Start by marking “MYTHS OF INDIA: GANESH FREE Issue 1 (MYTHS OF INDIA: GANESH FREE ISSUE: 1)” as Want to Read:
MYTHS OF INDIA: GANESH FREE Issue 1 (MYTHS OF INDIA: GANESH FREE ISSUE: 1)

MYTHS OF INDIA: GANESH FREE Issue 1 (MYTHS OF INDIA: GANESH FREE ISSUE: 1)

Read the inagural issue for FREE! Deepak Chopra presents the tales of the immortal gods and goddesses of Indian myth who reign over humanity and wield the forces of the Universe. For generations, all enterprises in India have been launched with an invocation of His name. He is called the Vinayak - God of Endeavors, Vighneshwar - the Remover of Obstacles. Perhaps the most a

Published February 3rd 2015 by Graphic India

To ask other readers questions about MYTHS OF INDIA, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about MYTHS OF INDIA

Chris
Very powerful.
Rheannon
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was an interesting telling of Ganesha's origins, but I was disappointed by the battle scenes. I understand that the way of Buddhism is peaceful, but it's a graphic novel and I expected a little more. We have a young boy defeating a centaur, an entire army of men, and challenging Shiva himself. Those could make some epic imagery, but alas each scene was but a panel. Luckily, it is free.
Lindsey Meyers
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully done

A divine comic book indeed! The writing and illustrations are on point for what it aims to do. I look forward to reading more.
DOUGLAS J BERRY
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fine myth.

This origin story for the God Ganesh is well done. A favorite of the Hindi religion and popular with those facing life's obstacles.
Buppulurigmail.com
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good

Great thanks again and it was a little bit ago and I don't know what you doing today and projects that are not allowed to the gym now I have no
Hardat Ramdath
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Modern Depiction of Story

I like the fact that this book has modern illustrations and even dialogue. The story is told well and evokes the feelings of Ganesha, in my point of view. I also like the Introduction, explaining the qualities of Ganesha and his significance in Hinduism. Overall, this is a nice comic book. Five stars.
Ken Messmer
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Timeless

Shorter than I would have liked but it was beautifully illustrated. It was a good read of a timeless story.
Chris
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5 Tells of the creation of Ganesh by Shiva. I assume that later issues expand on the myth.
Tony
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We need more of these

A beautiful story told in a delightfully rendered version. I will be sharing this with my grandchildren and hoping for more in the near future.
Alisha
Jul 16, 2015 rated it liked it
As someone already familiar with the story, I went through the pages without feeling impressed until the last page when it was tied together and it got me, right there. Seriously, I teared up.
Graeme Barley
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Mother's Love

A wonderful myth that bought tears to my eyes.
I recently lost my Mother and reading this was an healing experience.
Michelle
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This explains the origin of the Ganesha. Powerful read.
Bran Burne
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesomeness

Beautifully drawn. Great retelling of an important history. Easily read for a beginner, but grasping enough for a mature seeker.
Abagail Margo-Lynn Hickman
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wicked

Cool book loved the morbid and loving themes of the comic also loved the drawing style
Can't wait to read the other ones!!!
Ganapathy Narasimman
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not a great presentation but a good attempt

Does not suit the readers who have little knowledge about Hinduism. Narrative could have been a better option of presentation.
Oriole Nuipok
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I see

I want to understand the meaning. They touch me. Now many of my other studies make sense to me. Want to learn more
Walberto Zapata
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ganesh

This book is very helpful and informative when it comes to explaining how Ganesh came into being--- Remover of Obstacles.
Ash
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very Intresting

This is such a cool series. A very interesting illustration and retelling of old myths. Excited for the rest of them.
Allyson
rated it did not like it
Jul 31, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Ice Cream Man, Vol. 2: Strange Neapolitan
  • Anduin: Son of the Wolf
  • Venom: The Savage Six
  • Saltwater Witch (Saltwater Witch Comic #1)
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us (Digital Edition) #9
  • Eternity Girl
  • Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe #4
  • Carnage
  • Superior Spider-Man #1
  • Young Avengers #1
  • Lady Mechanika #0 (The Demon of Satan's Alley)
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 19: Death of a Goblin
  • The Living and the Dead
  • Nightborne: Twilight of Suramar
  • Kanan - The Last Padawan #2
  • Batman: White Knight #2
  • Y: The Last Man #2
Deepak Chopra, MD serves as the Founder and Chairman of The Chopra Foundation, and Co-Founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.

As a global leader and pioneer in the field of mind-body medicine, Chopra transforms the way the world views physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. Known as a prolific author of eighty books books with twenty-two New York Times best sellers in both