Start by marking “Breathe In (Just Breathe, #1)” as Want to Read:
Breathe In  (Just Breathe, #1)

Breathe In

(Just Breathe #1)

FREE on ALL Platforms

I have eight golden rules when it comes to men:
1. No dating or going out on dates.
2. Never let them know where I live. Lie if I must.
3. Never pick up a guy in a particular social setting that I may frequently attend. Or, never sleep with a man whom I have the chance of running into on a regular basis.
4. Never have a guy over to my apartment for any re
Paperback, First Edition, 474 pages
Published May 15th 2015 by Kralik Consultants LLC

To ask other readers questions about Breathe In, please sign up.
Martha Sweeney Breathe In will be released May 15, 2015. The second book of the series will be released in Nov. 2015. :)

Thomas
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic-romance
Breathe In by Martha Sweeney

This review will have an extremely bias opinion simply because Martha Sweeney is my wife, best friend, lover, business partner and confidant. We share our lives, dreams and fantasies together and her happiness makes me complete.

Reading "Breathe In" began more as an assignment than entertainment. Martha recruited me to assist with editing her first novel to hit her release deadline. I was more than happy to help since she helped with my book, The Harem, and to discover
Martha Sweeney
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
To start, I have a bias opinion about this story because I wrote it.

The inspiration has stemmed from reading a variety of erotic romance novels that I feel demean, subjugate and objectify woman rather than empower women to take charge of their own lives.

There is nothing wrong with sexual exploration as long as it is consensual between adults.

I want women to feel comfortable with their bodies and mind to where they take responsibility for their own life and do not NEED a man to rescue them. Rathe
Willow
Apr 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
Ok, I'm struggling...
I really wanted to like this book because I read what Martha Sweeney said about needing a female role in erotic/romance novels that was more realistic than the naive virgin possessed by the millionaire and I totally agree with that, but I'm sorry to say that the result of trying to do the anti-naive heroine, has come out as even worse.
Let me explain what my issues were:
1. First of all, this people have a sort of friendship that feels more like a cult around the female charac
Sarah Brocious
 photo breath in_zpscq9dolm4.jpg

Very descriptive. The first paragraph alone will have the reader wondering..."What have I gotten myself into?" (and I mean that in the best possible way)

What Emma (our heroine) must overcome, seems vast...just way too much. Many women have been where she has been with a past and hurts...fears that no person should ever experience. She manages to do so...quite elegantly.

I could relate in the fact that I am a person that very much likes to be the one in control. I have to know whats going on ar
Elisa Marie Hopkins
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I could really tell Martha poured her kinky heart out in telling this story about Emma. There were some extremely good and some not so hot in this book. Character-wise, hooray for diversity, strong independent female leads, and pets. Obviously, Joe -- big swoon-y sigh. And Jared I thought was such a great and perky friend!

On the flip side of things, there are a couple of issues that need an editor's eye and smaller errors like typos. They don't take away from the story, but
there is much room for
Martha Sweeney
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
To start, I have a bias opinion about this story because I wrote it.

The inspiration has steamed from reading a variety of erotic romance novels that I feel demean, subjugate and objectify woman rather than empower women to take charge of their own lives.

Amber
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I got this as an ARC from Martha, and I am so glad I did. This book was outstanding with a message that will make you think, and an ending that will leave you craving more (BTW, I want book two like yesterday!). Emma is a headstrong independent woman with brilliant business savvy, and a horrific past she stills fears. I related a lot to Emma in several ways, and became attached to the characters very quickly. This book was extremely well written, and spoke a lot to me as an independent woman. I ...more
Mandy Saial
Breathe In-Martha Sweeney (5 Stars)

Dominant , Strong Woman...Battlescars and All !!

* My amazon review link below ......

Latisha Johnston
Loved it!!!
Lindsay Detwiler
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Just Breathe by Martha Sweeney is an edgy, contemporary read that explores what love and life is all about. Sweeney shows that love comes in many forms and can be complex. She also shows, however, that a woman can overcome her past issues to be successful. I really liked this message.

From page one, Sweeney's writing style grabs your attention. She has a wonderful way of combining beautiful description with unique word choices. She is also really good at building suspense. I liked how she develop
LakerL24vr
I pre-ordered and waited...waited and then devoured BREATHE IN.
I am absolutely in love with NEW Author Martha Sweeney
I started this book at 1am, once it hit my kindle. I stayed up all night tweeting, swooning and ranting to Martha along the way. When I tell you that her writing has blown others out of the water, that is not said lightly. Not only was I happily overwhelmed with how fabulous she wrote all the characters and gave us back story without losing my interest, she also gave me such deta
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, review-copies
*I got sent a file the arc file from the author for an honest review.*
"Breathe Emma. Just breathe."
Oh, Martha. Why do you do this to me?
That ending...I cried. No shame. I cried from the loss I felt at reaching the end of this beautiful story. I kept clicking for the next page but it never came.
Okay, so let me just say I love, LOVE ,the writing in this story! It is immensely rich in details and it makes you take a step back and cherish every word thrown at you. You can easily tell Martha poured h
Danielle Urban
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Breathe In by Martha Sweeney has captured both my heart and soul. It will leave readers breathless. I was given this novel by Martha Sweeney for a review. I am happy she was did. The characters are intoxicating and realistic. Martha has wonderfully placed more then just two irresistible characters and a hot romance together. She placed before us readers, a unique set of real life characters. Not just the usual erotic bedroom romance that you can find anywhere. I have to say that after reading th ...more
Alexandreia
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-as-hell
such a sweet, funny, adorable story...i really like the character of Emma in this story such a perfect, strong, independent, smart, beautiful woman from the outside. but from the inside in all of that character she's also had a personalty that it's hard for her to express her feelings even to her best friends...and as for Joe him self all i can say is that 'thank you for being patient with her and being such a gentlemen'

and for Martha Sweeney (the sexy kitten creator)...pleaseeee i need that 2nd
Kris Johnston
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won't lie, this book took me a minute to get into, because I had a hard time relating to the main character, Emma. However, as the story progressed, and more layers of her personality were exposed, I began to enjoy the story more and more. This is a sexy read, and Emma's attraction to Joe is quite fun to watch (or rather, fun to watch her try to fight it).... Well done, Mrs. Sweeney!!
Jessi Elliott
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Breathe In is about a young woman named Emma who escaped a pretty traumatic past and is now living in Pasadena. She is an extremely strong character who runs her own, very successful business(es), and has two amazing friends, Maggie and Jared.

I found the story to start off a bit slow, and really felt as though I was given needless details about some things, but the pace did eventually pick up after we met Joe Covelli (go figure).

Joe was the perfect book boyfriend. He had the perfect combination
Sandra
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Original Review @ http://sandrathebookworm.blogspot.com...

Wow! Just WOW! This books that ending. Oh, Martha you are killing me woman. Emma is a very successful woman and knows exactly what she wants and a boyfriend is not on the list. She has a very specific set of rules and she has never broken them that is, until she meets Joe Covelli who is making it almost impossible for Emma to stick to her rules.

I really enjoyed this book it kept me up to the wee hours of the night! I just could not put it
Alice
Holy Hell! I was hooked by the description as well as the fact that the main character's name is the same as mine. This didn't feel like a long read, giving just enough detail and description. There are too many books out there that lack substance and Breathe In by Martha Sweeney has it all!!

This was an awesome read and a 'breath' of fresh air when it comes to romance novels (Yes, I meant for the pun). I can't wait for books two and three!!

Finally, a dominant female who feels realistic - one who
E. Mellyberry
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
You can't not fall in love with Joe. He's this great guy who steals everyone's heart the moment he steps into the scene. I also love Jared equally much. I have a thing for a kind-hearted secondary character and Jared wins the best friend award.

Emma is irritating sometimes. It's like we have two Emmas, the cold headed businesswoman and the scared little girl. The fact that most readers felt frustrated with Emma shows how accurate the author's potrayal of her character.

The steamy scenes will mak
Ava
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
it was really good, nearly perfection with the characters, love and success. Too oerfect even with the imperfections.
it was too much detailed, not really dragging but just too much of touch of this and there.
Beth Carter
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it
3.75 Stars
Larry Ray Palmer
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ahar
Still reading but so far I'm loving this book. The attention to detail in describing the characters really adds to the story and I really enjoy the interactions between the main character and her friend/coworker. It is truly refreshing to see new writers who can keep up with the legends.
April ~ The Reading Belles
ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Breathe In is one of those books that’s very rich in details that you get to know almost everyone in the story. And there are a lot, by the way. Emma Peterson, the main character, is one of my favorite heroines. She’s intelligent, business-savvy even when she didn’t go to college, sexually-driven, strong, independent woman who’s a health buff, too. Minus the issues, she’s the perfect girl but she has them along with the eight rules
Nicole Strycharz
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't know where to start on how incredible this book is but I'll do my best. I was late for everything and became a night owl due to this story. I LOVE the main character Emma. She is a strong, independent, loyal, honest, and guarded woman that's empowering to read about. She has resolve and has a heart of gold for her loved ones; her family. She's endured hardships that she managed to come out fighting from and has learned to take control of her surroundings and herself. She's so relate-able ...more
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
I thought this book was fan-friggin-tastic! Although, I am finding that I just LOVE Martha Sweeney’s books. She has the BEST and strongest women characters! Emma is just headstrong and severely independent. I loved observing how she has turned her passions into lucrative business ventures for her.

This book pulled my heart strings! Most of the books I’ve read lately have this total Alpha male… and that’s ok! But Joe was just actually swoonable! He was such a GOOD guy! Emma never had a chance sta
Book-Lovin-Momma
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually find books where the female lead is such a strong, dominant character, but I really liked it here in Breathe In. Emma is a successful owner of two businesses, but she's a very private person and keeps things very close to the chest. Her friends Jared and Maggie are part of her very close-knit circle of friends, and she has her "list" of rules to live by, especially when it comes to sex. I'm not usually a fan of F/F, but I was fine with it in this book, given Emma's proclivities a ...more
BeautyandtheBooks
I'm not going to lie. This book took me a little while to get into. That didn't deter me. The more I read, the more I wanted to read it. It's a long read, but it's worth it. I loved the bond between all the friends. Although Emma has her rules, she has her reasons. There were times I wanted to shake her, knock some sense into her, but she was the way she was for a reason. JOE. He was the sweetest man. Emma's rules didn't scare him. He took his time with her. The whole book was a tease. At last, ...more
L.A. Cataldo
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved her book. It kept me waiting and wanting. Thankfully, I had bought the box set. I couldn't wait to get to book two. I can't wait to find out what happens. This book is definitely worth the buy/credit.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Just Breathe Series: Breathe In Autographed Copies 2 1 Jun 14, 2015 09:56AM
Just Breathe Series: Book Updates 6 2 May 30, 2015 07:19PM
Free Books, .99, ...: GR Giveaway - Breathe In by Martha Sweeney entire month of May 2 19 May 24, 2015 08:20PM
Breathe In has been Released to the World 1 3 May 15, 2015 10:26AM
Breathe In ARCs 2 3 May 12, 2015 10:01AM
Breathe In Pre-Order NOW Available $3.99 1 1 Apr 26, 2015 03:37PM
Book Trailers - C...: Breathe In by Martha Sweeney 11 12 Mar 25, 2015 09:02PM
  • Escape the Noise (Gone by Autumn, #3; Brothers of Rock, #13)
  • Meet Me
  • Only Desire
  • Keystrokes
  • Too Wicked to Love (Brides of Nevarton Chase, #2)
  • Bare-Naked Lola (Lola Cruz Mystery, #3)
  • Beyond All Boundaries
  • City of the Dead
  • Sup with the Devil (Abigail Adams #3)
  • Barely Surviving (Surviving, #1)
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Count Your Blessings: 101 Stories of Gratitude, Fortitude, and Silver Linings
  • One Good Reason
  • Broken to Pieces
  • More Than Cookies (Maple Leaf #2)
  • Winning Back Ryan
  • The Probability of Murder (Sophie Knowles, #2)
  • The Very Second Time
  • The Harem
Martha Sweeney is an Amazon Best-Selling author who writes in a variety of genres: romance, suspense, thriller, coloring books, romantic comedy and science fiction. She strives to push herself as a storyteller with each new tale and hopes to push her readers outside of their comfort zone whether it be genre or the stories themselves.

With a B.S. in Psychology, Martha utilizes her knowledge of human

Just Breathe (3 books)
  • Breathe Out (Just Breathe, #2)
  • Just Breathe (Just Breathe, #3)
“Rules are made to be broken." - Jared” 9 likes