Start by marking “Ask Anna: Advice for the Furry and Forlorn” as Want to Read:
Ask Anna: Advice for the Furry and Forlorn

Ask Anna: Advice for the Furry and Forlorn

Dean Koontz is one of the world's biggest selling authors. Anna Koontz is Dean's remarkable dog who is poised to follow in her dad's footsteps with her first advice book for canines. She will soon become canine columnist to the world!

With her superior intellect, sharp wit, a warm and fuzzy heart, Anna Koontz debuts her talent as an advice columnist in her seminal work AS
Published October 13th 2015 by Center Street (first published October 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Ask Anna, please sign up.
Wanda No Sweetheart, get behind me as I want one to :-) and I didn't even know about a free list......I love animal books.

My lab Mocha (choc lab) was put…more

My lab Mocha (choc lab) was put down in Feb due to cancer...she was our darling for almost 12 years......miss her so, so much. (less)

Sue
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, animals
Love dogs? Love Dean Koontz? Yes? Then buy this book and prepare to laugh. Or just love dogs? Then also buy this book -- all proceeds benefit Canine Companions for Independence, a service dog organization that trains dogs to behave better and more helpfully than most (actually, all) young children that I know! (When I was in occupational therapy school, this organization sent us a volunteer "puppy raiser" to speak about the organization during our lunch hour. His puppy -- as in his actual young ...more
Ambrose Miles
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good quick dog advice book written by Dean Koontz's dog Anna. Q&A for dogs, but owners take heed. Anna is sharp and witty. It's a fun book.
Mandee
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book through a giveaway

Very cute book...thinking it would make a great gift for a dog lover for the holidays.
Amy
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me smile and at times laugh hysterically. Especially the tube top comment. Sometimes, you just need a book like this to make everything better
Dundee Library
The photos in this book are what originally caught my eye, they are adorable, but when I actually started reading it I thought it was great! Anna is Dean Koontz's golden retriever and the Dear Abby of canines. She answers the questions of other dogs (or as is written "the Furry and Forlorn"). I was trying to pick my favorite of the questions and answers given but I couldn't decide. Some of them made me laugh out loud while a some made me think that the advice could be applied to people too. This ...more
Nikki
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wanted this to be my last book officially read of the year as this is the one that was sent to me by Dean Koontz after I wrote him a letter. It was every bit as charming, whimsical, and funny as I had hoped. I will cherish it for years to come!
Lynn
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How best to describe this book? Cute! VERY cute!
Mona Gonzalez-Tricker
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Too cute! Probably because I love dogs!
Robin
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the perfect 15 minute read to make you laugh out loud! I got it from the library, too short of a book to actually buy it. If you love dogs, the pictures alone will make you smile.
Sandy Carmichael
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute book giving advice to other dogs via Dean Koontz.
Skye
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dog
Ask Anna: Advice for the Furry and Forlorn, by Dean Koontz* and his dog Anna (Center Street/Hatchette Book Group, 2014, $20, 96 pages)

Golden Advice

Surely you have heard of the very prolific Dean Koontz*, seemingly inexhaustible author of numerous (130 or more) books, many of them bestsellers, and his former best friend (dog) and fellow bestselling author Trixie Koontz**, who wrote three books herself.

Today, I’d like to introduce you to Anna Koontz, also a Canine Companions for Independence (CCI
Amy Lignor
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When it comes to writing a tale, Dean Koontz is still – after all this time and after thousands of books I’ve read and reviewed – the only writer I have come across that can mix the likes of horror, magic, vivid landscapes, supernatural moments, and humor all in one. This is the man who can have me scared, running to the kitchen to grab anything I can find to use as a weapon for the silent, lurking something-or-other that must be hiding in my house. So there I sit, with a whisk (or, if I’m reall ...more
Lisa Johnson
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Title: Ask Anna
Author: Dean Koontz & his dog Anna
Pages: 96
Year: 2015
Publisher: Center Street
My rating is 5 stars.
People usually love animals. There are always those who want cats only or dogs only and occasionally you find a home with both. I grew up with dogs and now have a cat, who has adopted us. So when the book came up for review, I just knew I had to read it! I laughed a lot. Anna is like the canine equivalent of a Dear Abby, except for dogs.
The imagination it takes to have pictures of
Maria
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 411:

Great book for dog owners, dog lovers or folks who love to read and smile. Anna is Dean Koontz dog and like her daddy she is a writer. She writes advice to other pouches who write in to her.

One page features a beautiful color photo of a dog with a question for Anna like Mutt and Jeff who ask:

Dear Anna, what is it about tennis balls? Huh? What is it? Why do we like to chase them until we exhaust ourselves?

The next page features a beautiful color photo of Anna who answers:

Dear Mutt and Je
Kathy
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Quotable:

If you feel short, you will be short. If you feel tall... You'll still be short, but you'll feel better. One good thing about being a dog is we don't have to care how we look, because we're all humongously cute.

Do you ever worry about the human race? They're always rushing pell-mell toward one cliff or another. I worry about them a lot.

Most of you are hopelessly neurotic and in the iron - or at least aluminum - grip of fear, but you could join the rest of us who have escaped that pitiab
Jean
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book free through GoodReads. It is a
beautiful book. It is full of big colorful pictures
of dogs all through out the book. I think young
children would enjoy the pictures in the book. There
are Dear Anna questions and answers in the book, some
are hysterically funny. As a dog lover I really enjoyed
it!
Carol B.
I basically had this book thrust into my hands and was unironically informed that Anna is very wise. I'm all about the occasional fluff (HA!) literature, but I found this rather trite on Koontz's end and thought he did a better job writing as Trixie.
My major has ruined me. Ask Anna is a mildly amusing, quick read, but I didn't find it as hysterical or appealing as I was supposed to.
Lisa
Dec 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Silly and kind of funny. Nothing great here. Would have liked more, different photos. Some pictures were practically identical to other pages. If you are looking for dog humor, Texts From Dog is a much better book
Michele
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Written like a doggie advice column, Ask Anna was a sweet, funny, sometimes quite thoughtful book that left me smiling. The pictures were beyond adorable. The advice was spot-on. That Anna is one smart--and fashionable--canine!
Paul Stacy
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
I loved it our cats didn't think Anna gave them enough credit for being nice to the dogs in the neighborhood also they share our shoes with our Springer all the time and don't complain about the snoring and gas she has when eating their food.
Toni House
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh! My gosh! What a great little book, Ask Anna what a sweet, sweet heart warming advice book for our four legged family members from a four legged sweet heart.

It will make you smile and feel all warm and fuzzy, something the world needs more of.

Thank you Dean and Anna.
Rebekah Franklin
Sep 13, 2015 rated it liked it
2 for content, but three for the photos!
Rose Ann
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cure book, mostly full of dog pictures.
Avid Reader and Geek Girl
Dean Koontz always ends up with humorous dogs.
Lisa Stethem
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very quick fun read. A must read for dog lovers
Chelsea
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just adorable. I love Anna, and I admire Dean Koontz's love for dogs.
Jennifer L.
Mar 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute. A nice companion to Trixie Koontz's Bliss to You.
Natalie
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horse-dog-books
So cute!
Debflowers7
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book to make you smile and brighten up your day! And of course any dog lover would be looking for advice from, who else, a dog.
Shirley
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a clever concept for a book! The photography is amazing. I have two Golden Retrievers, so I recognized Anna's beauty and wisdom.
Koontzland - Dean...: Ask Anna 8 20 Aug 27, 2016 06:52PM
Ask Anna 1 1 Jan 03, 2015 12:26PM

• No Dogs in Heaven?: Scenes from the Life of a Country Veterinarian
  • Lucky Dog: How Being a Veterinarian Saved My Life
  • Comet's Tale: How the Dog I Rescued Saved My Life
  • Born to Bark: My Adventures with an Irrepressible and Unforgettable Dog
  • The Feline Mystique: On the Mysterious Connection Between Women and Cats
  • The Possibility Dogs: What a Handful of "Unadoptables" Taught Me About Service, Hope, and Healing
  • Arrow in the Blue
  • The Dog Says How
  • I'm Not the Biggest Bitch in This Relationship: Hilarious, Heartwarming Tales about Man's Best Friend from America's Favorite Humorists
  • In meinem fremden Land: Gefängnistagebuch 1944
  • John Keats: A New Life
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: I Can't Believe My Dog Did That!: 101 Stories about the Crazy Antics of Our Canine Companions
  • The Jewish Daughter Diaries
  • Leonard Woolf: A Biography
  • The Norton Book of Women's Lives
  • A Literary Education and Other Essays
  • The Secrets of Lost Cats: One Woman, Twenty Posters, and a New Understanding of Love
  • All My Patients Kick and Bite: More Favorite Stories from a Vet's Practice