Start by marking “Trail of Deceit” as Want to Read:
Trail of Deceit

Trail of Deceit

What was once a simple adventure is now a test of survival... Four college students set out to spend a holiday weekend hiking a section of the Appalachian Trail. Unfortunately, a fun filled trek turns to terror when a stranger brutally attacks them. Trying to escape the grips of death, the group is forced to veer from the main trail. Relationships are tested, lives are on ...more
Published February 3rd 2015 by Limitless Publishing LLC (first published January 23rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Trail of Deceit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trail of Deceit

Start your review of Trail of Deceit
Coco.V
May 31, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/31/2019)! 🎁
Danni
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I would love to see this turned into a film! The storyline was riveting from the opening chapter and it had a great mix of characters that I found myself both hating and cheering for. The plot is pretty straight forward but there is a lot of suspense which plays out really well as the storyline progresses.
Jeanie Loiacono
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Trail of Deceit makes you realize that what we take for granted—a nice hike in the woods on a beautiful day with friends—can turn into a wicked nightmare. John House did a jam-up job in convincing me to be prepared for anything next time I go into the woods. Bravo! (And I LOVED the ending!)
— CJ Loiacono
Dana Ridenour
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dr. House’s book, Trail of Deceit, kept me captivated from the first page to the last. A fast paced read with lots of twists and turns along the way. I didn’t want to put the book down. This well written, fast paced thriller would make a great movie.
RedRedtheycallmeRed
Apr 29, 2016 rated it liked it
H.W. Bernard
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
TRAIL OF DECEIT, a drama set on the Appalachian Trail, has more twists and turns and switchbacks than the trail itself. Dr. John House propels this page-turner forward with crisp, evocative writing and short chapters supporting numerous scene changes. The book starts out as a seemingly clichéd tale--four college-age kids out to hike a section of the trail find themselves stalked by a killer--but ends up as anything but. In fact, like me, you may actually find yourself rooting for the "bad" guy b ...more
Annastew1144hotmail.com
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a real page turner! The great thing about tRail Of Deceit is the pacing. Switching between action and suspense there is never a dull moment as the plot progresses. The characters are well rounded and their personilities distinct which helps give the reader a real insight into how each one feels. I'm hoping there will be another book like this from John House in the coming future.BV394
Peter
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
A new book and a new author for me. It took me a little while to get into the story as there is quite a bit to absorb across the opening chapters but once I got into it I really enjoyed how it progressed. There were a few red herrings to keep the readers questioning the outcome but the ending was excellent.
Lorraine Carter
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
A well written and commending thriller there isn't much I can add to the other reviews on here without becoming repetitive. In short, a superb narrative with a powerful ending that was worth waiting for. I now have author John House on my watch list and am looking forward to reading his future release.
Simon
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining with a powerful storyline I quickly got into the characters and found them very believable. Whilst I can't say it is wholly original(There have been books and blockbuster movies with similar themes)the writing was excellent and plot was flawless. This would also make a greta movie!
Diane
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I found Trail Of Deceit to be tense and suspenseful whilst the writing was first class. It had plenty of unexpected plot twists to keep my attention and I really felt myself being drawn into the evolving drama as it unfolded.
Linda Younger
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good read

It was a slow read for me at first but then after a few chapters I found it was hard to put it down. I wish there was more for the ending but I guess it had to stop somewhere.
Jean Webb Oakes
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Very intense from beginning to the end. Would make a great movie!
Debbie Brown
May 04, 2016

• Terror on the Mountain: Murders in Mexico
  • Kind Lies
  • Dead Moon
  • Amygdala (Bona Dea Book 2)
  • Transmission (The Invasion Chronicles, #1)
  • Arrival (The Invasion Chronicles, #2)
  • Ascent (The Invasion Chronicles, #3)
  • A Tiny House on Wheels
  • Across Enemy Space
  • Twilights in Colorado (Colorado Crazy, #4)
  • Peace Force (Harriet Walsh, #1)
  • Harvester 7
  • Marker Stone (Through the Fold #1)
  • Love, Home At Last
  • Deadly Pursuit (Deadly #1)
  • First Love (Young Guns #7)
  • Midnights in Colorado (Colorado Crazy, #3)
  • The Decline
John C. House, MD, creates his novels from his vast and varied experiences in life. He is actively involved in family medicine and previously spent time in sports, prison, and urgent care medicine. He has traveled extensively, including mission trips to Belize, and has sailed and scuba dived in the Virgin Islands, Bahamas, and Belize.

To relieve the stress of a busy medical practice, he spent weeke