Start by marking “Michael (Path of Angels #1)” as Want to Read:
Michael (Path of Angels #1)

Michael (Path of Angels #1)

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  38 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
There is only one path.

Born mortal along with his three brothers, Michael is an Archangel with a specific role–to hunt fallen angels and send them back to Hell. He is determined in his mission, never straying from his appointed path, until he meets Lake Divine, and discovers there may be more to his beliefs than blind duty.

But Lake is not who he seems. Offspring of a human
Kindle Edition
Published March 2015

To ask other readers questions about Michael, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Michael

Chrys Fey
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love books about angels and jumped on this short story series immediately.

NOTE: This story is M/M and has erotic scenes. I mention this only to give a heads up. I didn't mind it but wasn't expecting it.

Four angels (Michael, Zadekiel, Jophiel, and Gabriel) live on Earth and hunt down fallen angels and their offspring.

Lake is part angel. When we first meet him he goes to a gay bar. There's a cringe-worthy moment with the bouncer and Lake, but it was short lived and stopped just before it becam
A.M. Leibowitz
I received a copy of this in exchange for an honest review.

What I loved: It was fast-paced, and the world-building was great. I didn't feel lost the way I often do with the first part of a fantasy series. The set-up was done so skillfully that I was drawn in right away. There were a few brief explanations, but most of it unfolded nicely through dialog and action throughout. The set-up for the second part was done well, and it left me wanting more.

What I didn't like: I didn't care for the way the
Asteropê
I thought the actual writing was rather good. I liked the set-up and all of that.
What I didn't like: there is no HEA or conclusion for the Michael/Lake pairing. It has a very serial quality in that you have to read the next (all 4?) book to get the full story. It ended rather abruptly. I wish that was made more clear.
Anna Tan
Mar 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-copy, e-books
Okay, for this one, I'm going to ask you to disregard my ratings for now, and read the review.

First of all, I would have to put up a theological disclaimer. Just because I read this book doesn't mean that I agree with it. That happens. I picked up this book because Patricia was organising a cover reveal and book launch tour and I wanted to support her. I read the blurb and it sounded like something I sometimes read. You know, paranormal stuff. Angels and Nephilim. Not often, though. What I didn
Inked Reads
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
ThreeandHalfStars
I have mixed feelings about this book. The overall plotline is very creative and very interesting. I would love to read a full novel devoted to it. Which is where this book falls down, in my opinion. The pacing seems off. Moments that should be fast are slow and moments that should slow are fast. There’s so much time spent on non-romantic romance that I’m left wondering why these two are even together.

This is an insta-love novel. I’m with insta-attraction, but love takes time. N
Adrian Smith

This is an insta-love novel. I’m with insta-attraction, but love takes time. Not necessarily to
Christine Rains
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Michael has one path: to hunt fallen angels and send them back to Hell. He's an Archangel reborn in mortal form along with his three brothers. Never once has he doubted his path until he meets Lake. Michael's attraction to Lake is made even more complicated by the fact Lake is a Nephilim. This offspring from a human and fallen angel should be destroyed. But will Michael be able to raise his sword against the one he feels so much for?

A great start to the NA paranormal romance series, Path of Ange
Sarah Foster
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book a lot! I’m usually a slow reader but this was a short book that also kept my attention enough so I blew through it in less than a day. I suppose my major criticism would be that it is *short*. I would have liked a few parts to be drawn out a bit more, and perhaps a bit more backstory on Michael and his brothers. But other than that, I was hooked from beginning to end. There was a lot of complexity concerning Michael’s character, since his beliefs, his mission in life, and his ...more
Cleo deLancey
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-books-read
Michael learns, at age 16, that he is the reincarnation of the Archangel Michael and that his best friends, (they were born minutes apart) are also Archangels. The four of them, Zadekiel (Zade), Jophiel (Joe) and Gabriel (Gabe) and Michael (Mike) have been assigned to seek out escaped, fallen angels and their earthly offspring and send them back to Hell.
They do get some heavenly help for this mission. There is a twist to this plot when Michael meets 17 year old Lake. Lake grew up with a less th
Nick Wilford
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The opening to this series by Patricia Josephine took me by surprise. I hadn't realised how short it was, but that was okay. The pacing was fast, I rattled through it in a day, and it left me eager to read the rest of the series. It felt like not a word was wasted. Also, the relationship between Michael and Lake was something I hadn't come across before in this type of book. It leaves Michael in a dilemma as his feelings and desires seem to conflict with the path that has been ordained for him. ...more
Stephanie Faris
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Michael is hard to describe. On the surface, it's about an archangel whose job it is to search for fallen angels. However, there is a same-sex attraction between Michael and a fallen angel named Lake that takes the story in a different direction than you'd expect. Patricia wove in so many twists and turns with her suspense, you won't be able to put it down once you start. This is the first in a series and I can't wait to read the rest!
Elsie Elmore
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Michael is part one in a series of four novellas. This installment sets the tone for this fast paced story with a new twist on angels and nephilim. While the story line has mature aspects (sexual content, LGBT themes and warrants a NA classification), the different take on established themes was both interesting and creative. Characters in Michael are flawed, believable and well-developed. Patricia captures the essence of their emotional struggle and challenges very well.
Raymond Mathiesen
When is 'good' good, or, we all hate the perfect angle

As an ex-Christian, and out gay, I really enjoyed this book. I still consider myself to be spiritual, and I was interested in how this book depicted Michael struggling to be good, while 'Authority' told him that what he wanted to do was bad. Lake is perhaps an even more interesting character, struggling with different, yet simple problems to Michelle.
Chell
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this quick read . I enjoy reading about angles and neph and demons and all sorts of paranormal things . Now the ending did come up a little short for me I still liked it and will be buying the other stories. If you read the book as a story and forget about whatever it is you believe in ....I belive you will enjoy it as well .
Lene
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars paranormal MM story.
Marie
I loved this story SO MUCH. I can't wait for it to be released so everyone else can read it!
Leigh
Yu-kang
rated it did not like it
Jun 03, 2018
Cover Reveal for Michael 1 4 Feb 16, 2015 08:57AM
When Patricia Josephine isn't writing, she is watching Doctor Who or reading about serial killers. She is an avid knitter. One can never have too much yarn. She also writes young adult under the name Patricia Lynne.
More about Patricia Josephine

Path of Angels (4 books)
  • Zadekiel (Path of Angels #2)
  • Jophiel (Path of Angels #3)
  • Gabriel (Path of Angels #4)
“Chills ran up Lake’s spine like fingers. Visions of himself rising above everyone appeared before him like a mirage. Beautiful men catered to his needs, and he sat surrounded by piles of money. The last image was of a club located across the city—The Devil’s Lair. The door was open and a sign flashed, ‘Welcome’.” 0 likes