Start by marking “Love, Diamonds, and Spades (Cactus Creek, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love, Diamonds, and Spades (Cactus Creek, #2)

Love, Diamonds, and Spades

(Cactus Creek #2)

A standalone companion novel to Love, Chocolate, and Beer: Rylan & Quinn’s story*

Surprise! The flood of fan mail worked, you guys! LOL. I love that you all fell so hard for Rylan & Quinn in Love, Chocolate, and Beer (I did too). *grin* I hope you enjoy their by-rabid-request parallel story that I just adored writing for you all. Happy reading!

She’s the
Published February 3rd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Love, Diamonds, and Spades, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Diamonds, and Spades

Start your review of Love, Diamonds, and Spades (Cactus Creek, #2)
Nancy
Mar 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Got 4% in and was not engaged. Removed.
Jamie
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I do love this story between Quinn and Rylan. Quinn want looking for a man, she shut that door over 5 years ago when she found her said boyfriend in a compromising position with other girl. Her life was her son Cooper, and her business. Rylan knew the minute he saw Quinn across the room he had to know her. Playing hard to get was had nothing on Rylan knocked down her boundaries. When a medical emergency happens Quinn does what she does best shuts out the ones she needs the most. Rylan will do ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I really love when an author listens to her readers and gives them what they want in Violet Duke's Love, Chocolate, and Beer it was obvious that something happened between two secondary characters and of course we all wanted their story and Love, Diamonds, and Spades is that companion story! Single mom and new business owner Quinn Christiansen is sassy, smart and has vowed to never let a man get close enough to break her heart again but full
Heather andrews
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing

This is my favorite series by Violet I love the small town charm and the characters. Rylan is a very protective man, "woman why the are you out here alone?" Growled Rylan. "Dont you know how dangerous it is?" He can't deal with his woman being far from him, "come back and cuddle with me, woman." Quinn that girl knows how to rub her man, "baby, you keep rubbing that sweet butt of yours against me, and your going to get us into a world of trouble." I can't wait for the next book in the series.
Coco.V
Feb 22, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (2/22/2018)!
Jo
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this book! Seriously, I want to move to Cactus Creek. This book had me swooning one minute and laughing out loud the next. Definite must read.
Marissa Chavez
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quinn and Rylan story had a little bit of everything and I loved it. I couldn't stop smiling the whole time.

Plus I loved reading Dani and Luke's wedding. It was perfect!
Alima Livzletlivz
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Before I start off on the review, a few sparkles for the uninitiated – Love, Diamonds and Spades is book 2 after Love, Chocolate and Beer (Luke and Danica). Violet Duke has released Love, Tussles and Takedowns (Lia and Hudson) as book 2 initially, but now that all changed just because of her love for her fans. Violet Duke being the ever-loving Violet Duke, she pampered her fans with Love, Diamonds and Spades as a dedication to her readers, outside of her original plan for the series.

So the
Suzie Weber
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I woke early this Saturday morning and decided to start a book before I tackled my "to do" list. I admit I never felt the love for Love, Chocolate and Beer, but this book... Ok so I read it in one sitting and my "to do " list is staring me in the face but so worth it.
I love the chemistry between Quinn and Rylan. Right in the beginning you get why Quinn is a single mom. Love destroyed her and really it wasn't love that destroyed her but circumstances in life. She is ready to be three quarters
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland

Love, Diamonds, and Spades was another cute read from Violet Duke. We got to see parts of Rylan and Quinn's relationship in the first book, but this is more of the story.

Rylan is in the local band and when he first sees Quinn he knows she is something special. He is not some big rock star. His band doesn't tour, they are not players, some are married, etc. He is just a good guy who likes to play music. He gets together with his friends
Christine Woinich
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book, and I had not read the first, but it is also a stand alone. I loved, loved Quinn's devotion to her son and to keeping her life focused. Her past made her question anyone brave enough to actually approach her, and she was strong enough to admit that same history could just be clouding her judgement. Rylan was a breath of fresh air. Here is a man who has rules to live by yet has fun. He was quite willing to spend time with a young boy and help out a woman who presented a ...more
Hanna
Dec 29, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Totally confusing

I could not get into this book. I have absolutely no idea what "the kind like a tank built like muscles for days" (chapter 2) means. There are all kinds of references to nothing (unless this is one of those series books that must be read in order to make sense?). I have enough books in my "to read" pile that I don't need to waste time trying to figure this one out.
Isha Coleman
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Down on her luck Quinn never ever wants to fall in love again. Pain and heartache were her best friends through out her marriage and she does not plan to go through that again. NEVER SAY NEVER. Love, Diamonds and Spades combines touching moments with moments of fun to create a story that is worthy of any romance reader.
Tonya Peterson
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You dont have to do it alone

Quinn has been a sigle mom trying to stay afloat while her son medical bills keep piling up, at thesame time she is falling for yet anoter musician again. Rylan is patiently showing quinn she can trust him and she tests him the whole way.
Bette Stanek
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the second book of the Cactus Creek series by Violet Duke. Technically, it shares the number two spot with Love, Tussles, and Takedowns. Love, Diamonds, and Spades wasn’t really on the docket for the Cactus Creek series, but because Violet Duke listens, intently, to her fans Love, Diamonds, and Spades was placed between Love, Tussles, and Takedowns after that book had already been listed as number two. Confused yet? It doesn’t really matter. Each book in this series is a stand-alone with ...more
Rachel
As of right now, I’m going to have to throw this one into the DNF pile. I think part of the problem is that I didn’t read the first book in the series. Though it says it can be read as a stand-alone, I feel like a lot of basic information is missing in this book. For example you have the dynamics of Luke and Quinn as friends/partners and Rylan and Dani as friends. How are they friends? What is their exact relationship? It just kind of threw me off. It also wasn’t very clear in the beginning ...more
Birgit
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an absolutely charming, funny, and heartwarming little story!
A bit confusing at the beginning, because the story about Rylan and Quinn seemed to start right in the middle, and with events happened before that I felt I was missing, presumably from the first book? A very short summary would have been helpful.
However, that was only for the first couple of pages. The story soon drew me in, and it had all the characteristics for a good story: sympathetic and realistic protagonists, a charming
Ruth
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story seemed to flow better than Luke and Dani's story, although I liked that one too; loved protective Rylan and the strength Quinn showed in dealing with her life, being a single mom with a son who has medical issues. Also loved the small town - Cactus Creek - especially as I live in Arizona and kept thinking, wow, this could be that little town just north of here up the I17!

Also enjoyed the bonus story about Luke and Dani's wedding.
MEF
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great escape read, relax and enjoy

She’s too cute by half and he’s almost too good to be true ....so it should be totally corny ... but it’s not! Quinn is also also funny, independent and a great mum. Rylan is smart and honest and fronts up when it counts.
Personally, I thought the spin on his previous marriage was unnecessary,his character stood without it, but that’s a minor whinge.
Relax and enjoy

Kristan Anderson
Meh

I don’t have many bad things to say about it as it was not a bad story. It flowed okay and the characters were good. But it really came off as too good to be true. I thought the plot twist was interesting because I wasn’t sure how exactly the big gesture was going to work. But the story itself just didn’t excite me.
Linda Morey
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay -found another great book boyfriend Rylan. Can't explain all his greatness.He noticed Quinn-a single mom and realized she has issues with him and he set her straight that he was not a player.He was respectful and slow with her getting to be her friend and at one point was willing to make a big sacrifice for her and Cooper -So yummy
Kelly Wherritt
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chocolate and beer!

Love the laughter. Love the emotional tug. Love the pairing of Rylan and Quinn. This is a roller coaster of a book. There is so much fun that laughed out loud several times. I received some amused looks. Cried through the tough and rough moments with Quinn's sons medical problems and how everyone responds to help.
Karri  Brown
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All In

This series just keeps getting better! I will tell you this one has lots of humor but also lots of parts where the tears just run. Rylan and Quinn were absolutely made for each other and even though it takes her a while to come around Rylan keeps in pursuit! Just a fun, fabulous and great read!
Trudy Gleason
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Have read Love, Beer and Chocolate right before this book, I will say it was interesting in reading two books that take place at the same time with the same people from different perspectives. One from Dani & Luke's point of view and this one from Quinn and Rylan's point of view. I really how these two book fed off each other and worked together. The author did a great job.
Olivia
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It truly made my day!!!!

I loved this book, I read it today from beginning to end and it made me laugh, which was a great relief since i received some bad news today. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a great laugh with a HEA!!!!
BL
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book can be read as a standalone book or as part of the series. I would recommend that you read the series it is that good.

This book made me smile, laugh, and cry, and frustrated me. I love the town too, it is described in such detail and the people in the town are great.
BL
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book can be read alone or as part of the series. I would encourage the series it is great.

This book is about Quinn and Rylan, she tries everything to not like him but he is perfect for her and her son.

This book will make you smile, cry, laugh, and get annoyed. It is worth the read.
Rose Boniello
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quinn and Rylan

Rylan is quite the man- singer, songwriter, Gardner! And a romantic protective guy too. Loved the way he was with Quinn’s little boy too. Great story. Loved the bonus wedding for Luke and Dani! So many HEAs!
Mauaqui
Very Romantic

Rylan is very romantic, loyal and his words are aphrodisiac to the soul. Who wouldn’t fall in love with him, and Quinn and her son did. He loved them back just as much and would do anything to save them pain and misery.

Evonne Hutton
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Swoon worthy!
The stand alone follow up will flame the romance in your heart!
It is a definite must read with a well written story line
All without even mentioning chocolate
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Mad About Matt (Red Maple Falls #1)
  • Ruined Plans (Ruined #1)
  • Along Came a Ranger
  • After the Night (Romance for all Seasons, #1)
  • Tumble Into Love (Diamond Creek, Alaska #5)
  • A Sheik for Rose (Hearts of Gold #1)
  • If I Can't Have You (The Thorntons, #3)
  • Not In Her Wildest Dreams (Secret Dreams, #1)
  • Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights (Marshall Ranch, #3)
  • Rich Prince (New York Billionaires #2)
  • Christmas Wishes
  • Kissed by You (Tropical Heat, #4)
  • Her Sweetheart Brand (Secrets of Cherry Lake #3)
  • Stay With Me (Last Frontier Lodge, #5)
  • Challenging the Doctor (Marietta Medical, #2)
  • Fairytale Love: Becca & Brian (Crossroads, #8)
  • So Good (So Hot, #1)
  • Playing For Fun (Stewart Island, #6)
NEW YORK TIMES & USA TODAY bestselling author Violet Duke is a former professor of English Education ecstatic to be on the other side of the page now writing emotion-rich stories with fun, everyday characters and sweet, sexy match-ups. Since her debut series in 2013, over a million readers have put all four of Violet's laugh & cry contemporary romance series on bestseller lists and Top 10 ...more

Cactus Creek (6 books)
  • Love, Chocolate, and Beer (Cactus Creek, #1)
  • Love, Tussles, and Takedowns (Cactus Creek, #3)
  • Love, Exes, and Ohs (Cactus Creek, #4)
  • Love, Sidelines, and Endzones (Cactus Creek, #5)
  • Untitled Cactus Creek Book 6 (Cactus Creek, #6)