Start by marking “Sleeping with Her Enemy (49th Floor, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sleeping with Her Enemy (49th Floor, #2)

Sleeping with Her Enemy

(49th Floor #2)

He'll complicate all her plans...

Amy Morrison is supposed to be at her wedding. But when her husband-to-be jilts her at the altar, a distraught Amy runs to the only place she feels safe—her office. Besides, everyone who works on her floor is at her wedding...except him. Dax Harris. Playboy, executive, and Amy's official office enemy.

While he and Amy don't see eye-to-eye
Published February 23rd 2015 by Entangled: Indulgence

To ask other readers questions about Sleeping with Her Enemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleeping with Her Enemy

Michelle
ARC provided by publisher/author in exchange of honest review

[image error]

Imagine having your fiancé tell you that he doesn’t love you anymore on the morning of your wedding day and that one moment where you thought you could live happily ever after is shattered. Humiliated and having your life turned upside down instantly, Amy Morrison seeked the only place she knew she could be left alone to drown in her own misery...the office. Well as it turns out broken-hearted Amy was not alone in the off
Chachic
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chachic by: Brandy Painter
I read Saving the CEO but wasn't that impressed with it, so I wasn't planning to read Sleeping with Her Enemy. But then I saw my good friend Brandy's review and I decided to give it a try. It's easy to give in when the book's price is just USD 0.99! I'm glad I picked it up. I liked this a lot better than the first book (I've mostly forgotten what happened in that one).

The book summary makes it seem like the two MCs jumped into bed right after the girl was left at the altar but that's not what r
Mandy
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a really sweet enemies to lovers story. Amy is a jilted bride, dumped just a few hours before her wedding by her boyfriend of 7 years. Dex doesn't do relationships after a really bad experience. Dex and Amy work on the same floor but for different companies. They bump heads every time they see each other, often fighting. When Amy is left at the alter, she escapes to the one place where she feels safe and knows is empty on Saturday - her office. What she doesn't expect is to run into Dex ...more
Katie
OH YEAH, THIS WAS GOOD.

As others have said, the description is a bit misleading. Amy and Dax don't jump into bed right away after she's jilted. Their relationship takes time to develop.

AND THERE'S BASICALLY NO DRAMA! I'm so often braced for that last minute silly drama before the happy ending, but that didn't happen here!

And it was just well done, with good characters, and believable. (And nice baseball references for me! Brandon Morrow!)

I also really believed their initial dislike of each other
Jacqueline J
Sweet enemies to lovers story. Well written and good plotting and character development. I was a bit disappointed that although the character is half Chinese, he is described as having totally inherited his father's English looks while his sister looks Chinese. What was the point really then? Still it was a fun quick read.
Nadia
Too cute. Also the model on the cover is fiiiiine.
FV Angela
Review originally posted at http://fictionvixen.com/review-sleepi...

You guys!! I love this author! Sleeping with Her Enemy is the second book in Jenny Holiday’s 49th Floor series. It’s also her second published book ever. I talked about how much I enjoyed book one in this series, Saving the CEO, in a WTRW post a couple of weeks ago and how much it sucked that she didn’t have a backlist to dive into. So I was pretty stoked to have this baby hit my Kindle this week. I might have even liked it bett
Brandy Painter
This book was so much my favorite brand of romance crack
Excellent banter? Check
Enemies to respect to friends to lovers? Check
Slow burn sexual development? Check
Minimum of unnecessary drama? Check

I enjoyed this book so much and had a great time reading it. I enjoyed Saving the CEO but wasn't as thrilled with the drama shenanigans at the end of that one. (Jack is the King of Overreaction.) Still, I enjoyed it enough to buy this when I saw it was on sale. I was a bit wary due to the synopsis but I
Blushing Reader
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-books-read
When you are having the worst day of your life and you realize you have no one to call or anywhere else to go, sometimes life hands you the unexpected. Jenny Holiday has created a story that really sucks you in from the beginning (or the blurb, if you are like me) and keeps you riveted until the end. Sleeping with Her Enemy was an unexpected gem! While friends to lovers may be my favorite book trope, the idea of two people that can't get along without arguing turning into friends, then lovers wa ...more
4 Stars

Sleeping With Her Enemy is my first Jenny Holiday novel and will not be my last. It tells the story of Amy whose fiancee breaks up with her on their wedding day. In order to deal with the situation, she goes to the place that she feels most comfortable...her office in downtown Toronto. What she doesn't expect is to run into her work nemesis, Dax, and she also doesn't expect him to help her on the worst day of her life and become someone she can't imagine living without.

I was surprised at
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: It didn't work for me, so can't really recommend.
Recommended to Michelle by: Dear Author
12/21/2015 -- 2 Stars

So, this was rated A- on DA. I'm in some sort of a book slump, so thought I'd try it. I'm at 25% and it just does nothing for me. Not bad writing, but nothing really happening and nothing unique about the story. Giving up on it. I found it rather boring and unimaginable.

Happy Reading!
Clare
May 31, 2019 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF 32% Theres really nothing wrong with this, I’m just finding it a bit boring. I don’t like using DNF, but when it becomes a chore to keep reading you know it’s time to stop and move on
Celestine
May 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Dianna

Amy’s been in a seven year relationship with Mason. She supported him through med school and, on the morning of their wedding, he jilts her. ‘I don’t think I love you anymore,’ he tells her tearfully. Amy goes to the office.

She’s upset, but not heartbroken. It’s clear to her that while she’s hurt, while this devastates the plans for the life she thought she wanted to lead, Mason was actually a bit of a jerk and she’s probably better off without him.

Dax, Amy’s sworn enemy is at their office on
Bubu
Mar 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: cr, 3-stars
Warning: spoilers ahead! (I think)

Again, don’t let the tags confuse you. If I compare this with Wallbanger, I’d never think of Sleeping with Her Enemy as Chick Lit. Also, seriously? Erotica? Nope, it’s not Erotica. If anything, this one is less steamy than Saving the CEO.

Now that I’ve got this out of the way, I must say that I didn’t like this one quite as much as the previous book. By the way, the h/H of the first one make their appearances here.

The first 30% were actually really nicely done. A
Elisabeth Lane
Feb 24, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
I got about a third of the way into this book and, frankly, there wasn't enough conflict for me. Though it was described as "enemies-to-lovers", a favorite trope of mine, aside from a few snarky comments the heroine and hero make to each other, they just weren't that mean. From the very beginning, it's clear that they have a lot in common and I just didn't understand why they "didn't like each other". Nor did I see much evidence of dislike. It was like The Cutting Edge: foreplay. But without the ...more
Elizabeth
8/2017 - Well...upon a reread, I didn't like this as much which makes me sad. I maaaay have gotten to excited about the white woman/asian man pairing which I sadly haven't really seen otherwise in romance. I mean...it was still alright, but not what I generally need for me to really love the writing.

4.5

Whew - this was HOT. Not going to lie, I grabbed this primarily because it was free at the time and in no small part because there's a smokin hot Asian guy. This was basically everything I'd want
Irene
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 very satisfying stars

What a fun and entertaining story Sleeping with Her Enemy turned out to be, I really enjoyed it =)

Amy and Dax are both lovable and memorable characters, loved seeing their relationship go from enemies to frenemies-with-benefits to something more... *swoon*

This book ticked all the boxes for me, I couldn't put it down. It was fast-paced, fun, sweet, romantic and sexy.

I highly recommend Sleeping with Her Enemy and the 49th Floor series https://www.goodreads.com/series/1394..
Jess
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
THIS WAS GOOD.

I like a good frenemy story, and I like more when people are supportive of each other and adult, and this (mostly) had that in spades. I could have done with slightly more of them actually together before the inevitable dumb, but that this didn't end with proposals (thank you, thank you, thank you), I was more willing to roll with this.

I am kind of loving this Canadian romance kick I am on lately and would like it to continue.
Beth
Jan 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Three stars means "liked it" and also "I am picky," because there's nothing wrong with this - at all - but it also moves so quickly and almost painlessly that it doesn't feel earned. But it's light and cute and frothy and a good way to pass an hour.
Allison (The Allure of Books)
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Allison (The Allure of Books) by: Chachic
Best romance I've read in a good long while! The title, however...
Hisgirl85
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, kindle
4 stars of sweetness
Janell Sutherland
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is the second in a series about hot, rich guys who work on the 49th floor of a fancy Toronto office building. I loved the first one; it made me realize that not all romance heroes in suits were cold, domineering jerks. So I was anxious and hopeful about the second book — would I believe in the romance? It’s totally different from the first book and, yep, I believed it.

The book opens just after Amy Morrison has been jilted by her fiancé. He dumped her an hour before the wedding, like a champ
Suzanne
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Series Catch-Up (A book in a series you are behind on)

Fantastic follow up to 'Saving The CEO', the first book in the 49th Floor series. I chose Jenny Holiday's 'Sleeping with Her Enemy' because I enjoyed the wit, intelligence, charm and fresh authorial voice of Book 1. I have a decided preference for intelligent heroes and heroines, the smarter the better, even if they veer into the province of geekiness. In 'Sleeping with Her Enemy', the hero is a phenomenally talented software developer. The
Ashley Nelson
Cute enemies to friends to more story. Amy's perfect planned life falls apart when her boyfriend of seven years leaves her at the alter. Escaping to her safe place, the office, she bumps into her number one sparring partner Dax. Normally they'd be at each other with snide comments, but Dax can't quite go there when Amy is in tears. He takes her out for a drink where they both begin to realize perhaps the other isn't what they assumed after all. Here's where you think they will hook up as a rebou ...more
April Symes
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
***A gifted copy was provided by the publisher for an honest review***

Sleeping With Her Enemy by Jenny Holiday is a story about a woman who is told the morning of her wedding by her fiancé’ that he no longer loves her and that the wedding is off. Amy Morrison is that woman and she is devastated. She finds that her life is turned up side down and doesn’t know where to turn so she goes to her job where she finds her office mate who is also her office enemy Dax Harris.
Dax Harris is at work and he
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
**My thanks to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing LLC, for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

I really liked this book. Amy was fun and very slightly nuts and owned who she was. She has a good friend in Cassie.

Although Dax and Amy are supposed to be enemies you really don't get to see much of it, just little hits that soon disappear as the chemistry and friendship take over in its place.

Dax is really sweet. He helps his parents where he can, obviously loves his sister Kat and hi
Aarati
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars to this hot and sweet contemporary romance. Even though it's my first Jenny Holiday book I thoroughly enjoyed it. The characters were good, the story was good and it was all around fun to read.

Amy after being left by her fiancee a few hours before the wedding is on a quest to find herself. It shouldn't matter if her office-enemy Dax Harris, playboy extraordinaire, a smart and sexy pain in her butt helps her do that. The way Amy and Dax's relationship progressed, I really enjoyed it. T
Rachel
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Was in a bit of romance funk. This book knocked me out. I'm about to buy the first in the series, which looks equally amazing. Absolutely LOVED this one. Loved Dax -- mending his player ways. Loved his family, his sister, loved, loved, loved poor deluded Amy --with her plans and her "nice" guys and her Tinder attempt. This is a FANTASTIC book. Funny, sweet, and romantic -- and yes, HOT. So very hot. One of my favorites this year. Move over Julie James, I have a new spot on my auto buy author lis ...more
Grace
There was nothing inherently wrong with this, but there was nothing that made it spark for me on a character or a relationship level. I think I liked it more for the first 1/3 - 1/2 of the story, but I never got there with the end, which felt pretty rushed to me anyway.

So not bad, but really just fine. I'm already reading the third, which was the one in this series I was really interested in anyway, and that may be the one that works for me.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Entangled in Romance: Jenny Holiday is back with a new release! 1 5 Feb 23, 2015 10:15AM

• Rude (House Of Payne, #4)
  • Vindicate (Recovered Innocence, #1)
  • Lust is the Thorn
  • Mr. Blackwell: Part Two (A Billionaire Romance)
  • Naked (Body & Soul, #1)
  • Deal Breaker (Billionaire Bosses, #2)
  • A Crown of Bitter Orange (La Vie en Roses, #3)
  • Special Interests (The Easy Part, #1)
  • Kavanagh Christmas (Kavanagh Legends, #5)
  • Deep Cover (Love Over Duty, #3)
  • Hold My Heart (Heart #1)
  • Punctured, Bruised, and Barely Tattooed
  • Prima Donna (Friends First, #2)
  • Token (Daring the Kane Brothers, #1)
  • A Devil in Disguise
  • The Nekkid Truth
  • Unblocked - Episode Four (Timber Towers, #4)
  • All I Have (A Farmers' Market Story, #1)
Jenny Holiday started writing in fourth grade, when her awesome hippie teacher, between sessions of Pete Seeger singing and anti-nuclear power plant letter writing, gave the kids notebooks and told them to write stories. Most of Jenny’s featured poltergeist, alien invasions, or serial killers who managed to murder everyone except her and her mom. She showed early promise as a romance writer, thoug ...more

49th Floor (4 books)
  • Saving the CEO (49th Floor, #1)
  • The Engagement Game (49th Floor, #3)
  • His Heart's Revenge (49th Floor, #4)
“You’re not getting any younger. You can only be a canoeing, programming, hermit bachelor, CEO rich dude for so long.” 0 likes