Start by marking “A Glimpse of the Dream” as Want to Read:
A Glimpse of the Dream

A Glimpse of the Dream

Teagan Harper is barely ten years old when she finds herself orphaned and sent away to live at Raven’s Peak, a Gothic estate on the seaside cliffs of Maine. Soon, though, her heartache and loneliness are tempered by a blossoming friendship with the only other child living at Raven’s Peak: Kane Doyle, only two years older than Teagan and abandoned by his mother. Over the ye ...more
Published July 7th 2015 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about A Glimpse of the Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Glimpse of the Dream

Ashley
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this via Kindle Unlimited

Bravo, Fiore, bravo. I absolutely loved this. I was drawn in from the first paragraph. This was a lovely story of love tested over a span of almost 20 years. I loved Kane, and I loved Teagan, but there were times where I wanted to slap sense into them. This wasn't really all that happy of a story, there were times where I wanted to cry buckets...but there was lots of laughter and happy moments too.

I really enjoyed the main characters, all of them. The 2 main chara
NMmomof4
Michelle
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, arc, netgalley
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

#Aglimpseinthedream

It is often said that eyes are the windows to the soul and in L.A. Fiore's A Glimpse of the Dream, she takes her readers on an emotional, heartbreaking, and touching journey of loss, friendship, love, second chances, forgiveness, and new beginnings. With a whirlwind of raw emotion, Ms. Fiore was able to interweave the journey of Teagan and Kane from childhood to adults. Their journey was a slow building process that blossomed
Anne OK
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads
A beautiful and amazing story of two wonderfully crafted characters, Teagan and Kane. This book is a magical journey through their childhood friendship, a sweet and tender teenage love, and a deep and everlasting love for one another by soul mates. Only don't get too comfortable because there's a lot of angst and trouble to dig through before readers will reach the sunny side.

Kane broke my heart right along with Teagan's. There were times I wanted to hate him. But I couldn't - not really. He pi
Shari Kay
Jan 24, 2019 marked it as not-for-me  ·  review of another edition
potato / potahto All the same to me. Don't want to read scenes with OP with either H or h
✴ Cindy ✴
🌟🌟🌟1/2

Teagan's parent's were killed in a car accident when she was ten years old. She goes to live with a friend of her grandmother's. It's there she meets a boy, two years older than her, and develops a best friendship that eventually turns into love.

Kane's mother was bi-polar and left him with Mrs. Marks who adopted him. He falls in love with Teagan and they eventually become a couple living under the same roof. They share their first time's together and then it's time for Teagan to go off to
Alison
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was really excited to find this book on Net Galley. I'd previously read and loved Beautifully Damaged and while it's sequel wasn't quite as good I'd put that down to the fact it was a sequel.

This story starts really well with young girl Teagan, recently orphaned, being sent to stay with Mrs Marks a friend of her Grandparents. Feeling frightened and alone among strangers she meets Kane, another ward of Mrs Marks. He is a couple of years older and is the sweetest boy ever. He does everything he
Nancy
Nov 28, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF. This book is not what I expected from all the 5 stars rating. Boy meets girl, grow up together and become best friends/lovers. Boy splits up with girl and then girl gets to have lots of casual sex with hot guys. I don't want to read about description of explicit sex between the h and other guys. So I gave up. Couldn't be bothered with even finding out what the big secret is behind the guy breaking up with her. Just not interested anymore. Don't think I will read her book again.
Sharon Riley
Paige
This was second chance romance that was both heartbreaking and heartmending. The reasonings behind some of the choices made were frustrating, but as the story continued, I could see where both Teagan and Kane were coming from. That doesn't mean I agree but L.A. did a great job of getting into their heads and telling their stories. Watching them age was so sweet. When they fell apart, I could feel myself start falling apart. But when things were food they were really food. And the sexy times were ...more
Lynne
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"A Glimpse of the Dream" by L.A. Fiore is another one of her emotional-gripping reads. Within the first hour of reading, I went through so many feelings it was pretty insane. But if you have become familiar with Fiore's work that's what you've come to expect. With that, she likes to switch it up. Keep you on your toes and your heart in a vice when it comes to the heroine and hero's relationship. This book truly was no different.

You have Teagan and Kane. Two kids who both have suffered tragedy a
Carolyn's
Loved! Teagan and Kane were just amazing! You are immediately drawn into this story from the very beginning due to the tragic circumstances that lead Teagan to Raven's Peak. Then you learn the story that brought Kane to Raven's Peak and there is no turning back for the love and support for these two characters. They develop this extraordinary bond that leads these two down the path of an unforgettable, perfect love. Upon graduating, Teagan leaves to go to college in Boston but Kane proposes to h ...more
❤️Melanie
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
*****5 Toad Beds and Worm Pies Stars*****

An amazing story that I didn't want to end. This book had me laughing, crying, hoping and loving. I went through every emotion and loved every moment of it.

Tea was a strong, lost and heartbroken girl when she met Kade. After a life altering event Tea found herself in a place that she didn't know with people she didn't know. But all it took was for 1 boy to befriend her and a dream was had. Kade took Tea under his wing and became her best friend. As years
Nikki Levy
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW what a read ... Emotional... Heartbreaking... Powerful... With some humour It has it all... How life can change in a blink of and eye but then change again... Family isn't always blood.. Totally loved every minute of this book couldn't put it down 'real life got in the way a few times' but every spare minute was spent reading...
5 stars doesn't even cover it, A Glimpse of the Dream had it all it was brilliantly written yet again LA Fiore has blown me away.. I'm now in a book funk only a few
Meredith
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of LA Fiore. The first book I read was Beautifully Damaged and I was hooked. This book was just as powerful. You have the beautiful imagery and the roller coaster of emotions that you literally feel as you read. Your heart goes out to Kane and Teagan all the struggles and triumphs throughout the book. Very well written and a book that really stays with you and makes you think. It made me really appreciate the little things in life and big that we sometimes take for granted.
Keelie
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book from author LA Fiore. She really draws you in and you love these characters so much. Through the good times and the bad, you stick to it but man do you go through the emotions. Always looking forward to the next one from this author!
Anna
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its an amazing book! Thank you so much! Im in love with hero and heroin!
Splage
Loved the beginning, lost the connection half way thru. Still a good read.
Lauren R.
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

And L.A. Fiore blows my mind yet again!

This book totally grabbed me hard.   I could not put it down.

You want to read a story that sucks you in and takes you for an emotional rollercoaster?  Then this is a book to read!

Teagan & Kane's story is brought beautifully to us from when they start off as childhood friends  and later into their adult lives.  Tragedy, love, and devastation rock their worlds and it will rock your heart while reading.  I lo
Nara
It's a 4.5 stars for me. Yes, this author's book was always outstanding, so is with this book, but I just can't put my always-5-stars-and-abobe for this book.
I don't know, the hero was not so me this time, and the heroine, always great character.

And I love how healthy their appetite for sweets. I think the author herself was a sweet tooth because she always put the character in all of her books like this. Sweet tooth.

But don't worry, this author have been my one-click now. My fave author! Yeah!
Tiffany Willams
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgallery, arc
"Life happened, sometimes it sucked, sometimes you had to start again, and maybe you headed in a direction you never saw coming. The trick was to make it work regardless. I had."

I love a book that throws me for a loop, and boy did this one! Just when I thought the story was going one way...BAM...I was speechless!
It was an amazing twist that I never saw coming!

I love how we are taken through the years of Teagan and Kane's story. Starting when they first met at ages 11 and 9 as heartbroken childr
Lynn
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can not spoil this book for you!
I will tell you the reasons I gave it a 5 star writing.

1. No edit- Grammar mistake.
2. Strong plot, easy to follow
3. not rushed, perfectly written.
4. These characters love was so strong.
5.. The right amount of everything.
6. highly addictive
7. I felt the connection between the characters
8. beautifully written
9. I would not change NOTHING about this book. Everything is just right!
10. This is my favorite book by this author.
11. I loved the ending.
12. Two strong c
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Overall Rating: 4.5 Rockin’ ★★★★☆

Love is limitless, kind, unselfish and forgiving. In the novel A Glimpse of the Dream by author L.A. Fiore, we are given a glimpse of an unbreakable bond forged between two young children that grows into an incredible friendship and love that sustains them both through loss, tragedy and redemption. Kane and Teagan are soulmates and this is their life journey.

Kane Doyle and Teagan Harper's friendship started at young age and blossomed into a beautiful, priceless g
Raj
Escape into my Reads Book Blog

This book made me feel like I had stepped into the story with Teagan and Kane. The written words reached out to me and gripped onto my emotions making me feel that ache of longing in my chest. Teagan’s circumstances made me connect to her straight away and when she entered Raven’s Peak I could feel such sorrow and darkness emanating from the gothic building, that I felt it matched the pain and sadness Teagan was experiencing. Meeting Kane was like her life line, he
Sharon Dunn
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was phenomenal!! It wrecked my heart into so many pieces but was so worth every single bit!!! Extremely heartwarming! You will laugh, cry, cheer and fall in love with these characters. I know this will be one of those books that will stick with me for years. So well written. Awesome, awesome job!!
Sarah - Vanilla Twist Reads
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was privileged to receive a ARC for this book for an honest review.

This book is so well written you feel the joy and the pain that the words contain, it was an emotional read, I literally had tears in my eyes at times whilst reading it.

Teagan has lost both her parents in a tragic accident just before Christmas and is taken to live in Blue Hill, Maine she doesnt know anyone and has no family left. Her first night there she cry's herself to sleep to be woken by Kane a boy a couple of years older
2OCC Reviews
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jessica
Sometimes you read a book and it strikes every cord in your heart and that’s what this book did. I laughed, I cried, I swore at the characters and then I would swoon. Kane and Teagan are such a strong couple even with everything they went through. They overcame pain and ended up on the right side because they deserved that happiness.

There’s not A whole lot I can say about the book with risk of giving spoilers from the entire story. I will say that the author was able to mix a lot of great suspe
Raj
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 - 4 stars

I love L.A Fiore's Beautifully Damaged and His light in the dark so I did expect this to be something great!

Written in first person Dual POV!
I like the writing style, did skip some of the long internal thoughts. I like the story but it wasn't really that exciting. I like the story flow and the characters..

The story was too long....
Release Tour Sign Up 1 5 Jun 03, 2015 01:20PM
  • Birthright (Heritage Trilogy, #2)
  • All Manner of Dark Things: Collected Bits and Pieces
  • Traitor's Gate
  • Dream House
  • The Sea Beach Line
  • The Heart You Carry Home
  • The Zaibatsu Chronicle
  • Love's Promises: How Formal and Informal Contracts Shape All Kinds of Families
  • Breach Of Contract (Bound #2)
  • The Wellness Workbook for Bipolar Disorder: Your Guide to Getting Healthy and Improving Your Mood
  • Love Request
  • The Complete Short Stories: Volume 1
  • Access to Asia: Your Multicultural Guide to Building Trust, Inspiring Respect, and Creating Long-Lasting Business Relationships
  • Sleepy Willow's Bonded Soul (The Narcoleptic Vampire, #1)
  • The Secrets of Pleasurable Weight Loss: The Stress-Free, Guilt-Free Path to Loving Your Body and Feeling Great
  • More (All or Nothing, #2)
  • Enabling Acts: The Hidden Story of How the Americans with Disabilities Act Gave the Largest US Minority Its Rights
  • Turn Your Mate into Your Soulmate: A Practical Guide to Happily Ever After
“I didn't even think, just went with instinct. Opening my arms, I felt the tiny life placed there. Wrapping him close and tight to my chest, I felt my heart swelling with love. So small, so delicate. Using the tip of my finger, I traced his face, his little lips, his chin and cheeks, his eyes. "You're right, Tea, he is beautiful."

"He has your eyes," she whispered. "We still need to name him."

"Christian Simon Doyle. After your dad and your idiot friend."

Her voice sounded raw when she spoke again. "That's perfect."

"You're perfect. Thank you, Tea, thank you for my son, for our life, thank you for not giving up on me.”
1 likes
“What are you looking at?"

"I was thinking about becoming a lady of the night."

"What?"

"There's actually an ad looking for one. Can you believe it? It pays a grand a week."

"Shit, for a grand a week, "I'll become a lady of the night.”
0 likes