Start by marking “Stolen Luck (Luck, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stolen Luck (Luck, #1)

Stolen Luck

(Luck #1)

Sixteen-year-old Megan Crenshaw has everything going for her, until a leprechaun shows up on her doorstep and steals all her luck. If that weren't enough, he follows her around, making sure nothing goes right.
What Louie didn't count on was Megan's friends standing by her. No matter what he throws at her, they're by her side to pick her back up again.

When Megan learns abo
Published February 6th 2015 by Dragons & Fairy Tales Press (first published November 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Stolen Luck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stolen Luck

Start your review of Stolen Luck (Luck, #1)
Wendy Knight
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My whole family loved this book--even my tiny preschooler. I loved it. The writing is fabulous and the story is adorable. I can't wait to get my hands on the next one!
Amber
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I only bought the first two books in the series but now I know I simply must buy the third one also as well as Jaclyn's other book "The Princess and the Prom Queen." :)
Melissa
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Luck O the Irish

A tale like no other in originality. With slices of humor, adventure, and a bit of romance this series so far is delightfully charming.
Laura Bastian
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man, there aren't many books that will make me think about them all day like this one did. I'm a mom to 5 kids and was called away a many times from my reading of this, and I couldn't wait to get back to the story. That in itself tells me it was good. Then as I was reading it, I giggled, snorted, and laughed enough that my kids kept asking me what I was reading. And it was so engaging I finished it in a day.

There are so many things that poor Megan has to deal with when Louie takes her luck, some
Donna Weaver
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What the book's about:
Sixteen year old Megan Crenshaw has everything going for her until the day a leprechaun shows up on her doorstep and steals all her luck. Not only that, he follows her around and wreaks havoc in her life. With the help of her friends, Megan must get her luck back before he manages to destroy her life and the lives of all those around her.

My take on it:
I had an opportunity to read this book before Jaclyn's publisher picked it up. My thought at the time was this just had to p
Jessie
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun book to read. I loved how there was bad and good leprechauns. The story had me cheering Megan, Beth, Adam, and Jared on. I couldn't wait to see what would happen next. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series to see what happens. I will be reading this to my 11 year old. She will love it as well.
Melanie
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book! Characters are well-thought out and the adventure is fun, and oftentimes nail-biting.
Rachelle Hearn
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is lots of fun for all ages. The main character Megan is spunky and courageous. I highly recommend it.
Texas
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stolen Luck #1 - What a fun book! Even though I had read Seeking His Luck #7 first, it didn't affect reading Stolen Luck. This is a well written, suspense filled story. The characters have been thought out and their dialogue is realistic, even the leprechauns; OK, maybe their accents need more Irish. The story is filled with humor, mainly directed at the main character, but while laughing, the reader feels for the girl. An enjoyable read that makes the reader look forward to the next book of the ...more
Clare O'Beara
This starts promisingly but turns into a long description of a day at school with many spills, trips, failing tests and so on. I am not interested in school days and those who are may enjoy this more. I also think it's strange that the teen girl doesn't freak out when a man appears in her bedroom. Okay, he's a leprechaun, but still....

The version I read has three chapters and I take it there is a longer book. This is probably best suited to YA girl readers under 16. I downloaded an ARC from Inst
Pascale
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was really fun to read and I enjoyed the humour too. It’s clean, teen/YA, no swearing, no sex, appropriate for all audiences. If you liked K. M. Shea’s “Goblin” series, changes are you will enjoy this one too. My only criticism is that I felt the story went on a bit too long. Otherwise, the author was successful in spinning a great story. I recommend it. There is a sequel to this as well, although this one stands alone. I would most likely read the sequel as well on KU. I got this book free ...more
John Clark
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not generally a fan of books featuring leprechauns or fairies, but this one hooked me pretty easily. The author's idea of someone with natural luck having it hijacked by a leprechaun is interesting in itself, but her portrayal of how that loss creates utter chaos and misery for Megan is done so well, you can't help but cringe multiple times as the book progresses. I've finished the sequel and am awaiting the third book as I write this.
Elissa
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From Perfect to Pathetic Teen

We have here a coming of age, first romance, triumph over adversity, young adult story which is wonderfully written (and perfectly narrated by Amy Hilburn), with believable characters and family interaction, carefully capturing the dynamics of being a teen. Now throw leprechauns into the mix and stand by for fun!
Crystine Fujimoto
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute YA story

Although the synopsis described the story, I was a little disappointed with the execution. I guess I expected a lot more in depth, character development. It felt like Freaky Friday meets Louis the Leprechaun.

If you're into cute, light YA reading I would recommend this book.
K Grant
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen, utah-author
Twas a great story, but I kept looking for a the leprechaun targeted her, such as a family ancestor, Irish heritage or something similar. It did have a perfect touch if romance and believable kind acts.
A_Friend
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stolen Luck

Awesome storyline and characters. Those little leprechauns can be trouble but all that’s needed is one determined girl and friends to fight back. Definitely a must read!!!
Ida Lukasik
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun leprechauns

I loved this book could not put it down.
So much bad and good happening. I enjoyed it and can't wait to read more books by Jaclyn.
Brooke
May 09, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A little painful to get through.
Eileen
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leprechauns

A fun young adult read. I enjoyed this wholesome adventure story, especially since I read it on St Patrick’s day.
Bill Mock
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was a lot of fun. Nice and light, teenage angst, high school romance, and Leprechauns. What more could you want?
Elen Tabita Bertoldi
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all ages
OMG I loved this book. It's so different from anything I've ever read and it's impossible to stop reading.

What would you do if someone stole all your luck?
Well I hope I don't ever have to deal with this because Megan sure suffered a lot after a Leprechaun stole all her luck because she didn't make a deal with him. Now imagine the most embarrassing things that could happen to someone in public?
Yep, you got it. All the unimaginable things happens to Megan after all her luck is stolen and she can o
Ryan H
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
It did take me a little while to get through this story, but am I glad I eventually did. I think I originally expected something entirely differet than I got. I found the story to be witty and extremely hilarious. There is a knock at the door and from then on there was fun loving humor mixed with a little teenage drama. Reading about the main character and her terrible luck brought my own luck into perspective. The majority of the characters I found to be really likable. I thought the bond betwe ...more
Lori
Aug 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Cute, humorous and fun story. Interesting concept. Good family friendly story.
You can listen to this story with the whole family and not have to worry about inappropriate content. Perfect for a road trip with the kids.

What would you do if you made a leprechaun mad and he stole your luck. What if he had plans to steal the luck from your whole family.

Meghan never gives up, she may have moments of doubt but she keeps going. With the help of her friends she is determined to find a way to fix the p
K. J. Valcourt
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have to admit I was a little concerned I might not like this book at first, but I gave it a shot anyway. I am so glad that I did! Other than a few typos I saw, it was well written and very interesting. Not to mention it hooked me in enough and made me curious to see what in the next book of the series.

The characters were pretty well written, they were a little predictable, and I don't know Jared believing Megan so quickly did seem a little forced, but that could just be me. I have to admit th
Emilou
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a fun read. I liked that she had some silly stuff in there. One of the things that impressed me about the book is that I've read a few teenage urban fantasy books very similar to this one, and usually a book about a teenage girl with bad things happening to her due to magic is very whiny and really bothers me how much complaining is in it. This book I felt had the right amount. I liked that the main character complained a little, cried a little, and then jumped up and was ready to conquer ...more
Donna
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to read something with leprechauns and there isn't a lot out there except for children's books and erotica. So I settled for this young adult book. It was definitely worth the read. I found this book hilarious. What if you made a leprechaun mad when you refused his luck services and he took all of your luck? Would you give in? Would you fight? Would you give in after your worst day ever? Or the second one?

This book is absolutely hilarious! This poor girl has absolutely no luck f
Carrie
Aug 10, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a cute story. It ended nicely to lead into a second book, but also wrapped up so if you don't read the next book, it won't feel unfinished.

The narrator was good for this story. She said 'fustration' instead of 'frustration', which wasn't the best, but other than that, she did a nice job portraying the main character.

**This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of AudiobookBoom.com**
Kristin
Jan 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked this better than the other book in the series
Thelma Coots
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To funny.

Oh I laughed so hard I think my family thinks I'm insane. But hey if you need a little joy in your life read this.
Erica
Jan 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1)
  • Rain Will Come
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Humpty Bumpkin (Country Cousin #1)
  • Jack of Spades: A Fae Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance (The Prophecy Book 1)
  • Girl Next Door (Jack Ryder #5)
  • My Sister's Murderer (The Mob Series Book 1)
  • Murder at Jade Cove (Cedar Bay Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Pitch Black (Blackwood Security, #1)
  • Shakespeare for Squirrels
  • Ready, Scrap, Shoot
  • These Haunts are Made for Walking (Ghostly Haunted Tour Guide Mystery, #1)
  • Wicked or Treat! (Paranormal in Manhattan #16)
  • A Grave Display: A Lacey Casket Cozy Mystery (Casket and Slate, #1)
  • Cruel Boy
  • The Boat Man (Reed & Billie, #1)
  • Winter (Evermore Academy, #1)
  • The Case of the Missing Parts (Michaela McPherson Mysteries #5)
Jaclyn is an Idaho farm girl who grew up loving to read. She developed a love for writing as a senior in high school, when her dad jokingly said she was the next Dr. Seuss (not even close, but very sweet). She met her husband, Steve, at BYU, and they have six happy, crazy children who encourage her to keep writing. After owning a bookstore and running away to have adventures in Australia, they set ...more

Luck (5 books)
  • Twist of Luck (Luck, #2)
  • Best of Luck (Luck, #3)
  • More Than Just Luck (Luck, #4)
  • No Such Luck (Luck, #5)