Start by marking “Trailer” as Want to Read:
Trailer

Trailer

The less you know, the better.
ebook, 1, 20 pages
Published February 14th 2015 by Edward Lorn (first published February 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Trailer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trailer

Start your review of Trailer
Janie C.
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Edward Lorn has a knack for pulling the reader right into his short stories. The action is non-stop in this little chiller. My only complaint is that it ended too soon. It's time for me for me to move on to this talented author's longer works.
Paul Nelson

A one word review

THEtrailerYOUfearTOenterHOLDStheTREASUREyouSEEKnooooNOTfuckingTRUE.
Gregor Xane
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
(Disclaimer: I made several snarky (but helpful, I'm sure) comments during the editorial process on this one, so my opinion is most certainly biased. Don't even read the rest of what I wrote in this space.)

Another fine, short read from a man who's written quite a number of fine, short reads.

Lorn fans won't be disappointed.
Zoeytron
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Little Tony thinks the snow is funny. It's not, though. Car trouble in the middle of nowhere, a blinding snowstorm, a yawning mailbox, and off in the distance, a trailer . . .

A chillingly scary short story from the dark and twisty corners of the imagination that belongs to Edward Lorn.
Angel Gelique
Kay and Tony, her eight-year-old son with Down syndrome, are stranded on the road during a nasty snowstorm. She is thrilled to spot a nearby trailer. After all, she can find shelter therein and get some help...right? But then Bugs Bunny shows up. Well, not Bugs, exactly, but something peculiar that reminds Kay of the way the cartoon rabbit tunnels through the ground.

photo image.jpg2_zpst1qd4sff.jpg

Something sinister lurks beyond the trail leading to the trailer. But I'm not going to tell you what....

As always, Edward Lorn
Andrew Lennon
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I first came across Ed Lorn when I saw his freeby "The Naughty List" on promotion over Christmas. I'm not one to turn down free stuff so I grabbed it up and I really enjoyed it.
From then I have seen several comments on here for friends about Ed's books, all positive. And I really enjoy his reviews on Stephen Kings books!
So when I saw that he had a new book coming out and that it was only 20 pages I thought I'd have a little break from what I'm reading and check this out.
I'm certainly glad I did
mark monday
Short, sharp, vivid, visceral. Featuring horrible snarling biting clawing flying tunneling supernatural snow wolf creatures with bright green blood, like something out of a nightmare version of some children's cartoon. Lorn can certainly set a scene and then make it pop. Bonus points for having a strong mom character. Extra bonus points for having said mom character bash the brains out of her abusive husband before the story even starts.
Michael Hicks
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bought
TRAILER is a brisk and entertaining read, and a heck of a lot of fun. Edward Lorn plunks you right into the thick of things immediately, and his descriptions of battered-wife Kay's tribulations are spot on. Caught in a snow storm and on the run with her son after murdering her abusive husband, the two seek shelter in an abandoned trailer and get more than they bargain for. The prose is fast-paced and the descriptions are lean and mean, with some truly terrific turns of phrase. I'm a sucker for s ...more
Mel
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very short story and a very fast read. I don't want to say too much because it will just ruin the story. I will say, there is a reason they tell you not to go driving around when there is a bad snow storm. If you like creepy short stories this is a good one to check out. Edward Lorn, so far you have not disappointed.
Laura Thomas
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Edward Lorn is a master of the short horror story. This one is no exception.

It’s not fit for man nor beast with a nor’easter raging outside, but Kay has no choice. She left her husband lying in a pool of blood, the frying pan she used to kill him sticking out of his face. Bullying her was one thing, but abusing her son, Tony, a boy with Down Syndrome, was not to be tolerated.

Now, on the road in the middle of the night in a blinding snow storm, Kay must find shelter from the storm when the car br
Brainycat
Apr 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of traditional horror
Brainycat's 5 "B"s :
Stars : 3
Bechdel Test : PASS
Deggan's Rule : FAIL
Gay Bechdel Test : FAIL

Full review at booklikes.
Scot
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
(Review) Trailer
Another nightmare from the mind of Edward Lorn. The horror this time is twofold for our characters. The first is being stranded in the middle of a big snowstorm. The second is what else is in that storm with them. It's a nightmare for a woman and her son who have just escaped a horrific situation of their own. Short enough for a lunchtime but filled with intensity. If you are a fan of E, you will enjoy this story.

You will find this book on Amazon, here.
Kaisersoze
Feb 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
An interesting short story from Edward Lorn that deftly hooks the reader in via the events that have sent his protagonists on their flight. The reveal of what lies in wait in the snow is also well-handled. However, the final knockout punch I was expecting was more like a feather touch to the jaw that had the crowd (ie. me) baying for more (blood).

3 Avoided Automobile Services for Trailer.
Irene
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Trailer is a short horror story about a woman who is mad as hell and not going to take it anymore!
After.. shall we say having extricated herself and her young son from an abusive situation she is on the run in her junky car on a cold winter's night.
As junk cars are prone to do, just when you need them most, hers breaks down in the snow. They seek shelter in an abandoned trailer which is not as empty as it appeared to be.
David Caldwell
Short story

This is a fairly short story. It is a straightforward horror story, so I won't give anything away by doing a synopsis.

I will say that the story has great atmospherics. It has plenty of tension thrown into its few pages. It also gives a good back story. The only complaint I have is that I wanted more.
Amy
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Trailer is an entertaining little story, but it ended a little abruptly for me. I would like to have found out more about the mysterious creatures lurking in the snow, and what became of the weary travelers.
Lisa
Dec 23, 2015 added it
reat premise, but there just wasn't enough of the story for me. I enjoy this author, but I won't be reading this one again.
Dixie
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
another wonderful read by this author. will be buying a lot more of his.
Diane
Feb 11, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It never finished an idea. Too short and not for me.
Cheryl
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Don't get between a mother and her child

Kay and her eight year-old son Tony, who has Down Syndrome, are in a terrible predicament. On the run in northern Maine on the way to the Canadian border, Kay's car breaks down in the middle of a terrible blizzard.

Luckily (or not) they are near enough to walk to a trailer house.

Lorn has a talent for creating great, believable characters and skill in "painting" mind pictures that are easy (way too easy) to visualize.

Next I'm going to read a full-length bo
Peggy

• Blood Meridian, or the Evening Redness in the West
  • Boy's Life
  • The Lottery and Other Stories
  • Growing Things and Other Stories
  • The Cabin (The Cabin, #1)
  • Gemma
  • The Final Winter (Damienverse, #3)
  • Gone South
Edward Lorn (E. to most) is a reader, writer, and content creator. He's been writing for fun since the age of six, and writing professionally since 2011. He can be found haunting the halls of Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.

E. lives in Alabama with his wife and two children. He is currently working on his next novel.