Start by marking “Politologie” as Want to Read:
Politologie

Politologie

Paperback, 3rd, 537 pages
Published 2008 by Aleš Čeněk (first published April 23rd 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Politologie, please sign up.
Alex electoral system in tanzania? YOU VOTE YOU DIE

Start your review of Politologie
Vikas Lather
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my many resentments about Goodreads is that it does not have sufficient number of active users who are interested in non-fictional material (political science in particular). Dostoevsky fans can discover on Goodreads, sooner or later, recommendation to read Huxley or Dickens but it's hard for an admirer of Arundhati Roy to discover Slavoj Zizek or Noam Chomsky in similar fashion.

It is understandable, in some sense, as theoretical stuff is generally considered as boring and dry, so
Salo kaladze
Sep 20, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One word-horrible
Abdifatah
The most interesting parts for me were the sections on ideologies, it works as a sort of primer for debates you're likely to see when embarking on some sort of political understanding. So in that sense what you gain from this is a framing for political issues through the presentation of varying opinions on a wide range of phenomena. Yet still most of the discussion circles around very mainstream discourse, which is the books chief flaw, for instance; there's no mention of sortition democracy ...more
Marc Chéhab
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some people here complain about the writing style of Heywood, which I don't see. As a textbook it may be boring, so if your professor made you go through it cover to cover, that's her or his fault and that way this book will kill you!

During my BA and MA I used it more as a first introductory step to research or writing essays. That way you don't forget anything. So an essay on, e.g., federalism, I'd read the chapter on decentralisation (and only that) and then take it from there.

So I use it
Elie
This was a slog. Thorough, to be sure, but I had to put it down because I literally could not keep my eyes open on numerous occasions. Plus it is full of typos and other errors. All told - a frustrating read and I wouldn't recommend it, there must be other good introductory politics textbooks out there.
Cengiz
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great work that I can recommend to the students who are studying at political science dep.
The author must have paid a great deal of effort in producing such a unique work.
Lynn Beyrouthy
This was the textbook we used during my introduction to political science class in fall 2014, and even though the writing style of Heywood is boring, it was never required of a university textbook to be 'satisfying' from a stylistic point of view.
I will definitely come back to this book on various occasions in the years to come, if you're interested in politics this is a good introductory guide.
Nick
Jun 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found couple mistakes.First big one-''Serbs occupy Kosovo 1999''. How can be posibble when Kosovo was a part of Serbia in 1999.How can one country occupy their own teritory.For me (graduated political scientist)this book is shallow,weak ...I am not sure book was a part of any academic program.
Burak Taşcı
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trabzon'dan ayrılırken yanında çalıştığım kitapçı istediğim bir kitabı hediye edeceğini söylediğinde bu kitabı seçmiştim. Tanıl Bora'nın Cereyanlar kitabı ile birlikte okumak için yanıp tutuştuğum, beni heyecanlandıran siyasete dair iki kitaptan biriydi Heywood'un Siyaset'i. Başlayıp sonuna kadar araya başka kitap sokmaksızın okuduğum bir kitap olmadı. Aralıklarla, düzensiz bir şekilde okuyarak nihayet bitirdim. Okuyunca da tatmin oldum diyebilirim. Modern siyaseti anlayabilmek için iyi bir ...more
Pooja Banga
"Politics" is a new kind of politics textbook. Stimulating, succinct and accessible, it offers a truly comprehensive introduction to the study of politics, written from an international perspective. This second edition takes full account of new developments such as debates about globalization, the impact of the mass media, and the shift from government to governance. It also includes new boxed material on major thinkers and key concepts.
Zanela Denise
Thanks for making me suffer.
Mahdi Sharifi
واسه افرادی که میخوان اصطلاحات سیاسی و خلاصه ای از موضوعات مختلف سیاسی رو بدونن کتاب مفیدیه.
Keso Gagoshidze
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science
საინტერესო ყოფილა პოლიტიკა :დ
Adam Lam
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Introductory political science books are rare, and Heywoods fills the niche effectively. Such books are rare because most political science students don't use a textbook - they begin their studies with a lecture series accompanied by papers in political philosophy. While this approach provides thoroughness and rigour, it lacks the concision and accessibility provided by intro textbooks such as Heywoods's.

For a political science student looking to supplement their classes (or a non-specialist
Nouf
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference-books
One of the greatest books that help you to understand politics, I 've never finished it although I always use it as my reference book when I was taking my course in political science. It's really HELPFUL ..LOVE IT :)

Aqwer
هغعهغعهعغعغ
Mustafa Aqeli
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
کتاب هی وود را بهترین کتاب در زمینه ی سیاست یافتم. آنانی که می خواهند بیشتر سیاست بفهمند، باید این کتاب را از چشم دور ندارند واز خوبی های آن بهره مند شوند.
Mustafa Aqeli
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
بهترین کتابی است که در زمینه ی سیاست نوشته شده است. باور دارم از خواندن اش بهره ها خواهید برد.
Mehmet
Sep 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Siyaset, Uluslararası İlişkiler, İktisat öğrencileri
Shelves: sahibim-sahiptim
Siyaset ve benzer alanlardaki öğrenciler için okuması kolay bir özet.
Alberto
Ali Bizhan
Nov 17, 2013
Yelp!
Oct 04, 2017

• The Globalization of World Politics: An Introduction to International Relations
  • Understanding International Relations
  • The Art of God of War
  • What Is Politics?: The Activity and Its Study
  • Postwar: A History of Europe Since 1945
  • Maailmanpolitiikka: Teoria ja todellisuus
  • Small Places, Large Issues: An Introduction to Social and Cultural Anthropology (Anthropology, Culture and Society)
  • The Witcher Library Edition Volume 1
  • The Secret Lives of Color
  • Politika Bilimine Giriş
  • The Playboy of the Western World
  • The Complete Short Stories
  • The Girls of Slender Means
  • Star Wars: Lando
  • Moominvalley in November (The Moomins, #9)
  • Ehkä tänä kesänä kaikki muuttuu
  • Eduskunta: Ystäviä ja vihamiehiä
  • Capitalist Realism: Is There No Alternative?
Andrew Heywood is the leading writer of politics textbooks in the UK, and an AS and A Level Chief Examiner in Government and Politics. He was Vice Principal of Croydon College and had previously been Director of Studies at Orpington College. He has had over 20 years experience as a Head of Politics and a politics lecturer. Andrew Heywood currently works as a freelance author and consultant.