Start by marking “Never Gonna Tell” as Want to Read:
Never Gonna Tell

Never Gonna Tell

My name is Reagan Wilcox: high school senior by day, kick-ass investigative journalist by night. I’ve always loved observing people—especially when they think no one is paying attention.

I thought I was ready to cover any story. Work any angle.

Nothing could have prepared me for what happened that night. I wasn’t ready for what I saw. And I certainly wasn’t ready for him.
Published March 17th 2015 (first published 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Never Gonna Tell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Gonna Tell

Sophie's Reading Corner
Never Gonna Tell was a really interesting story. Quite suspenseful, adventurous and mysterious with characters that I loved reading about. I loved the heroine, maybe because she reminded me of myself. I was always the shy and quiet type of girl. The invisible one. The type who hated school, not because I wasn't a good student, but because of the people I had to face there. The only thing that I disagreed about with Reagan is that there is Laster Holt is no way hotter than Damon Salvatore.

Reagan
Paige  Bookdragon
Surprisingly good.

Never Gonna Tell is the type of book I'm sure my YA reader friends would surely enjoy.This is different from the normal YA suspense books that I usually read so I'm fucking happy I finished this. Despite my early misgiving about this (it's totally my fault and not the book), I would recommend this if you want to read something entertaining and quite suspenseful.

Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
This book needs a more badass cover. Full review to follow. Thank you to Melissa Pearl for gifting me kindle copy!! :)
Kathryn
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thrilling and captivating..

What a thrilling suspenseful read!!!
From start to finish you are wrapped up in Reagan's life. A girl who likes to fly under the radar...hoping to write the next huge headline....this girl has a nose for weeding out secrets..
BUT....what she never thought was that she was going to be the one to have to keep a secret AND know that keeping it will be what saves her life..
Now...we all know keeping secrets usually doesn't play well...something is bound to happen to show that
Courtney
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sarah Ross is quickly becoming a favorite author of mine when it comes to the YA genre. And most people know that YA is not a genre that I can easily get into. But I can honestly say that if it’s written by Sarah Ross, I will no doubt find myself being one of the first to read her books.

Never Gonna Tell is gripping story about high school teenager, Reagan. She is able to stay hidden amongst the rest of her peers because she isn’t the popular girl and doesn’t do anything to draw attention to her
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
The reader plays detective right along with Reagan as she goes in search of that one story that will help get the newspaper at her high school back up and funded. But soon, thanks to her curiosity, she stumbles upon something bigger. And now she is smack dab in the middle of it with no way out. Reagan will have to learn to trust the enemy in order to find a way out of this mess before it is too late.

I love a good crime story every now and then. And NEVER GONNA TELL really hit the spot. Ross doe
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
When I first started reading this story I struggled with the idea that none of what was happening would happen in real life. Then I remembered that this book isn't real life it's fiction and that I need to lighten up. Once I snapped out of my snobbish thoughts and tried to imagine myself as my 15 year old daughter reading this book, I really started to enjoy it.

The story is fast paced and well-written. I found myself cheering for Reagan and shaking my head at some of the decisions she made at t
Hooked On Books
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 star, reviewed for hookedonbooks.

Regan Wilcox was a high school senior and she had one hell of a story to try and get her into the top journalism programme in the country. Although nothing could have prepared her for what happened that night ! Marco Calotta moved here from Chicago several years ago with his family for a fresh start, he ridiculously attractive but extremely dangerous.

Never gonna tell was a nice fast read, the plot was amazing and the story flowed well, i read it within a few
Lisa Omek
WOW WOW WOW
I can't even express how much I loved this book. I was swept away right from the start and it kept me on the edge of my seat until the very last page.
Loved it !!!
Moon Love
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

You know a book is going to be amazing when it grabs your attention from the first page and never lets it go. That's what happened with Never Gonna Tell and it only got better with each page. Reagan is one tenacious teenager and she's got guts. I both admired and was terrified for her.

The story is told through Reagan's eyes. Reagan likes to be invisible. She's trying to find that one story that will help her make headlines, and being invisible helps. She wasn't planning on finding the
Jessica *The Lovely Books*

When going into Never Gonna Tell, I honestly knew nothing about the book. Nothing at all. It was one of those times that I went into the book blind. The opening scene is what had me hooked; it gripped me. I knew that i would be going for a crazy ride. Reagan wants to become an investigative journalist and by doing so, she needs to find a story worth writing about. The opportunity comes one night when Reagan witnesses something she shouldn't. But... It would probably be easier to keep quiet than
Cindy Barton
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, love
"Nothing but blackness surrounds me." That sentence gave me chills. Small, dark places have never been a favorite of mine and just reading that I knew something bad was happening. Reagan is your average teenage high school girl with a healthy dose of curiosity thrown in. She has the instincts of an investigative reporter, the only things she needs is "the" story that will secure her future in a choice college. When she stumbles on a scene right out of "The Godfather", she thinks she has that sto ...more
Take Me Away To A Great Read
I was provided an e-ARC of this novel by the author for an honest review.

Never Gonna Tell is the first book that I have read by Sarah M. Ross and I am seriously blown away with her ability to captivate me from the beginning in this great romantic-suspense, thriller! The way that the story delved into what is going on in the town and how this girl Reagan tries to put all the pieces together in the puzzle.

Reagan Wilcox has dreams and ambitions of being an investigative journalist. She soon starts
Sarah Larson
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Never Gonna Tell is the first book I have read by Sarah M. Ross. I really enjoyed this faces paced suspense novel. This book is a standalone with no cliffhanger.

Reagan Wilcox is a high school senior who dreams about attending college for journalism. Even though her school doesn't have the funds for a newspaper she continues to dig up dirt on the people in town and write anonymous articles. One night on her way home she witnesses a crime and as much a she wants to write about it she knows that if
C.C. Wood
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me, oh my, where do I start?

Never Gonna Tell struck me as shades of Veronica Mars. Now, do not get me wrong....I am not saying that this book is the same as one of my fave TV shows. Not at all. But there were definitely elements (elements I LOVED in the show) that reminded me of that plucky high school PI.

Reagan is your average high school student, with one exception. She has a burning desire to become an investigative journalist. Unfortunately, her small town high school doesn't have the intere
Elle
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Never Gonna Tell by Sarah M. Ross is thrilling and edgy. The action doesn't stop until the story is over, and you'll be entranced from start to finish. This was the perfect read to clean my reading palate because it was refreshingly unlike the typical books I read.

Reagan Wilcox is a high school senior with a passion for investigative journalism. She's like a modern day Veronica Mars. Did I mention that I LOVE Veronica Mars and instantly fell in love with this witty heroine. She isn't afraid to g
Tami
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christy
Shelves: first-reads
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC for review. I couldn't put this book down. I was there step by step with Reagan on this amazing thrill ride. It was a combination of all my favorites, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys and Vernoica Mars all rolled into one. You will not be disappointed with this read.
Sarah Geiger
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahh! This book has it all! Suspense, friendship, a little romance, murder, over protective parents and soo much more.

I couldn't put this book down! Beginning to end!

Ms. Ross has outdone herself. I've loved all of her books, but I'm thinking this is my few favorite from her!
Rebecca
This book was a pleasant surprise for me. It was the first book I have read by Sarah M. Ross, but it definitely will not be my last. I began knowing only it was YA Suspense but was immediately lured into the story. The book is told in first person POV with the heroine, Reagan Wilcox as narrator. The Prologue is intriguing, as Reagan is the middle of a dangerous situation. I had no idea how she arrived, nor how she was going to get herself out of the predicament.

I’m going to die tonight. I’m sur
Jennifer LaFon - Book Bitches Blog
*Review copy received from the author for an honest review*

4.5 “You…intrigue me.” stars!

Never Gonna Tell was not one of my usual reads, but I very much enjoyed it!!! If you are a follower of mine, you know that I love romance, heat, drama, alpha men, and mystery. And this story has a couple of those things…romance and mystery. High school age characters and the talk of the mob drew me in when I was offered this ARC. To me, that was a very interesting mix. Plus, I have read Sarah’s writing before
Mary Tatar
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's books like this that made me fall in love with this genre. Never Gonna Tell by Sarah M. Ross was an intriguing and suspenseful story, and it was topped off with a little romance. A great recipe for the perfect YA book. I was thrown into a book filled with mystery, lies, and drama. There were the precise amounts of twist to keep me glued to the story until the very end.

Reagan is a high-school student with few friends. She is the girl who no one notices, and that's perfectly fine by her. S
Tiffany Readz
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I’m going to die tonight. I’m sure of that now. All because I vowed that I was never gonna tell." ~ Reagan

Yikes! Sarah M. Ross did a fantastic job of weaving a tale of suspense the kept me glued until the very last page. Although the story was a little YA as compared to what I usually read, it was done so well that I didn't care. All I wanted to know was how two seventeen year old kids were going to escape with their lives. This review will be vague as to not spoil any plot lines.

While she's st
Karen Raines
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reagan is a quiet wanna be journalist at her high school, a pro at fading into the shadows. Marco is the school bad boy, the nephew to a dangerous man. When Reagan sees something she shouldn't her quiet life is flung into turmoil. I loved the dynamic between the characters and found myself gripped by the storyline. A well written YA novel with a fabulous plot.
Jackie -Sated Faery
Wow! What a thrilling story! I was hooked from the very beginning and the excitement just kept growing. I never knew what was gonna happen next and simply couldn't turn the pages fast enough. I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone who likes an action-packed story with a little mystery thrown in!
Teri Beth
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
There was a lot happening in Never Gonna Tell and at a pretty quick pace but I still found myself skimming the majority of the book. I never felt any fear or worry on the suspense side of the story and with what was going on I really wish I had. And as for the romance, I just couldn't get in to it. A lot of things just didn't feel fleshed out enough for me to invest in the story or characters.
T.H. Hernandez
I was expecting a teen mystery when I picked this up, but what I got instead was a teen thriller with some elements of a mystery. It's an intense, exciting, rollercoaster ride of action and emotion that was difficult to put down.

Reagan Wilcox likes to remain outside the limelight. She's perfectly happy to sit back and observe unnoticed. Her dream of becoming an investigative reporter has her quietly looking for a story among her classmates. The odd behavior of the school's star quarterback has h
T.H. Hernandez

Alicja P
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book that I’ve read by Sarah M. Ross and I’m just sorry I haven’t come across her books sooner! Never Gonna Tell is the story of high school senior Reagan. She’s been going to her current school for two years and tends to blend into the background. That doesn’t bother her one bit, she has a couple friends and her best friend and foster brother Charlie. The fact that no one really notices her is an advantage in her opinion, she is an investigative journalist and is trying her b ...more

• The Boss's Love
  • All or Nothing: An Abbott Springs Romance
  • Weaving Magic
  • Dark Chase (Gunrunner, #2)
  • Vegas Series: Six-book Boxed Set
  • Cease and Desist (The IMA, #4)
  • Written in the Stars
  • Sasha (Mixed Drinks #1)
  • Lovers Restored (Lovers Redeemed #1)
  • Beautiful Collision (Desperation, #1)
  • If Tomorrow Never Comes
  • Deep Surrendering: Episode 5 (Deep Surrendering, #5)
  • Stealing Promises
  • Second Chance at Love (MacKenna Born & Bred, #1)
  • My Bittersweet Summer
  • Amelia
  • The Wilde Series (Wilde Series, #3-5)
  • Dead Wrath (Valkyrie, #4)
Sarah started her obsession with reading at an early age, often sneaking BabySitter Club and Nancy Drew books into math class. She would read any book she could get her hands on. Her love of reading quickly evolved into a love of writing and stories began to pour out of her.

She grew up in Pittsburgh, graduated from The University of Pittsburgh with a degree in English, and taught eighth graders t