Start by marking “Property Of” as Want to Read:
Property Of

Property Of

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  2,543 Ratings  ·  288 Reviews
“Life imitates art far more than art imitates Life.” ― Oscar Wilde

Author Nicola Royse dreamed of Scottish Highlanders as a teen then wrote about them as an adult. Always looking but never finding her own White Knight, she still held out hope that he would one day ride up on his trusty steed. He rode up all right, on a silver Harley with heat in his eyes and a detective's b
Published April 21st 2015 (first published April 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Property Of, please sign up.
C.P. Smith No link yet. I'll post it as soon as I have one!

Lisa
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, for-review

4.5 “Detective Drop Dead Delicious” Stars!

“After all, what could happen while plotting fiction?”

description

Property Of is the newest stand-alone romance by author C.P. Smith. I am a huge fan of this author and this is a book that I was very much highly anticipating. I was not disappointed in the least! This author has penned yet another wonderfully entertaining and suspense-filled book where our growly and over-protective hero meets his match in a sassy and adorably clumsy heroine.

Gone are the take-
Pam
4 (5 for Dallas) stars
“Of all the coffee joints , in all the towns, in all the world, he walks into mine…,”

My name is Nicola Grace Royse— though I write under the pen name Grace Martin— and I’m a romance novelist slash romance junkie slash eternal believer that love conquers all.

So caught up in the world she creates, where men are men, Men who are fearless, handsome, great between the sheets, love their women with all their hearts, and take care of them or die trying— Scottish Highlanders.
~ Becs ~
This was my first CP Smith novel and it won't be the last but it wasn't quite the hit I was expecting. I did love the characters and the humour but I think I failed to get the connection with the story and the people in the way I was hoping.

The narrative is very humorous told with witty asides to the reader which almost worked for me but just slightly missed. I've seen a lot of reviews comparing this authors style to Kristen Ashley and, while I definitely see the similarities, I was struck stron
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
✭✭✭✭ 4 Dark-Prince stars ✭✭✭✭

The book in a sentence: Who are you the property of ? A killer that claims you or the hero who saves you ?

My Thoughts on the plot: Let me just dive in straight and say...If I hadn't double checked the fact that this book was by C.P. Smith I would have DEFINATLY thought this was one of Kristen Ashley's book,just an over-edited version of a series.

Seriously the similarities between this book & KA's Colorado mountain series was too hard to ignore.

Allow me to poi
NMmomof4
2.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I found this book on one of GR lists that mentions books that are similar to Kristen Ashley's writing style. I'm a fan of these lists on GR, as they help when I'm looking for something that might not have been on my radar. This was, however, a little disappointing. I think there were only a few things that I could say a similar to KA's works: the H is alpha bossy, there were details that got too wordy and I skimmed, and the h had a close-knit family and friend group.
Stacey is Sassy
Holy Shamoly, that was good....

I love ending books on a high and Property Of, left me with a huge smile on my face. This book had all the thing I love in a romance novel. I laughed myself silly with all the quirky lines that came from the heroine Nicola. I was intrigued with the mystery surrounding the serial killer on the loose. Our hero Dallas turned me on with all of his tough, gruff and possessive talk. The friendship between Nicola and her friends was true, strong and believable. One of my
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: KA & Alpha Lovers!!!

Review Posted to: http://www.sweptawaybyromance.com/201...

4.5 Alpha Stars!!

Nicola Grace Royce is an Historical Romance writer who is inspired to write a contemporary romantic/suspense novel after seeing a very handsome police Detective investigating a homicide on the evening news.

When she literally runs into the man who inspired her hero, it's hilarious. Det. Dallas Vaughn is all (ALPHA) male and so, so sexy!! He's a workaholic who's completely dedicated to his job, but that's about to change
Michelle
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
When Nicola Royce is forced to interact with actual humans rather than her cats after finishing her latest book, her friends are bound to keep her from slinking back to her writing cave. But for Nicola her brain just can’t turn off the stories, so when a new idea pops into her head, her friends offer to help her ‘research’ her idea for a romantic suspense novel. But fiction is turning quickly into non-fiction as Nicola finds herself in the middle of a murder investigation and danger at every tur ...more
Aisling Zena
3-3.5 stars

I'm going to try to make this short because I really wanted to love this book and I didn't and quite frankly I'm grumpy about it.

description

I didn't like the unnecessary pop culture references. Most of which I had to look up to get what she was talking about.Not many of them but enough to pull me out of the book. Either make such glaringly obvious references(i.e. Harry Potter) or none at all(preferable). Then we had the "Picture it" mid chapter. See our MC Nicola is an author and everything she
Jen
3.5 Stars

"You’re mine now. I’m the only one who touches this,” he rolled my clit to make his point, “or touches this ,” he pinched and then rolled my nipple, making me groan, “Or tastes those sweet lips,” he finished and turned his head to capture my lips.

Surprisingly enough, I really enjoyed this. Surprising because I've only read one other book from this author, A Reason to Breathe, and let's just say it wasn't really my cuppa. I'm so glad I gave her another chance because Property Of proved t
Paige  Bookdragon
May 06, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, meh, snark-alert

How accurate.

Gah. This book is such a downer. I have high hopes when I saw this one on GR because of the high ratings and positive reviews. I'm not judging other people's review or what. Some people loves vegetables. I find them offensive. So I'm using the "it's not you babe, it's me" cliche.

Reasons why this relationship didn't work out.

The hero

You know, I just can't stand the fact that I find this book a "trying, not hard but in a half-assed way" to become a KA book.

Yes. Yes. BIG WORDS.

Let's
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Contemporary Romance
Series : - Stand Alone
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author? - I say no, but for some reason I keep trying with this author
Rating - 3 guilty stars.

★Review★

Ok, first off, let me explain my 3 guilty stars. I have read this auth
Rachel
Overall rating: 4.5 "Handsome Warlord" stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
CC
Apr 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ow-ex-drama-lama
My rating of 3 stars is an average. The first 63% of the book was boring, had too many characters being introduced and very little time with the two MCs together in any scenes. By this point, I think she had spilled something on him 3 times and they had kissed twice. That amounts to about the entirety of their scenes together. All of this contributed to me not getting why he liked her and I just did not feel their connection. Therefore, I struggled to connect and care about the story and charact ...more
Lindsay
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved the concept of this book. I loved that Nicola was an author. I loved her process and how her friends got caught up in the research for her first contemporary book.

Dallas was a great alpha. I loved the way that Dallas and Nicola met. I died laughing. And every "meet" after that was pure gold. I actually wish there had been more time they spent either together or dancing around each other before they were drawn into the murder mystery.

With each book, I think the author gets better and be
Kate's Corner

photo PicMonkey Collage_zpswognqlkb.jpg

Holy smokes. What a book. I loved it. 10 triple D stars. This is my second book by this author and I have seen a lot of mixed reviews about the book. I'm on the higher end of the spectrum here.

Nicola Grace Royse is a romance novelist and writes historical romance. She is a bit of a hermit. Until she wants to change direction and go into romantic suspense.

She is looking for her knight in shining armor or her highlander in a kilt.

On TV she sees the man of her dreams and realises she spends t
Jenn
I really enjoyed the book until the last two lines:
And they all drank coffee and lived happily ever after. The End.

What the what? With the way the epilogue ended, which I loved that section- why use those throw away lines? For me, it made me feel like I didn't get my full closure and that the author didn't care about the story in the end.

Anyway, the book was pretty good - minus the spelling errors and using the bad guy's name once in place of Dallas's name.

I feel the need to point out that t
Jamie
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Well.. I've really enjoyed C.P.'s other books, but this one just didn't hit them mark for me. It was ok.. but I skimmed a good bit. See.. the lead lady Nicola is a historical romance writer.. so throughout the book in different situations, she starts telling her POV from a historical stand point and I just didn't really like that. She'd call herself the fair maiden and Dallas was a war lord.. it was kind of weird. Although chemistry was good and the sex was pretty hot.. it was much hotter in per ...more
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: really-good
I have a new book boyfriend and his name is Dallas. I don't have much to say except, I loved this book. From start to finish, for me, it was perfect. Thank you C P Smith.
Diana's
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bump-it-up
4.5 Highlander Speak stars!!!

Full review here...

ANOTHER Fantastic read by C.P. Smith
She gave it all to us....

Suspenseful
Witty
Drama filled
Humor galore
Total Alpha extraordinaire
and an amazing HEA!!!!

This is one of my auto buy authors.. Her males are True Alphas and her females are Kickass Heroines! Hell what more can you ask for?

What a fun steamy read..with so many Laugh Out Loud moments I couldn't keep count and the suspense had me on the edge of my seat.

www.bookaholicconfessions.com
Julia's Book Haven
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Picked this one up on a whim. I'll be honest and tell you if was pretty much just because of cover lust lol. It turned out to be a really good read, I enjoyed it a lot. It has a really interesting plot that keeps you on your toes and great characters. Dallas was hot as hell and Nicola was super funny. Some of the stuff she said and thought just cracked me up. Definitely recommend this one!
Lučka
I chose this book solely on Janja's review and safety gang safe committee. Which pretty much sums it up.

My biggest mistake was reading this book right after Mr. Perfect. The books are in many ways so similar I can't fairly review Property Of, therefore I'm not raiting it. I enjoyed more LH's writing style and I constantly drew a comparison between the books. Now I can't be sure whether I disliked something because it was better written in Mr. Perfect. If you haven't noticed yet, I often compare
Erika
Apr 21, 2015 marked it as not-for-me-or-passing-for-now
This is NOT a review. Just a reminder to myself about reasons for shelving it not-for-me.

has lots of 5 star reviews and might be great if I get in a mystery mood. But won't fulfill my romance needs since H/h aren't together until way into book and don't have enough page time together for my romance preferences.
Cyndi
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe, dumb-ow-drama
I really enjoyed this book. The h's voice was different and refreshing. I laughed out loud several times while reading it. I also loved the h's twin brothers- great guys! The H was great too- knew what he wanted and went after it. The suspense portion was also well done. I wish we had more time with them once the suspense portion was solved. The part I didn't like was the OW drama. Dallas' ex wife pulled a crazy stunt that was unnecessary in my opinion. Also- the way the H proved his innocence w ...more
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
I don't friggin care what anyone else thinks, I loved this book.

It was funny, it was hot and it had me enthralled.

There were a few points towards the start were it was slow but Nicola soon perked it back up, especially with her retelling of things in the third person, that was amusing.

On top of that Dallas was such a great character, he was so solid, in mind and body. A proper man. Not like these skinny jean wearing sockless boys you get now. I loved him.

And that epilogue - bugger me it was so
~Kristin~
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 I loved it!! Stars

It's live! http://www.amazon.com/Property-CP-Smi...
Victoria
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it

3.0 RATING- Definitely not my favorite from this author (who I really like!). The first 30-40% was slow with little interaction between the heroine and hero. The rest of the book had potential but I think the author missed the mark a bit and it just didn't work for me sadly. IDK. The last two books haven't been as strong as the first couple books released by this author in my opinion. It may just be my expectations were too high. Either way, I'll definitely check out what comes next and I remain
 B.E.Love
** I would like to add that this author is so sweet and kind, she is worth supporting and so talented. It's nice to see such a person who is not only amazingly talented but so gracious.
  • Overflow (Carpino, #1)
  • My Coyote Ugly Life (My Life, #1)
  • Best Kase Scenario (Hyde, #2)
  • Mugs of Love (Stories of Love #1)
  • The Science of Loving
  • Vengeance
  • Love’s Tempting (The Love's, #2)
  • Semper Mine (Sons of War, #1)
  • Sweet Seduction Surrender (Sweet Seduction, #4)
  • Tethered Bond (Holly Woods Files, #3)
  • Fall for You (Gully's Fall, #2)
  • The Final KO (Final Love, #1)
  • Rekindled (Titanium Security, #5)
  • Secret Alpha (A is for Alpha Male, #2)
  • Charlie Foxtrot (Code 11-KPD SWAT, #5)
  • Hiding in Plain Sight
CP Smith writes humorous, ooey-gooey romantic suspense with OTT alphas, insta-love, and LOTS of dead bodies! She believes books should be about escape rather than reality. Ms. Smith writes what she likes to read and leaves the rest to those with better imaginations. She lives in Oklahoma with her husband and five children. You can follow her on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/cpsmith74135
More about C.P. Smith
“I’d been waiting for you to come along; I just didn’t know it until you smiled at me.” 5 likes
“Part of the reason I haven’t found a man who appeals to me is because men aren’t raised to be men anymore, in my opinion. Gone are the take-the-bull-by-the-horns, never-say-die men legends are made of.” 3 likes