Start by marking “Wolf by Wolf (Wolf by Wolf, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolf by Wolf (Wolf by Wolf, #1)

Wolf by Wolf (Wolf By Wolf #1)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  10,978 Ratings  ·  2,701 Reviews
Her story begins on a train.

The year is 1956, and the Axis powers of the Third Reich and Imperial Japan rule. To commemorate their Great Victory, Hitler and Emperor Hirohito host the Axis Tour: an annual motorcycle race across their conjoined continents. The victor is awarded an audience with the highly reclusive Adolf Hitler at the Victor’s Ball in Tokyo.

Yael, a former de
Published October 20th 2015 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Wolf by Wolf, please sign up.

Luke Richardson Not really, just one or two scenes but I feel that as this series starts to complete itself it will definitely give us some more results.

Emily May
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
There would be no dressing up as a maid. No cyanide slipped into his crystal glass of mineral water. The Fuhrer’s death was to be a loud, screaming thing. A broadcast of blood over the Reichssender.

This book is an action-packed adventure, but it cannot be denied that a lot of its strength comes from one of the most fascinating premises I've ever read. Two, really. Though this may have been done by other authors, it was the first time I'd read anything like it. Wolf By Wolf imagines a reality b
Regan
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5, really enjoyed it
Sasha Alsberg
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book, even though at times difficult to read due to the subject matter of the holocaust (and it continuing), was an exceptional read! Highly recommend, truly unique!!
Angela
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"She-wolf. An interesting choice."
"I didn't choose it," she told him. "It chose me."

In the 1940's Yael was living in a Nazi death camp where she was selected for an experiment. She starts receiving injection that are suppose to help erase her Jewish traits. They wanted to turn her into the perfect Aryan specimen. What they didn't expect was that it would turn her into something more.

Yael is now someone she doesn't even recognize. A girl who can't even remember her own face. She goes from livi
Lola  Reviewer
You are special. You can live. You are going to change things.

3 1/2 stars.

Adolf Hitler won World War II. He is one of the most powerful men on earth. Experiments on human beings to make them pure – blue eyes and blond hair – are conducted on death camp prisoners. To honour the Great Victory, every year a motorcycle race is held for teenagers from the Hitler Youth and the Great Japan Sincerity Association.

Yael, a victim of the experiments, decides to impersonate last year’s victor, Adele Wolfe,
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
According to the stories, when the führer first announced his vision of an occupied Africa and Europe to his generals, some of them had laughed. “Impossible,” they’d said. “It can’t be done.” But the word impossible held no sway over a man like Hitler.

What if World War II had gone differently? What if the Axis powers had actually won? And what if that awful human experimentation done at concentration camps had actually amounted to the creation of something?

Set in an alternate history our story
Sarah (Starry Night Reader)
"She-wolf. An interesting choice."
"I didn't choose it," she told him. "It chose me."

I can already tell this is going to be a long one, I have so much to say about this book!

Let me just start off by saying that I am no stranger to World War II historical fiction. I have an entire bookshelf devoted to the topic (both fiction and nonfiction) and have read my share. something about that entire era just intrigues me. This one is definitely right up there with my favorites :) it surprised me and exc
Chantal  (Every Word A Doorway)
Once upon a different time, there was a girl who lived in a kingdom of death. Wolves howled up her arm. A whole pack of them-made of tattoo ink and pain, memory and loss. It was the only thing about her that ever stayed the same.

This book is fabulous. Absolutely fabulous.

It’s one of those rare occasions where I can honestly say I wouldn’t change a thing about it. For me, this book was perfect. I loved every second of it.

For once, I picked up a book not because of a review by one of my GR fr
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, owned
"Once upon a different time, there was a girl who lived in a kingdom of death. Wolves howled up her arm. A whole pack of them -- made of tattoo ink and pain, memory and loss. It was the only thing about her that ever stayed the same. Her story begins on a train."

If you haven't read this book, then I'm tell you right now: DROP what you're doing or what you're reading and pick this book up. As soon as I read the synopsis for a Wolf by Wolf, I just had to read this story. Although I did pick up
Victoria Schwab
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Extraordinary. Prepare to hear me gushing about this book closer to release. But if it's not on your radar GET IT THERE.
grace
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing
Ryan Graudin
Mar 07, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-penned
I wrote this book. I'm pretty partial to it. ;)

For every 1000 adds WOLF BY WOLF receives, I'll be posting a teaser!

1k teaser: https://instagram.com/p/1pBu04lIkP/

2k teaser: https://instagram.com/p/47JEFnlIlf/

3k teaser: https://instagram.com/p/7Vq7qOlIjq/

4k teaser: https://instagram.com/p/8esry5lIos/

I'll be posting another teaser at the 5k add point if it is before the release date!!

ALSO, for those of you who are curious, WOLF BY WOLF is the first book in a duology! The sequel is tentatively sched
Heather 'Bookables'
I was expecting to like this book just not love it! It blew me away! With the plot twists and the history and the added slight element of sci fi or paranormal (not sure yet!) I fell in love plus a motorcycle race?!
To say I am desperately wanting the sequel right now would be a vast understatement!
Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
I think it's an understatement to say I am disappointed.

The premise of this sounded pretty neat. Skinshifting? An International motorcycle race? A Jewish girl's sole purpose to assassinate Fuhrer Hitler?

That sounds badass.

Honestly though, I was really bored for an overwhelming majority of this book. I kept hoping that with a little patience this story would take off, but for me it just didn't.

Literally the only interesting sections in the story dealt with the main character's past. Yael has a
Jack +Master Passion Read+
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Huzzah for alternate history YA fiction!

Huzzah for a book about a female lead who races motorcycles!

Boo for the book synopsis giving away the cool spin on the main character's ability! The book would have sounded cool enough without that particular tidbit being spoiled.

While it likely won't achieve the great & lofty heights of The Hunger Games or Divergent series, Wolf By Wolf is very worthy entry into the ever-crowded world of YA fiction. A few years ago, you couldn't swing a dead cat witho
sana  °¤°
I DNF this like a month ago and I'm making it official now.

Like, I was so confused throughout the 150 pages I read....what the fuck was happening???? It's like when you're watching Pewdiepie videos and non stop laughing and you're little brother takes your thumb to unlock your phone password and YOU DON'T EVEN FUCKING REALIZE WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING.

You're just reading a bunch of words and not processing what the fuck they mean and I'm so fucking clueless to this day as to what the fuck was
Adrianna
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Reread: Yes, I stayed up until 1am to finish this. Yes, it was as good as the first read, even better actually! Yes, I will not go to sleep, I will start rereading the second book.

Review: "Memory by memory. Loss by loss. Wolf by wolf."

ABSOLUTELY MIND BLOWING!
description
What a ride...
WHAT A RIDE!

The whole concept of What if in this book is pure gold!

This book is turning history 360°, all those theories that have been manifested throughout the years, one in particular, has found itself in an epic historical
Caitlin
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy. Fuck.

Amber recommended this book to me in December last year and I bought it back in January but it's been sitting on my shelf ever since. I had no real inclination to pick it up and I honestly didn't know what the hell this book was about.

I decided randomly yesterday that I would finally read this book and man I wish I had picked it up sooner! This book wasn't what I expected - although, to be fair, I didn't know what to expect. Even though there's a motorbike on the front cover, I didn
Stacey (prettybooks)
I was invited to a blogger tea earlier this year to meet Ryan Graudin and hear all about her upcoming book. I left feeling super excited to read it, and so I should have – Wolf By Wolf is now one of my favourite books of the year.

Wolf By Wolf is set in 1956, Germany – or, Germania, Capital of the Third Reich. It has been 10 years since the Third Reich and Imperial Japan won the Second World War. As a young child, Yael was experimented on in Auschwitz and she developed the incredible ability to t
Kai
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
“The wolves of war are gathering. They sing a song of rotten bones.”

One girl with a thousand identities on an impossible mission with a single goal: Kill Hitler.

3.5/5 stars.

Cover and title had me hooked the minute I first saw this on Goodreads. Especially since Victoria Schwab (one of my favourite authors) had rated it 5 stars.
The first few pages had me utterly confused until I had finally figured out what "Alternate History" was supposed to mean. Now, pretending that Hitler survived, enlarged t
Anna M.
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
2016 Genre Challenge: Historical Fiction
Pretty freaking awesome book! I loved everything about it, the characters, the plot, the action. The idea of this type of story is not original, but this was written in a way I could enjoy it. Being one of Jewish heritage and born in the USSR, I could relate to the story of Yael's life as these stories have been passed on to me during my life.... This was a great book. A very strong recommendation from me.
Taylor Knight
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was so different and interesting. I loved the characters so much and the plot was so fast paced. I've never read a book like Wolf by Wolf before and I read the whole book in just one sitting.
Christina
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Original Read: Nov. 6th - Nov. 14th, 2015
Re-read: May 28th - June 4th, 2017

I loved this just as much the second time reading it. My original review and thoughts remain the same.

*******************************
Original Review:

"Once upon a time, there was a girl who lived in a kingdom of death. Wolves howled up her arm. A whole pack of them -- made of tattoo ink and pain, memory and loss. It was the only thing about her that ever stayed the same."

What if the Axis had won World War 2?
It's
Jenny
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow...this book is definitely something else!
A historical alternative universe, an action packed race to killing totalitarian evil, interesting and layered characters to explore, a great cliffhanger..
The author could've used "Scheiße" a bit more grammatically correct, but all in all a fantastic read!
WrensReads
WrensReads Review:

What if Hitler won the war? What if Hitler tried to make everyone have blonde hair and blue eyes? What if this actually created a shape-shifter?

Yael was mutated. She was born a normal human being, got experimented on in a concentration camp, and can no take the shape of whomever she wants. Grant it, she doesn't really change mass or anything so guys are harder for this small girl to take form, but she can still try.

After a series of events, Yael ends up in the hands of The Resi
Theresa
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
HOLY GOODNESS GRACIOUS I FEEL LIKE I JUST RAN A MARATHON. This book was so amazing!!!!!! I have never read anything like it before. I love alternate histories and this was just phenomenal. The writing, characters, plot, execution, everything was so so so well done. I recommend this book to everyone everywhere GO READ IT!! So excited to see where this story goes from here!! Can't wait to get my hands on the next book when it comes out!!
Clara
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
** 4 “I NEED THE SECOND BOOK NOW !!” **

I don’t understand why I waited so long to read this, especially because the synopsis had always appealed to me, but I don’t know, I never came around to read it in the end until now ! And what an amazing read this was !! Loved it !

The story and world-building :
• Basically, I loved the whole concept of the book : writing a story about our world as it could have been IF Hitler had won WW2. Just this aspect alone was fascinating and had a way to make it
Short  Reviews
Oh crap, I deleted this review by accident!
Hate it when that happens...
Lonna | FLYLēF
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-challenge
FLYLēF Book Reviews

Original Post: Wolf by Wolf at FLYLēF (www.flylef.com)

HISTORY IS REVIVED to magnificent effects in this moving and haunting novel. Ryan Graudin’s Wolf by Wolf shines a light on one of the darkest, most terrifying chapters in our past and spins a remarkable tale of an alternate history. The what-if’s set in motion by one courageous girl—Yael Adele— had me racing along, and rooting for her to change history as we know it: Win the Axis Tour. Assassinate Hitler.

Or Die Trying.

Graudin’s writing is v
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
I need to read this ASAP!
It actually sounds very similar to the book i am currently reading, The Rose Society, but without magic.

“Once upon a different time, there was a girl who lived in a kingdom of death. Wolves howled up her arm. A whole pack of them--made of tattoo ink and pain, memory and loss. It was the only thing about her that ever stayed the same."

• Front Lines (Front Lines, #1)
  • Vengeance Road (Vengeance Road, #1)
  • Black Dove, White Raven
  • Rebel Mechanics (Rebel Mechanics, #1)
  • Entre ciel et terre (Vango, #1)
  • Arsenic for Tea (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #2)
  • The Uninvited
  • Prisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #1)
  • The Dark Days Club (Lady Helen, #1)
  • This Monstrous Thing
  • Iron Cast
  • The Passion of Dolssa
  • Razorhurst
  • Walk on Earth a Stranger  (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1)
  • Da Vinci's Tiger
  • The Abyss Surrounds Us (The Abyss Surrounds Us, #1)
  • Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes, #2)
  • Revenge and the Wild
Ryan Graudin was born in Charleston, South Carolina, with a severe case of wanderlust. When she’s not traveling, she’s busy writing and spending time with her husband and wolf dog. She is the author of Invictus, the Wolf By Wolf duology, The Walled City, and the All That Glows Series.
More about Ryan Graudin...

Wolf By Wolf (2 books)
  • Blood for Blood (Wolf By Wolf, #2)
“These were the names she whispered in the dark.
These were the pieces she brought back into place.
These were the wolves she rode to war.”
83 likes
“Once upon a different time, there was a girl who lived in a kingdom of death. Wolves howled up her arm. A whole pack of them--made of tattoo ink and pain, memory and loss. It was the only thing about her that ever stayed the same.” 52 likes