Start by marking “Lie Down with Dogs (Black Dog, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lie Down with Dogs (Black Dog, #3)

Lie Down with Dogs

(Black Dog #3)

Black Dog, Book 3

With tentative peace established in Faerie, Thierry returns to her job as a conclave marshal in Texas while the countdown to her coronation begins. But what happens in Faerie doesn't always stay in Faerie. A crown wasn't Theirry's only souvenir from her trip. Her new husband, Rook, is scheming again, and this time his plans are invading her dreams.

When her
Published April 30th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Lie Down with Dogs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lie Down with Dogs

Douglas Meeks
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I gave serious thought to giving this a bit higher rating and rounding it off to 5 Stars but in the end I decided a few little things kept me from doing it and 1 BIG thing for me that made me want to rate it higher. She made me like Shaw, it only took 3 books since I really have not liked him since book 1. I know that I am a bit biased since I have a personal lack of interest in succubi and incubus as characters (and a few other reviewers I know feel the same way) so making me like Shaw was an u ...more
Jeanny
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've decided to write a deliberately obtuse review in an attempt to prevent spoilers for Lie Down with Dogs.

Please keep in mind Lie Down with Dogs by Hailey Edwards is the third book in a four book series all published. Therefore, if you're still on the fence about reading this series & have decided to read a few reviews as a determining factor, proceed with caution. I will attempt to minimize spoilers but this is book 3 in a 4 book series. Spoilers are likely in your particular case.

I reco
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 3 Lie Down with Dogs Stars ~

Lie Down with Dogs is book three in the Black Dog series by Hailey Edwards.

I enjoyed Lie Down with Dogs. I could not put it down, but it’s not the strongest novel in the series. Thierry is trying to come to terms with the events that happened in the last book Heir of the Dog.

The novel was a steady pace to read, entertaining, but not much happens until after the 50% mark and the author did give the reader a few surprises at the end that I did not see coming. A
Stacy
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, requested
Poor Thierry, she does NOT have a good time in LIE DOWN WITH DOGS. She has a crown laying over her head she doesn't want, she has a phone stalker, her best friend's family is no longer behind her, and her new bodyguards aren't on her side like she thought they were.

I was SO torn over the whole Shaw V.S. Rook dilemma after reading HEIR OF THE DOG, but I think LIE DOWN WITH DOGS did a really good job of finally making me choose a guy to root for. A lot of things were revealed and it was easy to se
Melanie
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ry-2015, read-in-2015
4.5*s
Review posted here...

Lie Down with Dogs is another awesome read in the ‘Black Dog’ series in which we re-join Theirry on her adventures.
The last book proved a real game changer in the series and left me thinking ‘wth’ just happened? Theirry’s life was completely turned around and if you though you knew where the series was headed…. Like me, you would be wrong.
Tee only has a year left on earth before she must take up the role of princess of the Fae, i
Jen Davis
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dammit. Love triangles mess with my emotions. I’ve never been a fan of Shaw, but now I just don’t know how I feel. As the story begins, Thierry has been separated from her new husband, Rook, and she is back home, at least for the next year until she must return to Faerie to be crowned Queen. So she decides to go out on one last vacation with her best friend to Florida. Shaw tags along to work on a case nearby. And of course, she has her two fae guards along with her giant shape shifting cat, Dio ...more
Kelly
OMG! These books are killing me. In a good way. In a "can I squeeze in one more tonight or should I think about getting sleep at some point?" sort of way. (Answer: I can at least START the next book. I might not finish it, but I can TRY!)

Thierry and Shaw and OMG! YES! I'm not saying I agreed with some of the choices he made, but I'm glad things are finally getting ironed out between them. I mean, at least they're communicating, right? Communication is KEY. Especially when you can drink someone's
Linda
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thierrys trying to come to terms with the future shes bound to, to return and rule as Queen in Faerie within a year, but its hard to give up on life as she knows it, her friends and her mother.
Mai convinces her to take a vacation in Florida, sun, beach and fun, but that doesnt turn out as planned. With her royal guards, the giant cat she befriended in Faerie and not to mention Shaw and her being his only means to feed..
Get ready for a fast paced, action filled and thrilling read where question
Bonnie Dale Keck
Apr 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Kindle Unlimited, basically Dog Eat Dog World: Limited Edition Bundle (Black Dog) an omnibus type book, order given is not necessarily by 'set' or collection but by order blurb said in the one book. Rather hard to figure out rating when there are multiple stories in 1 large collection, as usually don't like all of them the same, so had to figure out whether a 3 or a 4 basically but figured liked it overall 'okay; but not really invested in any.

Dog with a Bone (The Black Dog Prequel) - Dog Days o
Vannessa
I really am enjoying this series. Thierry is the Unseelie Princess, soon to be crowned Queen, a position most fae would die for, but one that Thierry is desperate to get out of. She is back in the mortal world, trying to live her life as normally as possible, yet this time she has a talk gigantic cat and 2 bodyguards following her every move.

When her best friend and roommate Mai suggests a short vacation to Daytona Beach to get away from everything, they both jump at the chance, but unfortunate
TJ
Oct 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Still invested in the stories and this one was good, just not great. It rides the line of YA (which it feels like) and NA (which is where the ages of the characters land it.)
Diane Lynch
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lie Down with Dogs (Black Dog #3) by Hailey Edwards Book three takes place after Marshal Thierry Thackeray’s return from Fairy. She negotiated a year in the human realm before returning to Fairy as Queen. Mai and Thierry plan a vacation in Daytona where they of course run into trouble because Thierry’s life is never easy.

Thierry has a lot on her plate. She was tricked into being Rook's wife in book two. She is dealing with Shaw’s feeding situation. Work doesn’t want her on any life treating mis
Arlene
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous tale

I love the characters, I love the edge of the seat drama between them as well as the suspense... I LOVE that she understands an ending! There are so many parts that I love, I can't wait to start next book.. I just realized though that it will be ending soon.. What to do!
Jess the Romanceaholic
As always, loved it. I'm DYING to get my greedy little hands on Old Dogs, New Tricks (which doesn't come out until JULY *whines*)

Full review to follow when I can locate my review notebook that has all my notes in it.

*whispers* Go Team Shaw!
Lisa Emme
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I read this on my Kobo. Don't know why it only shows that there is a Kindle edition.
Susan
Sep 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
I usually finish books even if I don't want to but I had to stop on this one. The series started off very promising but this book just fell so flat I couldn't bring myself to finish it.
Paranormal_Madness
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What I liked:
-Thierry and Shaw. I really love these two together. They have fantastic chemistry, still some of the absolute best I've read in paranormal fiction. Their interactions are perfect as partners, both at work and personally. I feel like they bring out the best in each other and I really hope they somehow end up together.
-Politics. I thought it was pretty awesome that Thierry's new position isn't being forgotten about until it's important. She is forced to constantly think about how her
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Thierry is now a princess of Faerie thanks to her new husband Rook. She is given a one year reprieve and she hopes to find a way out of this mess in that time. In the meantime Shaw shows up and lets he know that something happened and he can now only feed from her. And if things aren't complicated enough she finds out her mother in law the Morrigan wants the throne for her own as well as the human world.

This was good, the second is still my favorite but this was entertaining. Mostly, I don't ge
Donna
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fast read,

Good storyline, no vacation for Thierry, Surprises at the end. One book left to wrap up Thierry's story. Thierry and Mai take last minute beach vacation to Daytona. Shaw tags along to investigate family mystery in nearby Orlando. Danger and mystery converge. Good story and good seg to final book. Leaves me ready to move onto last book and see how it all wraps up.
Ana Reinhard
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Well, obviously I didn't like it.... I hate when that happens.

This book is slow, put until maybe have way through all that's really going on is girls on vacation...
And Thierry whiny a lot! She becomes passive and things happen to her. She doesn't take initiative short of saying all the time how she doesn't what to be queen... She doesn't research, she tries to catch a genie to make a wish... that's like the first view pages... and then that's it...

The interesting parts only start 70% in. After t
D.C.
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

Not sure if this was a fast read or if it was just because I skipped a section of the story. The drive from Texas to the checkin at the hotel I scanned. But it still felt like a fast read.
Ellen Williams
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Daddy issues and love

If you’ve already read the first two books I don’t know why you are bothering reading reviews for this third book. This book is chock full of stress, daddy issues, fae issues, and of course the idea of love - mates and fated love. I absolutely love this book and the real ness of Thierry’s struggles and emotions. On to the next book!
Jerri
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story

This was a pretty good next book but if it is the conclusion a lot was left open which I hate as a reader. Overall good read. Loved delving deeper into the characters..
Denise King
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful fictional universe for wonderful characters to strut their stuff in.
Dena
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
3.75*
Melissa Silva
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

I love this series
Moves so quickly and interesting. My favorite author and I've enjoyed almost all of her books. Felt like this one flew by me, I read it so fast
Shannon C.
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
First half: 1-2 stars (almost DNF)
Second half: 3 - 4 stars
Northy
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Kinda Stephanie Plum meets Kate Daniels... light, readable, enjoyable...
L Bongiorno
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
I thought this one was so slooooow to get started!
Kelly Reed
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Read

Again I find myself buying the next book in the Black Dog series without hesitation. Hope I don’t stay up all night reading the next one!
  • Ward Against Darkness (Chronicles of a Reluctant Necromancer #2)
  • Edged Blade (Colbana Files, #4)
  • The Beasts Inside: The Purgatory Series, Books 1-4
  • Heart of Fire
  • My Lord Mayhem (Disenchanted & Co., #0.5)
  • Motor City Mage (Urban Arcana  #4)
  • Asmodeus (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Rogue's Possession (Covenant of Thorns, #2)
  • Winter Woman
  • The Brimstone Deception (SPI Files, #3)
  • Ardor
  • Altered Destiny
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • Walking in the Dark (Ollie Wit, #2)
  • Whisper of Shadows (Diamond City Magic, #3)
  • Gods and Ends (Ordinary Magic #3)
  • Engraved (The St. Croix Chronicles, #5)
  • Heart of the Incubus (Demons of Infernum, #3.5)
Hailey Edwards writes about questionable applications of otherwise perfectly good magic, the transformative power of love, the family you choose for yourself, and blowing stuff up. Not necessarily all at once. That could get messy. She lives in Alabama with her husband, their daughter, and a herd of dachshunds.

Black Dog (4 books)
  • Dog with a Bone (Black Dog, #1)
  • Heir of the Dog (Black Dog, #2)
  • Old Dog, New Tricks (Black Dog, #4)
“Thierry, you must learn not only when to lift a burden, but when to set it down.” He patted Shaw’s lax face with his paw. “Otherwise, your back will break under the strain, and everyone who depends on you will be left as sheep without their shepherd. Do you understand?” 2 likes
“I didn’t agree to be Rook’s wife. It just happened. Like walking through a mountain pass and a boulder falling on top of your head.” I pushed to my feet. “The person squished underneath the rock doesn’t have to ask it for permission to keep breathing. The person can fight to get free all they want, and the rock can stuff it where the moss don’t grow.” 1 likes