Start by marking “Bliss” as Want to Read:
Bliss

Bliss

Sophia Marcus, 21, has already mapped out every aspect of her glamorous life as a Hollywood actor on her vision board. But her life right now in Toronto is anything but exciting. Attending fruitless auditions during the day and working at a douche-y club at night, Sophia is starting to feel like she's going nowhere...slowly.

Demi Michaels, Sophia's best friend, didn't go to
Published October 6th 2015 by St. Martin's Press (first published September 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Bliss, please sign up.
Kassandra Izaguirre this book does hold a lot of mature content and Shay did say that she did not recommend it to her younger fans, I personally would not recommend it,…morethis book does hold a lot of mature content and Shay did say that she did not recommend it to her younger fans, I personally would not recommend it, but if you think you're mature enough for it then by all means you should go for it (less)
Tony I'm sure you can find it online somewhere that would ship to Nigeria. I'm sure Amazon would. And I on the other hand from Sena love this book so far,…moreI'm sure you can find it online somewhere that would ship to Nigeria. I'm sure Amazon would. And I on the other hand from Sena love this book so far, don't let others tell you what to read, you do you!(less)

Krysta
Jun 01, 2015 marked it as unlikely
Set in the exotic, intoxicating worlds of Hollywood, Thailand, and London, Bliss paints a relatable portrait of life in your early twenties with equal parts optimism and fear, hope and disappointment, expectation and reality.
Erin Dunn
Jun 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads, dnf
Omg I won this in the goodreads giveaways. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT!!! :

I really wanted to like this, but I couldn't even finish it. I love PLL and Shay Mitchell, but come on! Bliss is Barbie bimbo garbage! The friends weren't even together in the same place, two of them aren't even friends anymore, the girls are all brainless, and the plot is excruciatingly simple and dull. I was hoping for a cool friendship journey novel set in Hollywood or maybe with some traveling too, but that's not what I go
Sara Santos
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I felt a little bit disapointed with this book.
The characters were mehh and I completely hated Leandra's character.
Michelle
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book as an advanced release copy from a Goodreads giveaway.

I'm giving this 4 stars for being really good at doing a really good job of what it was trying to do. This is a fun, light book. I read a few heavy books in a row and I really appreciated the easy going storyline here.

Three girls were best friends in highschool, four years later they have spilt up to some degree. Sophia wants to be an actress, her best friends are Demi and Leandra.
Leandra is basically trying to find the p
Madeline A.
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars but i rounded it up. This book centers around 3 girls, Sophia , Demi and Leandra . The girls are spoiled and privileged . This is an easy read, the book caught my eye because of Shay Mitchell's name as the author. The book reminds me of a Girl esque type of book . The book describes everyone as stunning , which seems unrealistic but it caught my attention throughout the story. Leandra's character annoyed me because she was so vapid and materialistic. She has no aspirations for herself. ...more
Roshini
Oct 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 24
This is, quite literally, one of the worst books I have read. Apart from being badly written, the characters are disgustingly superficial and entitled. It actually made me angry, and I'd much rather have read the instruction manual of a hairdryer than this. It's also "books" (if that's what we're going to call it) like this that perpetuate the image of women being uni-dimensional and shallow.
Whitley
Sep 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
*I received this book through Goodreads First Reads in exchange for an honest review. *

As much as I love Shay Mitchell from seeing her in PLL, this book is horrible. I tried so hard to at least get through the first hundred pages to see if it got any better, and I had to stop at page 82. I can't even finish the book.

Why do I not love thee? Let me count the ways...
First, the characters. Each of the three protagonists are described to the reader in the least helpful manner possible. All three girl
Lorryn Woodward
Feb 24, 2017 marked it as dnf
Shelves: 2017-read
I was ready to quit by the end of the epilogue but I stuck it out until I finished the first chapter. I don't like the characters and the writing was horrible. To me it sounds fake and forced. No thanks.
Sara H
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So this book is not literature. it's just a story that will lift your spirits. a light read that'll give you some hope. the characters are very relatable and the stort is very light. the language is simple. i enjoyed reading it!
Denise
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
Cute book. Couldn't put it down once I started. My favorite character was Demi. The story was well written and I liked how it changed to each character's perspective every chapter.
Samantha (SundressSecrets)
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I love Shay and I love Pretty Little Liars! I really enjoyed this book! Definitely seeing this as the perfect vacation book or perfect beach read. Loved how she and Michaela added a note about being under 18 and to talk to their parents about certain things written in this book! I really recommend this book!
Ashley
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely could not put this book down! I am a huge fan of Shay Mitchell, as Pretty Little Liars is my favorite TV show, and she delivered with her first fiction novel. If you enjoy stories of friendship, love and travel, then this is the book for you. It can get a little difficult to keep up with the characters whereabouts without getting them confused, but is otherwise an easy read.
Amanda
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Once you get past the materialistic façade, this book actually turns out to be a good read. There are some redeeming storylines about relationships with friends, boyfriends, and family that most girls can relate to. And for a bonus there are even recipes incorporated into the book.

*I received this book as part of a Goodreads giveaway.*
Krys
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great story and characters, except for Leandra. I know everyone has that 1 friend and people have their own way of coping but jeeze I didn't really enjoy reading about her. Other than her, I enjoyed reading this book. I won this book from a GoodReads First Reads giveaway.
Kaylee
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good, I highly recommend it
Romancing the Book
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Lori
Book provided by the publisher
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

If the reader enjoys chick lit, then this book will be the perfect fit. This book reminds me almost of reality television almost with some drama, and friends not liking each other anymore because they got into an argument. This book is chock full of drama, and angst, but in a funny entertaining way. Angst seems to go hand in hand with being young and in the early twenties. I remember so well.

Despite me not being
Tamara Van dishoeck
drie meiden alle drie 21 en ooit waren ze beste vriendinnen nu kunnen twee elkaar niet uitstaan en ieders leven hun eigen leven met hun eigen problemen. Leandra mocht ik niet echt en dat bleef het hele boek door, vond haar erg oppervlakkig en een kreng. de andere twee dames mocht ik meer. het boek las erg makkelijk weg en zat vol met drama. heb er wel van genoten. was geen fantastisch boek maar wel een vermakelijk boek.
Muriël Valckx
Apr 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
The story had no clear plot to it. Sometimes when you read a book, the first few chapters seem to be meaningless and then suddenly something happens. That moment never came with this story.
The characters were all a bit superficial. I found it hard to remember who was who, especially when the story started introducing so many new characters. The book was not exciting at all. I was happy when I finished it.
Abi Phillips
May 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Elyse
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5 out of 5 stars. Spoilers ahead.

Alright. Just finished this and i am super sorry to say that it wasn't as good as i hoped it would be. I only read this because i am a fan of Shay Mitchell and i used to watch Pretty Little Liars religiously (read all 16 books too). Its blatantly clear that the character of Sophia is based off of Shay herself. But its like ok, if this character is based off of you, who were your friends back in the day and why the hell did you hang out with people that kept mak
Betty
Jul 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
I was really looking forward to reading this book. It was something new for me. I am not one to read celebrities’ books, but I received it from GoodReads First Reads program.

I suppose this might be popular among the much younger demography, but I cringe to think of them reading it. It was poorly written and the characters were self-centered airheads. I found it to be very dull and predictable.

Demi is irresponsible and not trustworthy. Leandra is a total bimbo! Travels the world using one rich m
Elizabeth
Source: I checked this book out of the library.

Note: These are my personal opinions. I received no outside person comments or opinions.

First off, I am a huge PLL fan. But I did not go into reading this book blindly. I read the reviews and knew full well that the writing and characterization wasn't great.

I read 3 pages before I gave up. That must be a new record for me.

I was so surprised by how self entitled the characters were. I also felt like because of the way the book was written that a grad
Catherine Kennedy
Oct 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Kept me interested in the characters - but overall nothing too great in here. It was also my first stab at an audiobook, convenient but just not the same.
Tony
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Full review posted on my blog.

Readingee
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
I liked the book, however, I don't think it lived up to the hype that surrounded it. I think the primary reason I chose to read this book was because I am a massive fan of Shay Mitchell and all she does, and I was hoping for an equally exciting and insightful novel.

Personally, I think it was my fault for not reading the blurb initially, but I thought this was going to be formatted like a self help book and I didn't realise it would be a narrative. I liked the quotes that kicked off every chapte
Kayleigh Brookes
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I was excited to start reading this book, it sounded like it would have an interesting plot. Its something more of a light read during the summer, which is what I was looking for. I enjoyed it. The characters were vastly different from one another.

While reading it though, I had mixed emotions. I wasn't sure if I should keep reading or put it down. I have to admit, Leandra drove me mental. All those poor guys she left behind and used and abused made me sick. She's a character I can honestly say I
Nicole (taleswithnicole)
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was originally drawn to this book for the obvious reason, one of the authors is from Pretty Little Liars. I haven't seen many reviews for Bliss, but the ones I have seen haven't lived up to the hype I was hoping for. Regardless I was still excited to experience this book and see what Shay Mitchell had to offer as a writer.

I think I read this book at the right place in my life. Already in my mid twenties I have a few years experience negotiating the waters of friends, work and relationships. I
Cecily Kyle
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: towers-vi
This book reminded me so much of either one of Lauren Conrad's series Fame or LA Candy. However, this book is a little bit more brutal and a little more intense when it comes to the things that happen with the girls. I couldn't tell you which ones I like more but I am kind of sad this is just a stand alone novel because I want to know more about what the girls get up to.
I will say though, that it was hard for me to get to like the girls because of their attitudes and how they treat other people
Ashley
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
I finished this book in 3 days, giving it 3 stars. I liked that it was an easy read. I liked the quotes at the beginning of each new chapter. Not bad for a first time author.

The biggest issue I had was the 3 main female characters kept jumping from guy to guy. Having sexing left and right without even knowing the guy then they get pissed off when their true colours show. I'll just say it the authors made Leandra a whore. That's just my opinion. She was by far the worst character and had no deve
Juliet Picard
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
HMSA Summer Reading: Spoilers: Bliss 1 2 Aug 20, 2017 05:39PM
HMSA Summer Reading: Book Review: Bliss 1 4 Aug 25, 2016 06:14PM
  • Between the Stars and Sky
  • Stepsisters
  • Eurydice Street: A Place in Athens
  • Charlie (Snowy Cove, #1)
  • How to Choose a Partner (The School of Life Book 5)
  • Places To Go, People To See
  • life.love.beauty
  • Island in the Sea: A Majorca Love Story
  • The Untold Stories of Broadway (Volume 1)
  • Cheer
  • Mannen som slutade ljuga
  • The Possibility of Snow
  • Among the Survivors
  • The Dead Girl's Shoes
  • Break Line (Off Ocean Ave, #1)
  • Perfect Girl
  • The Doctor's Undoing
  • The Loyalist's Wife (The Loyalist Trilogy, #1)
SHAY MITCHELL, 28, is a Canadian actress and star of the ABC family drama Pretty Little Liars. In addition to acting and running her lifestyle blog amoreandvita.com, Shay works with the Free the Children Foundation, an organization that fights exploitation of children around the world; The Trevor Project, a suicide prevention organization, and the NOH8 Campaign for marriage and gender equality.