Start by marking “Dancing with Fire: A Mindful Way to Loving Relationships” as Want to Read:
Dancing with Fire: A Mindful Way to Loving Relationships

Dancing with Fire: A Mindful Way to Loving Relationships

Winner of the 2014 Silver Independent Publisher Book Award in the relationship category and winner of the Spirituality and Practice Award as one of the best spiritual books of 2013!

The search for inner peace is often met with what seems like a conflicting path– the irresistible pull of love and connection with others to which we are drawn.

Reconciling these opposites,

Published June 15th 2013 by Quest Books (first published June 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dancing with Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing with Fire

Start your review of Dancing with Fire: A Mindful Way to Loving Relationships
My Book Addiction and More MBA
DANCING WITH FIRE was an interesting read. It was about looking at past behaviors, explaining why we react to certain situations the way we do, and how to move forward. Recognizing the why was really important to me. I found myself reading certain sections and saying “hey that is me”. It also explains the difference between “religion” and “spirituality”, “flight and fight response”, etc. A lot of the information was based on Buddism and for me, this was distracting at times because I am not ...more
Michael Ambrus
One of my first reads in mindful awakening.

Good introduction to modern spiritualism for the non-spiritual. Some valid pointers especially concerning attachment personality types.

Cons: Too fluffy occasionally. Some claims are ungrounded.
Pros: Reference list
Alan
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The search for inner peace is often met with what seems like a conflicting path- the irresistible pull of love and connection with others to which we are drawn.

Reconciling these opposites, John Amodeo shows how spirituality and vibrant relationships are identical. He says that Buddha's concept of the root of

Shannon
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book came to me at the exact right time in my life. I struggled to reconcile the themes taught in yoga of detachment with my desire to connect deeply and intimately with others. This book parses out the purpose of detachment and describes how the eastern and western philosophies ultimately have a similar goal of developing a fulfilling and generous love rather than a needy and draining co-dependency. I believe that this book has added value to my life, has made me re-think my relationship ...more
Maetreyii Nolan
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
John Amodeo writes brilliantly on how to bring mindfulness into our personal love relationships. I love the way he leaves nothing out and addresses our human frailties and shadow along with those aspect of light and love. Embracing all of who we are and bringing our best self to share with our beloved.

How to access inner peace and calm and bring this into our relationships is key to maintaining a balanced and healthy way of being with all of life.
Lisa
Sep 08, 2015
Maxwell Barvian
Jul 04, 2018
Maurine
rated it did not like it
Jun 21, 2018
Jan 03, 2013
Krista
Apr 23, 2014

• Mating in Captivity: Reconciling the Erotic and the Domestic
  • Insecure in Love: How Anxious Attachment Can Make You Feel Jealous, Needy, and Worried and What You Can Do About It
  • An Affair of Poisons
  • The Daughters of Temperance Hobbs (The Physick Book, #2)
  • The Mask of Masculinity: How Men Can Embrace Vulnerability, Create Strong Relationships, and Live Their Fullest Lives
  • The Brilliant Death (The Brilliant Death, #1)
  • Blackberry & Wild Rose
  • The Slave
  • We Set the Dark on Fire (We Set the Dark on Fire, #1)
  • The Disorder of Longing
  • Thanks!: How the New Science of Gratitude Can Make You Happier
  • 5 Types of People Who Can Ruin Your Life: Identifying and Dealing with Narcissists, Sociopaths, and Other High-Conflict Personalities
  • In the Meantime: Finding Yourself and the Love You Want
  • Girls Made of Snow and Glass
  • Reign of the Fallen (Reign of the Fallen, #1)
  • The Book of Help: A Memoir in Remedies
  • If All the Seas Were Ink: A Memoir
  • Den mörka hemligheten
“As we learn to embrace our authentic longings and feelings— and cultivate self-empathy and the corresponding compassion toward others—our society will gradually evolve in a direction that is more tolerant, humane, and enlightened.” 1 likes