Start by marking “London: A Book of Opposites” as Want to Read:
London: A Book of Opposites

London: A Book of Opposites

London can be rainy, or it can be sunny.

Some Buckingham Palace guards are big, and others are little.

Explore opposites through the sights of London in this gorgeous board book!

Hello, World is an exciting board book series that pairs early learning concepts with colourful, stylish illustrations of cities around the world.
Board Book, Hello, World series, 14 pages
Published October 20th 2015 by Penguin Workshop

To ask other readers questions about London, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about London

Gerry
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm getting rather good at opposites lately, having read two such titles in recent weeks.

This one in the 'Hello World' series examines London in a colourful and fanciful way.

The busby-hatted guard can be so big that he does not fit on the page, the top of his hat being cut off, but the little guard stands neatly in the centre of the page.

An old carriage, obviously not one of Queen Elizabeth II's carriages, is compared to a new union flag decorated bus while there is a distinct weather change at
Alice
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I was in London a few months ago and though this is a good intro to London and the pictures are bright and fun, I was not super thrilled by it! It just makes me want to go to London.so Maybe this little board book for toddlers, did its job...now, thrill me (or maybe this is my million dollar book idea... Reykjavik Book of Opposites, don't steal it ... I'll sue! ;-) )
Veronica Goodman
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kidlit
The illustrations and concepts are colorful, adorable, and bring back fond memories from across the pond. This board book is a hit with any Anglophile or aspiring one looking to learn about opposites in a creative, worldly way.
Sara (Sjthroughthelookingglass)
I love this series. My baby loves the bold illustrations and I loved remembering my trip to London though this simple book.
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nothing super special about this one, I just love all things British.
Drew Graham
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
London is full of sights and sounds and lots of opposites.

We found this at a library we don't usually visit, and it was a really great discovery. Of course it appealed to Mommy and Daddy, the nostalgia factor being not insignificant, not to mention due to the fun artwork, but it was just as much fun for The Boy (2.5). We always like an opposites book (though I do wonder at some of the artistic decisions... I wouldn't have thought of recoloring Westminster Abbey orange).
Valleri
Dec 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: babies, travel, london
This was my least favorite travel for toddler book I read in this series but it was equally as colorful despite it's lack of literary flow. In order to complete the four book collection, I will buy this one when the time comes. The other three books (San Francisco, New York, and Paris) contained so many more locations and showcased each city's culture more than this installment. I was disappointed that the London Eye didn't make the cut.
Agnes
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: travel
I think my favorite thing in here is the tea party. We love tea parties—especially when they're in London!
Brittany
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: preschool
Not my favorite, but still very cute! Love these books.
Elaine