Start by marking “Ashes to Sparks” as Want to Read:
Ashes to Sparks

Ashes to Sparks

Book synopsis:
Ryan Jeffries is a firefighter – 33 year old, 6’5, red hair, green eyes. His 8 yr marriage he found was a sham – their 7 yr old caught in the middle of a nasty divorce, where his ex doesn’t want him to have any time with his daughter.
In the process of getting custody of his daughter, he finds himself interested in his daughter’s teacher – Lindsay Archer – who
Published February 17th 2015 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Ashes to Sparks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ashes to Sparks

Start your review of Ashes to Sparks
Nikki Reeves
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was a very sweet love story. There were a few parts that had me in shock and I couldn’t believe what these characters had to go through. But overall the love in this book over takes the bad.

Ryan is going through a divorce. Let me tell you his ex-wife is a HORRIBLE person. I could not stand this woman from the moment she was introduced. Ryan only wants to see his daughter Kristen and finally be free of his marriage and the problems his ex brings to the table. Just
Red Cheeks Reads
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ryan Jeffries is a handsome firefighter that is undergoing a difficult divorce. His ex wife has been dishonest and can’t seem to get her act together. One day he gets fed up with his ex wife’s inability to pick up their daughter. Even through his frustration, his daughters teacher, Mrs. Archer, catches his eye. Although he has sworn off relationships, the idea of dating his daughters teacher does cross his mind.
Mrs Archer, Lindsay, has a past and is found out after a bad car accident. An accide
Elizabeth Williams
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When Jeanine asked me to read and review this book for my blog I was excited. It's always a pleasure to help out a fellow author. With that being said, I really enjoyed this book and loved how well the story flowed.
Barb Shuler
First, thanks to the author for providing me with a copy of Ashes to Sparks for me to read in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this story. This is was a new author for me. And I am glad I came across this one. The story hit a few hard places and it could have trigger points in it for some as well. Fair warning. But all in all it is a great story of loss, heartache, love and the power of the human mind. There are so many things that one has to face in day to day life, so many of us
Wendy Wright
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ASHES TO SPARKS
REVIEW FOR https://www.facebook.com/YourNextHotRead By Wendy
Ryan Jeffries a 6ft 5 firefighter from Phoenix is trying to come to terms with his divorce & the visitation rights that is ex wife Wendy has put on him to see his only daughter Kirsten,

Putting his own life at risk daily to help other Ryan's ex wife wants him no where near there daughter & its making his life miserable, On a few occasions Ryan is called out of work to go pick his little girl up from school has his ex has
Helen Barnes
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really loved the family element to this book! The fact both lead characters came from loving, supportive families was refreshing. I did find all the 'R' siblings a little confusing but apart from Reed none of them played a massive part in the book so it didn't hinder my enjoyment.
The setting was fine, the plot fast moving & it never ran dry or got boring (although I found the first few chapters a little slow) once it hit its pace I was gripped.
The sensitive subjects were dealt with delicatel
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
This is nice read with an array of emotions, ready to take you over. Love and friendship, heartache and despair, are some of the emotions that will suck you in and hold you until the end.

Ryan is a firefighter who has gone through so much with his now ex-wife and the hits just keep on coming. Fighting to gain custody of his young daughter has made him a very hard man, one that even his family has trouble getting through emotionally.

When he meets Lindsey, his daughter’s teacher, after one of the m
Amanda
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story captured my heart quickly and took me on a ride full of emotions. I had to read it straight through due to the intensity, romance, mystery, fear and such invovled. This book will have you filled with anger, give you hope, set you ablaze with horror and leave you breathless at the end.
It deals with many real life issues: a nasty divorce for the firefighter, losing a spouse for a school teacher, moving on from such difficult events and trusting in the possibility of love. Add in the fac
Romance Readers Book Blog
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
The story of Ryan and Lindsay.
Ryan is a firefighter, Lindsay a teacher.
The story focuses on Ryan's ex-wife and the custody battle he is going through over their daughter. Lindsay is the daughter's teacher. This is how the two meet.
They have both look at each other before, but Ryan thought Lindsay was married (she's widowed), and Lindsay assumed he wasn't interested.
I did get a little annoyed at how the story of the ex-wife was so prevalent - and I understand why. Her junkie/druggie ways leave th
C.A. Tibbitts
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
The story of Ryan and Lindsay.
Ryan is a firefighter, Lindsay a teacher.
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
* * ARC given on behalf of obsessed by books for an honest review * *
OMG who doesn't love a fire fighter.
Ryan is a stronger, sexy, loving farther who is going through a messy Co parent experience. Ryan ex wife Wendy has gotten to where she's leaving their daughter at school. Ryan gets a call that he is needed at his daughters school cause Wendy has failed to show up again. when he arrives Kristen's teacher Mrs Archer is there along with police. when the matter is resolved and Ryan and his daug
Romantic Reads and Such
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
While I enjoyed Ashes to Sparks, I think that some people may find portions of it very hard to take. There are some emotional and physical moments that are … well, difficult. But if you can find your way past those the story is actually very good.

Ryan has a very difficult ex-wife, who not only made their marriage a mess but who is making trouble with his relationship with his daughter. It’s not made him all that open to love but his attraction to Lindsay is hard to resist. And it is a good thin
Lynn Smith
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Ryan is ready to get full custody of his daughter after his ex-wife had repeatedly missed picking her up at school. Having to leave work and pick her up makes him angry and frustrated. But getting to see Kristen's teacher Mrs. Archer makes up for it. He finds himself attracted to her. Thinking she is married he keeps his distance. Until he finds out she is a widow and all bets are off. Trying to fight with his ex-wife and build a r
April
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**I was provided a copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review.**

Ryan, a hunky firefighter, is divorced from Wendy and is trying to gain custody of his daughter Kristen. The ex is fighting him every step of the way. She has failed to show up at the school to pick up Kristen and the police are finally involved. With the help of Kristen's teacher Lindsay Archer, he files for temporary custody. A court case is brewing..mud is being thrown and things are going to get ugly. Ryan fears he will
Mindy
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc of this book in exchange for my honest review

I really loved this book once I picked it up I didn't want to put it down.

This story is about Ryan and Lindsay. Ryan is a fire fighter who has to go to school to pick up his daughter on the many times his ex forgets to. He meets Lindsay his daughters teacher that way.
Ryan and Lindsay becomes friends and she becomes a great support system for him. They first become friends to see if they can become more then just friends.
This boo
Victoria Simcox
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dealing with the pains of divorce, Ryan grew callous to his pals, coworkers and even his loved ones closest to him. His worries compound as he thought of what would transpire in the courts in order to be able to see his daughter. Then there seemed to be a ray of light ahead of him when he met Lindsey, his daughter’s teacher as well as a widow of a soldier. The two of them bond and Ryan finally feels happy and hopeful again. But will his relationship with Lindsay be enough to hold his world toget ...more
The Magic of Books Blog
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lindsey and Ryan's story is in a way very sweet but by god they have to go through a loads things especially from Ryan's ex wife Wendy. Ryan is a fire fighter and he has an 8 year old daughter with his ex wife Wendy. Wendy tries to keep him away from his daughter and he has to go through court to gain access. He meets and befriends Lindsey. She is his daughter's teacher and then meet when Wendy doesn't turn up to pick up Kristen from school. Lindsey is a widow but Ryan doesn't know that at first ...more
Bobbi
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Adults
Recommended to Bobbi by: Author
AWESOME and Emotional story. This story is packed with heartache, tragedy, friendship and most of all love. Ryan is in the midst of fighting for his daughter and fires all at the same time all the while he is guarding his heart to the one person who is there for him when things get out of hand and rocky. I love how this story lets love build, from a blooming friendship to romance. It shows how life is never a fairy tale. We all love, endure, and concur things in our life that are never expected ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog

Ashes to Sparks kept me reading into the wee hours of the morning. I couldn't put the book down because I wanted to know what was going to happen next with Ryan, Lindsay,Wendy, and Kirsten. The plot was suspenseful and at times intense.

The characters were complex, believable, and likable, except Wendy. I wanted to slap Wendy right through the book. I fell in love with Lindsay and Kirsten immediately. I really related to Lindsay in particular, maybe because she was a teacher. Ryan was a firefight
Bloggers From Down Under
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **

Ryan has the biggest fight of his life on his hands…….To gain full custody of his 8-year-old daughter, Kristen.

His ex-wife, Wendy, is making his life hell.

From constantly forgetting to collect their daughter from school, to drug fuelled confrontations, this is the last thing Ryan, the local fire lieutenant, needs.

Lindsay, Kristen’s school teacher, offers her assistance to Ryan, just when he needs it the most.

Will love finally find these
J.A. Heron
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read and reviewed by Jane on behalf of Red Hot Reads Book Blog.
I received a free copy in exchanged for an honest review!
Enjoyable, but over too quickly!
I really would have liked this book to be longer, but I have to say that I really enjoyed it.
There are some shocking moments in the book that I did not expect!
I was gripped and the author did a great job of pulling me in!
Likeable characters and hateable characters make this story a fabulous read!

I am impressed with the author's ability to spin a
Karen Harper
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this sweet romance.
First of all, who doesn’t like a firefighter? Ryan Jeffries is a lieutenant with the Phoenix Fire Department. He’s hot in more ways than one. But has he met his match when he meets his daughter’s teacher, Lindsay Archer?
But Ashes to Sparks isn’t a simple romance because Ryan’s and Lindsay’s romance hits a few speed bumps, the biggest one being Ryan’s ex-wife, Wendy. However, I don’t like simple romances, so I was pleased. I also loved the ending.
I gav
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
3 1/2 stars

A perfect weekend, lazy Sunday, lounging poolside kinda read.

While Ashes to Sparks deals with real issues like divorce, drug addiction, and loss of a spouse; at the heart of it is a beautiful love story. Despite the negative things in each of their lives you find yourself cheering for Ryan and Lindsay to have a happy ending. Even though the story is only about 150 pages long, I found the characters and the plot to well defined. I recommend it as a perfect weekend, lazy Sunday, or lou
Stacy j&j southern spice Coley
Ryan is a newly single father. He's been divorced a year now an trying to seek custody of his daughter. Lindsay is Ryan's daughter's teacher an shes been very helpful to Ryan abt his daughter while at school. Their relationship goes from professional and business like into a friendship when Lindsay gets into a car accident an Ryan was at the scene. I love how they both move past from their past an fall for each other.
Sarah Hooks & Books
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
***Copy given in exchange for an honest review by Hooks & Books***

It's refreshing to read second chance love stories with mature adult relationships. No drama, open communication. I love that. And that's exactly what Ryan & Lindsay had. Little angst throughout the book which kept me intrigued & interested in the story. Fairly quick read. Great story about second chances, love and family.
Shelli
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
A story of Love, loss and new beginnings. When your heart has been broken and your child is in danger with your ex. You fight with everything you have to protect your child and hopefully your heart will not turn black and you will be able to trust another women and love again. When you start off as friends and put the hold on the lust your will come to life again.
Sam
Mar 20, 2015
Brigitte Stotzka
Feb 16, 2015

News & Interviews

Rumaan Alam began writing Leave the World Behind with a series of tweets on a secret Twitter account he started two years ago.   The book that...