Start by marking “Embrace (Tangled Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
Embrace (Tangled Love, #2)

Embrace (Tangled Love #2)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  761 Ratings  ·  152 Reviews
Liam Parker crash landed into Laurie’s life when everything else was crumbling all around her. Her marriage and career were in pieces and her mind was left spinning.
But one touch from Liam, and Laurie could forget everything else around her.
She thought she had it all figured out.
As Laurie lost herself in Liam’s warm caresses and his commanding blue eyes, her husband refuse
Published 2015

Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
3.5 Stars

*ARC graciously provided in exchange for an honest review*

I'm having a hard time dealing with what I know is right and what I'm feeling is right. Please know you must read book one before reading this review! I don't want to spoil it for anyone! So if you plan on reading this series, read this review later.

In book one we find out Laurie husband James cheats on her with her best friend...not with just any woman mind you, but her bestie! In book one I really liked Liam (the sexy British
Candace
*I was provided an ARC of this book through Netgalley.com in exchange for honest feedback.*

I'm still struggling to accept the change in this story's direction. I thought I knew how everything would work out at the end of the first book, but I was wrong. I wouldn't say that this book was bad. Truly, it was a good book. It just didn't go the way I wanted it to, so I didn't like it as much as the first book.

Depending on how you wanted Laurie's love triangle to be resolved, you may either love or h
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
**** 4 STARS ****

description

"I deserve a man who wants me and will stop at nothing to have me. I deserve a man who will fight for me."

You have to read the first book before reading this. Without it, you won't understand the sexual attraction between Laurie and Liam. You won't understand Laurie's difficult decision or her confusion.

"I want to f*ck the memory of him out of you."

But Embrace is not about Liam. He's is barely involved in the story. Here, you see Laurie and James trying to mend things togeth
Caroline
Feb 14, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm Disappointed

This has a spoiler, so if you're going to insist on reading this tripe, then don't read this.

FIRST--this is really the rest of the first book. The author was so lazy or greedy that she took one lousy book and divided it into two. It's a cheap trick and I don't appreciate it.

SECOND--Her husband has an affair in the first book with her best friend. Then she meets a delicious guy on a business trip named Liam. He is super hot and I mean, just get a towel now ladies. She has an in
Dirty Dayna
May 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
 photo arc_zps18b56b1b.png

Book 2
2 James Stars
This portion of the book focuses on Laurie working on rekindling her marriage with James instead of getting divorced. I think the book will sit differently with individual readers and especially if you have worked through marriage. To me it just ended so abruptly and just didn’t really resolve any of their marital issues.

There is a third book in this series which appears to be a standalone about differet characters .

This series was just not for me. I wish other readers
Nikki ღ Navareus

The first book was phenomenal, and absolutely a MUST READ. Do not read Embrace without reading Entice first, or you will be missing out on so much. Lately all the sequel stories I pick are are just not at all as good as the first book. Well, that's definitely not the case with this story. It's just as good, if not better than the first. In the first story (Entice), Laurie is devastated after walking in and overhearing her husband and best friend heatedly arguing about the time they recently slep
Samantha
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This picks up right where the first book leaves off. Laurie is feeling betrayed by Liam and still trying to figure out how to deal with James. The frustration is high and her feelings are all over the grid. It isn't easy when Liam makes her forget her own name and James just won't stay down for the count or that her parents continue to meddle.

Another shocking truth comes to light for Laurie and it sends her over the edge. She pushes Liam away and falls into James who has been fighting since she
Cari
Aug 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Jessie
This story is something else. This book is full of drama, betrayal, and hurt pride. I know James cheated on Laurie and to be honest, I'm not sure If something like this actually happened to me that I could forgive and forget. But my heart hurts for James!

Laurie's character really frustrated me in this book. Part of me wants to shake Laurie and tell her to stop toying with the men in her life. But another part understands why she is hesitant. She says she wants one thing, but when that one thing
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

I really didn't like how this story ended...
Not for the outcome of the heroine's affair, but for the fact that everything that happened on book 1 was completely put aside..it felt choppy and too much like a lose end to me.
I liked how it was going, even if she didn't end up withwho I wanted her to end up with, if it have had a bit more consistency to the story on book 1, without leaving these loop-holes, iI would have been ok with it...
CM
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
J.E. Benoit
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“How and I supposed to win a battle when I don’t know what I’m fighting?”
“I’m not something to win,” I whisper, although my words are clear.
He shakes his head once. “You’re everything.”

I thought this book was an awesome follow up to Entice, I wasn’t sure which way the story was going to be taken but I really loved where it ended up going! This book picks up pretty much right where the first book left off after Laurie learns of the latest betrayal at the hands of a man (or men) she trusted. I won
Jessica
See more of my reviews on my blog Thoughts At One In The Morning.

My Thoughts:

If I didn't have a copy of Embrace after finishing Entice, I probably would have passed out. The first book in The Affair series had me all turned around, and my mind was focused on one thing and one thing only: What. Is. Going. To. Happen. Next. Because seriously! With everything that happened by the end of the first book, my feels were all discombobulated and there was no way I couldn't find out what was next.

At the e
Shanoff Reads
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**I received an ARC for an honest review.**

I am going to start this out by saying that I am so opposed to marital affairs, but for some reason his book and ENTICE did it for me. I loved that Laurie decided to take her life into her own hands no matter what anyone else thought. I hate that she was ever in the situation that she was in because of it she did something probably never imagined she would do.

With that being said...I can not believe the outcome of Laurie's story. I just did not see it c
Anna
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Liam and Laurie's physical connection is undeniable, but Liam kept some pretty serious secrets from Laurie that caused her life to change in drastic ways. She knows that she can't trust someone who has deceived her in this way. James is trying to do whatever he can to help Laurie understand how much he loves her and that he will do whatever he can to rebuild their relationship and trust.

Laurie is still reeling from the chaos her career and life was thrown into after she met Liam. She is dealing
Monica Cullip
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it

Embrace

This story was gifted to me in exchange for an honest review.

I love this author's writing style. I loved Entice and I was looking forward to finding out who would eventually end up with Laurie. I had not quite decided on which way I was leaning. James the husband had messed up, sure he did, a pretty big screw up too, but sometimes some things do need to be forgiven. Liam has given her some hot sex, shown her that she is still a desirable woman but he is holding on to some deep secrets and
Albert
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Embrace, book two in the Affair series by S Layne, follows Laurie as she returns home to her broken life. Her marriage is torn by the affair her husband James had and now she is betrayed by the sell of her company and the reality that the man she just slept with, is now her boss.

But her life is about to get even more complicated as her mother suffers a heart attack and her father has just bought out the company she works for. Everything she ever believed in has fallen apart. Her marriage, her wo
michelle Shelly
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Arc received for honest review. I am going to do my best to keep this review as spoiler free as possible, so here goes.

Embrace is the second book In The Affair Series, it is not a stand alone so you should definitely read the first book Entice before reading this.

Embrace picks up where Entice left off, Laurie is heart broken again by a man she can't trust. With Liam keeping things from her she feels betrayed again by a man that she has feelings for.

When her Mom has a heart attack, her father se
Emma
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Book two in the series brings a conclusion to the story.
I thoroughly enjoyed the first book and got entwined with the characters and their lives, the second book is on a different level, we delve into their minds and quite literally bodies! Where I thought book one was hot this one is off the scale!

Laurie, James and Liam are the love triangle that was so prolific in book one, this quickly evaporates so we're left with a forgive and forget story.
I understand why this has to happen but what happ
Nerissa
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I am still finding Laurie's behavior wrong. Her getting angry at James for sleeping with OW once - yes understandable (I dont know if I could ever forgive), but her getting angry at James for getting angry at her for sleeping a multitude of times with OM is hypocritical. I find her very selfish and lacking empathy. I actually think at 50% of the way through the second book that James deserves better than her. Wow. never have I in a cheating book been on the cheaters side. NOTE: I do NOT condone ...more
Julie
I liked the first book. It was a quick read, kept me on a roller coaster of feels, and left me really curious to which direction Laurie would choose to go! And then, I picked up book two. I was not a happy reader.

If the first book was focused, the second was all across the board. First, I did not like her decision! I mean, neither was worth her at all, but if I had to pick.... Okay. So it was a no-win situation. Two, all the little extras didn’t spice things up. Instead, it was like her choice
Marsha
Feb 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
I have to say that I really struggled with this book. Why? Well, since you asked, I had the same problem that I had with the first book. Laurie is not her own person. She allows people to walk all over her, acquiesces to other's demands and in the end does not even attempt to take the time to reacquaint herself with who she truly is or wants to be.

I had so much hope for Laurie. I wanted her to stand up for herself and just leave everything behind. I wanted her to find the strength to pursue her
Cyndi Becker
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Marriage in trouble, a woman conned....

Laurie is suffering from the worst kind of betrayal. Not once, but twice. She doesn't know who to trust anymore but she does find that one man will move heaven and earth if she'll just let him love her again.

What an amazing story of forgiveness and second chances. After discovering her lover maybe didn't have the best intentions, that she was being lied to, she left with more self doubt then she thought possible. It becomes clear that her husband James w
Mazmum
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Now as I said before, I really enjoyed part one. I was caught up in the heady luststorm between Laurie and Liam and wondering where it was going to take us.

And then I started to get really annoyed...

Laurie past the point where she was a strong independent woman who was enjoying sowing her oats and turned into a simpering female who can't string a sentence together when an attractive man is in the room. She let go of everything she had worked so hard for career wise and I just wanted to quit read
Johanna Sawyer
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: april-read, netgalley
Thanks Netgalley for a copy to read and review.

Whoop..whoop. After finishing Entice I prayed and went to my kindle to see if had book two. Well God was listening. Book two was not as fun as book one though. In this part she loses bad ass Liam and goes back to her husband sadly. I find it funny that she acted like Liam was all that in bed but because there were things he couldn't give her, she dumps him. Probably rightly so. So she decides since James is there for her to give him a second chance
Alexandra
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Juwayriya
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I got the first book in the duet for free and liked it a lot BUT was still hesitant on whether I should but the second one or not. But I am glad I did. Even though it dealt with cheating, etc., the first book and this one spoke to me in ways that most books don't. Because it almost but not totally, was a mirror about my marriage. Except for the actual cheating on spouses part (at least on my end). :) Very rarely do books give me hope that maybe everything will work out in the end... especiall
Suzie
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A disappointing end...

I would hope that women have more respect for themselves then to forgive an affair and go back to the cheater!!! What a disappointing ending!!! Even if she ending it with Liam... be brave and know that what happened happened for a reason and move on to someone else. Don’t return to the problem!!! The first book was so good very sad that I wasted the money with the seconds outcome!!
Epicbookaddict
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Liam is such a dick! Laurie was kind of pissing me off with her wishy washiness but overall I really enjoyed these first 2 books. I'm not sure if I'll read the 3rd just because I feel like Laurie, Liam and James' story is wrapped up. I would like to see something really awful happen to Becky though. Moohahaha.
  • Elicitation (The Training of Eileen, #1)
  • Reckless Fear (The Black Vipers, #1)
  • Dr. Chase Hudson (The Surrogate #2)
  • Beautiful Losers
  • The Ground Rules Rewritten (The Rule Breakers, #2)
  • Night Fires
  • Enough
  • The Darkest Frost, Vol. 2 (The Darkest Frost, #2)
  • Captured (Hunted Love, #3)
  • Thunderstruck (Thunder Mountain Brotherhood, #2)
  • Wanderlust
  • Watching (Watching, #1)
  • From Fake to Forever (Newlywed Games #2)
  • Hidden Heat (Brothers of Mayhem, #1)
  • Harlot (Bartered Hearts, #2)
  • Triple the Fun (Kings of California, #16)
  • The Player Next Door
  • Persuasion (Sons of Odin MC, #1)
Stacey Lynn is the author of more than two dozen romance and erotic romance novels. Most of which have been best sellers on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks!

Her latest release, Fake Wife, is available on all retailers and getting excellent reviews! http://bit.ly/2EuWcje

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2GhozSE
Facebook: http://bit.ly/2C1XYLe
Twitter: http://bit.ly/2EwGQPg
Instagram: http://bit.ly/2o2KUg4
More about Stacey Lynn

Tangled Love (3 books)
  • Entice (Tangled Love, #1)
  • Enflame (Tangled Love, #3)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Twilight / Life and Death (Twilight, #1, 1.75)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Hard Love (Hacker #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • A Walk to Remember
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Secrets in Death (In Death, #45)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hard Limit (Hacker #4)
    $6.99 $0.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“But then life threw her another curveball. And when she once again began picking up the pieces, learning how to survive and rebuild after everything exploded, there was only one man still there, one man who remained by her side, showing her that sometimes life isn’t about learning how to survive… It’s about learning how to thrive.” 1 likes
“I deserve a man who wants me and will stop at nothing to have me. I deserve a man who will fight for me.” 1 likes