Start by marking “Revved (Revved, #1)” as Want to Read:
Revved (Revved, #1)

Revved

(Revved #1)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  14,512 ratings  ·  1,269 reviews
Race car mechanic Andressa "Andi" Amaro has one rule—no dating drivers. With a good reason behind the rule, she has no plans on breaking it.

Carrick Ryan is the bad boy of Formula One. With a face and body that melts panties on sight, and an Irish lilt that leaves women on their knees, begging for more. He races hard and parties harder. The youngest driver to ever sign with
Published March 17th 2015 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

The Deal by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen HooverThe Mistake by Elle KennedyManwhore by Katy EvansKyland by Mia Sheridan
Top Romances Of 2015
545 books — 2,343 voters
The Deal by Elle KennedyA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasConfess by Colleen HooverThe Girl on the Train by Paula HawkinsThe Mistake by Elle Kennedy
Best Books of 2015
2,843 books — 5,098 voters

More lists with this book...

Christy
5 Chocolate Kisses

photo b8192adb-6d41-4308-a1b4-3702364f8434_zpsnxsxc8vo.jpg

Revved is a sexy standalone romance that’s full of angst, heartache, humor, friendship and love. There were moments I was stressed to the max while reading, but I loved every second. I fell in love with this hero and heroine and I adored their story.

Andi is a female mechanic about to take her dream job with Formula One. She will be working on the race cars of one of the most successful drivers- Carrick Ryan. Carrick is sex on a stick. He's a player, the bad boy of racing. And
Ana
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hell-to-the-no
2.5 Stars

photo tumblr_nm7befOsJK1tqhsdvo1_500_zpsxvyrk1y5.gif

Potentially good plot obliterated by shallow characters.

This book had so much potential, but it fell short. Let me start off by saying that I love cars: always have, always will. I'm a big fan of the Fast & Furious franchise and I even went through a phase where I became obsessed with F1. What can I say, I am a girl of so many interests.

photo fast-and-furious-race-scene-cut_zps4h2m0ohw.gif

photo tumblr_mxqn5kb7L31s3s5qno3_500_zpsdufff40e.gif

photo tumblr_mi6wr4zU2e1qmwvfco3_500_zps2fycmvll.gif

A book about racing and hot irish guys? Count me in. Of course I had to read it right away, which I did, but sadly, I was really disappointed
Samantha Towle
Feb 02, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

Teaser...

“Deny it all you want, but you know it’s true. You want me to fuck you.”
“And you want to fuck me,” I fire back.
“Sure I do. I’m not the one denying it here.” He lifts his hand from my waist to cup my cheek, his thumb touching dangerously close to my lips. “So what do you say?”
“To what?”
“Fucking.”
“I’d say you’re seriously overconfident about it.”
He throws his head back on a deep laugh. It makes me glow inside.
A smile is still touching his eyes, when he says, “You say that now. It’ll be a
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
It's LIVE everywhere!
* Amazon US * Amazon UK * B&N * Kobo *

Revved is a standalone story about Carrick and Andressa, a formula 1 driver and a female mechanic. It’s a story of fear, control, hope and love with steamy, delicious sexual attraction laced throughout. The juxtaposition of these themes provides the most gorgeous, romantic love story with the perfect dose of angst. Revved completely pulled on my emotions. I totally bought into the heroine's psyche, her motivation and her reasoning.
Jennifer Kyle
DNF @ 75 Percent

description

The back and forth of an annoying heroine with her I like him, I want him, I can’t be with him, I like him, I want him, I can’t be with him, runaround irked me by the second time and third time around. She’s a runner and quite franky with NOTHING else going on the story I found it boring.

I really do like angsty stories but this heroine and the plot was not only just blah for me but I didn’t buy the heroine in the slightest. Andie was wishy washy and her being a competent mechani
Sleepless Readmore
Even if your on the right track,
you'll get run over if you just sit there.
5 #CarrickCrushers STARS

Andi and Carrack .. ♥
description

"Well, fuck me. I was expecting someone--"
"With a penis and a deep voice? Sorry to disappoint."

description

"So, you missed me then?"
"With every fiber of my being."
"A simple yes would have sufficed."

The sparks began to fly as soon as these two MET. I couldn't WAIT for Andi and Carrick to get together. It was only a few pages in that they met and I remember thinking WOW how is the next 400 pa
Beverly
Let me just tell you what I love. I love a book that grabs me from the very beginning and makes me feel. From the very beginning I was hooked, the prologue broke my heart and from that moment I felt for Andi.

Andi’s dad was the star of Formula One, until the day the sport he loved took his life. That is how Revved begins, with us seeing how Andi watched her father die. I cannot even begin to imagine the heartache of experiencing that or how it would shape one’s life, but that’s exactly what it di
Catarina
3,5 Sexy Stars.

Andressa is a F1 mechanic and the daughter of an ex-F1 legend who died in a tragic car accident. Carrick is the world’s most famous F1 racer, sexy, rich… and playboy.
Andressa has a rule to never date racers, after all she already lost one in her life. Carrick is decided to show her that he’s the exception to her rule. When feelings between them get to strong to be ignored, they have to decide if they will they give in to their fears or find a way to be happy together.

I loved p
Geri Reads
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

I wasn't planning on reading this book...I didn't expect to even like this book based on a few of my trusted friends' ratings. But here I am. I've read it and loved it. I totally understood Andi's pain. Anxiety and PTSD is very seriously debilitating, and I think Samantha Towle did a phenomenal job with that aspect. I didn't think her pushing him away was about indecisiveness. It's about her fear and anxiety.

I had a hard time warming up to Carrick but he won me over. He went through h
Jen
This was a 3.5 stars for me, and the reason that I couldn't rate it higher was Andressa Amaro-the heroine! Her decision making process in this story just aggravated me one too many times. I could no longer ignore the fact that it messed with my enjoyment of the story! On the flip side though, the hero; Carrick Ryan was one who I first thought of as a manwhore, and slimy...but ended up melting me and my panties very quickly!!! I fell in love with him as he started to clean his act up; and really, ...more
ღFloღ the coffee addict
3 rev up my engine STARS

“Exactly how did we go from me not getting involved with drivers to you and I having sex?”
“We haven't gotten to the sex yet. Trust me. When we do, you'll know.”

Alright. This is going to be interesting. I loved and hated this book all at the same time. Not possible you say? Hold on and let me explain!

The Good:

I loved the idea of the book.

Female mechanic and man-whore driver for a Formula one racing team fall for each other, even thought they really shouldn't. Sounds
Aestas Book Blog
Mar 23, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: now

This sounds angsty!! --- The hero is a bad boy race car driver who races hard and parties harder. The heroine is a mechanic with one rule: no dating drivers. When she's offered her dream job working for him, she’s not prepared for the off-the-chart sparks that fly the moment they meet. And now, she has a crush on the one man she can’t have....

STANDALONE
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
I love Carrick Ryan! Top to bottom...start to finish...I completely love him. He is the total package and he is the single reason this book is the bomb! I will read this again just to have a dose of him. I would recommend this to all so they have the chance to know his greatness.

photo PhotoGrid_1427485653849_zpsts5l8py2.jpg

I could go on all day with details but to keep it real:
•The story was owned by Carrick Ryan
•The dialogue *le sigh* Carrick Ryan...accent
•The steam...delivered by Carrick Ryan dirty and hard
•The heroine...not good enoug
NiCoLeTa E.
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hmmm... I won't lie!!!
That book really frustated me!!!

No, no... Don't get me wrong, it was fuckin' amazing, but... Andressa drove me insane!!!

Yes, okay! I understand the reasons of her phobias, but in some point and after so much refusal i lost my temper....

After a while, I didn't feel pity for her anymore as i did at the start of this race and my understandment??? It was gone for good!!!

The only feeling that remained inside me was pure fury!!!
Oh, God!!! In some point, she fucked up my mind an
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
DNF @52%

If I were in this story, I would have told Carrick where to go. What an arse! Unfortunately neither characters have endeared me to them and I am finding myself skimming, so adeus from me...
Christie«SHBBblogger»
2.5

I was loving this book so hard in the beginning. Too bad both of them made TOO MANY really bad choices. Pissed me right the hell off. My winning streak is officially over.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Andi's father was killed in a racing car accident when she was ten years old. Fourteen years later, she's ready and willing to work on race cars with her father's best friend and her godfather who she calls Uncle John. What's she's not ready and willing to do is date the driver of the race car she's working on.

Another book that has my favorite "vulnerable and desperately in love" male character story line. Carrick is so Alpha and so cocky on the outside that I just melted whenever we saw throug
Alex is The Romance Fox
It's no secret that I am a total romance addict..........romance fox...right!!!!
I love HEA's!!!! So, I was in heaven reading Revved, Samantha Towle's 1st book in her Revved Duet.

The story had everything I love in a love story.

An unforgettable hero - CARRICK RYAN (wow, is that not a so cool name!!!!) is a devastatingly gorgeous , talented and successful F1 driver. Known for his bad-boy image off the track and breaking women's hearts.
 photo download_zpsuvpbvwvo.jpg
An out-of-the ordinary heroine -Andressa (Andi) Amaro (hell, I
Rag
Feb 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: bad-boys, famous, drivers
3 'Galaxy' Stars

photo image_zpsedvftsic.jpg

When I saw that this book was by the one and only SamanthaT I knew I had to read it. So when I was looking across what to read next and I saw it, I jumped into it and when I did, it was kind of a disappointment.

So this story is about Andi. Andreas's father was a famous race car driver. When she was 10, her father was racing and crashed and died. She saw the whole thing happen before her eyes. She also noticed what it did to her mom so she promised her self not to date drivers. F
Wanderlust

Carrick is my youngest son's name! Weird.

---------------------------------------

Alright so I read this book today, I am unsure what I felt about it. It was pretty weird reading sex scenes with my son's name as the main character. I did not like Andi at all. The drama seemed ridiculous/over the top/easily solved and so when it dragged out the entire book it did my head in.
I have to consider though that my kids name being in the book has made me judge it unfairly (maybe?) and as a result I will
Anna Banana
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.8-4 stars

Dangerous by David Guetta

If you're looking for angst and the kind of book that can drive you crazy and make you love it in equal measures, then look no farther than Samantha Towle's latest book, Revved. This book will surely piss some people off-it certainly made me want to scream at the characters at times- but regardless I couldn't stop reading and I was hooked into the story.

So what do you get when you add one man-whore and a heroine with commitment issues? One helluva ride. They
Michelle
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just luvd this book it was great an I m think I m in luv with Carrick I just think he's great sexy hot an gorgeous

I really enjoyed this story it's about andressa she's a F1 mechanic and she is goin 2 work 4 Carrick Ryan the world's best F1 driver andressa as alway been into cars her dad was a F1 driver an the world best at the time but he died in a accident on the track 14 yrs ago so Andressa as a rule 2 follows never fall 4 driver so when she sees Carrick she knows she in trouble is just so
MELISSA *Mel Reader*

photo 1193c579-4d95-4bfb-ae8c-2c1d216c7f9d_zpsymx9rwrp.jpg

photo ad74e333-13d3-4736-84c7-0981cd30fe9d_zpsja7y0cts.jpg
Lyndy Ann ♫
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW what a prologue it gave me goose bumps and that is always a good start to a story.

Andressa "Andi" Amaro has loved cars since she was a little girl and she gets her dream job as an F1 mechanic for Rybell and the world champion Carrick Ryan but Andi has a secret and ONE RULE no dating drivers.

Carrick Ryan has been at the top of his F1 career for five years he drives hard and parties harder with a different woman every night when he first meets Andi the sparks fly instant lust on both sides but
Sabrina
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Re-read 8/9/18

ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Apr 26, 2015 rated it did not like it

DNF 60%

I don't like the extra-horny hero who's trying to get into the heroine's pants on first sight, and doesn't even know her name or care. I've seen it done well, but it's hard. And then there are constant references to Andi where she can’t stop drooling when Carrick is around. But hey, she must not have sex with him. They are friends, he is a manwhore and they are working together. Except he is so sexy, bla bla bla....it goes on and on!!

Andressa "Andi" Amaro:
1. Portrayed as independent in th
NinaReader
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Racing Heart Stars!

I will always have a special place in my reading heart for the author who created my top book boyfriend – the sexy as hell Jake Wethers. I’ve thought about changing my GR name to reflect that. So needless to say there’s something about Samantha Towle’s writing that is in my personal wavelength of reading pleasure.

Andressa Amaro-Wolfe’s father was the champion Formula One race car driver. Her mother a Brazilian model. She grew up around cars, race tracks, and under the hoo
TeriLyn
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it

4 "You're definitely my type." Stars

I was lucky enough to win an e-copy of Revved and based on the stellar review of a friend, I read it straight away.

Reading a good sports romance always works for me. Something about this sub-genre of romance, the adrenaline of a sport, the mind of an athlete and how it relates to their personal life are all aspects of a good sports love. And Revved encompassed them all. Told from both the points of view of the hero and heroine, this story kept my captive from
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Mar 24, 2015 marked it as 1-can-never-read-avoid
Can't do sex outside the hero and heroine relationship after they show interest. He's gotta fight for her.
Raine Miller
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this story from start to finish. The angst was deep and the emotional connection between Carrick and Andi intense, so perfect for these two. Loved it!
  • Kulti
  • Black Flag (Racing on the Edge, #2)
  • Athica Lane (Carpino, #3)
  • Urban Love Prophecy
  • Crown Me (Royals Saga, #3)
  • Sugar Baby Beautiful
  • The Traveling Woman (Traveling, #2)
  • Thin Love (Thin Love, #1)
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
  • Manwhore +1 (Manwhore, #2)
  • Dirty Ties
  • Kissing Madeline (Dearest, #3)
  • Lovely Trigger (Tristan & Danika #3)
  • Lie to Me (Redemption, #1)
  • Hearts of Blue (Hearts, #4)
  • In Your Eyes
  • Night Moves (G-Man, #3)
  • Indulge
SAMANTHA TOWLE is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. She began her first novel in 2008 while on maternity leave. She completed the manuscript five months later and hasn’t stopped writing since.

She is the author of contemporary romances, The Storm Series and The Revved Series, and stand-alones, Trouble, When I Was Yours, The Ending I Want, Unsuitable and Sackin

Revved (2 books)
  • Revived (Revved, #2)
“The podium can wait because
I already have the greatest win of my life right here in my arms.”
13 likes
“Take the good with the bad. Learn to live with your fears. Because being with him…having the good, it makes the bad a whole lot better.” 9 likes