Start by marking “Double Fake, Double Murder (Carlos McCrary, #2)” as Want to Read:
Double Fake, Double Murder (Carlos McCrary, #2)

Double Fake, Double Murder

(Carlos McCrary #2)

A book review (partial):

Dallas Gorham has done it again!
ByStephen on December 28, 2014
Format: Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
If you like gumshoe detective stories, this one will get you going. The author has so many plot twists and turns the reader is taken on a wild ride to an ending you won't see coming. Another great story by Dallas Gorham.

Book description:

Mob boss Gar
Published September 29th 2014 by Seven Oaks Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Double Fake, Double Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Fake, Double Murder

Start your review of Double Fake, Double Murder (Carlos McCrary, #2)
Ian Miller
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chuck McCrary is ex-police and now a private investigator and he gets a case – an old friend, Jorge, from his police days has been charged with murder. The problem is, the evidence seems to be overwhelming. He was patrolling in the crime area just after midnight, the victim was a known drug dealer that all the police hated, Jorge had previously admitted that his gun had never left his possession, and the bullet that killed the victim came from Jorge's gun. I must confess when I got this far I wa ...more
Ellen White
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jorge an old friend calls Carlos a PI , he needs help he is in jail. He wants to talk, as he had all night to any one that would listen, that’s trouble. Nobody there is on his side, wait till he gets an attorney. The victim a known drug dealer, so glad he off the street. A witness,being it was dark and a runaway nit much help. As he mentioned ‘the army way’ there no perfect investigation, finding that odd clue that is needed. New author for me, and good description, and how it was figured out.
Stacy Derebery
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a good good read!!!

It’s Halloween and I’m holding my kindle reading and passing out candy. This book was amazing it has you on edge waiting and wondering what will happen — you never know with this author. I really liked the ending. This book is one you stay up reading, hide at work, stay up late, listen to it in the car and finally you finish and then can’t wait to start the next book. Read on.,,,,
paulette sarelli
Nov 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great suspense thriller

Loved the characters in this book. Lots of twist and turns. The main character Carlos was quite a bit out there. Can't wait to read the next book and see what happens to him.

Bill
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Drug dealer Garrison Franco is murdered and the police pin it on one of their own...Jorge Castellano.
Jorge's good friend, PI Carlos "Chuck" McCrary, sets out to prove Jorge is innocent, only to get framed for another murder. Several twists and turns in this story, Very good!
Jeff Cochrane
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Double Fake

I am liking this series. Just finished book 2 and have six more to go now. Good characters getting developed nicely. Lots of action, of all kinds. Good plots. I really like the main character. While he can be violent, he can also be compassionate. Recommended
Stephen
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
GOOD COP/BAD COP

I enjoyed reading this book. It is very entertaining. The characters are real. It’s a page turner. I liked McCrary.
Kt
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series! It is full of action and suspense and it is such a quick read. I especially loved the addition of the character Sneakers.
BonusMom
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another twisted murder

This book doesn't fail to impress, with its mystery, action and humor abounding throughout. And it's on to number 3.
Matthew Murray
Sep 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed

This was the second book of yours that I have read and enjoyed and I am looking forward to the next one.
Isha Roberts
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Could read it again
Cindy
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Stayed engrossed enough so I stayed up late to finish it. Lite profanity but a good plot.
David Z Hirsch
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is both an engaging private-eye murder mystery and an absorbing personal struggle over ethics and priorities. The work benefits from having two threads and the reader is doubly rewarded. An enjoyable read.
Stein Larsen
Apr 17, 2020
Susan Jones
May 12, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Luck of the Crow (Tony Crow Mystery Series, #5)
  • Eye of the Crow (Tony Crow Mystery, #2)
  • Adam's Witness (Adam and Grace, #1)
  • Between Two Thieves (Between Two Thieves #1)
  • On Edge (Redemption Thriller #13; Ozzie Novak Thriller #1)
  • Only One Will Fall (Nick Cross Mysteries #1)
  • The Abduction of Hui-Chien Song (Hologram, #3)
  • Pretty Little Girls (An Agent Victoria Heslin Thriller, #2)
  • What Lies Beneath (Victor Loshak #2)
  • undone (Burt Bigsley Mystery Book 1)
  • Key Death
  • If Angels Fall (Tom Reed and Walt Sydowski, #1)
  • Mrs. Jones (Adelaide Henson Mystery Series #1)
  • Determinant (Cases of Lieutenant Kane, #3)
  • Mr. Jones (Adelaide Henson Mystery Series, #2)
  • 1st Shock (A Schock Sisters Mystery, #1)
  • Cash Kills (Angelina Bonaparte Mysteries, #2)
  • Nowhere Safe (Slye Temp #1)
Dallas Gorham is a sixth-generation Texan and a proud Texas Longhorn, having earned a Bachelor of Business Administration at the University of Texas at Austin. He graduated in the top three-quarters of his class, maybe.

Dallas is also a reluctant Dallas Cowboy fan (Cowboy fans: You know how it is. But he has no choice… He’s named after them, sort of.) Like his fictional hero, Chuck McCrary, he now

Carlos McCrary (6 books)
  • Six Murders Too Many (Carlos McCrary #1)
  • Quarterback Trap (Carlos McCrary #3)
  • Dangerous Friends (Carlos McCrary #4)
  • Day of the Tiger (Carlos McCrary #5)
  • McCrary's Justice (Carlos McCrary #6)