Start by marking “Hidden (Hidden #1)” as Want to Read:
Hidden (Hidden #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Hidden

(Hidden #1)

Sixteen-year-old Leah Grant has given up on being normal. She’d settle for stopping the voices in her head, intrusive visions of the future, and better odds of making it to her seventeenth birthday.
That’s the thing about pretending to be human in a world where magic used to exist – at any moment, her cover could be blown and she’ll be burned to death like the rest of the w
ebook
Published February 14th 2015 by M. Lathan (first published November 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden, please sign up.
Sidney Yes, it has relationships that grow throughout the book.

Dorian
Oct 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-ebooks
Leah has grown up in a Catholic orphanage, where her peers all bully her relentlessly and the nuns teach them all about how the witches and their evil powers were destroyed. But Leah has powers. She must be the last of the witches, she thinks, and therefore evil. She prays, desperately and daily, that she will not use her powers to harm her bullies. And then one day she gets too close to the edge...and a strange woman in a flash of light appears and takes her away.

And that's where things begin t
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

DNF at 9% or Chapter 3.

This certainly isn’t the worst freebie I’ve read, but there’s only so much emo angsty teenaged crap I can deal with. The massive amounts of abuses that marked the 9% I read along with Sophia’s total ignoring of it and refusal to do anything (although she’d been watching Leah/Christine TWO YEARS) was too much.

I gave Harry Potter a LOT of flak for the Dursleys’ abuse of Harry and Dumbledore doing nothing about it; here I daresay it is FAR WORSE.

And can we get a
Jacob Proffitt
This ended up better than I expected. It's a bit teeny-angsty but it at least has the virtue of setting itself a situation that warrants the emotional rollercoaster. There were some elements that simply don't work(view spoiler), but that can be excused as part of the genre if you want to cut it a break. Surprisingly, I didn't mind doing so. I'm not sure if I'll pursue the series (it is certainly setup ...more
Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm†
*Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

FIVE MAGICALLY HIDDEN STARS

This book was the epitome of AMAZING. It flowed so good, and the development/pace was good. From the first page onwards, I was captivated.

I was hypnotized.

AND I LOVE IT! :d

Ms. Lathan created a wonderful world. It was an emotional ride to be honest. I felt it for Leah/Christine...It sucked with what she went through, the self loathing, the bullying. I loved how true it was, but it still heart to read it, knowing
Kay
Jun 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hidden is a very interesting paranormal young adult novel that has a shaky start but picks up and has some unique qualities, making it a nice refresher from the norm. It's a fun enjoyable read with some great OMG moments.

(Although I sound a little harsh about the beginning of this book, I want you to know that it gets better and I really did enjoy reading it.) Now I’m going to be completely honest, this book was kind of a drag at first and a little confusing. I wasn’t a fan of the main character
Selena Yukino (The Lioness: hear me roar)
This cheesy ass romance made Twilight's romance look serious and compassionate, and that's saying something. Leah and Nathan's relationship was so goddamn gushy and cheesy...I found myself grinding my teeth every moment they walk into the same room together. You know how people say "Loyalty knows no boundaries when it comes to love..." or something like that. Anyways that's a load of shit when it comes to the Hunters apparently. He dumped her ass quick, and Leah's just trying to explain but Nath ...more
Jess
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this... and for the most part I really did, I guess - I mean shit, I finished it, right? It was just.... okay though. The relationship between Christine and Nate, I just couldn't take it. I hate insta-romance, and I LOATHE when couples call each other "babe" every sentence. While I liked the overall idea of the plot, I just don't think it exceeded my expectations at all. It wasn't awful, but at the same time I just feel so meh about it. I don't see myself finishing the series.
Erth
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bravo! A good fast read! now i am hooked. This was such a great, easy and creative book. i was hooked after the first page.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. the author made the mental visions so easy and vivid of the surroundings and the characters actions felt so real.

i would highly recommend this author and this book.
Melinda Howard
Really great book. I loved the plot twists and the realistic and in depth characters that were easy to connect to.
Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)
From http://readingandwritingurbanfantasy....

At A Glance
I was drawn in right from the beginning with all the mystery, and my eyes wouldn't leave the page as I was shocked by the many reveals. Hidden is an exciting read.

The Good
Many may say the beginning was slow and confusing but I thought it was perfect. I literally had to pry myself away from this book just so I could tell people how much I was loving it. I loved the world Lathan created. Leah (who will become Christine as the story goes on)
Sheena Boekweg
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic.

This book had a depth of history, and an ultra-lush magical world that was just surprising, and SMART. Leah thought she was evil because she could use magic. The psychological impact of her life was so thoughtful, and disturbing, and that was just the first chapter! I loved this one early on. It broke my heart, and then healed me as Leah/Chistine healed.

The romance was both sweet and blush inducing. The dialog between Nathan and Christie was just SO honest, and felt like friendship. I
Flamingcrystal Flamingcrystal
The story is about Leah aka Christine who was left at the orphanage as a baby. She was different than all the other girls at the orphanage. They called the orphanage a boarding school. She was bullied by the girls from the orphanage. Christine was an outcast, she felt insecure and she hated herself. Christine has powers and believes that she is a witch. The nuns at the orphanage told Christine that magic is evil and someone practising magic doesn’t have a soul, therefore Christine believes that ...more
bookish.lifestyle
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
I'm not even completely sure what I just read. The story line had so much potential but I was so disappointed! First of all, the mean girls, such a cliche. I feel like every book I read like this always has the main character as some shy, helpless girl who "finds herself" and returns powerful and confident. Why can't she be normal or even popular? Be original people. Second of all, while Leah/Christine complains about her mother being so over-dramatic when it comes to love, yet she was the exact ...more
Nicole Storey
I loved the beginning of this book. I was in Leah's corner in the orphanage, wanted her OUT, wanted her to stand up for herself... And then she got out and went to live in a house full of horny teenagers and went from, "I've never had any friends and have NO idea how to behave around them..." to "Let me rip my clothes off and take Nate on the rug, the couch, in the pool..."
Seriously? The girl could barely SPEAK to other kids her age a week before!
The childish, over-dramatic "romance" cancelled o
Nahnita
I liked the idea but it dragged. The ending was good and leaves it open for a follow up book.
Booksare4ever
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Rachel Carrington
This book...this series...is incredibly addictive. I was pulled in from the start with Christine/Leah's story. Being trapped in a school with bullies, she has more magic than she knows what to do with, and yet, she doesn't use it against them. Her life changes in an instant when rage takes over, and she finds herself in a whole new world, one where magic isn't the enemy.

The story is fast-paced, and though there is a quick beginning to the teenage love story, I didn't find it distracting at all.
Angela
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leah was left at a school where no one likes her. She feels alone and often has thoughts of killing the other students who bully her. Unexpectedly a strange woman helps her get away. All of a sudden she's asking herself about her family, the new people surrounding her, and if her new fortune is real. Will Sophie help her figure out who she is and where she belongs or is she forever doomed to hide from the world?
Shayna Varadeaux
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Leah is a girl convinced that she is an abomination. She lives in a world where the paranormal tried to overthrow the humans and lost. At least that is what she has been told at the orphanage slash catholic school she has been at since her parents died. They have indoctrinated the children with their version of good and evil and what happened in their recent history.

Leah is full of loathing for herself. She keeps away from ot
Ashley Thomas
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

This was such a wonderful read. I just wish I had the rest of the books!!! I really loved the way the story came together. Little by little. Another author to add to my reading list.
Cassie Leach
Hm.

It had me interested....riiiiiight up until she told Nate who she was. Then it was a jumbled mess and I found myself skipping entire pages. Didn't finish it. Maybe I will some day.
3 stars because it held my attention for 1/2 the book at least.
lerae andree
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed very much

Nice read! Interesting plot that keeps you hooked with plenty of twist that keep you intensely occupied. I recommend this be made a movie.
Rachel
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Enjoyable start to the series, with a main character I loved. Interesting twist on magic systems. Will hopefully be continuing the series!

- Rachel
Christine Bishop
Definitely enjoyed reading!

I enjoyed reading Leah/Christine's story. I can not wait to read the rest of the Hidden series. 5 star read!
Christina
If I could give it half stars it would be 2.5. It was an easy ready, moving on to the second book to see if it gets better.
Dylanne Enough
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME BOOK!
Kar Achondo
description
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review as a part of the blog tour.

Okay… this review is going to be a tough one. It’s SO hard to explain this book without spoilers that I don’t even know if I’ll be able to tell you much of anything… I’ve been trying and trying to write and rewrite this thing for over an hour, so here it goes my best attempt.

Hidden is the story of a sixteen-year-old girl living at St. Catalina Orphanage since her parents died on a terrible war. She’s
Chloe
Jun 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy, must-read
For More Reviews Visit Coco's Bookish Adventures: http://www.cocosbookishadventures.blo...
Review:

The Story

You know when you happen upon a book and it's so good that your like"Why haven't I heard of book before now?! Why due to this crazy and horrible universe have I not read this before now? And why am I not in the street shoving my Kindle in peoples faces, threatening to set them on fire if they don't read it!". Oh, probably because I'd be committed if I did. Anyway, the rest is still true, th
Marked By Books
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's not very often that a book surprises me. When I read, my mind is always working to try to decide what's going to happen next and unraveling every mystery, no matter how small. I thought I had this book figured out. I was wrong.

This was a crafty little book (though "little" is probably not a very appropriate word to use for it). It made me think that I knew what was going on by luring me into a false sense of security, and then BAM! It turned my whole world upside down. This didn't just happ
Fahima M (Hitch Theory)
For more book reviews, check out I Read, Ergo I Write

Girl who doesn't know herself? Check.
Friends who make a crazy bunch? Check.
Open enemies? Check.
Hidden enemies? Check.
Mysterious, obscure magic? Check.
Adorable guy who falls for girl in best possible way? Check.
Long lost family? Check.

Seriously, what more do you need? That reads like the recipe for an awesome work of fiction. Which this work is.

Leah Grant aka Christine Grant aka Christine Gavin (Dont ask. It's complicated) was left as a baby at
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Addicted to Novel...: Hidden by M. Lathan 1 6 May 30, 2013 03:17PM

• Everwild (The Healer #1)
  • Unbound (All Good Things #1)
  • Sun Poisoned (Sunshine #2)
  • Empath (The Empath Trilogy, #1)
  • Reign of Ice (Forever Fae, #4)
  • Frost Fire (Tortured Elements, #1)
  • Cornerstone (Souls of the Stones, #1)
  • The Reason Series: Complete Collection (Reason, #1-4)
  • Survival (The Guardians of Vesturon, #1)
  • The Shield Prophecy (The Sacred Guardians, #3)
  • True Fate (True Fate #1)
  • When I’m With You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #3)
  • Unreap My Heart (The Reaper Series #2)
  • A Date of Godlike Proportions (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2.5)
  • Taking Angels
  • Mutilate My Heart (Mutilated, #1)
  • Uniquely Unwelcome (The Shadow World, #1)
  • Entanglement

Hidden (4 books)
  • Lost (Hidden, #2)
  • Shattered (Hidden, #3)
  • Awakened (Hidden #4)
“Christine and I are together,” he blurted out. “I love her. Please don’t hurt me.” 7 likes
“He’s a boy. The male species reacts incorrectly ninety-nine percent of the time.” 5 likes