Start by marking “Sidewalk Oracles: Playing with Signs, Symbols, and Synchronicity in Everyday Life” as Want to Read:

Become a Kairomancer Synchronicity is when the universe gets personal. Through this book of games and enchanting stories, you’ll learn how to monitor the play of coincidence and the symbolic resonance of incidents in daily life in order to tap into the deeper logic of events, receive extraordinary counsel, and have wonderful fun.

You will be invited to become a kairomancer:
Published October 13th 2015 by New World Library (first published September 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Sidewalk Oracles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sidewalk Oracles

Ollie
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
In the movie The NeverEnding Story, a boy accidentally ends up in a mysterious bookshop, where he borrows a book without the owner's knowledge. As he sits in an attic reading the book - which tells the story of a warrior on a quest in some fantastical land - he realises the book is aware of him, and speaking back to him.

My experience with this book was a little bit like that. My boyfriend gave it to me as a birthday gift because he knew I had an interest in synchronicity (or maybe the book "fell
Miz Lizzie
I'm always a fan of Robert Moss. This book deals more with looking at waking life symbolically rather than his usual approach to taking dreams literally. Great stuff for living a magical life, just by being open to and noticing the signs and symbols all around you. Lots of exercises to try out and stories to inspire. You don't have to remember your dreams to make good use of this book.

Book Pairings:
Goes well with Tosha Silver's Outrageous Openness.
Fraser Sherman
Nov 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nonfiction
The concept of synchronicity has interested me for a long time, but this isn't the exploration I wanted. It's a kind of New Agey "open your mind and see the message the universe is sending you" advice book, and it didn't give me any insights I felt usable. That may just be a reader/book mismatch (the merit any sort of advice book is a matter of personal taste), or maybe the book's just poor. I'm not sure.
Ginny  Gallagher
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So glad I ordered this in paperback because it's a keeper. Fun exercises and insight for discovering the magic in everyday life. I'm sure I'll refer back to it many times in the upcoming years.
Kelly
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I must admit that some of the content in this book, ie the mythology references went straight over my head. All in all I enjoyed the book and I hope to re-read it again some day (and hopefully understand more of the historic content). I got some great takeways from the “games” section, such as paying attention to my inner soundtrack (songs stuck in my head), also the book dipping was helpful (getting guidance from turning to a random page and sentence in a book), and most importantly, by reading ...more
Mary Beth
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
For the "left-brained" individual who thinks they just can't cross into "that" other more "right-brained" and higher-self operating world. The world where magic exists, synchronicity is an everyday occurrence and living the life you've always dreamt about is attainable. Robert Moss writes in such a way that you'll find this a springboard into deeper thoughts as well as tangential ideas you may have mused over. Keep your left brain, there's plenty to satisfy here. Explore new thoughts without giv ...more
Reading Cat
More inspirational than informational. Could have benefited from any sort of editing--some of the chapters seem poorly plotted out, and while I don't mind the 'examples from my own life' aspect of many books of this ilk, many of the anecdotes seem more designed to illustrate how 'smart' and 'cultured' the author is than the actual principles the book purports to outline.

There are gems in the self-help mystical field and I really wanted this to be one of them. While there is some sound advice, f
Quinn
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
If you aren't a fan of Robert Moss, if you believe there is no afterlife, no possible ways dreams are more than mind-movies that happen in the night, don't read any of his books. You won't like them and it will just take up your time.

Moss's writing style is easy to read and well-documented. He talks about the daily occurrences, sights, and events we witness, and how those small moments can create meaning for a more examined life.

He even shows how you can turn observations into a study of your li
Claudia Loureiro
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: divination
A reminder that all life experience can be enriched by signs, symbols, and their stories.
If you are searching for a way to Life to become exciting and playful, this book will help you find your path to joy. Robert is an extraordinary teacher, but along with his teaching and stories, he invites you to live your larger life, shows you the way, and there is no greater gift!
Mary Mathews
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I want to unplug from filling my awareness primarily with what is fed me through social media and TV. Wanting to recommit and reconnect to a more intuitive approach to life. Robert Moss's playful suggestions demand that I become more aware and present to the synchronicities of life. Looking forward to playing with these more!
Ignacio
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books on synchronicity I've ever read. See my full review here:
Sam
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book genuinely changed my daily spiritual life.

There were admittedly some parts that I felt would have benefitted from brevity and allowing the reader to draw their own parallels, but this is going to be a book that affects me positively for the rest of my life.
Luc Therrien
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Remarkable book to help you bring the magic into your everyday life. Rediscover the wonderment that you felt in childhood by reading and applying the games in this book. For a good laugh, read chapter five entitled On Other Planes!
T J
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an easy but intriguing read of how if we pay attention the universe is always trying to show us something through signs, symbols and synchronicity. It is filled with example stories and even games to try. This one is a keeper for each game I will want to play with time and again.
Oliver Ho
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked some of the exercises a lot. When he went full-on into what seemed like new age territory, with beings and messengers from other worlds or dimensions and whatnot, he lost me. That stuff just isn’t for me.
Marcia
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: metaphysical
This is a wonderful book. I highly recommend it for people who want to (as the subtitle says) play with signs, symbols and synchronicity in everyday life.
Julie
Jun 19, 2016 marked it as to-read
Have not read a page yet. So excited about starting this book today...I'll keep you updated. Yay!
Magical
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: magical-thinking
This is a magical, heartening, insightful and inspiring book. I was sorry to finish it, but look forward to returning to it. Every page has treasure.
Karen
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was so fun. It is a method to playfully engage your reality. I have personally experienced much of what he talks about and found the stories to be enlightening and entertaining.
Tristy at New World Library
Endorsements:
“Sidewalk Oracles is CPR for the soul.”
Larry Dossey, MD, author of One Mind: How Our Individual Mind Is Part of a Greater Consciousness and Why It Matters

“After using Robert Moss’s eighteen games for playing with signs, symbols, and synchronicity, I can attest to the incredible value, as well as delight, in following his guidance.”
Joyce Whiteley Hawkes, PhD, author of Cell-Level Healing: The Bridge from Soul to Cell

“Robert Moss is peerless in shifting us from seeing our life as
Marvin Yan
I'm no stranger to synchronicities and was expecting something more "meaty" from this book. The author glosses over synchronicities that if he were to explore into it more, perhaps giving a reason for or providing a result, it would've made it a more meaningful connection. Instead, he really just made it sound like it was a mere coincidence and nothing more. There was no rhyme or reason for it, there was no meaningful outcome from it. Sometimes it didn't make any much sense. He also referenced w ...more
Tome Reader
Sounds more interesting that it is. If you're into interpreting your dreams and reading tea leaves or seeking signs in the alignment of the clouds or anything for that matter this is for you.

Silly woo-woo stuff and nonsense. There are better books out there on the Law of Attraction topic. I can't believe I paid for this book.
Kathy
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
personally an ego trip of the author and all his adventures. He talks a good line but I really wonder if his workshops have any merit.
Ash-Lee Jeanne
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!! Makes a joy out of “reading” life and the synchronicities that are present. I look forward to playing as I live in the future because of this book
Betsy
Mar 12, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Winged Pharaoh
  • Dreams, "Evolution," and Value Fulfillment, Volume One: A Seth Book
  • This Is Not the Life I Ordered: 50 Ways to Keep Your Head Above Water When Life Keeps Dragging You Down
  • The Book of Chakras: Discover the Hidden Forces Within You
  • The Tarot: History, Symbolism, and Divination
  • The Book of Destinies: Discover the Life You Were Born to Live
  • A Deed Without a Name: Unearthing the Legacy of Traditional Witchcraft
  • Classroom Love Letter
  • Doodles Unleashed: Mixed-Media Techniques for Doodling, Mark-Making & Lettering
  • The Magpie & the Wardrobe: A Curiosity of Folklore, Magic & Spells