Start by marking “A Scare of a Dare (Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Scare of a Dare (Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, #1)

A Scare of a Dare

(Diary of a Minecraft Zombie #1)

Diary of a Minecraft Zombie Has a Fresh New Look!
Ever wonder what it would be like to be a Minecraft Zombie?

In the first book of this hilarious Minecraft adventure series, we get to read the diary of an actual 12 year old, Minecraft Zombie. Take a peek at what is really going on between the hollow eyes, and dead expression that we normally see when we face the dreaded Zomb
Published February 2nd 2015 by Herobrine Books

To ask other readers questions about A Scare of a Dare, please sign up.
Heather Absolutely. I have a student in my class who loves Minecraft. He loved this book so much that he stole it. I don't mind. I love that kid. If he really…moreAbsolutely. I have a student in my class who loves Minecraft. He loved this book so much that he stole it. I don't mind. I love that kid. If he really wants it, I'm happy that I could buy it for him.(less)
Daniel Really, I its mainly about a normal 12 year old zombie who goes to monster school. Gets teased by bullies, and mainly asks his parents for help. Its k…moreReally, I its mainly about a normal 12 year old zombie who goes to monster school. Gets teased by bullies, and mainly asks his parents for help. Its kind of like diary of a wimpy kid, but different in many ways.(less)

Start your review of A Scare of a Dare (Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, #1)
Deanna Marie Wilson
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is really cool

I gave it a five star rating because it is pretty interesting and it makes u see zombies are not that mean. One thing I do wish is that the book was WAY longer I finished it in 30 minutes. But I think you should get it and read it but they have to always be free cause I'm not going to pay money for a book I can reed in 30 minutes.
Celine Castaneda
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing

this book is just like diary of a wimpy kid and I luv it!!!!!! It is a very adventurous book and it even ends in a cliff hanger. Bye gotta go read the next book!
Woff
Nov 09, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Utterly awful mash up of Minecraft and Wimpy Kid. Not a single redeeming factor.
Vishnu Chevli
Jul 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Read for my 6 year old Minecraft crazed son. He identified each character just by its short names. For him this was a fun read. But as a parent I didn't find it for reading material for kids
Jennifer Ruhlen
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 star

It was cool and it was exciting.,I would get scared at some points but then everything turned out to be ok. I would recommend this book to all my friends. I love this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kimberly
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Book For a Young Reader!!

A great book for a fourth grader, just wish it had an AR listing. Would recommend for young readers, but it's a quick read.
Jon Mays
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Book!

It's a good book, long for 0.99. I would read the next book when I get more money.
_ Jon
Alexis
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Zombies R Cool

Awesome, Cool, Great, Terrific, the best book ever, I want to read more books like this, the coolest book I've ever read
#Pokemon_100%  [^_^]
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***Warning, Contains Spoilers***
This book is epic! I read it and I was left with a tunnel of imagination! I would love to say that I am proud of Zack Zombie and Herobrine books as I have thoroughly enjoyed this book.

So, what is it about?

This book is about a 12-year-old Zombie called… well, it doesn't actually say, and he writes this diary. In it, there are many things he does and I found this book intresting as he just wants to show this one girl, who is called Sally, that he is brave and can ta
Joel Solomon
May 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, humor
Just because a book uses terms and characters from Minecraft doesn't necessarily make it any GOOD. I know it's geared towards young readers, but the writing is terrible, the plot is weak, and the book contains NO paragraphs. Instead it's just a string of poorly constructed sentences. Kids are smarter than this type of writing, give them more credit to actually READ a story with paragraphs, character development, and plot lines.
jet yung
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great short

It was good but short, so you should get the second book at the same time. I liked the story.
Moses Wel Malwal
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

It's just like Diary of a Wimpy Kid accept its for Minecraft fans definitely 5 stars.

I recommend it to everyone.

Melanie
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good read

For lower leveled readers who do play Minecraft, this is a great read for anyone. You could read this to your children to release their imagination.
Octavia ✨
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was actually pretty interesting. Would recommend for those looking for an easy read.
Barb Middleton
I read this aloud to grade 4 students and they loved it. I've not played Minecraft so I didn't understand the references. A zombie boy forms an unlikely friendship with a human boy. The plot has some holes in it but I believe it was referring to the game so much it went whoosh! over my head. Easy to read and mostly dialogue.
Isabella L.
This book is really interesting to me and SUPER funny too. The zombie talks about his family members and friends ( all the monsters and Steve) in this book and also describes his family and how he is lame in school and how at the end he is SUPER popular in the school
Solfreedom
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nice book

Nice book greatest minecraft book ever I love it please make involving more mobs please minecraft love it so much
Sumejja
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Zombies

I thought this book was amazing,funny and interesting well your book is awesome and that's all I've got to say lights out
Andrew
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Eh

It was ok. It was too short and not very interesting. It was kind of funny but it isn't a good book for an older kid
Amy Hernovich
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
AWSOME BOOK

I chose this rating because the book was awsome. Recommend Tyler G. and Logan C.I love this book and it is a good book
Amanda Gillette
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love your books

I love this book it is sooooooo funny
Al
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this even more than cheese on toast ! My only complaint is, too easy for an average 12 year old genius :D
Ariin Palsule
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 ⭐

I read this book only because I got the boxed set of the first three books in this series. So I guess I will read the second and the third book as well and will not continue with the series after the third book.
A decent children's book. One has to have some knowledge of Minecraft to enjoy the book to the fullest.
I have not much more to say about the book, so I guess that's it.
Alex
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn't like this book because I don't like to go out at night. I enjoyed this book because I liked the part when Zack scared a villager so much that he dropped a cake!
Tony Cook
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
We've got puns, a lot of heart, and a nice ending. Some parts, especially in the middle, seemed to be dragging clichés, waywardness, and beating a dead horse (pun intended), but being bite-sized (yep, I'm full-on punning like the book now) and easy to read surely helped. Certainly I'm not the target audience, but appreciate the concept as well as the high points of the story. If I find more in the series, I'd likely pick it up to read between old Godzilla movies.
Judy Wollin
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Scare of a Dare by is a fast-paced middle and upper primary kids’ book. The main character, a 12 year old Zombie, deals with parents, boredom and bullies. He finds himself up against a deadly Golam.
The twist at the end had me wanting to read the next book. I enjoyed the fast pace.

Recommended for 8+ particularly reluctant readers.
Jeremy Vaughn
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very cool and interesting

This is definitely a great book for minecraft players and lovers. I feel as though you can sort of connect to them in a weird way lol. Anyway 10 out of 10 would recommend
Menoptera
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was too good, I want to read the rest ironically. I finished it within half an hour, it was that good! 5 stars *clap clap*.
Tranylle
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
If I was rating this based on my own personal enjoyment, I'd give it 2 stars. Boring! But my Minecraft obsessed 6 year old said he liked it and wants to read the next, so he wins.
Kristen Lesperance
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: landon
My son said it is 5 stars because he loved hearing about Minecraft and being able to tell me about Minecraft as they referenced thungs I didn't always understand. (Basically it seemed every line).
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Diary of Steve the Noob
  • The Quest for the Diamond Sword (An Unofficial Gamer's Adventure #1)
  • Diary of Steve the Noob 8 (An Unofficial Minecraft Book)
  • Diary of a Minecraft Creeper Book 1: Creeper Life
  • Diary of Steve the Noob 2 (An Unofficial Minecraft Book) ( Diary of Steve the Noob Collection)
  • Bearstone: With Related Readings (Glencoe Literature Library, #8)
  • Splat the Cat: Splat the Cat Sings Flat
  • Diary of Steve the Noob 4 (An Unofficial Minecraft Book)
  • Trayaurus and the Enchanted Crystal
  • Paddington's Adventures (I Can Read!, Level 1)
  • Dog Man (Dog Man, #1)
  • Pete the Cat's Trip to the Supermarket
  • The Legend of Dave the Villager 1: An Unofficial Minecraft Story
  • The Runaway Bunny
  • Minecraft: Diary of a Minecraft Enderman Book 1: Endermen Rule! (An Unofficial Minecraft Book)
  • The Legend of Dave the Villager 2: An Unofficial Minecraft Book
  • Minecraft Books: Diary of a Minecraft Creeper Book 3: Attack of the Barking Spider! (An Unofficial Minecraft Book)
  • Karen's Witch (Baby-Sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #1)

Diary of a Minecraft Zombie (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Bullies and Buddies (Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, #2)
  • When Nature Calls (Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, #3)
  • Zombie Swap (Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, #4)
  • School Daze (Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, #5)
  • Creepaway Camp (Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, #6)
  • Zombie Family Reunion (Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, #7)
  • Back to Scare School (Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, #8)
  • Zombie's Birthday Apocalypse (Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, #9)
  • One Bad Apple (Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, #10)
  • Insides Out (Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, #11)

News & Interviews

“Uuuuurrrgghhhh!!!” “Honey, it’s time to get up!” “Uuuurrrgghhhaacckkhuhh?” “Honey, it’s night time already, you need to get up!” “Aww Mom, do I have to?” “Yes, you do. Those villagers aren’t going to scare themselves.” “Uuuurrgghhhhh!!!” “Don’t Uuuuurrrgghhh Me. You get up, and get ready this instant!” 1 likes
“sometimes. It’s always, “Do this,” and “Scare that.” Some days I wish I were human so I wouldn’t have to get up at night and go scaring. I’m sure human parents aren’t like this. And I’m sure human parents aren’t always telling their kids what to do. Human parents are probably really nice and let their kids stay up all day and do whatever they” 1 likes