Start by marking “Forget Tomorrow (Forget Tomorrow, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forget Tomorrow (Forget Tomorrow, #1)

Forget Tomorrow

(Forget Tomorrow #1)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  2,097 Ratings  ·  486 Reviews
A New York Times bestseller!

Imagine a world where your destiny has already been decided…by your future self.

It’s Callie’s seventeenth birthday and, like everyone else, she’s eagerly awaiting her vision―a memory sent back in time to sculpt each citizen into the person they’re meant to be. A world-class swimmer. A renowned scientist.

Or in Callie’s case, a criminal.

In her vis
Published November 3rd 2015 by Entangled: Teen

To ask other readers questions about Forget Tomorrow, please sign up.
Den Lim Well, anything plot that has one arrested for a crime they could have done in the future will bring comparisons with minority report. In the same way,…moreWell, anything plot that has one arrested for a crime they could have done in the future will bring comparisons with minority report. In the same way, people will compare any story about a child entering a school of magic with Harry Potter. That's just the way things are. What matters is what the author writes out of this premise and if she can make a good story out of it. My question is... Is it a good read? (Pun intended)(less)
skadoosh I read Slated quite a few years ago, so my memory may be incorrect in places. They are really quite different. The only linking elements are dystopia,…moreI read Slated quite a few years ago, so my memory may be incorrect in places. They are really quite different. The only linking elements are dystopia, memory, and criminality. This is as spoiler-light as possible, but does contain more information than you'll find in the blurbs.

Callie's society is based around predetermination - your future memory defines your course in life, leading to some interesting chicken-and-egg type questions being posed by the main characters. When Callie receives her horrifying future memory, she's incarcerated for something she hasn't yet committed and doesn't understand could ever happen. Her main motivation is to prevent this from happening.

Kyla's memories are wiped in an attempt to reintegrate her into society. She has no connection to her past, only myriad mysteries, and a set of rules she must play by (enforced by a device that monitors and to some extent controls her emotions). Some people still treat her warily because she's Slated, but there are also people who want her to embrace her second chance and become a normal citizen. Kyla wants to uncover the mysteries of her past, but is also scared of standing out in a society where that would be fatal.

That's as far as the memory-criminality link goes, and it's pretty different. Kyla is given a second chance by the government, a new family to fit in with, has no memories or connection to her past, and is expected to live the life of a normal teen girl; Callie is incarcerated by the government, still with all of her past memories and connection to her family, and in possession of one taunting, life-changing future memory that she will do anything to prevent from coming true.

The dystopian settings are also very different. Slated takes place in a near-future Britain that has become dystopian after the failure of a coalition government. Forget Tomorrow takes place much farther in the future, with only a few recognisable elements; in this way, the setting is more sci-fi-lite. Aside from the society in Forget Tomorrow being built around the concept of future memory, there are also people with psychic abilities who are taken by the government, as it is believed that studying the brains of psychics will allow scientists to better understand how future memory works. (Callie's sister Jessa has a psychic talent.)

Furthermore, from what I remember, a lot of Slated takes place in school, where there's a boy Kyla likes, and a mean girl who hates Kyla and is into Kyla's love interest. The mean girl may be hot, but she's horrible, and the love interest would never like her. There are the common misunderstandings where Kyla is sure her LI is into this mean girl, even when he's shown no indication of that. In Forget Tomorrow, there aren't any of these YA cliches common to the high school setting; very little of the book takes place in school. Callie has a love interest, sure, but there's no love triangle or women for Callie to be jealous of.

In conclusion, the central concept of a link between memory and criminality is very different, and so are the main characters and settings. (Not getting further into the plots, as that is spoiler territory.)

Hope this helps!(less)

Ben Alderson
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WHAT WHAT WHAT.

What I love about books like this, is the unique direction of the world. I love that this is a book which you can relate to, yet its set in a future where you obtain the memories of your future to determine the path you take for the rest of your life....

Well, our main character did not except to see herself killing her little sister.
THEN we get the introduction of Psychic abilities and a innocent, honest romance brewing! LOVED THIS! need the next, obvs because the ending of this b
Donita Luz
I wish I could've given this book a higher rating, after all Forget Tomorrow has been one of my anticipated read this year. After seeing its beautiful cover and reading its totally intriguing premise, I can't help but wanting to read it. Though, I must admit that after reading the blurb, the first thing that comes in my mind was Minority Report , I never got the chance to read the book but I did watch the movie, and I must say, If I've known how painful it is to read this book, I should've watc ...more
Cody
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cover-love, arc, ah-mazing
Forget Tomorrow is set in a futuristic dystopian world with advanced technology that allows you to obtain future memories. These memories will guide people through life and will ensure them to have the career they envisioned. These memories are ‘set it stone’ and there is no varying from the path. Our protagonist, Callie dreads receiving her memory, she’s nervous she won’t become a famous chef. However not becoming a chef is the least of Callie’s worries because her future memory doesn’t involve ...more
mith
God this was terrible.
Okay, look, I know that I say this about so many books, but GOD.
If I'd continuously UPDATED my progress throughout reading this book, you would see why I wouldn't even give this 1 star.
I showed my friend, while reading. Entire screenshots of scenes that made me cringe so hard I had to distance myself from my Kindle.
It. Was. That. Bad.
I honestly do not want to be mean; really, that isn't what I'm going for. As far as I understand, this was a debut novel, and oh, how it sho
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and NetGalley.)

“You’ve had an atypical memory, one where you commit a Class A felony. According to FuMA law, I have to arrest you.”

This was an okay story, but I did struggle with it a bit.

I did like Callie, and she did find herself in some tough positions. It was admirable the way she tried to hide her sister’s psychic abilities from those who would use them against her, and
Pintip Dunn
Aug 01, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is the book of my heart. The reason this book means so much to me is because it is inspired by my relationship with my sister.

Let me explain. My sister, Lana, is twelve years younger than me, and I have always felt an extremely close, protective bond with her. I wanted to write a story about the deep, maternalistic love that a girl can have for her much younger sister -- and the lengths she would go to in order to protect her. I'd like to believe that I would be strong enough and brave eno
Dana

As with any book that tackles the tricky situation of time travel, I have to give credit simply for undertaking such a difficult task. It's very hard to not have lots of holes in these types of book, and while I try not to focus too hard on them (because really how can you not have holes in these types of stories?), this book had just a few too many “huh?” moments even for me.

I did like the general idea of this book and the moral issues that the author was trying to showcase were well done. The
Jeninne
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book is atrociously messy.

More than that, it's the perfect example of everything wong with YA these days, and how publishing companies don't give a damn about the content they're producing, and only about the people they can sucker into buying their books. Look, I'm not an idiot. Obviously any company's bottom line is going to be making money, and publishing houses aren't exactly foundations of quality assurance. But more and more I'm noticing messy, subpar books slippling through to publi
Alice Reeds
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Find my review (also) on my blog: Bettgeschichten

* Thank you Entangled Teen and NetGalley for providing me with an eARC in exchange for an honest review *

Forget Tomorrow was the perfect blend between a futuristic world, a swoon worthy romance, funny dialogues and moments, and a female protagonist that was ready to do anything it took to keep her sister safe. The story was exciting, intriguing, and pulled me in from page one on.
In Forget Tomorrow we are introduced to a future filled with exci
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*ARC from Entangled Teen via NetGalley*

Forget Tomorrow follows Callie as she receives a memory from her future self (as to all seventeen years olds). This memory will help decide what path your future will take. But Callie's memory leads her in a direction she never in her wildest dreams would of thought of. She reconnects with Logan, the boy from 5 years ago who meant everything to her, can he again?
I really enjoyed the writing style, found it very easy to read. I liked the characters and the
Telah Mitchell
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Unoriginal dystopian.

The saving grace for me was that this one was listed as a Science fiction thriller, and I wasn't sure I would like that since I don't usually like science fiction that much even though I do sometimes like thrillers. People kept talking about it being a unique dystopian so I thought I'd give it a try and it did sound interesting. I thought I was finally finding a new twist for the future.

This one was hard for me. I wanted it to be this great, original concept that would hook
Amelia
Nov 29, 2015 marked it as to-read
I just finished this book and wish I could get back the month I spent reading it. It took me a lot longer to finish than my normal rate. I had a lot of schoolwork, but it was more than that. To me I felt like this book was so similar to so many other dystopians out there. I felt like I was reading the same type of thing over again.
The basic idea of this book seemed so awesome. It fell short for me on so many levels. I don't really care about the romance in books unless that's what it's supposed
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This book was amazing. It is set in a virtualistic world where every boy and girl at the age of 17 get their future. They can several things and have a good life or have a bad future predicted to them. In this case Callie who just turned 17 is predicted a horrible future. After seeing her vision which is a memory sent back in time to mold everyone's future she is horrified to find out she will be a criminal. She is destined to kill someone close to her and she refuses to make that her future.

Onc
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
This review was originally posted on Queen of the Bookshelves

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This one left me speechless at the end. I was so sure I had it figured out and then WHAMO. I was left shocked and off guard and had to read the ending like 15 times to make sure I got it all down. It is definitely one to check out if you like science fiction and dystopian novels. It sort of has a Giver mixed with Divergent feel to it, but it has such a uni
Steven
Nov 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
As a Sci-fi fan, I thought this book was a complete disaster. Not sure why it's even called a sci-fi. Reads pure dystopian to me and not a good one. The holes in the plot were ridiculous. I don't mind trilogies but there has to be some kind of conclusion in each book and explain SOMETHING. I kept going, "HUH??" The whole memory thing made absolutely no sense in a scientific way but maybe the author didn't really care about that aspect. She was more interested in trying to make something romantic ...more
YA Booklover
Nov 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
I don't even know where to start with this one. It's a mishmash of a whole bunch of other dystopian books and sci-fi movies (like Katniss running to the wilderness and Tris jumping off a building and June and the handmade ring thing). The characters are very flat and the romance is either non-existent or all-encompassing (but only for like two pages and then it's gone again). The plot is so full of holes, I felt like water trying to stay in a sieve. The whole thing about how memories arrive/wher ...more
Debra Elsner
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to NetGalley for providing me with an eARC in exchange for an honest review.
The world in this book is pretty much ruled by the memory you receive from your future self when you turn 17. You find out what your profession will be, will you be famous? or will you be a criminal? When Callie turns 17, she goes through the procedure. Her future memory is catastrophic. She sees that she murders her own baby sister. After she was arrested and sent to "limbo" where you wait for the vision to come
Louise
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Thought this book was wholly average for its genre. Whole pages are dedicated to storylines that don't really add to the plot, and then will simply just gloss over key parts. Ultimately, a very generic read.
Haadiya // Hiatus
Mini Review

“Knowing the future doesn’t take away my free will. I have complete control over my actions”

Look at that, I'm writing this review after i finished the whole series.
How smart of me.

In all honesty I didnt love the first book that much i mean it was interesting and all, which is why I continued the series anyway, but it wasnt THAT level of awesome, it was good, but some parts were actually pretty boring

The beginning of this book was fast paced, and great, I really liked
Yvonne (bookishpanda)

*3.5 stars*

How about I start off with: I REALLY ENJOYED THIS! It's Pintip Dunn's debut novel and made me excited to read future books by her as well. Apparently this series is a trilogy and I ALREADY CAN'T WAIT!

In Forget Tomorrow we follow the main character, Calla Ann Stone, on her mission to change her future. At the age of 17, everyone gets a so-called "memory" from their future self. It shows them how their life will be like and can be about anything and everything - your career, who you'
Cristina Valencia
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've always found the concept of time travel, or in this case, knowing what the future will be, fascinating. I don't necessarily believe in fate myself, but this kind of theme usually results in very interesting works of fiction. Who knows, maybe in the future, this won't be fiction anymore? Anyway, Forget Tomorrow caught my attention for this reason and had me cooking up theories even before I started reading.

According to the book, your future self sends a vision to show you what you become. T
julieta
Dec 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
I feel so cheated. The description made it look like a cool. interesting book but guess what?:it sucks. Another shitty attempt to dystopia with overloading useless romance and a very dumb main character.
Becky Carr
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Forget Tomorrow is funny, swoony, and has a complicated futuristic world built around memories that are sent back from the person's future self.. On their 17th birthday, every boy and girl in this society receives a memory from their future selves that tells them who they'll be. Perhaps it'll reveal that they're meant to be an award-winning scientist, the next chairwoman for the Future Memory Agency, or a gold medalist in swimming. Callie, however, finds out that she's going to be a criminal. Sh ...more
Giselle
The notion of a world where at age seventeen, one receives a memory straight from the future. Letting one know if they'll be successful or happy, or a criminal. Reminded me of the movie "Minority Report" with Tom Cruise, only in YA form. Going on the run, finding out why her future memory is happening has the exact same drive of plot like the movie and I loved it.

I liked Callie. She was utterly devoted to her family, though I wish I could have seen a bit more development with her sister to reall
Meredith
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
That ending is INSANE!
Karen
This review was done by KissinBlueKaren

This story was just okay for me. In the reading of Forget Tomorrow, I struggled with the story line, the main character, and the romance.

So in this story every 17 year old gets a memory from their future which is suppose to tell them what to do with their life. Most kids find the right career for them, they see themselves happy and fulfilled in their future. Once in a while a kid gets an atypical memory which shows them a crime, or something awful that ha
Carol
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book was sent to me by the publisher through BookTubeTours in exchange for an honest review.

My initial thoughts:
Let me start of by saying that this book had a good cast of characters, an intriguing futuristic setting, and the writing was solid. Usually those three things would make a very interesting novel, but for some reason it didn't this time around. The story line pacing was irregular. It didn't flow well. The events felt rushed and under developed. I think if the characters would
Josh
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I had the distinct honor of reading first time Author Pintip Dunn's new book, Forget Tomorrow. This past Tuesday, November 3rd, the book hit stores nationwide and has already gathered quite a following. Personally speaking I blazed through the pages in a matter of days and could probably be considered one of Mrs. Dunn's new groupies. The story-line was fast paced, mysterious, and grabs you from the very start. Simply put: I loved it! With that being said let's push aside all of the blushing sch
Dana Ferm
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! It was very well written. I love the relationship between Callie and Jessa! I can totally relate with the characters. Quick and easy read! I can't wait for the next book to be released!
  • Until We Meet Again
  • Mindwalker (Mindwalker, #1)
  • Blood, Ink & Fire
  • Now That You're Here (Duplexity #1)
  • The Leveller (The Leveller, #1)
  • Awakening
  • The Corridor (The Corridor Duology, #1)
  • The Body Institute
  • Next Door to a Star
  • A Healing Spirit (Riverview Series #2)
  • Titans
  • The Edge of Forever (The Edge of Forever #1)
  • Hello?
  • Fjord Blue
  • Bluescreen (Mirador, #1)
  • Summoner Rising (Laws of Summoning, #1)
  • The Scorpion Rules (Prisoners of Peace, #1)
  • Becoming Darkness
Pintip Dunn is a New York Times bestselling author of young adult fiction. She graduated from Harvard University, magna cum laude, with an A.B., and received her J.D. at Yale Law School.

Her novel FORGET TOMORROW won the 2016 RWA RITA® for Best First Book, and SEIZE TODAY won the 2018 RITA for Best Young Adult Romance. Her books have been translated into four languages, and they have been nominate

Forget Tomorrow (3 books)
  • Remember Yesterday (Forget Tomorrow, #2)
  • Seize Today (Forget Tomorrow, #3)