Start by marking “Dangerous Dough (Donut Shop Mystery, #18)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Dough (Donut Shop Mystery, #18)

Dangerous Dough

(Donut Shop Mystery #18)

From New York Times Bestselling Author Jessica Beck,

Donut Mystery #18, DANGEROUS DOUGH!

Suzanne and Jake are finally married, but the honeymoon is over too soon when they find her mother waiting for them at the airport. Someone has murdered the new police chief in their absence, and the list of suspects comprise some of the folks closest to them, including Suzanne’s stepfat
Published January 30th 2015 by Cozy Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Dough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Dough

Christine
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozies
This is the eighteenth book in the donut shop mysteries. Suzanne has just arrived home from her honeymoon to find out that the new police chief had been posioned. Considering the cheifs personality, it is no suprise the suspect list is a long one, with Suzannes employees on it. Jake is appointed to led the investigation in April Sorings while Suzanne and Grace handle the investigation in the chiefs peevious town.

After having a really hard time getting through the three previous books in this se
Diana
Dec 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Decent read

I liked this book, but for me, there was something lacking in the story. I gave it three stars because I liked it enough, I finished it. Will still try other books from this author.
Jill
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Realized that I'm kind of over Suzanne and her investigative arrogance, so no more of this series for me. (I mean, 18 is enough right?)
Connie
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: murder-mysteries
I really enjoyed this book! She really tries hard, and succeeds, in not doing any love scenes. If you don't want any or don't care if it's there or not, this is a good series for that.
I don't like how the series is heading, though. If a state police officer were to retire, I believe he/she would be okay with some type of PI work. But I don't think any former cop would do half the things he does here.
Enjoy!
Yoshua David
18 of 39? And it was disappointing, it drifted too far in to fantasy - Yes these are fictional, but never would someone like Jake let the ladies tag along, & the chase at the end just careened into nonsense. If this much make-believe is allowed to create this story, one might as well read fairy tales.
Becky Lewis
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy
Pivotal Book in Series...

This was a pivotal book for the series, and well done. Some books do not survive the loss of tension when the two love interests marry; not so with Jake and Suzanne, as we get to see them struggle to work together well on the murder of the newest police chief.Also, can the detecting duo of Grace and Suzanne make room for Jake, while leaving his ego intact? All in all, interesting sub threads throughout the book with a stunning conclusion. These factors, plus Beck's wry h
Paula
Mar 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
I love this series, but like I have said in numerous other reviews, the author's writing style really gets on my nerves. This time, it was over the top annoying. Yes, we know Jake is Suzanne's new husband, there is no reason she has to constantly refer to him that way. That being said, this mystery was pretty good. I totally thought it was someone else and was surprised at the ending.
Kathy
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great Donut Mystery!!

I am never disappointed by Jessica s books!! The characters are so much fun and I love how Suzanne and Grace always manage to get information out of the suspects that the police can't always get.
Gretchen
Apr 01, 2015 rated it liked it
The story of Suzanne, owner of Donut Hearts, continues with her and Jake returning from their honeymoon in Paris and landing right in a murder investigation of he new chief in town. This may be their last adventure.
Marcie
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
A cute short mystery. Nice for a lazy day at home.
PWRL
Jul 15, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-new
A
Jaimie O'Dell
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: favorite-series
Hope this is not the last book- The ending has me kinda worried!
Martha Morse
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down

Great book. I'm not a person that reads a book in one or two sittings but this just kept me riveted.
Susan
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a fun mystery book.
Jenni Schell
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
This is yet another great book in this series. I would think that by book 18 the characters and stories would start getting stale but that is just not the case. They just keep getting better.
Heather  Bowers
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another great Cozy Mystery

Easy read and like with all the books I read...food is involved. Another great series of books with fun characters
Kristie
Pretty good storyline and I also found it interesting seeing the dynamic change a bit with Grace and Suzanne, now that Suzanne and Jake are married and him helping with their investigation.
Nov 26, 2016
Dec 26, 2015
Book
Jan 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Beewitched (Queen Bee Mystery, #5)
  • The Chocolate Moose Motive (A Chocoholic Mystery, #12)
  • For Cheddar or Worse (A Cheese Shop Mystery #7)
  • Cookies and Scream (Cookie Cutter Shop Mystery, #5)
  • Thin Crust Killers (The Pizza Mysteries, #7)
  • The Fatal Funnel Cake (A Fresh-Baked Mystery, #8)
  • Wreath of Deception (Craft Corner, #1)
  • All I Want for Christmas Is Fudge (Candy-Coated, #3.5)
  • Rancher's Refuge (Whisper Falls, #1)
  • Buttoned Up (Button Box Mystery, #4)
  • Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery, #2)
  • Clean Burn (Janelle Watkins, Private Investigator, #1)
  • Wicked Stitch (Embroidery Mystery, #8)
  • A Tough Nut to Kill (A Nut House Mystery, #1)
Jessica Beck is a pseudonym used by
Tim Myers.
Jessica Beck is the penname of an author who has been nominated for the Agatha Award and named an Independent Mystery Booksellers Association national bestseller nearly a dozen times.

Jessica Beck loves donuts, and has the figure to prove it. It's amazing what people can convince themselves is all in the name of research! For each recipe featured in the

Donut Shop Mystery (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • Glazed Murder (Donut Shop Mystery, #1)
  • Fatally Frosted (Donut Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Sinister Sprinkles (Donut Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Evil Eclairs (Donut Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Tragic Toppings (Donut Shop Mystery, #5)
  • Killer Crullers (Donut Shop Mystery, #6)
  • Drop Dead Chocolate (Donut Shop Mystery, #7)
  • Powdered Peril (Donut Shop Mystery, #8)
  • Illegally Iced (Donut Shop Mystery, #9)
  • Deadly Donuts (Donut Shop Mystery, #10)