Start by marking “The Complete Manual of Things That Might Kill You: A Guide to Self-Diagnosis for Hypochondriacs” as Want to Read:

Hypochondriacs have long had to satisfy their needs for self-diagnosis with medical reference materials written for the masses, but this revolutionary book is dedicated entirely to the hypochondriac's unique perspective on health. The world's worst maladies, conveniently organized by symptom (real or imagined), will ignite even the mildest hypochondriac's fantasy life. We' ...more
Published April 1st 2008 by Knock Knock (first published September 21st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Manual of Things That Might Kill You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Manual of Things That Might Kill You

Start your review of The Complete Manual of Things That Might Kill You: A Guide to Self-Diagnosis for Hypochondriacs
Jessica
Aug 04, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a fun coffee table/ bathroom book. Not necessarily an educational read. This book is on the older side. Since science and medicine moves faster than print I wouldn’t jump to taking all of the information to heart.
Kal
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
When I picked up this book, I expected a lighthearted, funny, and perhaps somewhat exaggerated dictionary of maladies and injuries. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised. While I did indeed find a silly book detailing various afflictions, there is a little more here- as you'll discover as early as the introduction.

The word "hypochondriac" is thrown around so casually in modern days that I certainly thought it was just a clever title for the book. Instead, right from the beginning, it delves into
Meri Elena
May 18, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a morbid and silly book. It definitely isn't a complete manual of anything, but for those with a taste for the grotesque, it's a fun read.

I could tell the book is already out-of-date, so don't take all the information presented herein as perfect truth. Science and medicine move faster than print.
Bab
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Estamos vivos pero que de puto milagro, tete.
Margaret Heller
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health, humor
My sister bought this as a gift for me. As my husband said, "It's like she knows you or something." Now in fairness to myself, I am not really a hypochondriac. But I do love imagining the worst possible scenario. Sometimes the worst does happen, after all.
Dana Hall
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I keep it on my nightstand, so every time I feel ill I can check to see all of the possible diseases or infections I might have. I find it very helpful, but I would be lying if I said it didn't evoke occasional fear...
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
are feeling just fine? not after this book, ya don't.
Courtney
Mar 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book reminds me of way too many relatives... HA!
Julie
Jul 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Every hypochondriac should have this on their shelf for quick referrals. Comes complete with pictures and diagrams.
Miranda Heath
Jan 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Ok,so who wouldn't luv a book with that title?
Mariam Alasfour
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
Not very medically accurate.
TK Keanini
Dec 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A must have for the general hypochondriac
Beverley Grannell
Gina
Jul 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Very Stable Genius: Donald J. Trump's Testing of America
  • Prepper's Guide to Knots: The 100 Most Useful Tying Techniques for Surviving any Disaster
  • Church of Lies