Start by marking “Finding Purgatory” as Want to Read:
Finding Purgatory

Finding Purgatory

Bang!

In one short moment, Ani Novak’s life is turned upside down. Her beautiful family is destroyed and she is left completely alone. With an unnamed desire, she seeks out the little sister she had walked away from when she was nineteen.

Tori Kane is barely eighteen, jaded, and reluctantly in need of her sister’s help. While Ani is in the position to financially support her
Published March 31st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Finding Purgatory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Purgatory

Mina
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book... Good God. THIS BOOK. First of all, kudos to the author on her level of research. It's remarkable how the plot stays cohesive and very true to reality. Such a gem to find after a series of plot holes filled stories. Bravo.

That aside, I have no idea where to start. I finished this book 4 weeks ago, and after re-reading it for a third time, I still couldn't find the words. (Guess that's why I'm not the writer, huh?)

BUT THIS BOOK. Lord almighty. It stuck with me. I dreamed of this story
UltraMeital
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, m-f
This new book by Kristina caught me off guard. I've been waiting for a new book by her (had my "inside information" one was coming, sometime soon) and as usual the synopsis doesn't matter just the name Kristina was enough for me to order it the day it was out.

Granted it took me a week to get to it.. I actually had just two books before it - The two final books in the Cut & Run series by Abigail Roux, but with the Passover preparations and then becoming REALLY sick, it took me more than a WH
Rach Lawrence
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-request, 2015
*I was provided a copy of Finding Purgatory by the author in exchange for an honest review. I am not compensated for my honest opinion.*

Ani Novak’s beautiful life is shattered in the blink of an eye. Lacking direction after her family is shattered, she seeks out the little sister she walked away from when Ani was nineteen. Ani’s not sure if she wants to make amends or just reconnect with someone who doesn’t have a reason to pity her.

Tori Kane barely remembers her big sister or her parents, and h
Carrie Elks
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Finding Purgatory tells the story of Ani Novak, a recently bereaved mother and wife, who goes in search of her long lost-sister, Tori, who she lost touch with after their parents died. The last time Ani saw her, Tori was three, but now she’s eighteen and embittered by the foster system that brought her up.

She’s also extremely angry at Ani for abandoning her when she was a child. With sixteen years between them, she felt that Ani should have taken care of her, so from the start their relationship
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
For those of you who’re into angst – this one is for you. But beware – it ends on a positive note. It’s life. It’s real. It’s gorgeous.

So it’s no secret Kristina is a dear friend. She’s in fact one of the most opinionated, infuriating, quirky and incredibly talented people I know.

She’s also a fantastic writer and Finding Purgatory is her 2nd novel released. Her first published work, Duplicity is a novella and One to Tell the Grandkids is her first novel that release in 2014. Both are great reads
Judith
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Finding Purgatory.
Ani Novak lost her husband and daughter to a man who was, in a matter of speaking very very damaged. After finding out a little more about him, she decides to look for her sister, Tori Kane, whom she abandoned when said girl was just a baby.
Tori Kane has lived for the majority of her life in pain and alone. After her parents died, her sister dumped her in the system, or at least that is the way she sees it, but after her life takes a big twist, she admits to herself, she is in
Cindy
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I grew to care so intensely about these characters.

I couldn't put this book down! Kristina Sanchez crafted these characters so beautifully that each became precious to me. I came to care about their histories, experiences, and decisions. I look forward to reading more of Kristina Sanchez' work!
Bai
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I have a test coming up and I can't study because this book just messed me up. To be fair, I should have known better than to start one of Sanchez's writings. The author does not do things halfway. And now I have a headache from crying
Vicky
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a touching story

I really enjoyed reading this story. Such truth with a happy real ending. Couldn't put it down until I finished!
Mariejeanne26ff
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, from start to finish, could not put it down. I felt so much for all the characters, loved the intricacies of their relationships. A thoroughly enjoyable (if heart-wrenching) read.
Packy Pie
Dec 10, 2015
Julia
Jun 16, 2017
Jessica Sanchez
rated it did not like it
Dec 10, 2016
Ruthie
Oct 27, 2016
Tie
Sep 06, 2016
Kristina M. Sanchez is an Orange County California native. She currently resides down the street from Disneyland and is the mother of two pain in the behind cats.