Start by marking “Shattered (The Russian Guns, #5)” as Want to Read:
Shattered (The Russian Guns, #5)

Shattered

(The Russian Guns #5)

“Don’t fall in love with me. I ruin beautiful things.”

Love made him this way, but life makes him stay.

Life doesn’t give a redo. There’s no rewind or pause button to take you back or stop time. Once something happens, it happened. The most tragic of those times in his life, the ones he wouldn’t get back and the moments he could never fix, reminded Demyan Avdonin of a bullet
ebook
Published July 2nd 2015 (first published January 1st 2015)

Bev
I've adored reading this series, I really have. Shattered was a difficult read at times, it hurt to read in places but I'm so glad I stuck with it. Demyan was so closed off after the events in Demyan & Ana and to be honest I was nervous to read this one.

That said, I love the way she writes her male characters, when they fall they FALL. The love they have for their women is what makes her writing so good for me, especially Demyan, my heart hurt for him so much so to see him thaw and feel and
Elfina Renee
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
 photo Slide1_6.gif
War was declared when Liam destroyed my world. Oh he did more then shake the foundation of the man I once was, that part of me is gone, dead and buried right along side with my wife. The person I am now he should be afraid of, he's created a monster. One who craves more then any kind of vengeance or justice. Being shattered works in my favor, no one will see the jagged edges when I strike back. He'll never see retribution coming or who I'm willing to sacrifice.
 photo Slide1_21.gif
(Shattered) He might take you fro
Bethany-Kris
Jun 19, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shattered: A Russian Guns Novel is live!

"Don't fall in love with me. I ruin beautiful things."

Amazon

description

***

description

Released July 2nd, 2015
Varied Books
Jan 31, 2015 rated it did not like it
I knew I shouldn't of read this book b/c of how much H loved his deceased wife from the previous book.

I got that Claire (h) loved Demyan (H) but sadly I never completely felt his connection to her. He does express his love & has some loving thoughts about her. His actions didn't support his great love. We get a few glimpses but I needed more. The connection between them wasn't fleshed out enough. I needed more depth.

AND this totally made me say WTF: we get no response from Demyan about how
Deborah
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it

4.5 stars.

The previous book 'Demyan & Ana' completely surprised me but I wasn't sure how I'd cope with this book, it was always going to be a difficult read because Demyan is so cold, distant and closed off, alienating all those around him.
While it was a difficult read, particularly early on I have to say, without giving anything away at all that it was beautifully done and I felt happy with the way it ended.
Again I'm not doing a summary because I don't want to spoil anything for you and wh
Mihaela
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"i is a big boy"
we all remember that sweet little boy who was all the time watching his father. we loved him when he was born, when it was his "happy birthday" and his father wasn't there and even when anton teached him how to use a weapon. we watched him with gia ever since they were kids, until she was taken away from him. and so, a new chapter begins in demyan's life. "Shattered" started four years after gia's death, years in which demyan was not demyan, just a shadow of the boy he used to b
Keya
This was the perfect ending to an amazing series.

I simply cannot hide how much I truly enjoyed this series. From the characters, to the story line to the raw emotions it created.

After reading the novella Demyan and Ana I knew going into Shattered would be painful. The novella was painful already, like gut-wrenching painful. So I had to prepare myself for this book. Throughout Anton and Viviana's story when Demyan was born we saw glimpses of his personality and it was a cheeky one. He was sma
Sheila
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to receive an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
‘Shattered’ is the 5th book in the Russian Guns series. It’s a standalone but to really understand it, you have to read ’ Demyan and Ana’ it’s the premise to Shattered.
As a lover of all things Russian and Mafia, this is one of my favourite series and it is a good conclusion to the series. Bethany Kris succeeded in tugging my heart strings yet again with Demyan’s story.
Shattered - To cause to break or burst suddenly into pieces, as w
Tahsin
Honest to god, each book that I read by this author is somehow better than the last - and that's saying something because it starts off really fucking good. I am very, very sad to see this series end. It somehow crept up on me, and I'm really glad it did.

The first half of the book is quite uneventful, and I was wondering why I was even reading it, but then BAM! I'm not going to say any more than that. Having read all of her Mafia books, I think I can honestly say Demyan is the strongest of them
Angel
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was a lucky girl who received an ARC and this review is bittersweet.

Shattered was beautifully written and I was on book high after I read the last page. Claire was the right person to break through Demyan. And the best mother for Vera to have. She was their sunshine.

Did I feel it was the end? For an ordinary reader's persepctive, it was. Everything was perfect! I couldn't argue with that.
But! I'm not an ordinary reader. I'm an Avdonin fan. They became my favorite the first time I read The Arr
Rachel K
Aug 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
Sydney
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Like Father. Like Son.
I was given an ARC for an honest review
Shattered is brilliant, sexy and so much more. In order for you to truly enjoy this novel read the novella Demyan and Ana.

Claire + Demyan= Emotional Rollercoaster
Demyan has had a rough couple years ever since the love of his life was killed in retaliation for taking revenge on those who hurt his family. He has been raising his daughter, Vera, on his own for the past four years. The Demyan his family knows no longer appears; his heart
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

***5 AMAZING AND WELL DESERVED STARS***

Shattered is everything that I expected it to be and sooo much more. After having read Vivianna and Anton's story, I would have never thought that any other couple would be able to match up to their level of chemistry but Demyan and Claire certainly do not disappoint...

After Gia's death, Demyan is left completely alone to take care of his little girl Vera. He withdraws into himself since he blames himself for t
Eli
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Please read Demyan and Ana by Bethany-Kris prior to Shattered.

Demyan is living a life he thought he always wanted as a mafia prince. However, now he isn't really living life just existing. He is shattered. After tragedy, his defense is to cut out all people who care about him. He is going through the motions. He hides behind his life of crime. The only sense of humanity in him is his feelings for his daughter, Vera. Then he meets Claire. Claire refuses to allow him to hide. She is in his face f
Annie Butts
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Annie by: AnneValkyria
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book.
I am a huge fan of this series and this book did not disappoint.
Demyan is cold and ruthless. Which was fun to read.
His interactions with Vera though, She is his world and it's amazing to see it.
I would recommend this series to anyone. All 5 were great reads.
This book is one of my favorites.
The epilogue was perfection. I really enjoyed reading that.
One slight criticism that I had was that I wish there was more Ana and Kolden in it. I expressed t
Earthy Taurean
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
I prefer Anton's story. This was little boring, less action, heroine like Mother teresa. Loved the daughter and Koldan. Most important, the connection was missing, when did they fall in love I did not realise only. With Anton my god it was so amazing. The feelings were crazy.
Joanne Teale
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received an arc of shattered,girls you don't want to miss this when it's released,brilliant book by Bethany Kris last one in the series,loved Demyan sad for it to end but looking forward to Bethany's next adventure in the mafia world x
Hayley Faiman
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Epically AMAZING! My love for this series knows no bounds!!!!
Velvet Messer
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So many emotions. So few words to describe them. This book will turn you inside out. Make you feel every emotion you've ever experienced or heard described on the level that is far beyond common ground. Demyan is imperfectly perfect. But sadly people only get to see the imperfect part of him. The closed-off unemotional and the bitter cold part of him. Except for Vera. And before I go any further I am beyond thrilled that he did not walk away from her in the end and turned out to be the exception ...more
Erin Tanner
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was an emotional read. Demyan went through a hellacious ordeal but the character journey he goes through was an amazing read. I felt for him in so many ways and I'm so glad he finally found happiness.
Michelle Cage
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so sad that this is the last book in this series. I have loved every book, but this has to be my favorite. I just couldn't put it down. I hope this writer will come out with more of this type of genre. I would highly recommend her books.
Nstefa
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Demeyan is a shattered soul especially after what he's been through! Life breaks us and brings us back to life .... sometimes things aren't always how they seem!!! Amazing book, amazing series!!!!
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, bethany-kris

*Read thru Kindle Unlimited*
Khanique McDaniel
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I haven't read a tactical Bethany-Kris novel in a while. I loved the mafia aspects and I was just starting to pay more attention to the romance element when it ended.

There was a lot of "you were thinking it, but you said it" moments, which is understandable because it was either that or the usual, 'I am an asshole and I wanna love you but I am still pining after my dead fiance and mother of my child.' I preferred the former.

I also love when I am right and though we didn't dive too deep into th
Cassandra Hunt
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've fallen in love with the Advonin family and especially Demyan. He was such and adorable kid. it was very interesting to see the kind of adult he turned into and the differences and similarities between he and Anton. Some of the events were heart wrenching and sad. This was a very emotional installment filled with suspense and darkness. I'm thrilled the story continues to another book because the ending of this left me in tears.
Angel Bare
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, my

Goodness! This book was SOOOOO good. It was awesome to read a story where the male didn't have his pieces healed but, acknowledged he loved his 1st love but, not in a lasting way, like with his new love. I, also, liked that she left her family because of the way they were & not be a Romeoville & Juliette kind of plot.
Sandra
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super Glue...

Demyan deserved a happy ending after the heartbreaking tragedy of his last book. Claire and Vera were the glue that pieced back together his shattered life. Five stars!!!
Yunn
Love it❤. That summarizes everything. ...more
Mia Bui
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read through this way too fast. Great ending!
  • Nix. (Den of Mercenaries, #3)
  • Ultimate Vengeance (Wanted Men, #4)
  • Untouched (Silver Creek, #2)
  • Explicit Memory (Explicit, #3)
  • Outcasts (Badlands #3)
  • Hold Me (Collateral #2)
  • Sweetest Sorrow (Forbidden, #2)
  • Rage (The Sound Wave Series, #2)
  • For Cam (Chicago Syndicate, #4)
  • Luca: Because You're Mine (Sicilian Mafia #2)
  • Mallicks: Back to the Beginning  (Mallick Brothers, #5)
  • Savage Things (Chaos & Ruin #2)
  • Sweet Seduction Surrender (Sweet Seduction, #4)
  • The Rogue Prince (Lords of the Var, #4)
  • When To Let Go
  • Children of Ambition (Children of Vice, #2)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new

The Russian Guns (5 books)
  • The Arrangement (The Russian Guns, #1)
  • The Life (The Russian Guns, #2)
  • The Score (The Russian Guns, #3)
  • Demyan & Ana (The Russian Guns, #4)
“We’re all monsters, sweetheart. Some of us just hide it better than others.” 23 likes
“You’re too tall, Demyan.”
“Do I make you feel short, krasivyy?”
“No, you make me feel safe. Like nobody can hurt me here.”
“Nobody will.”
“Well, not when I’m with you, anyway.”
3 likes