Start by marking “His Moment to Steal (In the Line of Duty, #4)” as Want to Read:
His Moment to Steal (In the Line of Duty, #4)

His Moment to Steal

(In the Line of Duty #4)

Once a thief, always a thief…and he’s just walked away with her heart.

In the Line of Duty, Book 4

Ex-military security specialist Luke Phillips would like nothing more than to walk away from his latest job, especially when he realizes the upscale market owner is the daughter ofthe man responsible for his year spent in juvie.

Except he promised the kids at the community cente
Published March 10th 2015 by Samhain Publshing

To ask other readers questions about His Moment to Steal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Moment to Steal

Romanticamente Fantasy
"Da come Luke aveva flirtato apertamente con lei, suppose che fosse uno a cui piaceva giocare, e la cosa le andava bene. Non era contraria a una notte di sesso bollente con un ragazzo sexy come lui, senza complicazioni. Ehi, almeno teneva sempre gli occhi ben aperti e sapeva di non potersi fidare di nessuno, altrimenti ne sarebbe stata di certo delusa. E, cavolo, una notte di sesso avrebbe di certo allentato la tensione che provava da quando aveva preso le redini dell’attività due anni prima, e ...more
Il confine dei libri
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: letti
Lettrici,
“Il suo attimo rubato” è il quarto volume della serie “In The Line Of Duty” di Cathryn Fox, che racconta la storia di un altro ex soldato, Luke, uno dei carissimi amici di Garrett, incontrato nei romanzi precedenti.
La storia si concentra totalmente sulle seconde occasioni e racconta la bellissima storia d’amore che nasce tra Luke e Emery, la figlia dell’uomo che anni prima gli ha rovinato la vita.

“Dopo essere stato in carcere e aver compiuto una missione oltreoceano, pensavo che non a
Melissa Mendoza
Page Count: 166
Heat Level: 3 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Ex-military security specialist Luke Phillips would like nothing more than to walk away from his latest job, especially when he realizes the upscale market owner is the daughter of the man responsible for his year spent in juvie.

Except he promised the
Victoria
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it

4.0 RATING- I think Cathryn Fox is one of those authors that doesn't get enough attention from my GR friends. His Moment to Steal wasn't my favorite book of hers but overall I think the In the Line of Duty series is a pretty strong contemporary romance series. The writing is good and the steamy scenes are hot. It's definitely a series I'll stick with and I hope to branch out and read other series from this author to see if I like as much.

Note: At the time this review was posted, this book was av
Sheryl C. Nash
*4.5 stars*

*ARC courtesy of Netgalley and Samhain Publishing*
P.e. lolo
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-military
Emery Vincent is now running the families grocery store and she cannot figure out why they are losing money. She decides to hire a security firm and it is run by Luke Phillips who is attracted to her the moment he sees hear. The only problem is later when her father finds out that he is the person she hired he does not like it because he had Luke sent away to juvie for shoplifting when he was a teen. That experience had a life changing effect on Luke and his family in more ways than one. He late ...more
Crystal Yawn
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm rapidly becoming a Cathryn Fox fan and this story did not disappoint.

Emery is running her father's grocery store on the upper end of town.  She is losing money and items and needs help bringing her books into the black.  In steps Luke to put in new security cameras and measures. Luke has a bad history with the store, but sets that aside to help Emery.  It's attraction at first site on both sides and they steam up the book while securing the store, her brother, his sister, the center etc.

I
LJT
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
His Moment to Steal by Cathryn Fox is another hot addition to her In the Line of Duty series. I have read and enjoyed the first three books and this one is equally as good. I really liked the main characters in this story because they were amazingly kind-hearted, down to earth, and always put the needs of the people they cared about ahead of their own.

Emery Vincent is a smart and beautiful woman who owns an upscale grocery store. She took it over from her father after he survived a heart attack
Nerdy Chic
Every book in this series just keeps getting better and better! I have fallen in love with each of the characters in this series and with every one I read, I always wonder how the author can top herself. Each time, she proves that she totally can. Cathryn Fox does a fantastic job in mixing a great story with laugh out loud moments, endearing characters and sexy as sin dialogue.

"I'm going to tear your clothes off, put my hands and mouth all over your body, and then I'm going to take you. Hard. So
Blogmondosegreto
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In questa storia ci si immerge pienamente all’interno della vita di Luke Philips, un ex soldato, che ha deciso di aprire la Philips Security per dare lavoro ai suoi commilitoni e per aiutare la comunità a cui è particolarmente legato, a causa di un passato turbolento alle spalle che non gli dà modo di vivere in pieno la sua vita.
“Luke si voltò e vide Winston Taylor che lo fissava; Lo stesso Winston Taylor che era stato il proprietario del Taylor’s Market e aveva contatti con le alte sfere. Be’,
Darcie
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't stop reading this series!

Oh the men in this series are simply to die for and the women who steal their hearts are even more amazing. Luke and Emery are such a beautiful pair and watching both of them learn to trust one another was beautiful.
Jess L.
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So di averlo già detto, ma la penna di Cathryn Fox mi cattura sempre. I suoi libri non sono lunghi ma intensi e passionali si, decisamente. Andate a conoscere il burbero e dolcissimo Luke e scoprite la storia sua e di Emery.
Maryann
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recensione a breve
Franci Neill
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First let me say I was given this ARC in exchange for my honest review. So here we go.....this is the 4th book in the Line of Duty series by this author. And I can unequivocally say this is by far the hottest most intense of the 4 books. And I LOVED every minute of it!

In this book you are introduced to Emery and Luke. Two people that have known of each other for several years but due to some circumstances that altered Luke's teen years, they've never interacted with each other. When they meet in
Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So with all the kind of dark and MC books I've been reading lately. I was ready for a lighter read. It feels like forever ago since I've read one of author Cathryn Fox's In The Line of Duty series books. And I have been patiently/impatiently waiting for this one.

Oh ok I'll start with Luke. I love love love Luke. He's a sweet, sexy, dirty talking alpha male. His backstory is heartbreaking, I just wanted to hug him. And even after everything he's gone through he see's the good in everything a
Romantic Reads and Such
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love these “In the Line of Duty” books. The guys are all Alpha and the women are spunky – my favorite kind of combination – and His Moment to Steal fits right in. Make sure you check out His Trouble in Tallulah and His Taste of Temptation.

If you take on the latest in the series, be prepared for some steam because the story is rough and coarse and sexy as hell, just like its hero. Luke is off-the-charts sexy but he’s carrying around a lot of baggage. Spending time with Emery, daughter of an old
Jimnlori
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Memories from all those years ago come flooding back to Luke as he realizes that he will be working for the family that made an example out of him by pressing charges for him stealing from their market instead of trying to find out why he needed to steal the food in the first place.
He didn't think that he could do it, but he made a promise to the kids at the community center and he intended on keeping it no matter how uncomfortable he felt.
Luke was pleasantly surprised that he was dealing with t
Missy
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

Just when I think I've read the best book in the series, I move on to the next book and find myself loving that one just as much. At this point, I can't pick a favorite! All of the stories are soo good and I love the fact that they all have some sort of forbidden element to them.

Luke is a former military consultant who now owns his own security company after leaving the armed forces. Set to meet with the owner of Taylor Market, he is memorized by a woman named Emery, who turns out to be the own
Rhonda Brant
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well Damn. Just finished His Moment to Steal. I loved it! Loved the chemistry between Luke and Emery, loved what a good guy Luke was, broke my heart on how Emery viewed herself, and those steamy love scenes, be still my heart! I definitely got choked up when Jeremy's situation came out, we've all known kids with special needs, so it really tugs at your heartstrings when Luke has the compassion towards Jeremy that Emery has never seen before. Very touching story about two people who just need a c ...more
Bette Hansen
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book!! It's the fourth in a series but easily read standalone. I haven't read the others yet but I sure will now!! This book is sizzling hot with an incredible story at it's core.

The last thing Luke Phillips wants to do is step foot back in the place that sent him to juvie years ago. But a job is a job and he's made promises he's not willing to break! To his delight, and probably downfall, the place is no longer run by the hateful old man but by his beautiful daughter Emery Vincent.

Em
Nicole Laverdure
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Perfect summer read!

This is the first time I read a book by Cathryn Fox. I really enjoyed her fourth book His Moment to Steal in her series In The Line of Duty! It was a cute story, fun to read and refreshing!

It tells the story of Luke and Emery. Luke, was a bad boy, who, in the past had been caught stealing by Emery's father, the owner of a store and sent to juvie. Now, a security specialist, he is hired by Emery, not knowing the problem existing between her father and him. But as soon as, she
Nicole Smith
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You learn everything is not as it seems. Luke is one hot hero, but with the heart to go with it. I loved how he interacted with Emery's brother that alone puts him on my favorite book boyfriend list not to mention his bedroom skills. Just make sure to have a glass of something cold trust me you'll need it when reading those moments in the book. This book had the perfect balance of steam and story for me.
Erin
This was good.

I liked Emery - though I kept picturing all the 'emery board' jokes one could make.
I liked Luke - yeah 'nuff said. I liked him.

The only thing I didn't like? Emery's father. We weren't supposed to like him though.
Mostly I felt that the end (view spoiler)

Laura Hannaway
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very sweet story about two people from different backgrounds who, in order to find love as adults, have to overcome ther prejudices. I really enjoyed the story and the characters, the only thing I would have liked more would have been an apology from Emery's father to Luke for his behaviour. Although this is part of a series, it can be comfortably read as a standalone story. Recommended.
Karry
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

These books are just getting better and better. Each one filled with morals and emotion. This book was no different. All it takes is trust and maybe a second chance to get everything you've ever wanted out of life.
Misty Roule
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Do you believe in 2nd chances? Well if you don't now you might change your mind after reading this... Heart pounding, breath holding, tingle causing thrill of a ride! You'll be asking yourself and everyone else "Why don't real Luke's exist???" Happy reading : )
Kimberly
Mar 15, 2015 rated it liked it
To me this wasn't one of those "Wow that was a great book!" Yes there are some great sex scenes, but overall after reading there were no standout moments it wasn't a bad book but in my eyes average nothing that stands out. Just my opinion.
Chrissy Dyer
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely the best book of the series so far!! Luke can make your insides quiver and make you go weak in the knees!!!
Princess Thuy
A very hot and sexy read. The chemistry between Luke and Emery almost short circuited my kindle. An enjoyable quick read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Her Dark Half (X-Ops, #7)
  • Every Little Kiss (Harvest Cove, #2)
  • Blood on the Mountain (Mountain, #4)
  • Tackled by the Girl Next Door
  • Alex (Band of Bachelors #2)
  • Rise (Hold, #4)
  • The Highlander Who Loved Me (The McKennas, #1)
  • Boomer - The Elite: Part 1 (The Elite - Boomer and Player, #1)
  • Close Up
  • Playing for Keeps
  • Rogue Blood (The Untouchables #4)
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • When It's Right
  • Hostile Desires (Task Force Hawaii, #2)
  • Take Me if You Dare (Birthday Dare, #1)
  • Hacking the SEAL (Saving the SEALs #2)
  • Guarding His Heart (Half Moon Bay #3)
  • Between Friends
New York Times and USA today Best selling author, Cathryn is a wife, mom, sister, daughter, and friend. She loves dogs, sunny weather, anything chocolate (she never says no to a brownie) pizza and red wine. She has two teenagers who keep her busy with their never ending activities, and a husband who is convinced he can turn her into a mixed martial arts fan. Cathryn can never find balance in her l ...more

In the Line of Duty (7 books)
  • His Obsession Next Door (In the Line of Duty, #1)
  • His Trouble in Tallulah (In the Line of Duty, #2)
  • His Taste of Temptation (In the Line of Duty, #3)
  • His Best Friend's Girl (In The Line Of Duty, #5)
  • His Reason to Stay (In the Line of Duty, #6)
  • In the Line of Duty: Books 1-3