Start by marking “Under His Protection (The White Rose Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Under His Protection (The White Rose Trilogy #1)

Under His Protection

(White Rose Trilogy #1)

What really happened to the two young princes of York, who were held prisoner in the tower of London by their ambitious uncle following the death of their father, King Edward of York? Some think one son escaped and was later executed by King Henry VII when he returned to claim his rightful throne. But not before he sired a child. In, Under His Protection, the first in a ne ...more
Published January 29th 2015 by Entertwine Publishing (first published November 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Under His Protection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under His Protection

Start your review of Under His Protection (The White Rose Trilogy #1)
Arianne The Bookworm on the Loose
Under His Protection is a regency novel about two lovestruck characters; one came from the America, who had zest and carefree attitude in life, while the other one was a brash young lord who was reputed to be a ladies man. Their love story began with Lord Alexander challenging a newcomer to a duel but got more than he bargained for when the young lad’s sister came to his defense instead. There was something mysterious and intriguing about the new family who arrived in London, which got everyone’ ...more
Space Cowgirl
What's In A Name?🏰
Victorian Romance💕 and Adventure with a Mystery.
1838 England.
The book makes Alex🐺🍆⛲💪🔪🔫, the new Duke of Ravenwood, out to be a carousing, devil may care man, who does exactly everything he wants to, including engaging in illegal duels🔪🔫 at dawn! When he sees young American woman, Greyland💃💋, the daughter of a knight, Sir Richard Kingston, Alex🐺🍆⛲💪🔪🔫 is instantly smitten by her wild and free ways. She is like an untamed animal, and he is just the one to tame her!

Alex🐺🍆⛲💪🔪🔫 and h
Nook Books and More Blog
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Stacy Von Haegert's takes a new freshness on a historical fiction and makes into a storyline that will intrigue any book reader! I don't read a lot of romance unless there's an intrigues that pulls me in. I must admit the story does grab you from the first page and leaves you wanting more. Their is suspense, intrigue,adventure, and romance at every turn!

As Alexander the Duke of Ravenswood arrives in London in 1838 he quickly finds himself lost in the vortex that is Greyland Kingston "Grey" is s
Kari Maass
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I really enjoyed this story and the twist on the lost princes of the tower. I liked the intrigue of generation still fighting for the crown. Grayland and Alex were a great couple.
MJ
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021-books, arc
My first from Stacy Von Haegert and most definitely not my last, Under His Protection is WONDERFUL! With all the rumblings of success wrt Bridgerton and Sanditon, I have to admit that I do love this time period in history and with this book I was thrust right back to the early 1800's England. But what sets this book apart from the others is the idea that an American-bred family with deep royal lineage can be the stars of the show, happily taking the residents of high society by storm and doing i ...more
Arianne The Bookworm on the Loose
Matthew
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Normally I do not read (and I have never reviewed a romance novel) but I must say I was quite surprised with Stacy Von Haegert’s take on historical fiction, and/or romance (the historical fiction was the part that intrigued me I'm a big history geek and often read historical fiction) I must admit the story does grab the reader from the first page I mean let's be honest what could be better than opening a story with a brawl between two noblemen in an English gentleman's club that result in the in
Jaci
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clean-romance
I was given an ARC book for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS ; WARNING: CONTAINS MATURE AND ADULT CONTENT

This story has several different peoples POV. These are my favorite type of books to read, simply because you get to see what is happening from all angles.

When I started this book, I thought I was getting into another typical historical romance, which I have not read in a long time. I was so mistaken by the e
Jaci
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS ; WARNING: CONTAINS MATURE AND ADULT CONTENT

Crystal Barnard
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Are you looking for a historical romance book that delivers on romance? Hot leading men? Whitty, somewhat bratty heroines? Then you want to read this book.
Greyland makes me laugh. Her sense of doing what is right, mixed with her tendency to cause a little trouble when she can pulled me to her. I love how she knows what she wants and doesn't let the fact that she has two older brothers, stop her from having fun and being who she is.
Alexander.....*Fans self* Oh my, what can I say. He steals your b
Excessive~Reader

Under his Protection was Stacy's first published book, I rated it a 5 star story but a 3 star edit. I averaged them together and give it 4.25 stars. The story has a good pace, slow enough at times to let you fall in love with the characters personality and fast moments that make your eyes move faster too.
The characters are very likable, and a little different. In a historical book often the female is thought of as delicate as glass. So when the very attractive, troubled Duke first see's this d
Giselle Phillips
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun little novel that blends the history of Victorian era England and the pulse quickening romance of a steamy Harlequin romance.
Under his protection tells the story of Alex Ravenswood, an aristocrat and nobleman in the very beginning of Queen Victoria’s reign, who falls head-over-heel in love with the bewitching and out spoken American Lady Greyland Kingston. Their swift and heated romance is punctuated by the fact both the Ravenswood’s and the Kingston’s are decided from royalty. But this r
Geena Green
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Under His Protection (The White Rose Trilogy)” marks Stacy Von Haegert’s debut as an author. In her book, Ms Von Haegert attempts to explain a centuries-old mystery regarding two youthful princes of York: their uncle imprisoned them after their father died and nobody knew, with certainty, how they had fared after imprisonment.

Ms Haegert’s treatment of the mystery produces an intriguing plot that includes distant history, lust, love, gossip, humour, suspense and constant action. The story is set
Kevin
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First, in the interests of full disclosure, Under His Protection isn’t what you’d call my typical read, but I kind of got roped in by my wife, who couldn’t put it down.

What appealed to me about it was the historical tie-in as I do like historical fiction, like WEB Griffin, though Von Haegert’s book is not truly in this vein either. What she does do surprisingly well, especially as I think this is her first published book, is mix up various genres and make this appeal to many touch points.

It isn
Alexander Pumar Timog
Under His Protection (The White Rose Trilogy) by Stacy Von Haegert

Every fans of romance novel will surely fall in love with Under His Protection (The White Rose Trilogy) by Stacy Von Haegert.
What started as a fistfight and possible duel, has turned out to be the beginning of a beautiful love story. Could it be love at first sight for Alex and Greyland? For love comes from the most unexpected places.

Reading this novel is like drinking a love potion---anyone who has felt the magic of love will sur
Mark
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stacy wrote something that will mesmerize you, at first I didn’t wanted to read this one but once started it I just couldn’t stop. Set in London back in 30’s the characters show very natural and real, loved it how little conversations explain so much and at the same time leave a mystery behind. Very beautifully written and interesting side is shown of woman in that era. I don’t have to say more about the book don’t want to spoil the story.

Alex character takes you on a ride as a brave man yet has
Becky Cox
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Under His Protection is a beautifully written historic romance. Von Haegert's imagery in describing the period setting of the novel is very well done. Greyland is such an entertaining character and I fell in love with her immediately. Smart, feisty, intelligent and brave she immediately caught Alex's attention. Alex, a very attractive and eloquent man who has to risk everything to protect Greyland.

The gossip surrounding Greyland's family wags freely with their arrival in London from America. The
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
4.5 Stars!!!
Let me start by saying that I typically don't read historical romance but this book may have just changed my mind:) There is something romantic and sexy about a lady being courted by her intended. I found myself drawn to Greyland, her protective brothers and their family secret.

Enter Alexander, the Duke of Ravenswood, who is immediately smitten with the unconventional, American beauty. The passion and heat between Alex and Greyland is undeniable making for a very enjoyable read. Wh
Lissa
I don't generally give books less than a 3, but I guess there is a first time for everything. First, though- this story had a great premise, and the solution to the old historical mystery was well thought out and plausible. I did, for the most part, like the characters and those two things are what kept me reading.
The actual events throughout seemed disjointed, and some of the dialogue was, to be blunt, almost juvenile. There were also an embarrassing number of grammatical errors that made it ha
Jessica Mitchell
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Under his protection

Greyland is a stubborn highbrow lady who wants to do things her way. Alexander falls for her stubbornness and unique personality. The two combined are like a bottle rock setting off. But with jealously lies and deception around ever corner will they get their happy ending?
Cindy Gray
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this book!!! It kept me interested from the beginning. I can't wait to read the next book! Keep em coming! ...more
Poonguzhahli A
Feb 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Under his protection is a historical romantic thriller. It takes place in the period just when Queen Victoria had taken her place in the throne. And it revolves around one of the mysteries of the Royal Family.

Actually, this is the first book of this type I have ever read. Still, the book managed to capture my attention and interest almost from the beginning. The characters - primary and secondary - of the book are really interesting people and they struck a chord with me almost immediately too.
Erica
Feb 18, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve never written a review for a romance book because I generally don’t read romance novels but the author gave me a copy for an honest review and I have to say I was impressed.
After binging Bridgerton, and needing more, this book came at a good time. It was set in London in the 1830s, and surrounds a very interesting family and most importantly the daughter Greyland.
Greyland is an easy to love character, she is playful, stubborn, and a “spitfire” as her love interest calls her often.
The book
Andrea ( books_fiction_desire )
Under his protection it’s a beautiful historic story from 1800 .
Greyland was a very spirited young women and was expected to be married within one year. Luckily for her, there was only one man who stole her heart from the first time she laid her eyes on him and Alex did everything under his protection so that nothing came between them.

This was a great story, true page turner from the start and I can’t wait to dig in the next in series ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Elizabeth Bennet
You know you have a good book when you are hurrying about at doing all your errands to make your way back to it. I say errands because the dishes, laundry and house cleaning they could wait. I mean it's just a few days, right? Anyway, I loved this book. It took the two main personalities I love and tossed them together. So what do you get when you cross a proper English duke with a spirited, independent American? A rip roaring good time that's what.

Picture this:
Duke Ravenwood and his second Thom
Kristy
Nov 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading Under His Protection is my first experience with a romance novel, so I must confess I have no other medium to compare it to aside from the classic fiction I love. Therefore, this review will be based on what I imagine a romance novel is supposed to be.

Sex: Yes, there is sex and plenty of it. The sexual tension leading up to Greyland and Alex’s first encounter is consuming, and after that, Alex turns into a bit of a sadist and Greyland is his masochist, but not so much that it’s chains an
Amanda
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read on speculated history topic. Alexander, newly titled Duke of Ravenswood, is a hothead with a reputation of a rate and no intention of settling down. He picked a fight with an American in a local pub over cards, said American also has a short temper, and they set to duel at dawn. The Kingston family has been on the move and traveling, but the patriarch Richard made a decision to make the move to England and plant roots there as his values are more in line with the newly crowned Que ...more
Reagan Gieseking
If you ignore the grammatical errors throughout, this book is pretty much Julia-Quinn-esque historical romance novel, except that it is written with an over-arching story line to be continued with the female protagonist's brothers. While I do enjoy historical romance novels, this one seemed to confuse me at various points. I'm not sure when the male protagonist fell in love with the female protagonist, because he seemed to only want to have sex with her at first (well constantly, really). The fe ...more
2OCC Reviews
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've never read a normal historical romance novel before. I've read time travel that takes them to the past, but I have a feeling that that is a lot different then what this book is going to be, but I was excited.

Greyland was in short a tomboy. I love how she wasn't into being proper and just lived life how she wanted too.

Alex was very respectable. I liked how charming he was. He was subtle but at the same time he wasn't. He is like any man out there, possessive of what he deems his.

It was di
Lisa
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’m not sure I can write a good enough review that properly explains how much I loved this book! I’m usually wary of starting any historical romance series, because sometimes I’m reading too flowery language, or I am having the rules of society at the time of the story being shoved into my face, while boring me with a slow moving plot. That is not the case with “UHP”. Although at first it seems like a usual HR novel – Duke avoiding marriage finding himself attracted to a different sort of woman ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
"Under his Protection" Just made Amazon's top 10 in two genres! 4 7 Mar 11, 2016 07:13PM

• Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • An Earl in Wolf's Clothing (Rules of the Rogue, #1)
  • The Devilish Duke (Saints & Scoundrels, #1)
  • The Devil to Pay
  • Lord Vile (Beastly Lords, #3)
  • Masquerade (Scandalous Ballroom Encounters, #1)
  • The Villain (The Villain #1)
  • The Earl in My Bed (Rebellious Desires #2)
  • His Scandalous Lessons (Private Arrangements, #1)
  • The Truth About Cads and Dukes (Rescued from Ruin, #2)
  • The Dove (The Villain #2)
  • The Scoundrel in Her Bed (Sins for All Seasons, #3)
  • How to Marry a Marquess (Wedded by Scandal, #3)
  • Wicked in His Arms (Wedded by Scandal, #2)
  • Synthetic Magic (The Bloodless Affairs #1)
  • Portrait of a Lady (The Gentleman Courtesans #1)
  • Courage to Trust

Stacy Von Haegert is the International Bestselling Author of two genres: Historical Romance (the White Rose trilogy, and Lords), and Dark Fantasy (the Forged of Fire series)

Stacy currently lives in historic downtown Franklin TN with her hubby, teenage son, calico cat, and Belgian Tervuren, where she writes by day and teaches ballroom dance in the evenings. She is obsessed with old houses, good lit

White Rose Trilogy (3 books)
  • Under His Guidance (The White Rose Trilogy #2)
  • Under His Discretion