Start by marking “Haunting a Cowboy (Ghosts of High Paradise Ranch #1)” as Want to Read:
Haunting a Cowboy (Ghosts of High Paradise Ranch #1)

Haunting a Cowboy

(Ghosts of High Paradise Ranch #1)

When ranch foreman Thad McCade’s life is disrupted by something supernatural, he reluctantly allows a ghost whisperer in to try to clear his home. But Madam Ruby is not at all what he expected. She’s actually Cheyenne Redford, wears a business suit, and drives an expensive SUV. In seconds, she discerns the identity of the restless spirit, and Thad immediately ushers her ou ...more
134 pages
Published 2014

To ask other readers questions about Haunting a Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunting a Cowboy

Start your review of Haunting a Cowboy (Ghosts of High Paradise Ranch #1)
"Avonna
May 29, 2015 rated it liked it
An entertaining romance with a ghost thrown in. Easy read with some heat.
Mary Morris
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Haunting a Cowboy, Ghosts of High Paradise Ranch Book 1, by Randi Alexander, is a truly great read. I’ve enjoyed all of her western romance books that I’ve read, and this had the added pleasure of a paranormal aspect. Hot ranch foreman, Thad McCade, and ghost whisper/lawyer, Madam Ruby/ Cheyenne Redford, are both great characters. The character of Madam Ruby/Chyeyenne, a successful business woman, is a refreshing change from the stereotypical carnival psychics. Though a bit gruff at first Thad, ...more
David Bailey
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of romance and ghosts
This is another fantastic start of a new series by Randi. I always love Randi's stories. I am not a particular fan of paranormal, but this book is more about the living than the dead--hurting souls in search of being freed from the tragedies of their pasts, eventually hoping they will find solace, perhaps in each others arms.

Thad McCade is the foreman on High Paradise Ranch, one of the largest ranches in Montana. Sayde Grant, the owner of High Paradise, views Thad as the son she never had. Rece
Theresa Scarangella
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Thad McCade works on the ranch ever since he was a young boy. Sayde wants Thad to take a vacation but he doesn't want to go. His coffee spills, she said his ghost wants him to go. She told him she has seen things at night. He has seen his front door slam and his truck keys would rattle. Sayde wants to send her friend Madam Rudy to help the spirit find peace. Thad lost his wife five years ago and still misses her.
Cheyenne Redford pulled up to Thad's home and she wasn't what he expected. She
Sara Archibald
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC.

Haunting A Cowboy is a story that will grab you and keep you interested and entertained all the way from the beginning to the very end. I loved it!

Thad McCade foreman at the High Paradise ranch is being haunted. When his boss Sayde tries to get him to take a vacation, he balks at the idea but he balks even more when she recommends her friend Madam Ruby to come out and try to help with the spirit that is haunting him.

When Madam Ruby aka Chey
Cindy Barton
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: damaged, ghost, pnr, cowboy
A cowboy, a lawyer and a ghost, these are the things a good read are made of. A little bit of spooky is going on at High Paradise ranch and the owner has set out to find out why her foreman is being spooked. In comes Cheyenne Redford, a ghost whisperer, to help out her friend . Thad isn't really hip on the ghost whisperer coming into his home but when he sees her, zing!! and I believe he is stunned into letting her inside. Sparks are definitely flying and they aren't all the supernatural kind. N ...more
Terri Eaches
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Beginning

A great beginning to a promising series. Thad is a quiet cowboy that has been living the past five years with guilt over his wife's death and now he is being visited by a ghost. Madam Ruby/ Cheyenne Redford is a friend of the Paradise Ranch owner who insists Madam Ruby can help send the ghost to the other side. Thad is reluctant but Madam Ruby is not what he expects. The attraction is undeniable and instant but they are from different worlds and Thad's wife has a message from be
Deb Diem
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Haunting a Cowboy by Randi Alexander is a fairly quick read, perfect for those with limited time for reading. Randi Alexander has delivered a well written spooktacular read. This fun book had lovable characters that drew you into the story and kept the pages turning. Cheyenne and Thad's story was touching, fun and sizzling hot. I hated for it to end. Haunting a Cowboy is book 1 of the Ghosts of High Paradise Ranch series and can be read as a stand alone. This is a complete book, not a cliff-hang ...more
Cherity Thibodeaux
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When Thad MaCade's home becomes haunted, he lets his boss talk him into letting her good friend Madam Ruby, a ghost whisperer, come and investigate. But when his ghost whisperer exits her vehicle, she is definitely not what he was expecting. Madam Ruby whose real name is Cheyenne is a lawyer who talks to the spirits as a hobby. The sparks between them are there from the moment they meet but they need to figure out what the ghost wants. I don't want to give away any of the story but let's just sa ...more
Gail
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cowboys, favorite
"Haunting A Cowboy" by Randi Alexander

Thad McCade is a widower, a hard working foreman and a man who is having a problem letting go of the past. It doesn't help, that when he goes home to rest, a mischievous ghost is haunting him and trying to get his attention.
His boss has a few ideas of how to get him to relax and maybe a way to get rid of his ghost.

Madam Ruby is not what Thad was expecting. Madam Ruby aka Cheyenne Redford wants to help Thad with his ghost and maybe help him
Pam
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Alexander was very clever in this ghost tale. She developed characters with depth and a very believable story line. It is a simple love story that has some unique twists and turns. If you have ever experienced anything remotely ghostly (déjà vu, premonition, gut instinct, or even the feeling of someone watching over you or just watching) this tale is for you. It is easy and fun to read. I am looking forward to the second in this series.
Cathy Brockman
Thad doesn't believe in ghosts, but when his life seems disrupted his boss sends in a medium, which Thad also doesn't believe in. Madam Ruby is nothing he expects.
This is a fun story to read. There are a few twists, a meddling ghostand boss.
if you love a short, sweet romance with a bit of supernatural twist, hot cowboys, and sexy mediums this is definitely a read for you!
Teresa Stirewalt
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story had me on the edge of my seat. I could not stop reading it once I started. I caught myself holding my breath waiting to see what was going to happen next, also, became quickly attached to the characters and their stories. Randi is an excellent author and one of my favorites. I look forward to reading more of this series as well as any other books she writes.
Lorraine Brattin
Quite the story.

Loved this book about a Cowboy, Thad and the loss of his wife who keeps haunting him. It takes Cheyenne to get past his disapproval to get to the root of what his dead wife wants to relay. What a great story. Hated when the book ended. Wanted to keep reading. Thank you Randi for another great read.
karn
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun book to read. I was lucky and got to read this early so did not know it was for Halloween and what a nice surprise to find a ghost was haunting our delicious cowboy. The gorgeous herbalist was so fun as she tried to help our man. Fun to follow along to see if we could solve the ghost problem ourselves! Found myself leaning into my kindle several times. Enjoy!
Tanya Brown
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this story by Randi Alexander. I found I couldn't put this book down wanting Thad to have a ghost free home and a clear conscience. It takes a ghost whisperer to help Thad through this but Thad is being a little stubborn. I actually felt bad for him but loved how this story ended. Randi did a great job and I'm anxious to read the next in this series.
Nadine Bookaholic
(view spoiler)
Rose helg
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Book

This is a good book. This book was interesting, it has sex, ghost, it about the one you Love that died that has unfinished business to intend to.
Blue
Therese Lopez
Nov 11, 2016
Robin
Nov 06, 2015
Randi Alexander writes smokin' hot romance with heroes who'll have you begging to ride off into the sunset with them. When she's not dreaming of, or writing about, rugged cowboys, Randi is biking trails along remote rivers, snorkeling the Gulf of Mexico, or practicing her drumming in hopes of someday forming a tropical rock-band.
Forever an adventurous spirit with a romantic imagination, Rand

Ghosts of High Paradise Ranch (3 books)
  • Unforgiven Spirit (Ghosts of High Paradise Ranch #2)
  • Ghostly Charades (Ghosts of High Paradise Ranch #3)