Start by marking “The Days Are Just Packed: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection” as Want to Read:
The Days Are Just Packed: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection

The Days Are Just Packed: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Calvin and Hobbes #8)

4.69  ·  Rating details ·  20,676 Ratings  ·  236 Reviews
Zounds! Spaceman Spiff, Stupendous Man, the ferocious tiger Hobbes, and the rest of Calvin's riotous imagination are all included in The Days Are Just Packed.

Calvin, the self-proclaimed "Boy of Destiny," continues to save the universe with his alter egos, Spaceman Spiff and Stupendous Man, at least until Miss Wormwood or his mother bring him back to reality. Susie, Calvin'
Published September 1st 1993 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Days Are Just Packed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Days Are Just Packed

Book Worm
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book of wisdom should be in every English teacher's bookshelf. It is full of philosophy, interesting play on words, wit and humour.
Nary a year goes by when I don't use it in my lessons. It has been my companion for over ten years now and is quite tattered now. I simply love this compilation.
Cory
Aug 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Reading this as an adult was revelatory. Of what, I can't exactly say. But I was at a friend's home, in a strange city that will soon be my home, and I couldn't sleep. I picked up this book, and realized that it really isn't meant for children. Or, at least, not just for children. I read all of Watterson's books when I was a kid, and I now know how much I missed, and how much I absorbed.
Jake
Aug 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic
This is the first Calvin & Hobbes book I've purchased since elementary school. Back then, my parents would give me an allowance whenever the Scholastic Book Catalog was passed around the classroom and I would almost always buy a Calvin & Hobbes collection. My parents encouraged me to read something of value when I could, so they'd talk me out of sticker books and lesser kid titles like Captain Poopbutt & His Wacky Goof Smile Crew or some shit. This was fine, since I always tried to r ...more
Laura Harrison
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The shock I felt upon learning Bill Watterson was discontinuing his Calvin and Hobbes series has never left me. I needed those comics. They weren't just funny they were touching and so very clever. Today's comics and graphic novels have not come close to the feelings, emotions and intelligence Watterson was able to convey in a few short panels. Hopefully Watterson will return to us in full force. The world needs him more than ever.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fun-read
When you're trying to alleviate daily stress allow Calvin and Hobbs to provide pure joy into your life! I laughed out loud on buses, subways, coffee shops, and park benches. I felt wonderful and that's what it's all about. All Hail, Bill Watterson!
Nick
Jun 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
So good! Read it. You will be glad you did.
PurplyCookie
From spaceships and interplanetary hideous monster beasties, to creeping around the backyard the fun is never in short supply.

These witty comics about the 6-year old Calvin and his stuffed tiger Hobbes, named after the famous philosophers, will amuse people of all ages. The perceptiveness and humor of Watterson deserve the highest of cartoon awards, while his artistic creations exude hilarity. This cartoon is perhaps one of the most piercing yet funny critiques of modern society.

This book is exc
Exina
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The loveliest cover of all! The back cover is so sweet too!

From this volume my favorites are the time travel stills, when three Calvins are present at the same time. And I love the snow sculptures that brightly show Calvin’s genius.
Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~
One of the best comic strips ever created. Love these two and all their adventures, and I now sympathize with poor Calvin's parents. :D
Kasen
Jan 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I really like this one too. Some of them I vaguely remeber reading some of them, and my mother told me that we used to own it (personally I think we borrowed it) and that she doesn't know what happened to it. I was showing my dad it and he laughed at some of them and when I left it in the car and went to go get something with my mother, he was reading it, he tried to put it back on my seat before I got back, but he was intensely reading a strip. I took it from him and read the last of it. It was ...more
Michael
May 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everybody
Recommended to Michael by: Was left at my house
This was the 1st C&H book I read. My best friend was home on leave (US NAVY) & left it at my apt. I picked it up and could not put it down. This is a laugh out loud funny book.
For a book to make me laugh out loud when I am by myself... that is FUNNY!! If this doesn't make you laugh, then you have NO sense of humor. Some are so funny you will cry. Highly recommend!
Aaron
Jan 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
How can you go wrong with Calvin and Hobbes?

175 pages of fun and philosophy, told through the eyes and imagination of a six year old and his pet tiger. I don't think you can go wrong starting Calvin and Hobbes with any volume, and this is definitely a good place to start.
Evan Dresser
Aug 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The cover says it all, but I will say more, anyway. Calvin and Hobbes explores thought and emotion in a way very few comics ever have. And it's the dream of still being a kid in an adult world. And it's just great.
Dan
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Calvin and Hobbes books are great fun and really witty humor! A childhood staple comic book for me, but even now I go back and read them and understand the humor on a different level (now that I know the meanings of some of the words!). Great books.
Lia
May 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
My review for all Calvin and Hobbes books is this:

When you need to relax and laugh, this is a great place to go. Watterson is insightful, hilarious, and very, very funny. Highly recommended.

I grew up on C&H, and I'm very glad I did.
Mary Catelli
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, comic-strips
An allusion to summer. There are other days, of course, where various ploys do not get him out of homework, the valiant attempt to get the story he is meant to write by time traveling, and a good number of gag-a-day comics.
HeavyReader
Jun 23, 2007 rated it liked it
Ah, Calvin and Hobbes. Is this Bill Watterson's idea of childhood? His actual recollections?

I think Calvin would be happier if he were homeschooled, but I don't think his poor mother could handle it. What are we to do with kids who would rather be raised by wolves, or in this case, tigers?
Charles
Aug 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
A cartoon book of course. What can I say? I love me some Calvin and Hobbes.
Eirini Robin
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!!
the irony and humour regarding today's manipulative function of our consumer society and ethics are presice and indisputable ^__^
Carol
Jan 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Hurray for laughter! Our family really loves Calvin and Hobbes. Some cartoons are just too true to real life; somehow that makes them hilarious.
Hazel
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Calvin and Hobbes. This is one of the best comic strips ever written. Calvin and Hobbes will make you laugh every time.
Serenity Kosorok
Oct 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love the Calvin and Hobbes books! they're so funny. Whenever I read them, I laugh out loud. I recommend this for people who like to laugh.
Judy
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Sarah Rose
Aug 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I always learn something new from Calvin, Hobbes, Suzy, and the parents. Always good for a laugh too!
Fangirl
Nov 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The stories of Calvin and Hobbes make me laugh so hard that I cry. May favorite cartoon ever! Wonderful!!
Glesnertod
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
pure, unadulterated joy!
Kelly Argyle
Oct 21, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
BORING AND THE OTHER SIDE EFFECTS OF CLIMATE IS THE BEST POSSIBLE FOR ME TO GO BACK TO

good morning baby and the middle east of your friends with her for the middle east of the country to get to sleep now and I'm going to get to the same thing happened in a mansion thesis on the same day and night at least you get to see how I feel bad that I'm a little more time with you guys are having to get it from the country in which you are not help but I will have the middle of nowhere else in my life wit
Erin
As a teenage I loved Calvin and Hobbes, and it's full of humor that can grow with you, so when I read this collection of comics (it was hard to find one I hadn't read!) I enjoyed them just as much now as I did when I was 13. I imagine that some of the jokes hit me in a little different way now, though. We get a lot of requests for Calvin and Hobbes at our Children's Desk, and just recently added the comic strips to our children's collection so we can stop sending these kids on a journey to the A ...more
Mark
Dec 10, 2015 added it
Shelves: calvin-hobbes, comics
This collects cartoons originally published between April 1991 and November 1992 and is made all the better by reproducing the Sunday strips in full colour. With his usual mix of humour and poignancy, Watterson has Calvin try to take on the world, thwarted by his parents, his age and his occasional bouts of extreme laziness. My highlights include the title panel (waiting to waterbomb Susie), “I’m home….”, Calvin twisted around (“oh wait, there’s my belly button…”), the flying car, Hobbes dreamin ...more
im bored and tired and need intertainment 5 38 May 12, 2012 11:02AM
  • Wiener Dog Art
  • FoxTrot Beyond a Doubt
  • The Night of the Mary Kay Commandos: A Bloom County Book
  • It's Obvious You Won't Survive by Your Wits Alone
Bill Watterson (born William Boyd Watterson II) is an American cartoonist, and the author of the comic strip "Calvin and Hobbes". His career as a syndicated cartoonist ran from 1985 to 1995; he stopped drawing "Calvin and Hobbes" at the end of 1995 with a short statement to newspaper editors and his fans that he felt he had achieved all he could in the comic strip medium. During the early years of ...more
More about Bill Watterson...

Calvin and Hobbes (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Calvin and Hobbes