Start by marking “The Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today” as Want to Read:
The Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today

The Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today

Can two words give you the power to change your life? Yes they can! In the pages of his new book, bestselling author Joel Osteen shares a profound principle based on a simple truth.

Whatever follows the words "I am" will always come looking for you.
So, when you go through the day saying:
"I am blessed"...blessings pursue you.
"I am talented"...talent follows you.
"I am
Published October 6th 2015 by FaithWords

Start your review of The Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today
LaDonna
Reading The Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today for the third time left me with the same feeling of peace and joy I felt the first time I read it. Joel Osteen throws out a challenge that I know I need to work at everyday--declaring that I Am worthy of complete happiness and total blessings.

The book speaks to the things that many of us already know, but so often forget. (As a parent, I know I consistently share similar quips with my kids. When will I listen?)
"Pay
David Lohman
Mar 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
In his book, Mr. Osteen has taken the very name of God, I AM (Exodus 3:14), and used it to craft a repetitive, saccharine self-help book straight from the pages of positive psychology. His quote "One of the best things we can do is take a few minutes every morning and make these positive declarations over our lives," shows that Mr. Osteen uses the Bible very liberally to reinforce his own view that being positive will make everything turn out well in our lives. He says "Our attitude should be 'I ...more
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
It is easy to get into negative thinking. I try and stay positive but we all fail at some point.

This book shows you how to use positive statements in your daily life. It is broken into different affirmations and stories attached to each one. Examples are:

I Am Focused
I Am Prosperous
I Am Victorious
I Am Generous
I Am Secure

…and many more

This is a big book with over 250 pages of beautiful words and messages to keep you on the path of positive thinking and powerful personal development.

I love
Kenny
I AM. The two most powerful words in the English language when combined together.
Surprisingly, Osteen tackled this topic in his most recent book. The I AM teachings have been taught and written about in metaphysical circles for nearly 80 years, but most Christians regard these teachings as heresy. The Mighty I AM has been in vogue again due to The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. “When you say “I am”, the words that follow are summoning creation with a mighty force, because you are declaring it to be
L.L. Martin
Apr 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
** This 2-part review is posted on my personal blog. This is part 1.

I am. “What follows those two simple words will determine what kind of life you live.” (pg 1)

Osteen says that the words that follow I am should be nothing but positive affirmations about our self. For example, I am: blessed, successful, talented, wise, wonderful, healthy, victorious, qualified, prosperous, valuable…you get the idea. After 3 introductory chapters, each of the remaining 16 chapters focus on an I am statement. For
Anna
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, religion
This was a very inspiring, supportive book for anyone looking for assistance to uplift them from their troubles. After a few general chapters, the author gives 15 chapters of specific "I am(s)"...such as,
"I am blessed", "I am strong," "I am prosperous" with stories to
explain the "I am(s)". The style is the same as his sermons which are broadcast for TV--inspirational and filled with hope. Some of the stories I recognized from having heard in one of his sermons.

I felt like a "David" ready to slay
Jennifer Brown
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
So I used to be a fan of Joel Osteen's books and sermons. Then one day my husband pointed out that he pretty much only preaches on prosperity. Now I can't get that out of my head and notice it all the time because it's true. It's not a bad thing. I just get tired of it after a while.

So with that said, I was listening to this book and made it through the 3rd disc before stopping. I got the message in the beginning and felt like he was just repeating himself in different ways.

Not sure if I will
Mspraise50
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be empowering and uplifting. It reminded me of who I am in God. It was easy to read. I am familiar with Joel books, teaching and television ministry, so I knew what I was getting. This book is definitely worth a read. It helped me.
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
"The wrong "I am" will keep you from rising higher." (Joel Osteen, The Power of I Am)

What "I ams" are you speaking over your life?

The following are some of the "I ams" I wrote down while listening to this audio book that Joel Osteen encourages his readers to declare over themselves:

• I am amazing
• I am young
• I am confident
• I am secure
• I am royalty
• I am excited about my future
• I
Valerie
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have never been a Joel Osteen fan, in fact I have never listened to him or bothered to pay any attention to his fame and popularity. However after receiving this book from a client of mine I felt compelled to give it a shot. I was honestly amazed at how much I could relate to his message. Even if you are skeptical there is no harm that can be done in any of the recommendations contained in this book: be more positive, help others, and even increase your own motivation and awareness. These are ...more
Heather
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give this book 10 stars, or 20 stars. It was SO encouraging and gave me a lot of hope for my future :)
Madeline
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Audiobook

Same story with a different title.

I love what Joel Osteen had to say, but I wish he would change it up a little. I have heard some of those stories many times over.
Susan Walker
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I like the idea of a positive book tha'ts tells you what you can do. this book can remind you of your faith in every day life. It has a positive message and lots of ideas to think about.
Hamidreza
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
good one
Maureen Russell
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a great book. It helped me to see the thoughts and words that have become habits for me that aren't helping me - may even be hindering! I only gave it 4 stars because he uses a ton of scripture but doesn't cite the specific references. It was probably in the footnotes, but because I listened to the audio version, I couldn't see those. That was my only complaint. Otherwise I'd recommend it to anyone struggling with negative self-talk or letting struggles in life get you down.
Randy M.
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads, reviewed
The Power of I Am is a book meant for repeated readings. Its message is simple and extremely important, yet is almost always forgotten during times of distress. Believing in ourselves; knowing that, no matter our missteps, God forgives and believes in us; knowing God wants to help us achieve the plan he put in place for our lives, if only we will allow Him; this book is a helpful reminder of these things, and a wakeup call to refocus our lives and live optimistically.

What Mr. Osteen has to say
Andrew Wolgemuth
Oct 10, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faith, audio
Many words would be needed for me to fully explain why I dislike and disagree with this book. Goodness.

In brief, "I am" is repeated ad nauseam in this book and not once does smilin' Joel note that it's a key biblical name for God. Rather, you the reader are the "I" under discussion.

And to expand a little, here's the book's recipe: take one generally true idea (e.g. thinking positively is better than thinking negatively when it comes to achieving one's goals), combine it with an out-of-context
W. Whalin
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Discover the Power of Your Own Words

I’ve heard Pastor Joel Osteen numerous times on the television but never listened to one of his audio books—until I heard THE POWER OF I AM from cover to cover. If you are saying negative messages aloud to yourself or others, you will learn why you need to stop hearing this audio book. There is amazing power in the words that you speak and this message is affirmed over and over in this book.

I found the information and stories in this book encouraging. It was
Brandon Adleman
Great book but I feel like if you have one of his books you have read them all. They all teach about God's love and how you can better yourself and have an amazing life through God. But they all teach this same message. I love every book he has ever written because he changed my life and I continue to read every book he writes.
C.M. Krishack
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Powerful book! Joel has an amazing way of delivering God's message. I have become more mindful of how I see myself and what I tell myself and this book has reminded me just how powerful words can be. The Power Of I Am is a must read!
Christine Jolley
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Not a church going person at all, agnostic but found this book to be one of the most comforting inspirational books I've ever read. Don't let the fact he's a preacher and uses the word God throughout turn you off. There's a lot one can take from this book.
Lisa Salinas
Nov 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: abandoned
Not bad, an easy read in Joel's infamous style. Certainly a good refresher on being positive. Because I have to return it to the library and have so many other books to read, I will likely never finish it. What I did read was beneficial though.
Tomie Fox
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: highly-recommend
Those who do not like Joel Osteen, have never read his books. He uses biblical principles and more than a sufficient amount of scripture to be an encouragement to his readers. I will read this book again!
Mindy O'Donnell
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book is just what I needed at the time I read it. It offers peace and encouragement.
I still pick it up and read passages when I need a reminder of all that I am!
Erin
I'm biased against Osteen, so that didn't really help my patience with this book. There is so much repetition to get the point across. There is so much repetition to get the point across. There is so much repetition to get the point across. There is so much repetition to get the point across. HA. See what I did there? It makes the reader feel kind of dumb, annoyed, or loose patience.
I'm also not into self-help books (as I just learned) or this one didn't work for me at all. I also didn't really
Sahaj
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Skim read
Talia Colley
Joel Osteen encourages the reader to speak positively about life and refuse to be sad and defeated. This was a very motivational book and it helped me make a list of affirmations to recite to stay positive in the midst of difficult times. Looking at the other titles by this author, I feel like he might repeat the same thoughts in every book, but nevertheless this was a great positive read.
Josh
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
I've never read Joel's books or listened to his sermons. I happened to come across this book on the website Goodreads and the title caught my eye. I was under the impression the book was about I Am (God). Boy was I wrong. This book is about self-declarations to bring positive energy to one's life. You say "I am rich" and somehow you will become rich. You say "I am happy" and somehow you will become happy overnight. Positive outlook and thinking are all great stuff but how he claims this is in ...more
Andrew
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In the Power of I Am, Joel Osteen shares the importance of speaking positively and saying powerful I am statements. He begins the book by revealing how countless people are declaring negative I am statements over their lives and they are cursing their present and their future. Some examples of negative statements would be, “I am so average, I am so unlucky, I will never get married, I’m getting old, I’m so overweight, I will never get well, and much more. What we need to be declaring over our ...more
Nick McRae
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book was on sale on Audible, and I was curious since I'd never read any of Osteen's work, so I gave it a go. I gave this book two stars instead of one because I did find a few moments throughout the book to be inspiring, particularly the very last section where he discusses being a blessing to others by lifting them up. There were also a few sections that did make me want to start being more positive in the way I think and speak. However, the rest of the book is, in its theology, totally ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Power Thoughts: 12 Strategies to Win the Battle of the Mind
  • Destined to Reign: The Secret to Effortless Success, Wholeness, and Victorious Living
  • Destiny: Step into Your Purpose
  • Crushing: It's Not the End!
  • Born to Win: Find Your Success Code
  • Grace Revolution: Experience the Power to Live Above Defeat
  • Choose Joy: Because Happiness Isn't Enough
  • Jump: Take the Leap of Faith to Achieve Your Life of Abundance
  • Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success
  • Soar!: Build Your Vision from the Ground Up
  • Know Your Bible: All 66 Books Explained and Applied
  • Power Words: What You Say Can Change Your Life
  • The Power of Right Believing: 7 Keys to Freedom from Fear,  Guilt, and Addiction
  • Live the Let-Go Life: Breaking Free from Stress, Worry, and Anxiety
  • The Power of Self-Confidence: Become Unstoppable, Irresistible, and Unafraid in Every Area of Your Life
  • Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting
  • Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits
  • The Prayer of Protection: Living Fearlessly in Dangerous Times
JOEL OSTEEN is the author of seven New York Times bestsellers. He is the senior pastor of America's largest congregation, Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas. More than 45,000 people attend services there every week. His televised messages are seen by more than 10 million viewers each week in the United States, and millions more in 100 nations around the world. His 24-hour channel on SiriusXM ...more
“am blessed. I am prosperous. I am successful.” “I am victorious. I am talented. I am creative.” “I am wise. I am healthy. I am in shape.” “I am energetic. I am happy. I am positive.” “I am passionate. I am strong. I am confident.” “I am secure. I am beautiful. I am attractive.” “I am valuable. I am free. I am redeemed.” “I am forgiven. I am anointed. I am accepted.” “I am approved. I am prepared. I am qualified.” “I am motivated. I am focused. I am disciplined.” “I am determined. I am patient. I am kind.” “I am generous. I am excellent. I am equipped.” “I am empowered. I am well able.” “I am a child of the Most High God.” 21 likes
“I am not who people say I am. I am who God says I am.” 17 likes