Start by marking “Origins of Evil (At Hell's Gates #2)” as Want to Read:
Origins of Evil (At Hell's Gates #2)

Origins of Evil

(At Hell's Gates #2)

Welcome back to Hell’s Gates! The palpable sense of dread may seem familiar, but this time things are a bit…different. Fresher. Newer. As though just recently born…

See that squealing baby over there? He could grow up to be a lifesaving doctor (or perhaps the antichrist.) What about that scientist burning the midnight oil? He could be working on a bug zapper (or a doomsday
Published January 30th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Origins of Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Origins of Evil

Mike
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pulse by Mark Tufo: A innocent-seeming vignette that starts off with a man trying to build a better mousetrap - or in this case - bug zapper. His design gets away from him though, and things spiral out of control quickly. A mix of sci-fi, thriller, and E.C. Comics style unintended consequences makes this a strong anchor for the book.

Cookies for the Gentleman by C.T. Phipps: This is my idea of a quintessential horror short story. Clever, expertly paced, and stingy with the details until the very
Patrick D'Orazio
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
At Hell’s Gates: Volume Two focuses on the theme of ‘Origins of Evil’. The first volume was an anthology that served in many ways as an introduction to the world’s the contributing authors had created in their various novel-length horror series. Many of the stories served as add-ons or addendums to those tales-they were short stories with a very large shadow looming behind them. Volume Two has mainly standalone offerings from each contributor.
While I appreciate stories that add to a bigger worl
Holly
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked up this horror anthology. I was initially drawn to its cause to raise money for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund, a cause near and dear to me and my family. At first, I was planning on just skimming through the short stories but I soon found myself to be totally engrossed, and read it cover to cover! I was seriously impressed with the caliber of the stories! I read a lot of horror/sci-fi books and this collection is freakin' scary. They range from quirky ...more
Jessica Austin Gudmundson
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good, scary read. Great cause.
Meghan
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
As a die hard horror junkie, I was really excited to get my hands on this anthology! And the fact that it's in support of a good cause (Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund) was just icing on the cake. I mainly consume horror through the movies, so the natural comparison I drew right away was to the film series "The ABC's of Death." You get the scares in small, easily digestible bites which is a nice change of pace. Plus, if you're not loving one story, you're quickly on to the next!

Like all anthologies
Christoph Fischer
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"At Hell's Gates 2: Origins of Evil" is one hell of a rollercoaster ride. Not a solid fan of horror I purchased the anthology because of some very talented writers who contributed to the second edition and because the proceeds go to The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. Knowing that there was a humanitarian cuase behind the book made it certainly easier to connect with the terror within.
23 stories, all different yet powerful and showcasing diverse talent: The sujects range from a mousetrap to a stars
Melissa ownsbey
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
wow killer cover
it make a great kick ass tattoo
and a cool tshirt
the book is so damn awesome i loved it
so much
i loved the storys
some where kinda gorey but i loved it
im so glad i got to review
this book
Laronza Wiley-moore
the first was good and the second one was better!!!!
Book lover
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A step in the right direction

An anthology of diverse tales for horror, thriller and supernatural fans. Its a much better compilation than the first book in this series. Am glad I gave it a try.
Matthew Baker
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I first read the blurb about AT HELL’S GATES: ORIGINS OF EVIL, I thought to myself, “What a perfect title for an anthology!” Hell is always an interesting backdrop for horror stories, and the gates of hell make for a more specific setting for terror to unfurl. I am excited to promote this anthology, but not just because of the title. The tales within this collection are all excellent for various reasons, and the authors who wrote them are all talented. But this book is also being used to pr ...more
S. Nash
I can't really rate this: conflict of interest ;)
Diana
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this collection that focuses on the origins of evil. I ended up purchasing the other 2 books in the series. For anyone that loves horror this is a must read collection.
Victoria
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pulse by Mark Tufo:
Sam has invented a bug zapper with a difference. Julie, his wife and Arni the lawyer are seeing dollar signs, large ones, little ones and portable ones.
However, the Gov’ is never far behind once you apply for a patent, neither is a certain Hit Man; Emery. However, unlike Monty Pythons Spanish Inquisition, I have learnt with this author to always expect the unexpected and Julie is my hero.
The humour in the story made it a brilliant read and what a fantastic start to this anthol
Nina
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Thanking Sharon Stevenson (contributing author) for giving me the opportunity to read and review At Hell's Gates 2: Origins of Evil.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this horror anthology. For a start, I didn’t know it was published to support the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. Then I panicked, cos I usually don’t enjoy reading any sort of stories involving armed forces. No offence, it is just not my cup of tea. Having finished this almost 500 pages long piece of evil and terror, I might have to r
Tamara
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book for a (beyond) amazing cause! I love horror, and I love Zs. If you do as well, pick up a copy of this fabulous collection that will not disappoint! Anthos are my thing, my go-to place for a horror fix in a crazy, busy world. I can read one short at a time, skip around, or read them all straight through - which is what I did with this collection. Of course, I have a favorite (or two), but they are all slam dunk stories from talented writers. You will be screaming scared mu ...more
Ash †Reviews of a FearStreetZombie†
I received this book in return for an honest review.

Will write proper review when I have finished the book.

Janiera A
Feb 15, 2016
Just Me
Oct 12, 2016
Curran
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Anthony
May 28, 2019
Dara
Feb 13, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Devan Sagliani was born and raised in Southern California and graduated from UCLA. He is the author of the Zombie Attack! series, The Rising Dead, A Thirst For Fire, and the UNDEAD L.A. series. Devan also wrote the original screenplay for the movie HVZ: Humans Versus Zombies. He writes a bimonthly horror column for Escapist Magazine called Dark Dreams.

Devan's fiction has been nominated for the Pus

At Hell's Gates (2 books)
  • At Hell's Gates