Start by marking “The Eye of Odin (The Raiders of Folklore, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Eye of Odin (The Raiders of Folklore, #1)

The Eye of Odin

(The Raiders of Folklore #1)

On probation for burglary, disliked at school, and with no memory of his past, fifteen-year-old Grayle Rowen thought his life couldn’t suck more than it already did. He was wrong—it was about to get worse. Much worse.

While on a field trip to the Vancouver Museum, Grayle is forced to steal a Viking runestone from the museum’s newest exhibit. Should’ve been an easy job, espe
Published February 4th 2015 by Dennis Staginnus

To ask other readers questions about The Eye of Odin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eye of Odin

Coreena McBurnie
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had so much fun reading this book and could hardly put it down -- it was incredibly engaging, fast paced, and well written. I love how the author seamlessly blended the real and the mythological worlds and had obviously done his research.

Each of the protagonists, Sarah and Grayle, were well developed and interesting. Each has an air of mystery about them that makes me want to know more and anxious for the next book so I can see how things turn out for them.

This is an action packed book filled
Kara
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this series for my kids this Christmas because Dennis is a teacher and librarian at their school. Since I was between books in all the series I read, I decided to give these a read. Oh my goodness!! I can’t say enough about how awesome they are! It’s like Tomb Raider meets Indiana Jones meets How to Train Your Dragon meets some of Kelley Armstrong’s Books.

There is so much action and adventure with just the right amount of mystery that it is very hard to put down. I often found myself r
Dan Jackman
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-read
I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

I certainly am glad I received this book as a giveaway because I don't think I would have picked it up on my own, and I was skeptical on receiving it. I gave it a good shot though, read it with an open mind, tried to put my preconceptions aside...and I really liked it!
It's a fast paced story with just enough hooks in the narrative to keep you going to the next chapter. The only problem is now I have to dig up the prequels and wait for the other 2 part
Christine Ony
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book! It was an effortless read and the action, humour and storyline wouldn't let me put it down until the end! Also a great book to break young readers into the fantasy genre! Can't wait for the second book of the series!
Janet Whitehead
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those novels that stays with you.. the characters, the plot full of mystery, magic and mythology, and with the extra appeal of looking forward to the next book in the sequel! Hard to put down - a truly excellent adventure!
Shannon Robertson
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you like Rick Riordan, then you will LOVE this book. Strong characters set in a nice mix between fantasy and reality. Strong male and female characters make this book a great read for both boys and girls.
Highly recommended to all ages.
Melissa
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the second time I read the book and it was just as an enjoyable as the first time! Now on to the sequel -The Emerald Dagger!
F A Teskey
Thoroughly enjoyed this well written book. The plot was exciting and kept me engaged throughout the story. Highly recommend it. Looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Holly
Oct 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was very, very neat to read a book that takes place in a city I've actually been to.
Jason
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't wait for the next one to come out. A very good start to a new series.
Ian Robertson
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this well written book. The plot was exciting and kept me engaged throughout the story. Highly recommend it. Look forward to the next book.
Janine
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not too family with Norse mythology and because of that I found myself wonder which parts of the story were based in myth and which were imagined. Other than that it was an enjoyable read. Grayle is likeable even though he is considered to be untrustworthy. I am still on the fense about Sarah. She knows more about Grayle than shes willing to admit or tell him and wants his help. She isnt forthcoming with information that might help Grayle with his past he cant rember. However, she does have ...more
Lexie Layman
Liesl
rated it did not like it
Feb 06, 2016

• Maya Vanishing
  • Marina: The Virgin Shepherdess
  • Tangled Magick
  • The Wizard Tales Vol I-III
  • Earth Vs. Aliens (Aliens Series #1)
  • Dragoncrown
  • The Jaguar Key: The Eternals: Rosamond's Story
  • The Morrigan: Raven Heart
  • The Dragon, the Captain, the Mermaid, and Me
  • She Rides with Genghis Khan (Catalina & Bonhomme International Spy Series, #3)
  • The Spiders of Halros (The Arros Chronicles, #1)
  • Monster Manor
  • How I Met My Pet Dragon  (Dragon In My Garage #1)
  • Priestess of the Dragons' Temple (Anamat #2)
  • How to Destroy the New Girl's Killer Robot Army (Slug Pie Story, #3)
  • The Legend of the Flaming Dragon
  • The Temple of Ardyn (Song of the Swords, #2)

The Raiders of Folklore (2 books)
  • The Emerald Dagger (The Raiders of Folklore, #2)
“A boy trained to break into secure facilities? Perhaps Kowaski wasn't entirely responsible for today's failures after all. Oops.” 0 likes