Start by marking “Falling Into Bed with a Duke (The Hellions of Havisham, #1)” as Want to Read:
Falling Into Bed with a Duke (The Hellions of Havisham, #1)

Falling Into Bed with a Duke

(The Hellions of Havisham #1)

After six unsuccessful Seasons, Miss Minerva Dodger chooses spinsterhood over fortune-hungry suitors. But thanks to the Nightingale Club, she can at least enjoy one night of pleasure. At that no
Mass Market Paperback, 373 pages
Published October 27th 2015 by Avon

Start your review of Falling Into Bed with a Duke (The Hellions of Havisham, #1)
sraxe
The manwhore hero, Ashebury, develops a leg and foot fetish after his parents die in a train crash, an event for which he wasn't present. His PTSD is then miraculously cured after he sees the legs of the heroine, Minerva, once.

YES, really.

(And, yes, this review is really long. Because this book just annoyed me to no end.)

As I was reading, I thought that Lorraine Heath had to be trolling her readers or something. Ashebury hears about his parents dying and develops a foot fetish as a result. How i
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Full review now posted...

I adore the way Lorraine Heath tells a story! Falling Into Bed with a Duke is the first book in the Hellions of Havisham series and it's romantic, it's passionate, it's heartbreaking, it's uplifting... it's everything I want in my historical romance reading!!

Blurb...

In the first in a dazzling new series, New York Times bestselling author Lorraine Heath introduces the Hellions of Havisham—three charismatic rogues destined to lose their hearts . . .

After six unsuccessf
Holly

Well, that's a new one - a historical romance that features a guy who likes to take semi-nude photos of women in order to help him get over his tragic past. I am not even making that up.

Ignoring that random subplot, overall this was pretty much a slightly less interesting version of another book I have read, Suddenly You. Both books share the same basic premise - an 'on the shelf' woman decides that marriage is obviously not going to happen and so she resolves to rid herself of her vir
Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie*
I think I am in danger of repeating myself here when I say that this is another beautifully written and deeply emotional love story from Lorraine Heath. Over the many years that I have been reading Ms Heath’s books, I have never once been disappointed.

Orphaned when their parents are killed in a train crash, the Duke of Ashebury, the Duke of Greyling and his twin brother, Edward, are taken under the guardianship of the Marquess of Marsden in the forbidding Havisham Castle. Since losing his belove
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
5 STARS!!!

Don't ask me how I landed up reading a historical romance lol! Although I think it may have had something to do with the dreaded book slump that always catches me unawares. This book was exactly what I needed, a strong heroine who wasn't beautiful in the classic sense (and she really was a normal looking gal not astoundingly beautiful with no idea.) It was really refreshing to read about a heroine who didn't meet society's expectations yet didn't feel bad about it.

Miss Minerva Dodger i
Caz
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've given this an A- at AAR, so let's call it 4.5 stars, rounded up.

I don’t know how she does it, but there is something about Lorraine Heath’s books – those that I’ve read, anyway, which is by no means all of them – that gets me “right there”. The emotions and thought-processes of many of her heroines have such resonance that they are timeless; whether it’s the cancer survivor who worries she is no longer attractive (When the Duke Was Wicked), or the loving sister desperate to do the best for
Al George
Ah Minerva...you are a nearly perfect heroine!

Two snaps

I love a spinster who has placed herself firmly on the shelf and flips the rest of the world off. She's a keeper.

NOTE: read this as part of a word challenge in the Historical Romance reading group. Book that started with the letter F.

Setting / Time / Genre: Regency

Series: Yep

Sexy times: Tame stuff in comparison to say, a Kerrigan Byrne historical. But let it be said, our heroine is down with the OP. That should give you enough of a clue.

Plan on r
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
I actually liked this book very much.

In the prologue we are introduced to a very young Duke of Ashebury who lost his parents recently in a train accident. He travels with two other orphans, the Earl of Grayling and his twin brother, to their new guardian, a very unstable man, destroyed by grief after his wife's passing. The guardian's madness leaves a strong impression on Ash, and he starts fearing loving a woman.

Some twenty years later, we find Miss Minerva Dodger, a spinster by choice. She is
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review
Falling Into Bed With The DukeSummary
Miss Minerva Dodger, has watched six full seasons go by without many good offers for her unless its from fortune hunters. She wants what her parents have found and is set on not marrying. She wants adventure and passion. When she hears about a club, The Nightingale, that hosts exclusive sensual parties, she attends. She knows it will be exactly what she needs. Upon arrival, she meets the Duke of Ashebury who shows h
WhiskeyintheJar
May 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Kind of a slow burn feel with their sexual escapades/feelings developing and then rushed with the heroine not learning the hero's secret until the 80% mark and everything having to get resolved in that short time.
Beanbag Love
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm a big Lorraine Heath fan, but I've been slow to get into her "younger generation" books. I loved her Scoundrels of St. James series and these books -- Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James and Hellions of Havisham -- are the stories of the offspring and contemporaries of the leads in those books. When I first heard Heath was doing this I was thrilled. Unfortunately, looking at the blurbs and some of the reviews (as well as having read the first in the Scandalous Gentlemen series) I've become rel ...more
Jo
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gr2016

Spoilers ahead.

I can’t remember the last time I was so disappointed in a book. I was quite hesitant to read this one, because anonymous sex isn’t romantic to me, but one thing I’ve learned is that Lorraine Heath likes to write unconventional HRs. And sometimes they really work, like Once More, My Darling Rogue, which I really liked. Still my expectations with this book was relatively low when I started it. And much to my surprise and delight the more I read the more I loved it. And I was so hap

Bubu
Nov 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, hr
3.5 Stars

This was my first book by Lorraine Heath and it won't be my last. I liked it a lot and I really, really wanted to give this book a higher rating. The story is engaging, the characters - including the secondary characters - lovable, the chemistry between Minerva and Ashe well done. But nope, I couldn't.

I guess it's because, all in all, it was too formulaic. Or because I had read Rose Lerner's In For a Penny only recently which had a similar outset. Rich heroine, impoverished aristocr
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: june-2020
I didn't expect to like this book as much as I did! I loved how different this one was from other Historical romances because it involves more risky subjects and modernized subjects such as dirty selfies hahaha. It was also filled with modern problems. Our main heroine is worried about how she will lose herself in marriage and her independence while our hero is frustrated that he can't understand numbers and lost all his money. The only issue i had with this one was that HE NEVER ADMITTED HIS FE ...more
Mandi Schreiner
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
The heroine steals the show in this book, but let me first talk about our hero, Ashe. (he isn't so shabby himself!)

The Duke of Ashebury is a very handsome man. His passion in life is taking brilliant photographs, and it all stems from a very devastating childhood. His parents were killed in a railway accident, leaving him behind to deal with immense grief. Along with twins who also lost their parents, these three are shipped to the Marquess of Marsden's estate, to be raised. Marsden lost his wif
Isa Lavinia
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical, romance

I'm the pickiest reader and I can't find fault with this book!
It was so, so delightful!

Minerva has had six seasons to catch the attention of a potential suitor and, while she's had many, all of them were fortune hunters. She's not a beauty, and even her money can't make men bear such an opinionated miss who suffers no fools.
Having decided she'll embrace spinsterhood, Minerva finds it perfectly logical that she should get to know the pleasures of the flesh: gentlemen do it all the time, why
✨ Gramy ✨
** Contains mature themes **

This definitely is not a historical romance based on the conventional standards of proper behavior the ton adhered to during the Regency era. This story enlightens the reader toward a walk through another path much less talked about. This series contains very unique storylines.

This is the second book in series entitled: 'A Hellions of Havisham' featuring Lord Edward Alcott and Lady Julia Kenney Alcott in another twist of fate based in the historical Regency era. Th
Sara Reads (mostly) LOTS of Romance
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Sara Reads (mostly) LOTS of Romance by: Paris
3.5 Almost totally loved it Stars

i edited my review because I'm going through and looking at the ones I'm proud of !!

Wow, first book of mine by this author and I really, reallllyyyy liked it. I remember trying a book from her Devil series, or whatever the hell it's called, but it wasn't really doing it for me. This one was sitting on my tbr, lost in a sea of unread books, until it was recommended to me by a lovely human called Paris . I'm really glad I gave Lorraine Heath another chance, and loo
Mei
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
A wonderful romance!

I loved Minerva and her level-headed (almost too much) behaviour! She's a woman who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to reach and grab it!

She's aware of how other view her and she cares, but only marginally so. She's not ready to change to conform to the society.

Ashe doesn't know who she is at the beginning, but he's intelligent enough to recognize her after a bit. Still he's also stubborn (or maybe stupid) enough not to recognize his own feelings towards Minerva.

Both
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5

I can't help but think that these stories would be even more successful (not that they need it) if the titles weren't of I-can't-think-of-anything-at-the-moment variety. One can find lovely characters and wonderful stories in books with shallow titles. Yes, there are duds too.
This isn't one though.

This book reminds me of Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake a bit, but with less humour (not a bad thing, just different). Both Ashe and Minerva are great characters and necessary conflic
Joanna Loves Reading
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arty, mofo-dukes, hr
This book started out soooo good, and overall I really enjoyed it. The Duke was yummy, and Minerva was strong and smart. They both needed and complimented each other. The reason this is not five stars is that the promise of the beginning turned into something fairly standard. It could have been more. Not much of a review, but it's all I am going to do for this one. Happy reading, folks!
Book Wonderland
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best historical romance I've read! I just loved the story so much and Ashe was amazing!!

description
Wendy
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lorraine Heath is just superb, I've said it before but she just has so much empathy. I particularly like the way in which she takes topics/problems relevant today and reminds us that they would have been around in the dim, distant past; with probably no name for the complaint and few experts, if any, most people affected would have simply been labelled stupid or even mad.

In this novel we meet Minerva Dodger and the Duke of Ashebury in Falling Into Bed With a Duke, the first in The Hellions of Ha
kris
Jun 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Miss Minerva Dodger is done with men, so she goes to the Nightingale Club to get her yayas out. At the Nightingale Club, the Duke of Ashebury is present and accounted for, boners set to stun. This eventually results in an emotional attachment.

1. Ladies going undercover with their lady boners is a thing I am into.

2. Ashe photographing legs was a little--OK, but at least it was actually a bit surprising? When he was moping around at the beginning about his ~strange needs and desires, I was prepa
Becca
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am not sure how Heath does it, but she always manages to write books that I easily immerse myself in and read quickly.

This is the first in a new series and some of the feel of the story does get lost because of the set up with the other two hellions who will have stories to follow. However, Heath has a talent for setting up unique and intriguing characters so even though I recognized the plot seeds, I was still excited to read their stories.

While I really didn't care for the title of this sto
Jen Davis
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
One of the things I enjoy about Lorraine Heath is that she is so good at crafting characters I can care about. In this case, it’s the heroine, Minerva. She is quickly reaching spinster status, but not for lack of offers. She has received plenty of proposals. The problem is that men only want her for her dowry. No one has ever wanted her for herself. She’s never been touched… never even been kissed… and now she is ready to change that, by taking matters into her own hands.

Minerva snags entrance i
Jacqueline's Reads
I’ve been on a Lorraine Heath binge. I’ve been reading the series, Scoundrels of St. James and stopped at book 4 to start The Hellions of Havisham, series. I usually don’t skip around, but certain books are available via audio at the library so you make with what you have.

All the series seem to be linked together, but you don’t have to read them in order. As I started to read out of order, I forget who is with who and that is okay.

I wasn’t really fond of the narrator of this one, only because s
4.25 Stars

I just adore Lorraine Heath's books because they are not afraid to dive into serious topics and also have characters who gain emotional strength along with their happy ending. Falling into Bed with a Duke is the first in a series that is a spin-off of Heath's Scoundrels of St. James and Scandalous Gentleman of St. James books. It focuses on a group of young aristocrats who grew up together in the dark and mysterious Havisham Castle under the lax guidance of the Marquess of Marsden.

Mine
Sophie Barnes
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
~A deliciously well crafted story with vivid characters that you'll want to hug and keep close to you heart ~

Where to begin...This story was simply spectacular! The setting was creative, the characters were strong, memorable and lovable, the dialogue was smart and entertaining.

This is the first book in Lorraine Heath's new Hellions of Havisham series. The Duke of Ashebury is a keen adventurer with a passion for photography. When he's not travelling the world with his closest friends, he immerse
Reading Order 6 17 Apr 01, 2016 06:37PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 Apr 24, 2015 11:55AM

• The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel, #1)
  • Love in the Time of Scandal (Scandalous, #3)
  • The Day of the Duchess (Scandal & Scoundrel, #3)
  • The Truth About Cads and Dukes (Rescued from Ruin, #2)
  • One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • The Virgin and the Rogue (The Rogue Files, #6)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
  • A Scot in the Dark (Scandal & Scoundrel, #2)
  • Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5; Castles Ever After, #4)
  • Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #4)
  • Lord Dashwood Missed Out (Spindle Cove, #4.5)
  • The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)
  • Love and Other Scandals (Scandalous, #1)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #5)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • Suddenly You
  • Six Degrees of Scandal (Scandalous, #4)
Also writes Young Adult under Rachel Hawthorne, Jade Parker, and with her son as J.A. London)

Lorraine Heath has always had a soft spot for emotional love stories. No doubt because growing up, watching movies with her mom, she was taught that the best movies "won't half make you cry."​​​​​​​

She is the daughter of a British beauty (her mom won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor

The Hellions of Havisham (3 books)
  • The Earl Takes All (The Hellions of Havisham, #2)
  • The Viscount and the Vixen (Hellions of Havisham, #3)