Start by marking “Desde que te fuiste” as Want to Read:
Desde que te fuiste

Desde que te fuiste

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  55,930 Ratings  ·  7,724 Reviews
Emily y Sloane siempre han sido mejores amigas. Pero, justo antes del que debería haber sido el verano más épico de todos, Sloane simplemente... desaparece. Y lo único que deja atrás es una lista de cosas por hacer.
En ella, hay trece tareas que Emily no haría jamás. Pero ¿y si sirvieran para devolverle a su amiga? ¿Coger manzanas por la noche? Vale, eso es fácil. ¿Bailar
Published May 7th 2015 by Plataforma Neo (first published May 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Desde que te fuiste, please sign up.

Amicha It's recommended for 12 and up, which is fine, but I'd say it probably interests more of the 14-18ish range, so around 8th-12th grade.

Typically, I'd…more

Typically, I'd recommend it for someone looking for a good summer read or just an overall exciting book filled with unusual, daring things. It's fantastic and I totally recommend it.(less)

Kaitlyn
I get the Kelly Clarkson song running through my head every time I see this book. :P

Raeleen Lemay
May 12, 2015 Raeleen Lemay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
In a well-ordered universe.... everybody would read this book.

Seriously. It was amazing. If you loved, or even mildly enjoyed Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, pick up this book. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.
Christine Riccio
I LOVED THIS OH SO MUCH. <3
Maureen
May 10, 2016 Maureen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2014
Reread June 21-23 2015 for #monthofmatson

OH MY GOSH THE FEEEEEEELS. This was the first Morgan Matson book I read and it's still just as good. I love the friendship element, I love the facing fears element, I LOVE FRANK. SO FREAKING MUCH. FRANK IS SO BAE SO SO BAE. HOW DOES MORGAN MATSON WRITE THE BEST GUY CHARACTERS EVER. HOW???
Okay I'm done. I just love this book a lot.

Reread via audiobook May 6-May 10 2016 for #monthofmatson YEAR 2
This has solidified itself as my favorite MM book. It's so freA
Zoë
Jun 08, 2016 Zoë rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Watch my interview with Morgan Matson here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVqHE...

Seriously the best book I've read in a while! I am completely obsessed with Morgan Matson's writing and how she can make such a cute story without it being sickly sweet or cheesy! This is a story that will stick with me for a while and I definitely want to see it become a movie!
Emily May
*Maybe* I am too old for this book. That is one possible explanation. The other possible explanation is that this book really is just kinda lame. And tame.

Since You've Been Gone tries to be a cutesy summer story about the friendship between two teenage girls. Which was exactly what I wanted. It also tries to be a tale about a girl learning to take chances, be a little rebellious and try new things. Misspent youth and all that jazz. And I can totally get into the excitement of a good-girl-gone-ba
karen
Mar 15, 2015 karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: why-yes-i-ya
this is not the kind of book i would ordinarily read. i tend to stay away from contemporary YA novels, ones where real-seeming teens do real-seeming things. give me grand battles to the death, or a pandemic of some kind, zombies or even just basic wilderness survival, and i am on board. but teens who aren't in peril in some way?? not usually gonna blip my radar.

but i read this one at the urging of a work-friend, and i gotta say, i enjoyed it. yeah, it's just an unchallenging summer read, but it
Kate ♡
Sep 27, 2015 Kate ♡ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

At first i was a bit apprehensive about this book, probably because of its length and the amount of hype its received, but oh my gosh, a book has never lived up more to the hype, and well and truly exceeded my expectations. It was everything I wanted it to be, yet nothing I expected it to be and so much more.
In other words, I CANNOT EXPRESS MY LOVE FOR THIS BOOK ENOUGH, AHH

This book was unlike any contemporary novel I've read before. It was a perfect blend
Whitney Atkinson
Jun 22, 2015 Whitney Atkinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really, really enjoyable! The first 100 pages I was hooked and I loved it, but the book started to lose its luster from then on out. I thought this book was the perfect summer read and it put me in a great, summery mood. I thought the story was interesting and I was definitely unable to put this book down, hence why i'm writing this review at 3:30 in the morning and I have a job interview in less than 7 hours. But really quickly I began to notice that Emily was a bit of a coward. S ...more
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)

Real friends are the ones you can count on no matter what. The ones who go into the forest to find you and bring you home. And real friends never have to tell you that they’re your friends.

This book was so fun and cute. I rarely read young adult contemporaries because I feel like I've outgrown that stage of my life, but Since You've Been Gone gave me all the giddy school girl feels that I've missed from way back when while I was in high school.

I just loved the whole concept of the list and t
Farah
Jun 16, 2014 Farah marked it as on-hold  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-authors

That was basically my reaction when I found out there was going to be a new book by Morgan Matson. I've got to mention that she is one of the most underrated authors ever, which is not fair because her books are amazing! I, myself, wouldn't have heard about Amy and Roger's Epic Detour and Second Chance Summer if it weren't for Goodreads. So I guess I'm glad I'm on this site and OH MY GOD, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW HAPPY I AM THAT MORGAN MATSON IS WRITING NEW BOOKS! I adore her and I just know tha
Jillian (bookishandnerdy)
asjhsflkdlgjfgkfg;kf LOOOOOOVED THIS OMG MORGAN MATSON HOW DO YOU DO THIS TO ME.

full review to come.
Aj the Ravenous Reader

I met my best friend when I was 11 and almost 20 years, dozens of fights and thousands of miles apart later, she and I are still best friends and I honestly don’t think I would have survived those scary stages of life without her. Why am I suddenly sharing this random information? Because I was very much inspired by the story I have just read about two best friends and how they shaped each other to be the persons they are.

I grew up used to the idea that everything could change except my family
Liam
Apr 09, 2015 Liam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
In a well ordered universe everyone will have read this book and loved it just as much as I did!!

What a fantastic read this book has been! I have not been so emotionally invested in a book in a while and this one completely swept me up and took me on a super cute and brilliant journey!

First thing first, I'm going to talk about the writing because wOW THE WRITING! It made the book, characters, world etc all seem incredibly real and I truly felt like I was there in the story with Emily our main ch
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Review originally posted at Mostly YA Lit

Since You've Been Gone was my most anticipated contemporary YA of this spring - I LOVED Morgan Matson's first novel, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour. I loved it so much that she inspired me to start writing my own novel...which is currently sitting dustily on my computer. ANYWAY.

Because Matson has previously written about loss, I wasn't sure what to expect from this book about the loss of a friendship - one that the protagonist, Emily, feels deeply. Emily i
Karmen (readingoncloud9)
All of Morgan Matson's books that I've read so far have been 5 stars for me. ...more
Elisabeth

Love love loved it!! I identified so much with Emily its kind of eerie. Her story was both fun and inspiring and left me wanting more. Like seriously where is the epilogue!!
Regan
Mar 31, 2014 Regan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
4.5

A great story that makes me waaaay excited for summer.
Angela
I love everything Morgan writes. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour made me smile uncontrollably, and Second Chance Summer made me cry uncontrollably. So, HELL YES, I'M READING THIS.
Anja
Aug 18, 2015 Anja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*5 SUMMERY STARS*

This book is such a perfect summer read!
Even though it's currently raining outside here, this book really made me feel happy and wanting to go on adventures and meet new people!
Since You've Been Gone is about Emily, who wakes up one day, discovering that her best friend is gone but she left her a list of things to do. In the process of doing that, Emily makes new friends, falls in love, finds herself and figures out why her best friend left and where she went.
This book isn't th
Kristina Horner
I had a very interesting relationship with this book. I ended up giving it a 3.5, because while I enjoyed reading it in the end, I definitely had some issues with it.

First of all, I started to think the point of the book was Emily realizing Sloane wasn't a very good friend after all. I was really bothered by the fact that Sloane put "Penelope" on the list, when Emily had made it extremely clear to her that she wasn't interested in using a fake ID and going to a bar, and even though she ended up
Tabetha
Sep 27, 2015 Tabetha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites-recent
Rating: 5 stars Review: "I had kissed someone tonight, which I certainly had not been expecting to do...but for a moment, it had made me feel brave.
And as I tilted my head back to look at the stars, I began to really understand, for the first time, just why Sloane sent me the list."

Emily's best friend Sloane suddenly moves, leaving no trace of where she can be found. Emily soon receives an envelope addressed to her with a list inside, a list from Sloane of tasks that Emily needs to complete...
Shannon (leaninglights)
Originally Read: Summer 2014
Reread: June 2016

I loved it so much. My original view has all my detailed thoughts so I'll leave it at that. But a Frank Porter gives me life. Enough said!!!

--------------------------------------

I can't stop shaking my head and smiling. I officially have a love affair with Morgan Matson's writing. I can't help it, I am not ashamed and I want everyone to go out and pick up all her books. She's a diamond-in-the-rough author who somehow captures the simplest and truest o
Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)
Emily finds herself navigating the summer before senior year alone with out her best friend, Sloane. The ever confident, carefree beautiful girl who brings Emily out of her shell, they're two peas in a pod who share every minute together. But Sloane is gone, yet with no explanation she is sent a letter of things to do during the summer. Emily is determined to finish it all just so she can have a clue as to where she is.

Since You've Been Gone is a memorable friendship book. Full of tears, laught
Andie
Apr 10, 2015 Andie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first 1/4 of the book was a bit slow for me but after it picked up I really started to enjoy it. A lot!! a really great summery read. I'll definitely be reading more from Morgan Matson.
Norah Una Sumner
“I don’t think you have to do something so big to be brave. And it’s the little things that are harder anyway.”

Buddy read with Sara.

Loved this book so much. The main character is a bit weird, but in a good way. She describes Sloan as a perfect, funny, beautiful girl who everyone loves but that's obviously not true. I can relate to Emily because I definitely think low of myself and I always feel like people have no idea who a I am or that they probably think I am boring. I love how Emily b
Ariel
Jul 17, 2016 Ariel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Morgan Matson is the epitome of YA contemporary. While I did have some minor issues with this book (it felt too long to me! and at the end that type of silly conflict happened that can be solved with just a 10 second conversation!), overall it's that summery joy that you sometimes crave.

What I found most well done was the idea that the entire plot of the book is spoiled on the back of the book, you have the exact list of 13 things (it should have been like 7, too many!!) Emily is going to be doi
Cait (Paper Fury)
I LOVED THIS BOOK. It is also proof that lists solve everything. (Spoiler: I love lists too.) I just want to hug this book, maybe sob a little, but mostly LAUGH WITH JOY. I like to laugh. I love to laugh out loud, especially when it's because of a deliciously hilarious book. Peoples: this book gets all the stars and awards and cake. It made me laugh.

Books about painfully shy people can be hit or miss with me. I am painfully shy. And a lot of times books try to "fix" shy people, like being shy is
Danielle (Love at First Page)
4-4.5 stars

I absolutely adore this book! What a wonderful story about friendship, love, summer fun, lists, growing pains, and doing all the scary things that make you see yourself for the first time. When Emily wakes up to find out that her best friend, Sloane, is nowhere to be found, leaving her nothing but a to-do list to finish before the summer ends, she's understandably heartbroken. It's been the Sloane-and-Emily (emphasis on name order) for two years, and Emily can't imagine any plans with
  • Open Road Summer
  • Nantucket Red (Nantucket, #2)
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • The Art of Lainey (The Art of Lainey, #1)
  • Bright Before Sunrise
  • The Chapel Wars
  • Breakfast Served Anytime
  • Something Real (Something Real, #1)
  • Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)
  • Even in Paradise
  • #scandal
  • Every Word (Every, #2)
  • What I Thought Was True
  • Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn, #2)
  • Being Sloane Jacobs
  • The Things You Kiss Goodbye
  • The Museum of Intangible Things
  • Rites of Passage
Morgan Matson grew up in New York City and Greenwich, Connecticut. She attended Occidental College in Los Angeles but halfway though a theater degree, she started working in the children's department of Vroman's Bookstore and fell in love with YA literature.

Following college graduation (and the proud bearer of an incredibly useful theater/English degree) she moved back East to attend the New Schoo
More about Morgan Matson...

“Real friends are the ones you can count on no matter what.
The ones who go into the forest to find you and bring you home.
And real friends never have to tell you that they’re your friends.”
383 likes
“I somehow knew that the particulars didn't matter. She was my heart, she was half of me, and nothing, certainly not a few measly hundred miles, was ever going to change that.” 258 likes