Start by marking “The Zodiac Legacy: The Dragon's Return (Zodiac Legacy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Zodiac Legacy: The Dragon's Return (Zodiac Legacy, #2)

The Zodiac Legacy: The Dragon's Return

(Zodiac Legacy #2)

In this second illustrated novel of The Zodiac Legacy series, the dangerous dragon power only grows stronger within Jasmine, and Steven struggles to hold their ragtag team together. But as alliances become strained, the line between the "good guys" and the "bad guys" becomes blurrier and blurrier. And it all culminates in a major cliffhanger that readers won't see coming!
Published January 26th 2016 by Disney Press

To ask other readers questions about The Zodiac Legacy, please sign up.
Skylar Maxwell's spirit soul died, but the body is being controlled by the dragon and carlos is just a really confusing story.…moreMaxwell's spirit soul died, but the body is being controlled by the dragon and carlos is just a really confusing story. (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Danna it is because of its ancient chinnese property and also its vanguard teck mixed in.…moreit is because of its ancient chinnese property and also its vanguard teck mixed in. (less)

Start your review of The Zodiac Legacy: The Dragon's Return (Zodiac Legacy, #2)
Tony le
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am reviewing this book for my reading class at school
The Zodiac Legacy, The Dragon’s Return
(Advance Uncorrected Copy)
Author: Stan Lee and Stuart Moore, Genre: Fantasy, By: Tony Le

Steven Lee again is put against all odds with his team of super powered zodiac people against a madman that thinks that he can save the world by having all the power in the world.(Why do all madman think they can save the world by destroying, taking over, or having all the power in the world?) Steven will face
Brandy Painter
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grade, fantasy
I did not read book one of the Zodiac Legacy but read this volume because it was nominated for a Cybils. (I am a round one MG Spec Fic panelist.) I did not find it at all difficult to pick up on what was going on even though I had not read the first. Like a Marvel movie, it seemed designed for that. This is pretty much a Marvel movie in novel form in every way imaginable. The characters can all be matched to a movie counterpart. The plot is fast moving and follows a similar formula: major team ...more
Emily Ann
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
3.2/5.0 Slightly better than the first
Aaron
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Steven Lee and the other Zodiacs are back for their second adventure. They seem to be faced with a number of forces pulling them apart no matter that his special skills as Tiger include an ability to help them work as a team. Kim (Rabbit) has to head home because her father's ill. Roxanne (Rooster) is reconnecting with her mom. Jasmine (Dragon) is being overwhelmed by her powers and by the fact that her boyfriend has disappeared. That doesn't take into account the fact that Duane (Pig) is ...more
Erica Metcalf
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, middle-grade
Another very fun read! While a bit slower than the first book, this one was still action packed and exciting! I really enjoyed seeing more about their zodiac powers and how they could warn the individual when something was wrong.

I absolutely love that this series has illustrations included.

Can't wait for book 3!

Favorite passages:
“Being defeated is a valuable experience,” Maxwell said. “It’s humbling. It forces a person to take stock, to examine what’s really important. To focus more directly
Koen Schmidt
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The second installment of the Zodiac series continues with Steven and his tiger power getting stronger. It turns out that Maxwell, the villain, is still alive after the explosion. While they are trying to track down Maxwell to get Jazmine's dragon power back, there are a lot of obstacles that Steven and his team have to face. This is a definite must read if you read the first book of the Zodiac series, Convergence. I would recommend this book to anybody who likes action packed books. I give this ...more
Zachary Barker
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Dragon's return is a great follow up to the first book.
It is about a team of superpowered teenagers who are fighting against the leader of Vangaurd(Maxwell), a horrible corporation. Who wants every single Zodiac power to himself. It is the Zodiav team led by Steven Lee to stop him.
Mark Buxton
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
My name is Steven, and my Zodiac team is falling apart. Kim is gone, Roxanne wants to leave, and Carlos has been missing for three months. Jasmine has been taking Carlos's disappearance hard, and I'm not sure if she's able to control the dragon power she absorbed from Maxwell. Sometimes, she scares me. The detection of Zodiac energy led me to Germany, and I woke up, strapped to a table, in Maxwell's Australian fortress. Maxwell transferred my energy to one of his soldiers, and I now find myself ...more
Abel
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: A
Writing Plot: A+
Characters: A
Theme: A
Setting: A
Ending: A-
Described: Second Novel of the 12 Most powerful Zodiac with a good story by Marvel Legend Stan Lee as well as Illustration was still Astonish!

This is slightly better than a first Novel, this even more than a superhero. It mainly about the struggle with their Zodiac power, Team fell apart, and become inevitable situation to stop the madness powerman Maxwell’s anticipation plan to bring and taken all 12 Zodiac Power. Some moments
mandyfujita
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
It has been one year since the Dragon's Gate Fight with Maxwell versus Steven Lee and friends. Steven, Roxanne, Duane, Kim and Liam has been training to get used to their Zodiac powers. Jasmine is obsesses with finding Carlos so Steven is left with leading the team. He feels that things are slipping away from him.
Parents of his teammates have a need for their children to leave the group, with Steven being jealous since his parents have never been their for him. Steven has to get past that and
Michael Franco
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The ZODIAC LEGACY: The Dragons Return

Steven, sky diving down from twenty meters down with Kim his teammate. They were going down to Dubai. Dubai is going to catch a sand storm any minute now and needed to help a city with 2 million people. They help people evacuate into the factory’s basement were they would be safe from the storm. They were thinking about Carlos and what happens to him( back to book 1 the creator).
Later in the story Steven gets captured later in the story and the rest of the
Tayd Bills
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stan Lee's follow up book in his Zodiac Legacy series is just as amazing as the first. Stan is able to stay true to the characters, as he tells more about their past, and their personal life. The backstories he adds to the story makes characters even easier to relate to. Doing this also helps to make character's actions more reasonable, and shows the motives for them. Stan Lee twists the plot in a great way. He adds many new complications to the plot, and changes it a lot, yet he keeps it easy ...more
Shari B
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yay for reading the second book instead of the first. Which was all fine because this book included enough information where you aren't confused and be like you should have read the first book. I was really thinking this was going to be a kids book. Nope. It is more adult themed. There are pictures, but I prefer to call them graphics.

I felt super bad in the end. Yes, the book ended on a bad note. SPOILER. They lose their powers and the bad guy wins. Apparently they won in the first book
Rai Rp
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved he book how the story went and how they argue. It was based in japan and i like how they try to stop the dragons power from geting biger.

How the stoped the team breaking apart cause they where fighting to much and that made the team turn into rivals. How they went agenst each other and how they solved it was the best part at the end they turned into a cool fighting group and they all took donw the dragon.

In my opion it was a good book i would red it again. I loved the plot and how they
Amber
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's not as good as the first book. I still like it but I think the first books in any series is always better, only because the author has so many ideas, and they try to cram it into the first book. Only to realize that they can't make a book that big, so they make a second one, and run out of ideas for the middle part. I actually liked the middle part of this book, it actually had me making myself read more to see what would happen to my beloved characters.
Beeeeeeeeeen
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Zodiac Legacy: The Dragon's return is the second book of the Zodiac Legacy series and is even more action packed than the first. It starts off by telling that their leading scientist and friend, Carlos is missing and they must find him. As long with that their greatest enemy is going undercover and they suspect he is plotting for their demise. The main character is Steven or the tiger. The tiger is his zodiac symbol.
Frank
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Zodiac Legacy : The Dragon's Return is the 2nd book in the Zodiac Legacy series.Unlike the first book,The Dragon's Return has more battle scenes and it has the main characters really go against Maxwell.However,Steven learns that his team is dysfunctional.Although it pains me to see my favorite superhero team start to break,it makes the book far more interesting.This fact is what makes the book better than the first one and earn 4 stars.
Marco Morano
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
This was an amazing second book to this series! Which, by the way, I actually enjoyed a lot more than the first book. The second book just had so much more going on when it came to plot, and the characters became so much more fleshes out. I was a bit disappointed when we didn't get to see more of Kim though. But hey, I was a huge fan of this ending; it went in a completely different direction that I was expecting. Also, the art in this book is freaking beautiful.
Sue
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 in the Series

The Zodiac kids regroup and try to continue their lives after the battle with Maxwell in the first book. Although they feel that they won the battle there are a lot of unanswered questions. What happened to Ox during the battle. Where is Carlos? Steven is thrust into the role of leader and he is not sure he is ready. Jasmine has become obsessed with finding Carlos and other members of the team are ready to quit. Will the team come together in time?
Sarah Haines Whitely
I listened to this in a few short hours. I really enjoyed it. Now I am looking for the next in the series. I find this series easy to get into and easy to follow. Though, they are a bit predictable. There are no surprise endings or anything. The heroes act like heroes, super powers or not and the villains act like villains.
Ismaeel
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Rebecca
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is just my FAVORITE! I love everything about it. Stan Lee described things so well and clear that I felt like I was there watching this all go down. I am so happy that I was actually able to find both this and the third book.
Yuna Lee
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Brian
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In my opinion, this book was better than the first one in its series, but don't decide to read this one first! You will have no idea what's going on.
Jessalyn King
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 9-12, audio
This was between a 4 and a 3. I think it wrapped up nicely, so it gets the extra star. An interesting middle book.
Nicholas
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I started reading for Stan Lee's art. I kept reding for the gripping story. This is a short read because of the fact it's a juvenile book, but it's still well rounded.
Jennifer Baratta
Have to wait till next month for book 3. Listen to this book.
Jo Stevens
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not a bad book, they are kind of cute for kids books. And it's still weird that the parents don't seem to care where their kid is.
Yoongi Felix Min
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book series. It's an awesome book about the Zodiac.
Rachel
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: youth
Bland superhero action and little emotional depth. This time without the bonus of a somewhat interesting origin story.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Zodiac Legacy (Zodiac, #1)
  • The Zodiac Legacy: The Age of Bronze (Zodiac, #3)
  • The Kane Chronicles Survival Guide
  • Joshua Dread (Joshua Dread #1)
  • The Nameless Hero (Joshua Dread #2)
  • The Initiation (Lock and Key #1)
  • The Serpent's Shadow: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles, #3)
  • The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Dominion Key (Joshua Dread #3)
  • Max Einstein: Rebels With A Cause (Max Einstein, #2)
  • Wrath of the Storm (Mark of the Thief, #3)
  • Rise of the Wolf (Mark of the Thief, #2)
  • The Wearle (Erth Dragons, #1)
  • Mr. Lemoncello's All-Star Breakout Game (Mr. Lemoncello's Library, #4)
  • Divide and Conquer (Infinity Ring #2)
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (LARGE PRINT)
  • Michael Vey: The Electric Collection (Michael Vey, #1-3)
  • Simon Thorn and the Wolf's Den (Simon Thorn, #1)
Stan Lee (born Stanley Martin Lieber) was an American writer, editor, creator of comic book superheroes, and the former president and chairman of Marvel Comics.

With several artist co-creators, most notably Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, he co-created Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Daredevil, the Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, and many other characters, introducing

Zodiac Legacy (3 books)
  • The Zodiac Legacy: Convergence (Zodiac Legacy, #1)
  • The Zodiac Legacy: Balance of Power (Zodiac Legacy, #3)