Start by marking “Naked Soul: The Erotic Love Poems” as Want to Read:
Naked Soul: The Erotic Love Poems

Naked Soul: The Erotic Love Poems

"Erotic poetry that evokes feelings of joy, happiness, and an overall celebration of the arts of physical and romantic love." - KIRKUS REVIEW

"Naked Soul: The Erotic Love Poems" is an extraordinary storytelling in the form of erotic love poetry, speaking directly to the reader's heart through sensations that course throughout the body.

This powerful collection of erotic and
Published January 9th 2015 by Naked Soul Press

To ask other readers questions about Naked Soul, please sign up.
Salil Poetry contains few words but tells much. Its beauty is that by being condensed it is rich in meaning and open to various interpretations.

Unlike prose…more

Unlike prose, there is no boundary to poetry. There is nothing concrete or black and white. Poetry is mutable, it is transformative. Poetry is the alchemy of hearts. And what cannot be said in prose, can sometimes be said only through poetry.

Poems are word paintings. Poetry doesn’t belong to time; that’s why you can feel as if poems are speaking directly to you. If you enjoy poetry, chances are that you are among those who smell the roses and occasionally stop to feel the moments you’re living.

I can tell you, I have experienced the beauty of witnessing others who do stop and enjoy life, one moment at a time, and who find passion in the flow of these peak experiences.(less)
Salil The single biggest reason I decided to write this book is that there is such a lack of new and original erotic poetry. I have read a lot of poetry boo…moreThe single biggest reason I decided to write this book is that there is such a lack of new and original erotic poetry. I have read a lot of poetry books on love and passion, but on romance and erotic love, I do not find enough quality work on the market. Most of the books out there are either too old or big anthologies covering the same poets and poems.

There is a lack of new and original work. Most of us have read something from Ovid, Sappho, Shakespeare, the ancient Greeks, the Romans, or from the Kamasutra. But love is a theme that should be celebrated with freshness. Our society needs fresh poems and a new appreciation of erotic love that will bind humanity together. Without love, there would be nothing, none of us.

My second reason for writing this book is to speak my heart. There is too much noise and stress out there in the world. How often do you see people stop by to listen to an artist playing music?

Chances are if you are reading this book you have an artist in you. You are a reader, and therefore a thinker, an observer, a living soul who wants more out of this human experience.

The reader of these poems can relax while slowly reading, reflecting, and visualizing what it would be like to make love with their beloved (or a fantasy figure). This book is full of poems: everyday stories we can all relate to.(less)

Start your review of Naked Soul: The Erotic Love Poems
Melinda
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Naked Soul contains a wide range of poems put together in a detailed and loving manner. From a well written Preface, an extensive Brief Introduction to an added and appreciated touch towards the back of the book referencing an Index of First Lines. Lovely simplistic drawings illustrate and add depth to many of the poems, another detailed provided by Salil not unnoticed.

Salil alerts the readers to themes of love, romance, chase, seduction and sensuality. The poems cover topics ranging from spirit
Mai Balaibo
Jun 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-challenge, ebook
I guess I'm more suited to unrequited love/heartbreak poems :P But I liked #PoetryofKissing

Anita
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good work Mr. Jha! Fresh and original! The best I have read so far.
Léatitia Brière
(From my blog)

This is the first Poetry book I'm reviewing but as usual, I'm gonna let my heart speak for myself.

I really, really loved reading Naked Soul. From the first poem to the last, it kept all its promises. I enjoyed every word, every feeling. I feel like it was a journey and while reading it, you travel through different states of mind. It was so much beautiful and it reached deep into my soul, my memories and my ghosts, the bad and the good ones.

I enjoyed the beauty of how erotical and
Solaris
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry, eros
I liked everything about this book. The lively and strongly allusive covers, the idea of having illustrations to complement the poems ... and of course the poetry itself!

I was won over by the central idea of the book which is also reflected in its well-chosen title. This collection of poems is quite rare for our times when we are often bombarded with notions of sexuality that may look objectifying or empty. There is substance in this book. The overall `vibe' of Naked Soul is an ecstatic eroticis
Alicia
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gorgeous work and transcendent. For personal pleasure or to share with someone special.
Vita Coop
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal!! Great romance starter! Give this as a gift to that special someone. It will definitely strike a spark!
dennis5
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Creative take on Eroticism.Loved the way the poet uses his imagination to drive you through the world of Eroticism.Loved it...
Sweetpea
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of Naked Soul: The Erotic Love Poems from the Goodreads First Reads program in exchange for an honest review. Ordinarily I am not a huge fan of poetry but I loved this book!
Pradeep Pandey
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Naked Soul is one of the best poems on Love and Eros. The literary side of the book is superb. love it.
Gracieh
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Original piece of work that makes you want to turn the next page!
Denise Kollock
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I personally like this approach when it comes to eroticism. The imagination of his approach makes you vividly vision what and how he feels. Some of my personal favorites were:

"If You Were" (p. 68)
"I Wish" (p. 125)
"Moon Lover" (p. 129)
"I Wait For You" (p. 135)
Vincent de Paul
Mar 16, 2016 rated it liked it
The best of love poems, erotic, and soul-touching. Sounds more like a sex guide, which is good at the same time communing with the soul.

“Naked Soul: The Erotic Love Poems” is an extraordinary storytelling in the form of erotic love poetry, speaking directly to the reader's heart through sensations that course throughout the body.

This powerful collection of erotic and sensual love poems celebrates the erotic spirit in all its forms -- from intense passionate sexual desire to seductive victory.

The
Chrissy
Apr 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Michelle Padilla
Mar 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaway-wins
Won this book on Goodreads Giveways. Enjoyed the poems. Easy light reading for someone wanting to just take a break from life and enjoy a quick read book.
Gen Giggles
Feb 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
This was a good set of poems. Not quite a erotic as one would expect by the title, but still well written.
Diane
Oct 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in a Goodreads first-reads giveaway.

Vivid, evocative and heart-felt poems.
Kat
Feb 14, 2017
Kirkus Review 1 2 Apr 02, 2015 01:55PM
Erotic Poetry 1 2 Feb 15, 2015 05:13PM
Reviews for Naked Soul: The Erotic Love Poems 1 6 Jan 26, 2015 12:16PM

• How to Talk Dirty: Over 500 Dirty Talk Examples that Will Have them Going Gonzo, Scaling the Walls and Pleading for Sex
  • All-New Wolverine #31
  • The Batman Who Laughs (2018-2019) #3
  • The Batman Who Laughs (2018-2019) #2
  • The Batman Who Laughs (2018-2019) #6
  • The Batman Who Laughs (2018-2019) #7
  • The Batman Who Laughs (2018-2019) #5
  • The Batman Who Laughs (2018-2019) #4
  • Self-Discipline: How to Develop the Mindset, Mental Toughness and Self-Discipline of a U.S. Navy SEAL
  • Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2)
  • Darkstalkers #0
  • The Lady Submits (BDSM Bacchanal, #1)
Salil S. Jha is a contemporary poet, storyteller, and transpersonal coach. His works explore themes of passionate love and universal truths. Salil lives in Boston, Massachusetts and is an active blogger and podcast host for The Naked Soul Talk Show and The Art of Travel.