Start by marking “Paper Planes Back Home” as Want to Read:
Paper Planes Back Home

Paper Planes Back Home

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
When Gianna wakes up on a cloud, she is disoriented yet fascinated. She thinks she's only dreaming until she gets a storm of paper planes—"They're thoughts of people who remember," a man on another cloud tells her—each pleading for her not to leave. The man tells her these planes are the key to get out of there, and while she thinks it's hard to believe, she decides everyt ...more
Published February 20th 2015 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Paper Planes Back Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Planes Back Home

Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!

I can't seem to find the words that describes my feelings towards Paper Planes Back Home. All I know is my jaw dropped, my heart is full of FEELS and everything is just beautiful!

Just like I usually do, I went into reading PPBH without knowing anything about it. And that is not the way to go folks! I was really lost and for the first two chapters, I was confused. I think it was also because the book was not the kind that only focuses in two main characters. You might think that its a bad thing
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
I'm so impressed by how imaginative and unique this story is! It's really sweet and really touching too. This could totally be adapted into a film or a koreanovela.
Kim at Divergent Gryffindor
This book is so simple, yet so sweet. I thought the story might be weird because of the synopsis, but it's actually whimsical and creative. Obviously, this would not happen in real life, but it tells such a great story nonetheless.

I was confused with the story at first, since it tells both past and present, as well as the ones in the hospital and the ones in the cloud. After a while though, I got the hang of it and really started to enjoy and get invested into the story.

I really connected with
Tina
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gianna wakes up on a cloud, and she's confused. What was she doing there? Then she meets Skylar, a soldier on another cloud, who tells her that the paper planes that were landing on their clouds were thoughts and messages of people who remember. It turns out they were in some kind of limbo, and the paper planes were their way back home.

I wasn't really sure what to make of Paper Planes Back Home when I first read its synopsis, because it didn't seem like the usual romance novel for me. But then a
Shaira
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Too much feels, Tara Frejas did it once again. My heart is going to burst in different emotions. Aaaahh, def a must-read!!!
Jay Tria
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Full review posted at www.jayetria.com as part of Bookies Diaries Book Tour.

I started reading Paper Planes Back Home days after I read the author's StrangeLit story called The Forget You Brew. So I already knew I was going to get another imaginative story that would make several attempts at making me cry. Spoiler alert: the book succeeded in both points.

Paper Planes Back Home starts out on a cloud, where Gianna wakes up and meets Skylar, who patiently explains that they are in a form of limbo, a
Natalie
omg this book is so beautiful and i'm legit crying because it was so lovely and the story was just perfectly executed.

When i started reading i was a bit confused but then as the story unfolded I was :O because the author weaves this so beautifully, this story of these people, some who know each other, some who don't initially but whose paths cross and connect and man i'm feeling all the feels right now.

Also what a beautiful and unique look at the afterlife. I was pleasantly surprised by this o
Karla
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
THIS BOOK IS SO BEAUTIFUL, I'M CRYING *lots of crying emojis*

I bought this book because it was $0.99 and the blurb made me curious. It is a very original idea, after all, but I still didn't know what to expect. But then I started reading it and... it has been an amazing experience. It's been a while since I've had this "I can't stop reading itttt!!!" feeling towards a book, I kinda thought that feeling was gone for me, but nope! Here it is!

I love stories with more than one main character and mor
Shawny27
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book makes me want to say that you are a female version of Mitch Albom :)
Mabel
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve been asking myself why it took me so long to read this book. I absolutely love Tara Frejas’ work and Paper Planes Back Home is no exception. It’s heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. Yes as difficult that is to fathom, it’s what I felt while reading the book. I absolutely utterly love it.
Ysa Arcangel
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fil-authors
Paper Planes Back Home follows the interconnected lives of Gianna, Aaron, Skylar and Anna that deals with life and death.

Gianna wakes up on a cloud, in a seemingly enchanted place. She met the soldier Skylar, whose been on the limbo clouds since how long he could remember. Both of their bodies are in coma and their souls were trapped in a sort of endless void instead of wandering wherever they will. I found it fascinating and refresing because so often, we read about a person hovering over their
Julie Rimpula
*I received a free ecopy of this book for the blog tour in exchange for my honest opinion.*

Paper Planes Back Home is a touching story of love, life, second chances, and how our thoughts make a difference. Tara Frejas delivers a remarkable debut novel.

Gianna wakes up on a cloud, which she later realizes as some sort of a limbo. She meets Skylar, another cloud-dweller, who helps her get her bearings and explains to her that the paper planes that she receives are thoughts of the people who remem
Imogene Dacanay
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-reviewed
**Thank you so much Tara Frejas for providing me a copy of your amazing book!**

This one is another preternatural, but phenomenal read. Unlike The “Forget You” Brew, this book made me feel roller coaster of emotions. I can still feel my head spinning after having a roller coaster ride.

Gianna, a teacher who’s having an argument with her boyfriend, when a car accident happened. While in a coma, he met Skylar in a place that seemed like heaven. Skylar is a young soldier who had a trouble in the fiel
C. Erani Kole
OH MY GOD.

This story was so beautifully executed with the most touching story of the in-between that I can think of, filled with so much imagination that made me think of pastel colors and this one amazing artist, Qing Han. It was just so mystical and touched every single button in me when it comes to heart and fantasy.

Many POVs are told from seemingly unrelated characters (but we all know they're related somehow) and although I stumbled in the beginning to get a hang of the change in scene, eve
kb
This was such a good read! And not just because there are CLOUDS on the cover but it blew me away, flying me to a world where only a few other Filipino novels have ever taken me before.

Read the rest of my review on Bookbed.
The Book Moo
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is beautiful. I love that it is a representation of the limbo or in between that most families will have to be involved with at some point in their lives. On one hand we have a soldier and on the other we have a girl stuck in a business deal marriage. Two opposing characters who work to pull through. I loved this book and cannot wait to buy myself a physical copy!
Georgia Payne
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: heartwarming, wattpad
Beautifully written book and certainly thinks outside of the box. The author takes something we're all interested in, the concept of life after death, and what happens when we're no longer in the physical world, and manifests it so well into the story. The ending actually brought tears to my eyes.
J.V. Mariano
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such an uplifting read. =)

(Finished reading the book minutes ago. Will try to gather thoughts and write a better review next time. Hehe. Warm and fuzzy feels all over.)
Maria
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, filipino
It wasn't bad. I simply felt no connection to the story and its characters.
Jeanne
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read.

I really love the story. An emotional and fast read. I was crying a lot or the whole time with a hint of smile near the end.
Aizel (One Page at a Time) Macaldo
4.5 stars. Review here. :)
Jillanie
Janell Lyka
Dec 31, 2017
Ken
Apr 02, 2017
Tara Frejas is a cloud-walker who needs caffeine to fuel her travels. By day, she works in project management and events, and she writes down her daydreams at night. She began publishing fiction for public consumption in 2004, posting her pieces on various online channels like fan forums and Blogspot, eventually exploring other avenues like Livejournal, Soomp!, Tumblr, and most recently, Wattpad.

A