Start by marking “Accessory (The Scarab Beetle, #4)” as Want to Read:
Accessory (The Scarab Beetle, #4)

Accessory

(The Scarab Beetle #4)

Kayli Winchester is still recovering from her last adventure and is out hunting for her missing brother, Wil, when Ethan Murdock calls, asking for help. Billions of dollars have gone missing and Kayli is the perfect person to find them – as one of the few people Ethan trusts.

Only one problem: The team is led by Blake Coaltar.

Kayli negotiates her way into a co-lead position
Published August 25th 2015 by Arcato

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
I know I have a problem. A big problem.

I'm a fangirl for these books. I wait in anticipation for them to come out and when they do, I read them in a few hours and then sit there for a few hours a little ticked off.

The thing that makes me so mad is that all of these characters, while they are incredibly smart and talented are all a bunch of fucking dumbasses. Kayli, if you're having such problems with all of these attractive men wanting to get with you, then at least attempt to reject them. She g
Pao
Jun 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
I’ve had several days to cool down and change my mind, but it’s not happening. I need to get it out of my system.

And, at the end, this is just one more opinion.

So here it goes.

**LOTS OF SPOILERS AHEAD**
**LOTS OF GIFS**
**REALLY LONG BITCH FIT**

This book was doomed with me from the moment I found out it was going to be Blake's book. I've never liked Blake and Kayli was in no better place. They're mostly the main reason why I hated this but not entirely.

So, why would I read it?

Because I do like C
Marguerite (M)
Rating : 4 stars

- Kayli was less annoying
- but damn, she's a walking disaster
- the bathroom scene is the best of the series so far
- you go girl, own it
- everybody's lying and having secrets, it's hard to keep track
- Kayli is either damn stupid or fucking smart, no in between
- and i totally love her in her smart moments
- and when she's in charge and orders everyone around
- future/fancy is bloody annoying but her confidence is amazing
- Kevin who?
- hmmm omg what the fuck happened?
- hmmm please stop
Arin
Feb 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Omg you guys it's already may! Please be Ravens book please please please!

Update: got an email from cl stone saying it was going to be released In August? Not to much of an extra wait so I'll be patient (raven raven raven)
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kayli has barely recovered from her poisoning when she gets a call from a friend asking for a favor. Turns out Ethan Murdock needs help finding some bad apples stealing money from his companies. He has already recruited some of Kayli's other non-Academy friends but would like Kayli and the Academy guys too. It's a fact-finding mission that will take place on a 5 day cruise up the coast. It doesn't take long for the mission to go south, putting Kayli and those she cares about in danger.

I'm enjoyi
Siri
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yaas this book was really good. fast paced and it was never a dull moment.
Jeanny
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hell of a cliffhanger but the overall arc is moving forwar.
Kelly
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I was a little scared at first that I would be disappointed by this book or that I wouldn't be interested in the plot especially when I learned that it would be focused on Blake. It's not that I don't like him but he's not my favorite character but it wasn't always focused on him and I really loved the parts about Raven and Axel and also Marc.

However, I really enjoyed reading it. I liked the fact that Kayli finally made her point ((view spoiler)) and I'm excited
Amber Eckstein
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love the damn academy so damn much that it hurts. Some of my favorite books. When I'm depressed and there is something going on it is the books by CL Stone that get me going!

I love these guys #teamcorey #teamraven #teamblake

I fell more and more in love with Blake during this, especially at the end. (Not going to spoil that!) Love how different this team is from the other team because they are more grown up. Even though they are not much older, they seem more mature and Kayli is a whole differ
Iris (Artemis Library)
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am hooked! Love this series and of course the The Ghost Bird Series. Very addicting. Can't wait to read more by C.L. Stone. What a tease.. Great YA even for paranormal adult readers. Can't wait for Hoax in 2016. It is good it is already on goodreads so I can add it to my to-read shelf... Don't want to loose this series out of sight.
Kaila Fitz
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What this series does to me...ohmygodi'msogone
Shannon (aka The Tale Temptress)
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-arc
Yes! Now we're getting somewhere. I fell into absolute love with The Academy series, and when C.L. Stone came out with this more New Adult spin-off series, I was super excited. I've devoured every single word from each of the books. I love all of the characters. Kayli is bad ass, smart and brave, and the guys are just, well, sigh.

I had gotten to a point in the last book where I wanted to see some deeper development of the relationships in the story, and this book definitely delivered. I felt li
Csrygley
I literally spent my entire summer waiting for August 25th to arrive. Never have I wanted a summer to end so badly. Actually, never have I wanted a summer to end, ever! I wasn't excited about this book specifically (tbh, I was not looking forward to Blake's book. I kind of can't stand him) but I knew as a C.L. Stone book there would be enough of my favorite guys to make it worth while. And BOY was I right! Raven! Axel! Marc! It was a hot boy-a-palooza just the way a C.L. Stone book should be! An ...more
Diana
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lisa
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
There's just... So much polygamy in these books. The overlapping stories are interesting but seriously, why does it keep coming back to these girls having so many guys in love with them and ok with all the other guys feeling the same way?
Wendy
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

I want more!!! Can't wait til next year, lol WRITE FASTER WOMAN!! Very good books, just stringing me along, more, then more!!
Mary McFarlane
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
You're telling me I have to wait until July 2016 for the next book!!?!?!? Oh my god what a way to end it!!!
C Boers
July???

Say it isn't so! I have to wait to read the next book until July!?! Ugh!! I love this series! This one was a set up from the last book too!
Autumn Miller ~ autumnbookreads
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
WARNING: SPOILERS THROUGHOUT
C.L. Stone got her mojo back in this book! In my review of the last book, I said that the book was going around in circles and I was starting to lose interest in the plot plot. Well, she sure fixed that in this book. She balanced the romantic plot and the plot plot a lot better. The book kept my attention and was fast paced.
I felt like Kayli got her mojo back as well. I loved her in the first book, but the second and third were starting to make me dislike her. Wel
Elainesinclair
Mar 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
Shelves: c-l-stone
Terri Lytle
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mandy Haddock
Book 4

I chose this rating as it had alot of mistakes and typos in it. I have read all of the other acedemy books and a few had typos but not as many as this book. Ive loved all of them and enjoy the storylines but alot of the stuff in the other series of acedemy books left out alot of info like about volto and how they managed to get some info. Also security issues. Lets of hoax isnt as messed up as this book was.
Mariana P-Murray
I like it

It has a good plot line. I enjoyed it mostly. It felt a little drawn out and it took me forever to get through it because even, though I wanted to know what would happen, I'd get kinda bored.
Still want to read the next. And still enjoy the characters and want to know what will happen. I just hope the next book will be a little more fast paced.
Sandra Wolfe
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wasn’t really expecting that

I wasn’t expecting that ending. I keep thinking Blake is going to go away. Not really what I wanted to happen and especially for the first. These books do keep you wanting more though. I thought we would be more caught up with the Sang and her boys by now though. Now I wonder if Blake will also join the Academy.
Karma Hope
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Blake is now my favorite with Axel a close second. I cannot see what the big deal with Raven is - I find him arrogant and dirty. Brandon needs to try a little harder and Corey is so sweet I want to slap him sometimes. This book wasn't as fast paced as the others and the terrible writing is really starting to get to me!! Just one more book!
Kai P
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit. C.L stone, where the hell have you been?
Blake and the Academy boys drove me crazy. You just triggered my fantasies. I’m about to start Hoax but worried about cliffhanging. Just like Axel, I don’t like waiting on Brandon who doesn’t want to be in the dark. The boys are growing on me and I’m afraid to have a withdrawal symptoms.
Shanita
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

I absolutely loved this book. My favorite part is when the main character no longer cared about her modesty. It was hilarious and empowering for woman she wanted to be equals and that was a great way to gain power of them.
muts
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Another fantastic book. Never a dull moment.... the hunks, coultar and academey work make sure your always on the tip of your chair.
Binge reading all the books. Am addicted
Angela James
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One-click author

Eep! The suspense and mystery is this book is amazing. The angst, drama, and comedy round it out perfectly. I get sucked into the pages every time I crack a book by this author. They've become an instant one-click author for me!
J.
Jan 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
These books are a damn mess. Huge disappointment. I’m done reading them.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Lords of the Underworld Collection 1: The Darkest Night / The Darkest Kiss / The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld, #1-3)
  • Pyxis (The Stardust Series, #3)
  • Domesticated
  • Gaining Ground (Faith, #3)
  • Rescued by their Wife (Wings of Artemis, #2)
  • Finding Honor (The Searchers, #1)
  • Hold My Breath
  • Amazing Grace
  • The Anatomy of Us (WJM, #2)
  • When the Dead Come A Knockin' (The Veil Diaries, #2)
  • The First Time in Forever (Songbird Series, #1)
  • Jaden (Jaded, #3)
  • Spearwood (Spearwood, #1)
  • The Neighborhood (Twin Estates, #2)
  • Reclaimed
  • Take Me with You
C. L. Stone likes :chocolate_bar: and #findingburiedtreasure. Her books are about :revolving_hearts: and @dark_themes and #chocolatechippancakes.

If lots of book boyfriends scare you...run. Run now.

The Scarab Beetle (6 books)
  • Thief (The Scarab Beetle, #1)
  • Liar (The Scarab Beetle, #2)
  • Fake (The Scarab Beetle, #3)
  • Hoax (The Scarab Beetle, #5)
  • Tempest (The Scarab Beetle, #6)
“Still, it was hard to feel comfortable standing in a dress and long socks and loafers, feeling like a lump compared to the other girls. I inevitably compared their thighs and stomachs to my own, and found myself covering my belly with my arms. It was a girly move, but it was hard not to feel like I was out of place. Maybe I did need to watch what I ate more. Or start exercising. Yeah...no.” 1 likes
“Despite the walls she surrounded herself with, the thief had somehow let her own heart get stolen.” 1 likes