Start by marking “Beyond Believing” as Want to Read:
Beyond Believing

Beyond Believing

(The Beyond Series #1)

Published April 7th 2015 by Beyond Dreams Publishing Group (first published March 18th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Believing, please sign up.
D.D. Marx Hi Jessyca! Thank you again so much for the amazing review. It is fictional however there is real-life mixed in (Dan is 100% real) so it allowed me to…moreHi Jessyca! Thank you again so much for the amazing review. It is fictional however there is real-life mixed in (Dan is 100% real) so it allowed me to embellish pieces. :)

XO(less)

Start your review of Beyond Believing
Dhivya Balaji
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Starting from the first line, Beyond Believing captured my attention.
My Name is Olivia Henry, and I am addicted to friendship.
Seasoned readers would have already deduced a few things from this single line. Beyond Believing is a heart warming tale of friendship, love and is a first person narrative from two different points of view. Olivia Henry and Finn McDaniels belong to two different countries. One is from Chicago, a friendship addict who places more importance on people, and the other from
Romance4thebeach
May 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Beyond Believing follows the lives of two different people, Olivia and Finn. Although theyre strangers, their lives are linked by loved ones theyve lost. Olivias best friend Dan died in a car accident, and to deal with this unexpected loss she speaks to him, and looks for signs from him to guide her through life. On the other side of the world, Finn lost his wife Christine to cancer, and he also seeks her guidance in the form of signs. Eventually, both Olivia and Finn are brought together by ...more
Tricia
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this debut novel by DD Marx and read it in a day. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of her trilogy. Marx weaves many people and their relationships in this book about love. I think part of my brain was on island slowness time while reading because I did not put together the relationship connections until midway through the book. I'm sure you will get it much faster than me. But I'm kind of glad I didn't make the connection right away. It added more to the store for me. The ...more
Dawn
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

Beyond Believing is a must read if you enjoy chick lit. It follows Olivia and her close friends from high school through young adulthood. At the same time, across the ocean, it follows Finn and his close friends, and the love of his life. They both have amazing friendships and suffer major losses. Then fate steps in.

The writing of D.D. Marx is easy to follow and this was a quick read. So much happens in this book that it felt like I flew
Lindsay
Book Tour: Beyond Believing Olivia must deal with the loss of a best friend. How will she deal with the loss? Finn is also has found his first love and marries and goes to Culinary school in Paris. Most of this is dealt tough this loss of his wife Christine? Olivia talks to Dan though songs and other signs. Finn talks and asks for requests though signs from his wife Christine?

D.D. Marx does a wonderful job with the plot. Olivia is put through her life and what she wants to do. Will she find
Grady
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
`A little bit of hope can help you forge through life with a strength greater than you ever imagined!'

Chicago author D.D. Marx, having graduated with a degree in Communication from the University of Dayton, as well as participating in the Second City program in Chicago, makes a sparkling debut with a contemporary romance that falls into that very popular category of chick lit - a respected category that usually spells fast sales for those who wish an engrossing read that deals with major issues
Sarah Rehmatullah
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Beyond Believing commences with the story of a group of adolescent friends, set in the eighties, sharing their "first everything" together, having lots of fun at concerts, parties and more. You will read about Olivia's first crush, first kiss and her friendships and Finn's story. The story weaves through college, first accomodation away from home, first job and into adult life.

Finn's story moves forward rapidly following his move to Paris where he studies the culinary arts. He meets and falls in
Jessyca Garcia
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, fiction
Beyond Believing: An Inspiring Story to Awaken the Heart by D.D. Marx follows the life of two people, Olivia Henry and Finn McDaniels. Both characters face the loss of a loved one. Olivia loses her best friend Dan and Finn loses his wife. Unbeknown to them these losses are connected and put them on the path to each other.

At first I thought that Beyond Believing was going to be a book about finding love. It is actually a book about friendship and love. Marxs characters are very likeable. The
Jeremy Michael Gallen
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The debut installment of author D.D. Marxs Beyond series promises a story of how a womans friends death turns her world upside down, she finds corruption in the company for which she works, and finds solace in her cousins residence. The writer dedicates her book to individuals named Maddie, Ryan, and Danny, not to mention beloved friends and family that inspired the author to achieve her dreams, along with her mentor. In the prologue, protagonist and first-person narrator Olivia Hank Henry ...more
Veritas Vincit
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
As I've said in many reviews in the past, I have never been one for overly sentimental or romantic novels, but this one was pitched to me by my wife as inspirational, heart-warming, and thought-provoking, rather than sappy. I think she oversold its profundity to a certain degree, but I have to admit, this was a very enjoyable and heartfelt book that demonstrated Marx's sympathetic and gentle skills as a writer. We have all lost someone or something that we cherished, and many of us have had to ...more
Leslie Morgan
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing

*Before I get into the review/my thoughts about the book, Let me first say I was a little nervous about reading it because it's considered PG-13 with a little bit of profanity and I'm accustomed to reading more contemporary Christian fiction. I said from the beginning that I wouldn't let that impact my thoughts on the overall book. *

Beyond Believing by D.D. Marx was such a good read! It is fun, sweet and romantic!
The book tells the story of Olivia and some of her best friends, sharing some of
John
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for light reading, I wouldn't recommend this book, because it is far from casual summer fare. This is a beautifully written and executed novel about the power of friendship, the resilience of the human spirit, and the common trials that could face any of us in the blink of an eye. The idea of losing everything is frightening to all of us, surely, but even losing one part of our valuable lives can be destructive and painful. The way that Marx depicts the emotional toll of losing ...more
Michelle
Nov 16, 2015 rated it did not like it
I'm really surprised by all of the other positive reviews about this book (and wondering if they are all people who know the author personally or are getting something for their reviews). I could not even get half-way through this book, the writing was so bad. And let me clarify that I am not a book snob - as long as it's decent writing and entertaining, I will always finish a book and can at least classify it as "entertaining". I was, quite frankly, shocked that anything written this badly was ...more
Jessica
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Friendship beyond death is amazing between Olivia and Dan. I never read any book like Beyond Believing by D.D. Marx. I considered it my best book for the year 2015. Why? It is because the story is beyond beautiful.

It gives me goose bumps. It made me cry. It made me inspire while reading this book. Of course it is hard to put it down once you start reading it. It is my weakness once the book is this good. I am hooked until the last page.

The best book I read about friendship. It is very
A Holland Reads
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was the first book that I have read by this author and it was enjoyable. It is a story about love and friendship. The character development was very good as the author created some strong characters who could be someone you know. This is one of those books that you could not put down as you did not want to stop reading about your friends. There are some sad parts to this book as well but they have to be there to tell the story. But do not fret there is also some humor to this story. I think ...more
Debra Schoenberger
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Beyond Believing is a sweet, contemporary romance novel. The story unfolds simultaneously with both Olivia, an American and Finn, a Scot, recounting events from their personal histories. We learn of their hopes and aspirations as well as the close-knit friendships that will help them weather the trials and storms that will come their way. As you read the book, you are trying to figure out what connections will form to ultimately weave these two storylines together.

This romance was a fun read
Julie
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is ultimately a story of friendship and as the main character Olivia readily admits she is addicted to friendship. When her best friend Dan is killed in a car accident, she struggles to find a purpose in life. What I loved about this book was the way the lives of the friends overlap and interact. I dont want to spoil it by saying any more as the ending was a lovely surprise.

Some readers may find that there are one or two coincidences too many but I like to think that there is no such thing
Carrie Carnohan
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! What a great story about friendship, and love...lost and found! At times heartbreaking, others hopeful, and others HILARIOUS! Can't remember the last time I laughed out loud at a book. One section I even had to re-read aloud to my husband, and we both cracked up! Great for book clubs, a beach/vacation read, or anytime you're looking for a light, pick-me-up story. Totally entertaining. So glad it's part of a trilogy. It definitely left me wanting to know what happens next!
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
While the book is somewhat predictable I loved reading about Finn and Olivia's lives and how their paths crossed through mutual friends throughout the years. It took me a little bit to get used to the viewpoint changing each (or nearly each) chapter. But once I got the swing of it I raced through the book.

I laughed and cried during parts of the book and wanted to high five Olivia for a certain work situation. (don't want to spoil too much!)

Definitely a good read
Anne Sullivan
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beyond Believing is difficult to put down. It's a wonderful story that will make you laugh out loud with D.D.'s hilarious sense of humor but also make you cry. I enjoyed every minute of this book and highly recommend it. DD's story sure makes the theory of 6 degrees of separation a reality. I can't wait for more stories from D.D. Marx. Enjoy!
Karen
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given this book by a friend. I really enjoyed it. I felt like I was a character in the book, living right along side of everyone. Was wondering how it was going to intersect and once it did, I thought that was it, but there was more! Great quick read, although a bit sad, I did laugh out loud several times! Can't wait for more.
EB Feldbruegge
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A heart warming story about friendship and the power of faith in the human spirit. Readers follow Olivia on a series of adventures from high school to college and then her early career days learning about her family, friendships, and romances. A great read full of delightful plot twists and coincidences. I highly recommend it!
Steven
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful and entertaining story of love and destiny that twists through years and across continents. I tore through this at the beach, but will be sharing with my book club for sure!
Tanya Booklovinghippo
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I actually rate this book 4.5 stars.
Megan (Ginger Mom)
Wow! This book has so many levels to it! I gave it 3.5 stars (rounding up to 4 on Amazon and Goodreads) The first level was oh my gosh, depressing! Dan dies. First few pages. And I sat there, staring at the page going what? (Keep in mind, I read the synopsis when I signed up for the tour briefly, but I read it and completely forgot about it when I started reading). And then, bad thing after bad thing happens to Olivia and I kinda wondered if she was ever going to catch a break!

This lasts for a
Please Pass the Books
D.D. Marxs debut novel, Beyond Believing, introduces readers to Olivia Henry and Finn McDaniels in a strong start to the upcoming Beyond Series. A move from New Jersey to Chicago brings a world of change that stretches further than just distance for the protagonist, Olivia, younger sister to Jane. Forced to leave everything behind, fifth-grader Olivia is uprooted to a new school mid-year. The story develops with Olivia through ups and downs as she grows, her life shattered when her friend, Dan, ...more
Carla
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I fell in love with this first book in the Beyond series. In this book we are introduced to Olivia and her past with her best friend Dan. I would say about the first half of the book is a look at their history and friendship and really helps to give a good insight into their history, their closeness and how his death affects her. The second half sets her story really into motion - a new career, losing her job and then moving to a new State.

Losing anyone is difficult no matter what. Losing your
Cheryl
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a charming, sweet read. I liked the characters in this story. Olivia is a sweetheart and a bit of a klutz. Ok, to be honest, maybe only a klutz around Finn. Which, their first meeting was a memorable one. Finn is endearing. Instantly, he throws off warm vibes. Also, I can't forget about Olivia's cousin, Garrett. He brought the entertainment and laughs.

In regards to everything that Finn endured with his wife; it is amazing that he was able to have a positive outlook on life.
LAWonder10
This was an inspiring bittersweet tale of two tragedies which had a devastating effect on two individual lives lives.

Narrated by the two key individuals, it offered the reader the insights into the thoughts and feelings of the man and the woman these events effected and how each responded to his/her situations.

This is a story of true friendship and loyalty, family solidarity, existence beyond the grave, strong belief, and one's choices.

The characters are well portrayed and feel realistic. The
99 cent Bestsellers: .99 eBook Sale - Thursday, November 2nd ONLY! 1 8 Oct 31, 2017 12:53PM
Goodreads Librari...: Need to display New Edition 6 200 Oct 11, 2017 02:31PM
Chick Lit: Chicago Chick-Lit Author 1 14 May 28, 2015 10:29AM

• The Lost Child of Philomena Lee: A Mother, Her Son and a 50 Year Search
  • First Crush, Last Love
  • Twofer Murder
d.d. marx is an author, blogger and inspired writer for the chick-lit genre. She is a Second City graduate, hopeless romantic, amazingly proud Aunt, a forever friend and life lover.

d.d. marx came barreling into this world with the gift of gab. Her parents quickly identified a pattern forming when each teacher conference contained the words shes a little too social. d.d.s biggest life concern was

The Beyond Series (4 books)
  • Beyond Love (Beyond, #2)
  • Beyond Forever (Beyond, #3)
  • The Dan Diaries