Start by marking “Spark (Fire on the Mountain, #1)” as Want to Read:
Spark (Fire on the Mountain, #1)

Spark

(Fire on the Mountain #1)

I’m failing.
My younger brother is getting worse, and my job - my duty - is to help him at all costs. We’ve tried everything modern medicine has to offer and nothing works.
Nothing.
Deciding to turn to unconventional treatments, we end up at Fire-on-the-Mountain, a holistic resort deep in the Rockies.
In our search for medical marijuana, I find beautiful, free-spirited Hud
Published April 20th 2015 (first published April 19th 2015)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

TITLE: Spark
AUTHOR: Erin Noelle
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: April 19th 2015
MY RATING: ★★★★

Is it wrong to be crushing on the cover?? This is really easy to get into, hot cover, hot guy, what more could a girl ask for!!

TOKE | HOLD IN | AND RELEASE | AHHHHHHH

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

light hearted, sad, well rounded characters, loved the unique story line, the easy flow of the story, recreational and medical marijuana usage, so nuns yes this is a slightly taboo topic so best you move along!!

You could literal
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

#Aspark1

Spark by Erin Noelle is a poignant, emotional, moving, endearing story that centers on family, life, death, illness, love, remorse and second chances. In this eloquent and gripping tale, Ms. Noelle allows her readers to be engrossed on the emotional toll and burdens of an illness that debilitates a young boy from living. In a family's quest for alternative medicine, it leads a young man rediscovering a spark within himself. A
Victoria Ashley
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A heartbreakingly, beautiful love story that ripped my heart out and pieced it back together again... numerous times.

photo Spark cover_zpskxgvtrrd.png

I absolutely without a doubt LOVED Spark! I read it in one day and couldn't put it down longer than ten minutes at a time. Crew stole my heart from the very beginning. Seeing how much he cared for Caleb allowed me to quickly care for him and I just knew from the very first chapter that I'd be lost to him... and I was.

Crew and his mother have been dealing with his sick, 15 year ol
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
 description ......

Heartbreaking and perfect, I couldn't put it down. LOVED THIS SO, SO MUCH.
SimplyƝì₭
May 26, 2015 rated it liked it

#NEWLOVE this was my first Noelle book. I found her writing to be fresh, quick and easy to follow. I enjoyed the story line quite a bit actually it something new. But I wanted and needed a bit more SEX, passion and romance to hold me. The pot growing virgin was ok for the first 75 pages then it annoyed me. But I was patient and the story unfolded. I did not like the HEA.

In the end I would recommend this book, there is plenty of entertainment value.
Paula
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it

4 doobie stars ;)

This is my first book by Erin Noelle and won't be my last. Erin Noelle not only can write a great book, but I can tell she's one hip lady by the music she mentions in the book (Trampled by Turtles and Ween!!!) - and her knowledge of other...stuff. I've been to Breckenridge, CO before and I love that place. It's one of my favorite mountains to visit. So it was nice read a book based in that area.

Anyway, I digress.

The best word I can use to describe this book would be ‘addictive
Southern Sky
Mar 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
Disgusting. Oh well he broke up with her so it wasn't cheating, bullcrap. He did this just to hurt her and it's so disgusting that this author wrote this and I will never read another one from her. Shame on you for making this great story a sick, twisted teenage boy fantasy. I hate storylines like this and I feel like that's time I wasted and will never get back. Dear authors, if you can't come up with something original, don't write. It kills me because she had an original idea and she had to g ...more
Dilek VT
Jun 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
I didn't like this book.

My reasons:

1. I found it kind of boring
2. Their emotions didn't feel like real, I couldn't feel their spark nor later their so-called love
3. I didn't like the joint sessions, everyone getting stoned although the weeds were also used for medical purposes in the book
4. I hate cheating as*hole heroes who act like shit towards the heroine just because they are in pain
5. I get pissed when the heroines forgive the cheating heroes

So... long story short, that wasn't for my taste.
Laci
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Book Boyfriend Series is one of my all time favorites, so was nervous going into a new book, cause who wants to give a bad review to an author that wrote their favorite series, no one. Luckly for me I don't have to worry about it. I quite enjoy this story. It was a touching story with well developed characters and overall easy flow. Great Read!
Toski Covey
Have you ever met someone and immediately know that there is just something there? An instant connection or spark? One you have never felt before and one you more than likely will never feel again because that spark is the kind that sets your entire world on fire?

When I heard about Spark- I wasn't sure what to make of it. Honestly, I knew it was going to be controversial and had something to do with marijuana and I assumed I might not connect to this subject- as I know little about it.

That's wh
Red Cheeks Reads
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is my very first Erin Noelle book that I have read all on her own. I did happen to read another title by her and SE Hall that I greatly enjoyed but I honestly didn't know what to expect going into Spark except for that the amazing cover so freaking smoking hot. Whew. I absolutely love it. The beanie, the fire, the smoke...well it just made me really happy. ;) I am so glad that I decided to give this one a try based on that sexy as all get out cover because I really enjoyed it.

"You should n
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Hmmm....

May contain spoilers!!!!!!!

I see a lot of people really liked this, but I just didn't connect with the characters. Maybe you have to be a pot smoker? No, probably not.

I liked Caleb. He was funny and didn't let his illness bring him down. It sucks such a good kid had to deal with that crap.

Hudson...I liked her name and her for the most part. Her parents were interesting. I never understand "hippie" parents and there need to not conform or whatever by being called mom and dad. Anyway I n
Rachel
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FIVE stars --- Noelle really shows her breadth as a writer in Spark––funny, sexy, sad, witty and poignant––all in exactly the right places. Set among the grandeur of the Colorado mountains and caught in the middle of legalized marijuana, skin bunnies and hipsters, Spark is not only a story about young love, but conviction, strength, and the meaning of family.

I LOVED this book and it was a definite departure from my regular reads. I wanted to move to the mountains and stay at the FIRE on the MOU
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
DNF at 60% - fortunately, while coming across some reviews as I was reading Spark, some disclosed spoilers (view spoiler) That kind of killed the experience for me when I saw the signs as the story progressed and lost interest. Also, I do not care for weak heroines, which Hudson clearly was. Disappointed that the story took a turn for the worse from being an otherwise enjoyable read.
Kate's Corner

photo Spark_zpsif9n7b2z.jpg

Spark isn’t for everyone. It contains cheating, death and the medical use of cannabis. Which for me in some cases really pushed me out of my comfort zone as I personally a very long time ago only had friends that used it in a recreational capacity and that wasn’t good.

What was important to me was that one of the characters involved had an unusual illness. As someone who has epilepsy let me tell you that I am lucky in that respect. I kind lead a relatively normal laugh without waiting for it
Sarah Robinson
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC provided in exchange for honest editorial review with permission to reprint and share. Spoiler free.

I think when Erin Noelle starts writing, she picks the most taboo topic she can think of and runs with it. No one can make forbidden seem mandatory like Erin Noelle can.

And I love it!

photo 11519952_zpsmyfwecww.gif

Overall, this story made me feel a mixture of emotions that spans the entire spectrum, and continued to throw me for a loop the entire time. I usually figure out how a story will play out within the first fe
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
I actually cried for the characters in this book!

REVIEWER'S NOTE: Whenever I read fiction books, though I know they're not real, I always see their potential to be real. I say "Oh, this can happen in real life."... Well, this book's dilemma could definitely happen in real life! I'm a nurse, so I know just how serious Epilepsy could be. I have personally witnessed attacks like this before and it's not pretty. Now, for this book to describe just how the family truly cared for Caleb (the boy with t
Sammy ⭐️
Apr 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, 3-star
3 Stars

Well that was a bit of a roller coaster.

Crew has become the man of the house, taking on a whole load of responsibility since his family found out his brother Caleb had epilepsy. After trying every medication to help control the seizures they find themselves clutching at straws. The only thing left is medicinal Marijuana, forcing a move to Colorado.

Hudson has grown up in a world of tranquility. Her family being the main growers and distributors of the town Medicinal Marijuana. Living a s
Natasha
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I first emailed Erin it was to talk about MILF, her other 5 star book that I loved. I wanted to ask questions about her next story, which I thought was Puma, was I wrong. She started talking to me about her book Spark. I was kind of confused. She said it’s about medical marijuana. I was a little torn, since I didn’t know much about anything she was telling me. I was on the fence, I wasn’t sure. Well let me say this I. Was. Wrong. Not only did I fall in love with this, but it sent my heart i ...more
Ashley Suzanne
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just finished the latest (well, soon to be published) Erin Noelle novel

I won't lie ... I was really nervous.  I haven't been able to get into ANY book for like 3-4 weeks ... not a single one.  I've tried.  And then there's the issue of how much I loved Surviving Us and MILF both by Erin Noelle and I wasn't sure she would top those two ...

SHE FREAKING DID!!!!!

Spark was WONDERFUL ... the characters were REAL ... the conflict was REAL ... OMG .. it was just .. PERFECT in every sense of the wor
dreamerinexile
Spark! Burn! Maybe rekindles 5 splendid sparkly stars

This was my first encounter with Erin and I am going to say that I'm in love with her writing. After seeing the trailer which brought me to tears I was sure this would be an UGLY CRY book and let me tell you that I love UGLY CRIES.

The prologue had me screaming OH MY FEELS just 3-4 pages into the book and I was sure I would not survive with my heart intact. And I was correct. With her words and her beautiful characters and their quirks Erin has
Nicole
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: really-good
will Definitely read the others in this series
Toni FGMAMTC
Apr 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult, family, sweet
I wanted to read this because I thought it would be unique with the weed angle. I'm not really caught up in the marijuana debate so I'm not even going to touch that. I will say that if someone is strongly anti-marijuana this probably isn't a story for you. There is both medical and recreational usage and talk throughout the story. The author also has note at the end with discussion on the topic.

Crew is newly graduated. He's the oldest son and lives with his single mom and brother. His brother, C
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*****5 Cranky Stars *****

Heart ripper! Anyone that’s ever read Erin Noelle’s work will know what I’m talking about. This book has put me into a serious book hangover. There are no words for this coma inducing wild ride, except to say: grab it!

Our main female lead, Hudson, comes from a large family in Colorado where the green of money is made through selling legalized marijuana. Peace-loving hippies, they aim to be the perfect operation.

Enter Crew: a player and troublemaker. He moves to Colorado
Jackie's Book Review
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
There's nothing in the world like the SPARK you get from that one person who gives you that feeling and at the same time leaves you breathless and enamored.

For Crew Elliot the person who gives him the SPARK is Hudson Shavelle. Crew and his mother Mary and younger brother Caleb set on journey to help improve Caleb's health. Hudson is a natural healer who loves to do nothing more than to help heal the body and soul. She is Hudson the Hipster. Crew is your typical Texas boy, southern drawl with the
Angie
I really enjoyed this book. It was such a fresh take on a typical NA story. Noelle kept me absorbed from beginning to end.

Crew recently moved to Breckenridge with his mother and younger brother, Caleb, who has epilepsy. After many forms of treatment they're ready to explore the use of marijuana to reduce Caleb's pain. They've come to the right place. They're staying at Fire on the Mountain resort run by Hudson's family. Hudson, herself, specializes in growing marijuana and she helps Caleb and hi
Mrs. Booklover
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Erin Noelle book and I wasn't disappointed in the least bit! I've never read a story with this type of plot line but I really enjoyed it. Erin balanced the seriousness Crew and Caleb's situation with super hot scenes between Crew and Caleb. Spark sucked me in from the first chapter, and left me wanting more...which is great since this is the first in the Fire on the Mountain series!
Habiba
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!
Goodreads Reviewe...: Just a Burnout 1 10 Jan 01, 2017 10:01PM
  • Heartwood (Carved Hearts, #3)
  • The Twenty-One (Emerald Cove #2)
  • Accidental Alpha (A is for Alpha Male #3)
  • Shallow
  • Drifting into Darkness (Drifting, #1)
  • Twisted Magic (Raven's Cove #1)
  • Kismet (Kismet, #1)
  • Yours Always
  • Tug (Irreparable, #3)
  • Losing Her (His, #2)
  • Circle of Dreams (The Quytel Series Book 1)
  • Island Chaptal and the Ancient Aliens' Treasure (Spotless, #5)
  • Pretty Remedy (Finally Found, #2)
  • Black Rain (Let it Rain, #1)
  • Raven (Fight or Flight, #1)
  • Save Me from Me (Timing is Everything, #3)
  • Revere (Cross + Catherine #2; Legacy Novels)
  • Anchor (Wake, #3)
Erin Noelle is a Texas native, where she lives with her husband, two daughters, and three fur babies. When she's not reading or writing romance novels, she enjoys winning at cards and board games, awkward people-watching in public places, and doing cartwheels at the most random times. She's usually barefoot, is never without a song in her head, and currently holds the title of World's Best Procras ...more

Fire on the Mountain (3 books)
  • Flame (Fire on The Mountain, #2)
  • Ember (Fire on the Mountain, #3)
“Some things in life are purely unexplainable, no rhyme or reason, completely unforeseen and unexpected. Call it fate, call it destiny, call it whatever the hell you want; sometimes crazy shit just happens. Simple as that.” 2 likes
“look. “She’s an old soul. There’s nothing shallow with Hudson. Everything she does, everything she feels, she does it bone-deep, from the heart. Even” 1 likes