Start by marking “Chasing River (Burying Water, #3)” as Want to Read:
Chasing River (Burying Water, #3)

Chasing River

(Burying Water #3)

A suspense-driven New Adult romance novel from the USA TODAY bestselling author of Ten Tiny Breaths and Burying Water.

Armed with two years’ worth of savings and the need to experience life outside the bubble of her Oregon small town, twenty-five-year old Amber Welles is prepared for anything. Except dying in Dublin. Had it not been for the bravery of a stranger, she might
Published July 7th 2015 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about Chasing River, please sign up.
K.A. Tucker CHASING RIVER can be read as a standalone, though I think you'll get more out of it if you've read BURYING WATER (the first book). That's where you're…moreCHASING RIVER can be read as a standalone, though I think you'll get more out of it if you've read BURYING WATER (the first book). That's where you're first introduced to Amber, and you'll get a good understanding of her before she goes traveling-- her relationship with her brother, and her history with Alex.
You can definitely get away with not reading BECOMING RAIN though, before CHASING RIVER.
(less)

Christy
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

photo e4f3c436-4ea6-424b-831b-048af19f73c1_zpsumuyqhzs.jpg

Chasing River is a book I’ve been looking forward to since I met Amber in Burying Water. Amber Welles is Jesse Welles sister. When I first read that book, I liked Amber straight away. Amber’s a good person, a good daughter, sister and she’s a nurse. She has been working and saving money for a long time to take a trip of a life time. She’s going to spend a few months overseas. Do it while she’s young and can travel and see the world. One of Amber’s destinations is Ireland. She’s not bee
Melissa
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, sweet, 2017
Set in Ireland, CHASING RIVER reminded this bird, she needs to make it there someday . . . sooner rather than later.

If you’ve read Burying Water than you know, Amber is Jesse’s sister and the ultimate 'good girl'. She’s uber-responsible and let’s be honest, she’s played it safe for most of her life. I’m talking safe with a capital S. It's a broken heart that makes her realize it’s time to live a little. Time to get out there and experience life on her own terms. With plane tickets, plenty of pl
Amy | Foxy Blogs
FOUR POINT FIVE STARS

Chasing River is a journey to Ireland with an old world feel. Told in dual point of views which I love because it adds to the story.

All I know about the IRA (Irish Republican Army) I learned from Sons of Anarchy .
Luckily, for my sake, Ms. Tucker starts out the book with an Author’s Note supplying a history of Ireland. One that tells how the IRA came about and what it has turned into all these years later. Today the IRA is considered a violent gang and a terrorist organiza
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3.5 stars!

Before I even begin my review, I have to mention that Chasing River is the first book in almost a week that I can say I actually enjoyed, read in one sitting, and never had the urge to DNF and move on from, so in a way this book's already a winner :)

K.A. Tucker writes some of the most complex yet touching stories and I’m a gigantic fan of hers. I ADORED her Ten Tiny Breaths series as those books had the perfect amount of angst, heartbreak, and romance. As for the Burying Water series,
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

So far I have read only the first book of this series and now this one and I can say this is the best!I really enjoyed it!If you consider the fact that I read it so fast!I loved the plot and the story of this one!Chasing River is captivating,sweet,unique and so different from whatever I have read before!

Amber is traveling around the world because she wants to break free from her Sheriff's daughter stigma and she tries to find herself. Now she is in Dublin, Ireland, and she is late for he
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5 Stars

So...Where'd you meet this guy?"
"At the park one day. He kind of...ran into me."
"Sounds romantic."
"It was, in a way." If pipe bombs could be called romantic.

I'm not sure why I didn't realize from reading the synopsis that Amber Welles is the twin sister of Jesse Welles from Burying Water. Although I was hoping this book would have one of the 2 characters that were introduced in the previous one, I have to say I was excited when realized out who Amber was. Always the good girl to her
Alex is The Romance Fox
Chasing River is the third book in K.A. Tucker's Burying Water series, and it’s the story of Amber Wells the twin sister of Jesse from Burying Water.
Amber has always been the local “good girl”. But after dumping the guy who she’d thought was the right one, takes off on a world adventure complete with her travel list.
 photo 20898c3f-c7cf-422e-8a04-b5af94130d6f_zpsofycso1n.jpg
She finds herself in Dublin, Ireland, where she’s thrown into a trip filled with danger, excitement including a gorgeous Irishman, River Delaney that literally knocks her socks of
Glass
K. A. Tucker just continues to surprise me with every new book in Burying Water series. I absolutely loved previous two books, Burying Water and Becoming Rain, and I anxiously waited for the next one. Still, I was a little bit afraid because I had doubts about story and its originality compared to first two books. I shouldn't have had any doubts - Chasing River was amazing.
Want to know why? Here we go...

- Setting. Chasing River is happening in Ireland. Now, I am always trying to hold back whe
Beverly
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Last year, when I met the Welles family in Burying Water, I completely fell in love with their selflessness, compassion and generosity. I was so excited to read Amber’s book, but when I saw it was taking place in Ireland I was ecstatic.

Amber Welles, our Oregon girl, has saved up her money and is on a trip around the world. She isn’t usually one to step outside her comfort zone, but decides it’s now or never and she is ready to live. Things are going according to plan until she is a victim in an
Kim Bailey
4.5 STARS

Confession time:
Chasing River is only the second KA Tucker book that I’ve read! And the first in this series.
… I know, I know … I’m hanging my head in shame. Seriously. I am.

This book was so well done. And it’s so much more than your run of the mill romance. I was astounded by how easily I found myself enveloped in a world of rich Irish landscapes and deep traditions. I think I got a history lesson in there too … but it was woven so perfectly into this fabulous story, I never felt lik
Jasmine
3.5 STARS! ★★★☆

"I'll tell you a story about a lowly Irish peasant bartender who falls in love with a beautiful American princess."

This is probably my favorite so far in the Burying Water series. Probably because it takes place in a rich setting of Ireland and I'm a complete sucker for stories with foreign background settings. It was a nice change of scenery from the rest of her series so far. I thought KA Tucker did a wonderful job in transporting me into that beautiful world and its culture.
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

Chasing River by K.A. Tucker is a compelling, addictive, and touching read that reminds us all that love can knock you off your feet when you least expect it. So far, this book is my favorite of the Burying Water Series. I loved everything about this book from it's real, raw, poignant, and beautiful journey of two strangers as their worlds collide.

#ChasingRiver

Amber Welles has lived an ordinary simple life and when she embarks on a buc
♥Rachel♥
Amber Welles has always been the “good girl” growing up. She didn’t feel she had much choice with the scrutiny that comes with being the daughter of the town’s Sheriff. Amber actually didn’t mind that so much, because it was never in her to make waves or cause problems. For the last two years she’s been saving her money for a four month trip all over the globe. She’s ready to get out of Oregon and see the outside world and live a little. Amber was excited for the adventure that lay ahead in Irel ...more
Karla
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars!

So I have mix feelings about this one I didn't end up loving it as much as book 4 and yes, I'm going backwards with this series. I read the blurbs of all the books and book 4 caught my attention first, so after reading it I was intrigued by this series. Like I said mixed feelings and all so I'm just gonna say what worked for me and what didn't.

description

What worked, the writing as always so good, the setting, Ireland reading about the culture and the story telling, loved that part, especially
Jacqueline's Reads
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
4 Loving Ireland stars

I love K.A. Tucker. I’m a huge fan of her Breathing series. I would say that the Burying Water series is more suspenseful and less romantic. Chasing River is a standalone. I like how each book in the Burying Water series is unique and different.

Burying Water, book 1, is about a girl who loses her memory

Becoming Rain, book 2, is about a girl who is an undercover cop

Chasing River, book 3 is about a girl who travels to Ireland

With each book I read, I can tell Tucker did her re
Carissa
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-s-2015

Chasing River is a beautifully poignant portrayal of love and friendship. Set in the background of the IRA woes, along with realistic family concerns and life in general.

Amber and River's story shows us, that at any moment you can be unexpectedly knocked off your feet. Removing all inhibitions and falling for the mostly unlikely of persons. Opposites do attract.

Amber Welles
Sabrina
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amber Welles is on a mission to find herself. She packs up her things and uses everything she has saved in her two years of nursing to take her journey around the world. When her journey brings her to Dublin, Ireland her whole world shifts when she almost gets blown up. Luckily she was saved and now she finds herself chasing after her savior.

River Delaney is constantly looking after his older brother and trying to keep him on the right side of the law. But when his brother goes too far and almo
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review: Surj 3.5- 4 stars

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

K.A Tucker is an automatic one click for me. The stories she gives us are captivating and unique and the characters we are introduced to are difficult not to like. However... (and I don't say this easily), "Burying Water" is probably my least favourite of everything I have read by this author. I'm not saying it was a bad read but equally
Ari
Definitely my favourite in the series.

I will have soon a full review as well, but until then there are some things I needed to mention.

First the characters - I liked Amber even from the snippets we got in the previous books. All her life she tried to be the good girl, in complete opposite with her brother and this is her chance to break away and be herself. It's funny how adventure is not what she expected, but she is a stubborn girl and won't run away even when everything screams danger ahead.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
It was hard not to already be half in love with Amber after reading Burying Water, which was why, going into Chasing River, I didn't hesitate at all. I knew I already liked her, cared about her, and wanted her to have one heck of a story.

Throw in a gorgeous Ireland setting and a handsome guy with a hero complex not to mention an Irish brogue and really, you can't go wrong.

I really enjoyed this read. I knew I would but it surprised me with how caught up I was in the chaos of River's family, in th
FMABookReviews
I loved, Chasing River, the 3rd book in the Burying Water series. I loved the history of Ireland, (I am Irish-Italian and my Irish ancestry is from Cork Ireland, it was so cool reading a little about it in the book) and as well, I loved reading about the history of the IRA, I loved the strong familial ties, and of course I loved the relationship between River and Amber it was dynamic and endearing.

This book opens with a bit of a history lesson. Don't let that frighten or steer you away. It was e
AJ
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 “Please stay” stars

I loved this book! A great romance with some crime drama and a touch of history, it was really well put together and a beautiful story that had me captivated from the very beginning.

This is the third book in the Burying Water series, and while it ties in to the other books in the series, it has a really different feel to it, and can easily be read as a standalone.

Amber is the twin sister of Jesse, the hero from Burying Water. 25 years old, she is on the trip of a lifetime
☕️Kimberly
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Five Caffeinated reasons to grab a copy of Chasing River

We met Amber in previous books; Despite her family's concerns she is traveling abroad on a three-month adventure. She just arrived in Dublin, Ireland the previous night and is cutting through Steven’s Greens, to make it to a scheduled tour when out of nowhere a young Irishman saves her life and runs off. The tale that unfolds shares growth, the complications of family and the realization that sometimes love is not at all how you imagined
Dana

This author may have to be added to my auto-buy list. I thoroughly enjoyed this current installment just as much as the last one. For anyone like me that has been traumatized by the vulgar tripe that has polluted the New Adult genre, I implore you to check out this author.

Every book by her consists of a romantic AND interesting plot, filled to the brim with memorable and lovable characters. Each voice is realistic and impossible to tear yourself away from. I hate how I can never write a proper
Bj
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 "Fall in Love with a Foreigner" Stars! Lovers of the Burying Water Series will not want to miss KA Tucker's latest installment, Chasing River. Providing a familiar theme--an arguably badboy hero who is willing to reform his questionable ways for love--in an all new setting--the politically fraught backdrop of Ireland; Ms. Tucker manages to keep this series fresh and new, while still providing an overarching unifying theme.

For those of you who have not had a chance to read the prior books in
Christy LoveOfBooks
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5

This book was so good, you guys! I have nothing but love for Chasing River. Hell the whole series so far has rocked, and they seem to keep getting better.

I was so happy to see that Chasing River focuses on Amber, Jesse’s sister. She’s finally getting to spread her wings and travel the world like she wanted to. She’s always been the good girl who followed the rules, always overthinking things. So it was a lot of fun watching her start to let go a little and really find herself.

Oh, and that I
Kat
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

I enjoyed reading Chasing River! It wasn't as strong as the first two books in the series, but there were some great parts.

The romance was likable I really liked Amber and River's story. I did want a bit MORE from the romance, though. Not necessarily more romantic things (like kissing--there was plenty of that), but more bonding/moments that reflected their chemistry. Actually, the book as a whole could've used MORE
Sandra Cortez
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am loving this series and the history buff in me was enthralled in the lessons learned on the IRA and Ireland's rich history. Can't recommend this romantic suspense series enough.
Emma
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great addition to the series, not my favourite but I still really enjoyed it. It was a tiny bit insta-lovey but not in annoying way, it actually kind of worked!

There were a few negatives for me, but to be honest these things only bothered me because I'm Irish. I think if I wasn't Irish I would have loved the story. To be frank, the authors research let her down. The Irish slang was just...well..wrong. And her summary of Irish history/politics was just that..a summary, I realise the author didn'

• Right Kind of Wrong (Finding Fate, #3)
  • Where Sea Meets Sky
  • Playing with Fire (Mended Hearts, #1)
  • With Every Breath (Wanderlust #1)
  • Honesty (Mark of Nexus, #3)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Only Between Us (Starving Artists, #1)
  • Tough Enough (Tall, Dark, and Dangerous, #2)
  • Toxic
  • Just Another Maniac Monday (Page Turners, #3)
  • Concealed by a Kiss (Hiding from Love #2)
  • Rebound (Boomerang, #2)
  • Fearless Attraction (Cassie, #2)
  • Touching Down
  • Wild (The Ivy Chronicles, #3)
  • New York Nights (Heart of the City #2)
  • Ashes of Redemption (Burning, #3)
  • Deeper (Caroline & West, #1)
K.A. Tucker writes captivating stories with an edge.

She is the USA Today bestselling author of 17 books, including the Causal Enchantment, Ten Tiny Breaths and Burying Water series, He Will Be My Ruin, Until It Fades, Keep Her Safe, and The Simple Wild.

Her books have been featured in national publications including USA Today, Globe & Mail, Suspense Magazine, First for Women, and Publisher's

Burying Water (4 books)
  • Burying Water (Burying Water, #1)
  • Becoming Rain (Burying Water, #2)
  • Surviving Ice (Burying Water, #4)
“I want you to look at me the way you used to. I want you to think that I’m good. I want you to still want me.” 9 likes
“And then I want to come back here, light all these candles...' He kisses me again. '...and tell you a story about a lowly Irish peasant bartender who falls in love with a beautiful American princess.” 6 likes