Start by marking “Brazen (Gilded, #3)” as Want to Read:
Brazen (Gilded, #3)

Brazen

(Gilded #3)

Sworn to an ancient god of darkness, Jae Hwa fights to gain her freedom and restore the balance of Korea… but first she must gain back the trust of her loved ones.

Jae Hwa Lee spent her sixteenth year in Seoul, trying to destroy the evil immortals who had been torturing her family for centuries. The last thing she expected was to be forced to become their assassin. Trapped
Published September 29th 2015 by Skyscape

Start your review of Brazen (Gilded, #3)
Alyssa

Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

Summary (from Goodreads):

Christina Farley
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Yes, as a matter of fact I have read this one. And I'm unashamedly bias in my star rating. ;-)
Caitlin L
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Super awesome! Unfortunately for you guys, you have to wait till the 8th of October for my full review! I'm in Christina's Blog Tour for BRAZEN! It's super awesome, you should check it out. Especially since there's this super awesome giveaway!
Elizabeth Emily Browne
I received the first two books in this series as ARC's from Netgalley and I liked them so much that I just had to find out what happened in the final battle. Especially after the end of book two. Don't get me wrong I also had to finish it because I've got this thing where I have to complete every series I start but...🙄ya'know, books.

Anyway, I digress. I enjoyed this series a lot more than I thought I would hence why I've put them off for a few months but once I got into it I really enjoyed hear
Di
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the conclusion of this trilogy. Though I thought book 2 wasn't as enjoyable as book 1, this one brought the excitement back to this series for me. I listened to a majority of this series on audiobook and I highly recommend the narrations especially if you're not familiar with the Korean language. I thought Greta Jung did a great job with the voices. Overall, I do recommend this series and will be looking forward to reading more from the author and hearing more of the narrator's ...more
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
I love Gilded and all (Silvern is my least favorite), but Brazen is either a tie or my favorite of the entire series.

The third and final book in the Gilded series takes off shortly after Silvern when Jae Hwa signs a contract with Kud, Lord of Darkness and Chaos, to leave behind her family and past life in exchange to save Marc's life. Unde
Rae Sontheyon
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fighting For Life Against All Odds. . .

This is the end to a great series and what an epic end it is! So if you haven't read Gilded or Silvern go and read them first before diving into this terrific book or you'll be lost. The action and adventure in this book continued to become crazier from the last book as Jae Hwa ventured into new lands all to destroy Kud. Sacrifice no matter the cost is a tricky thing and seeing how much the cost for Jae Hwa is really worth makes this book suspenseful to th
Claire
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the author for allowing me to be part of the blog tour and giving me a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. Copy also recieved by netgalley.

This series for me has been totally amazing Christina Farley does the most wonderful job of just capturing your heart and then wrecking it piece by brilliant piece, it is just heart wrenching but fabulous all at the same time. I’ve read all three books the last two weeks and I’m so in love with this everything about the world and t
Fizza
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting to read it as I loved book 2. It didn't disappoint me in the least. In fact I think it was even better than previous one. With exciting and thrilling story line and awesome characters, this book is a must read for all fantasy lovers.

In this installment we find Jae working for Kud and that doesn't seem good. But she has her reasons and in the end it is all for the greater good. Although things are not going to be easy this time, as she might not be able to get much outside hel
Take Me Away To A Great Read
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, young-adult
Brazen by Christina Farley
Gilded, #3
Skyscape
Release Date: September 29, 2015

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars

I would like to thank the author for providing me with a copy for review.

Christina has given an emotional, action packed, mythical world in this Gilded series. Brazen is no exception. Brazen is full of amazing world building. Christina builds these places so flawlessly that when Jae is in other worlds you can see what she is seeing or sense what she is sensing based on her amazing descriptions.
Lynndell
Thanks to NetGalley and Skyscape for the ARC of Brazen by Christina Farley! This is the third book in the Gilded series and it is just as exciting and full of action as the first two books. The ending is wonderful and reminds me of Never-Ending Story by Michael Ende. Marc and Jae Hwa are perfect protagonists!
Ashley Ferguson
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You can find this review (and more!) at The A P Book Club!

*I received an advanced copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

You guys. This series. I've been anxiously awaiting this conclusion to the Gilded series since I finished reading Silvern, and it did not disappoint. I mean, I loved the first two books - they're full of action, romance, mystery, mythology, friendship, and incredible world-building. But this book. This book is probably my favorite in this series!

Fir
Caroline Walker
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Before I start rambling on about the epicness of this book let me state this. This is the 3rd book in the series. I think it is possible to read this as a stand alone book BUT its is infinitely better if you start from book one and fully immerse yourself in this amazing world. Now with that being said let me put this review and drive and speed away into the sunset.

This book is based off of Korean mythology. I have had no prior experience with Korean mythology but its is amazing and graceful. All
Joe Frazier
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, ya, mythology
Many series authors talk about having the opportunity to pick up the pace a bit in later books in a series because they’ve already laid the foundation of the worlds and characters. Christina Farley has done this with a vengeance. From page 1, the ride is on nitro-power, afterburners aglow and rarely a breath before the end. It’s almost as if she’s saying “You want action? I’ll give you action!” Now don’t get me wrong, this isn’t dumbed-down action devoid of dialog, characters or continued world ...more
gio
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book through Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

I liked Brazen a bit more than Silvern. But considering that Silvern sufferred a bit from a typical "second book syndrome" I didn't expect to like Brazen. Mind you, I still think that this series had much more potential, but it's not a terrible trilogy.

The story was fast-paced (even too fast). I guess that my biggest problems with this book were two: the fact that I still don't feel anything for the characters and
Cinthia
Rochelle
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have
I received an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley for and honest review.

Full Review here:https://chocomeiske.wordpress.com/201...

The story begins with everyone thinking Jae Hwa is dead. She is not dead however but is trapped in the spirit world and forced to serving Kud, the very evil she wants to defeat. She now bears his mark in an effort to protect her loved ones and to save her homeland, Korea.

How will she able to convince Marc that she is on the side of good while bearing the mark of t
Simona Bartolotta
*I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

It isn't even worth a word. I am so sad it didn't work, and angry too. There was so much potential: in the plot and the mythology upon which it was based, in the characters -especially the two Kud's assassins here introduced and then dismissed as rubbish- and, generally speaking, in the whole story.

This last installment felt just as if it were written out of laziness. It lacks a strong protagonist, a compell
The conclusion of this series.

When all looked dark, I mean literally dark, after all she has signed over her life/being to be forever with the epitome of evil to protect her loved ones, will she be able to escape and ever be re-united in life or the next with her true love and will she lose what little humanity she has and be forever the slave to darkness and evil?

Plenty of adventures, betrayals, twists, and turns to keep you up late at night turning the pages to see what happens and how will it
Jordan
Aug 12, 2015 added it
From the beginning of this series, I fell in love with the rich Korean culture and myths that leapt off the pages and made reading magical again. The balance of light and dark, the lies, the danger, and suspense all culminate in an explosive and unexpected finale.

Shannon
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down! A fantastic mix of myth and reality that sucks you into the story. Jae Wae is a badass! A double black belt honor student who sacrifices everything she holds dear for the greater good of a country, the ultimate heroine. And an ending I did not see coming! The whole series is well worth a read, or two!!
MAYRA M FUENTES
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining

The series' setting is different, and so are the mythological characters. I like that there is a lot of action going on. Jae is a hero trying to prevent world domination by a Korean deity.
Jamison G.
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding!!Become very pleased to rad the book and want to read again.
Caerigna Lunaltii
Still like this unfamiliar mythos, and the author's voice, but this book in the series is a bit of a slog. Get yer wading boots, and plod on. The idea is good, the very Asian storytelling aspect of the protagonist basically losing for a good part (if not all of) their story is very clear, and going through this cosmically screwed aspect with the main character are all excellent reading fodder. The problem is that writing these things while maintaining any previous pace, and keeping a good flow g ...more
Ellen
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series was a fun one. I enjoyed the glimpse into South Korean symbols and history. The idea that dark forces were behind threats of war and disunity was interesting. However, I had a hard time seeing Jae Wa working as a dark assassin. The book got bogged down in endless "can we trust her" debates. I was interested enough to keep going and I will likely give the whole series another try in a few months.
Sonny
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I actually enjoyed this trilogy...granted the heroine got on my nerves on occasion. She was a combination of Supergirl and a frightened 16 year old....at odd times. But I really enjoyed the Korean mythology as the framework for the story.
Betty
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book two was the best of the trilogy. I was disappointed to discover that many of the supernatural characters were not real Korean mythology but fictional. Good character development through the series.
Mindy
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing conclusion to this series! Will definitely read more by Christina Farley. Wonderful writer!
Carol Edholm
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hard-softbound
Wow! The Koreas, good and evil gods, spirit world, and a single teen girl. Can she save the world? Fantastic read, kept me enthralled.
MaKuSu J Brannon
Butt kicking good of a read!

Great and intense. This book had mr on the edge the entire way through. Its a must read! However, the ending made me feel bad for her
« previous 1 3 next »

• Windburn (The Elemental Series, #4)
  • Breakwater (The Elemental Series, #2)
  • Rootbound (The Elemental Series, #5)
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
  • Firestorm (The Elemental Series, #3)
  • Sand (Sand, #1-5)
  • Absolutely Normal Chaos
  • Altered (Altered, #1)
  • The Tail of Emily Windsnap (Emily Windsnap, #1)
  • The Wanderer
  • Chasing Redbird
  • When Life Gives You Pears: The Healing Power of Family, Faith, and Funny People
  • The Bone Garden
  • The Beholder (The Beholder, #1)
  • Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox, #2)
  • Wrong in All the Right Ways
  • Dovetail
  • The Eye of Minds (The Mortality Doctrine, #1)
After teaching and traveling internationally for ten years, Christina started writing about her adventures, tossing in a little fiction for fun. This inspired her to write the Gilded series, a YA series based on Korean mythology, and THE PRINCESS & THE PAGE, a MG based on fairy tales.

Besides writing, Christina loves traveling, running, driving too fast, and eating dark chocolate.

Christina writes