Start by marking “Princes of the Apocalypse” as Want to Read:
Princes of the Apocalypse

Princes of the Apocalypse

(Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition)

Primordial Evil Threatens the Realms

The first signs are always small:bandits on the roads, pirates on the Dessarin River, monster sightings throughout the Sumber Hills - all too close to the lands of civilized folk.

To top things off, a delegation from the dwarven city of Mirabar has gone missing. Are these events all some bizarre coincidence, or is there a deeper reason be
Published April 7th 2015 by Wizards of the Coast

To ask other readers questions about Princes of the Apocalypse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princes of the Apocalypse

Taddow
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have never played or read the original Temple of Elemental Evil adventure but I have always heard good things about it. This book, which is a 5th Edition remake of that adventure, did not disappoint and I look forward to running this in my current D&D 5th Ed. group (which just arrived in Red Larch as 3rd level characters). I like the sandbox feel of the adventure and thought that the elemental cult themes and unique monsters and leaders was a great touch. There are some minor challenges wi ...more
Ed
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ring Side Report- RPG Review of Princes of the Apocalypse

Originally posted at Throat Punch Games, a new idea everyday!

Product- Princes of the Apocalypse
System- DnD 5th Edition
Producer- Wizards of the Coast
Price- $50 Here
TL; DR- Good, but I left feeling hungry! 85%

Basics- The elements are back! Around the town of Red Larch, monsters and evil are stirring. Horrible elemental forces are advancing on civilization, and the heroes are the only ones who stand in their way. Can you stop the elemental cu
D
I've finally reread this cover to cover instead of the piece by piece way I was going about it. I have a few negatives for this campaign book first, followed by many positive feelings.

1. Organization is poor in this work. This stems from the fact it is a sandbox, and I think it is definitely hard to organize a sandbox game. In any case, they did not organize this adventure as well as I would have liked.
2. The poor organization makes this a hard read, and thus a bit hard to prepare. Since my grou
Douglas Cosby
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very cool D&D module that purports to be able to take characters from level 1 all the way up to level 15. (After the first few weeks of playing this, my group's characters are level 5 and about 1/3 of the way done with the adventure, so achieving level 15 seems about right.) In other words, this adventure may span the entire careers of the adventurers -- they will be created for PotA and be retired after they finish. As such, this book needs to cover an entire world, with lore, history, ma ...more
Sallie
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Started playing D&D in 2018. Went to my local game store, sat down at a table, and started playing. A year later, I’m no longer playing at the store (to big, way to noisy, and unfortunately we aren’t able to role play much. Way to busy with new players each week). I got a group of friends together and we started playing at home. Then another group got together so we started playing. Then a combo of those two groups and I started DMing. Now I’m in 5 games and I DM 2 of them.

Princes of the Ap
J
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great adventure with a very nice sandboxy feel to it. I ran a Dark Sun campaign based on this. It contains many great locations and encounters, and I especially liked the staged reactions of the temples once they discover the party is messing with them. The one thing I was missing was more info on a path with evil parties - seems reasonable that some parties might want to ally with/take over one of the elemental factions...
Lesley
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great starter open world story with the ability for the DM to make it more linear and direct the characters through exposing certain clues. Really this module puts the power into the DMs hands. The monsters and story line was believable, interesting, and scaleable. All in all, it was a decent module to run.
Frobeg Ochaeta
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
What I liked most about this book was all the resources it has for elementals and the elemental planes. Maybe the main story arch is not that great and it becomes a little bit of a mess at some points but it can really jumpstart a DM to write his own adventure. Liked it.
pookie
An Elemental Improvement—A review of Princes of the Apocalypse, the campaign against Elemental Evil published for use with Dungeons & Dragons, Fifth Edition by Wizards of the Coast.

James
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I don't like the set up of the campaign books for 5th edition that much. The stat blocks just aren't detailed enough and the adventure doesn't read like a story. The magic items are also very under-powered even for epic levels.
Eric Smith
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rpg-suppliment
An excellent 5e campaign I foolishly didn’t pay nearly enough attention to when it first came out. I can say with confidence now that I would love to run this campaign for my players.
Alix
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
This book suffers from a severe lack of organization. The adventure is actually quite good, if you can piece it all together.
Walter Schutjens
Great adventure, a bit too many dungeons for my liking
Nicole
Oct 16, 2016 added it
No one is ever really finished with this book until the campaign ends. I keep reading it over and over trying to make sure I remember everything or think of new things for my players.
James Bowman
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, dnd, rpg
A solid enough adventure path, although it basically turns into a series of dungeon crawls towards the end. The four elemental cults make good enemies, well-constructed with interesting minions, and I liked seeing the Elemental Princes of Evil back in action. But overall, I feel like it's missing something, which I can't quite put my finger on... maybe it was too game-y, and didn't have enough of a sense of storytelling? Maybe the stakes didn't feel high enough, despite the premise and the title ...more
Denise
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This a a D&D 5th Ed campaign book, and a re-re-imagining of the Temple of the Elemental Evil.

If you like exploring ruined temples and killing cultists, this is a great adventure. You'll need to help enforce the ordering of things, or be willing to jump up fights if the adventurers get to things out of order. But I thought it was pretty well done and enjoyed running it.
Maximilian
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Very *very* sandbox-y and rather disorganized. This isn't something you can just pick up and run. It takes managing your players' options and being very aware of all the possibilities in each area.

That being said, there's a lot of fun stuff to do here :)
Eric Mattson
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really excited to run this for my new play group.
Abraham Ray
good adventure for dnd!
Tripp
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
One of the best modules I have seen in a long time.
Scott wachter
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: rpgs
search for traps, kick in the door, kill the guys, loot the room, rinse, repeat. for one hundred pages.
Emma
Mar 20, 2016
Robert
Aug 30, 2018

• Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
  • The Rise of Tiamat (Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition)
  • Storm King's Thunder
  • Monster Manual (Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition)
  • Hoard of the Dragon Queen (Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition)
  • Curse of Strahd (Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition)
  • Dungeons & Dragons for Dummies
  • Starter Set
  • Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook 2: A 4th Edition D&D Core Rulebook
  • Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Inner Sea World Guide
  • Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Bestiary
  • Monstrous Manual
  • The Complete Wizard's Handbook
  • Player's Handbook (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition revised, Stock #2159)

Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition (10 books)
  • Player's Handbook (Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition)
  • Monster Manual (Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition)
  • Dungeon Master's Guide (Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition)
  • Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
  • Deluxe DM Screen
  • Volo's Guide to Monsters
  • D&D Character Sheets
  • Xanathar's Guide To Everything
  • Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes (Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition)
  • Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica (Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition)