Start by marking “Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)

Dragon Marked

(Supernatural Prison #1)

There are supernatural prisons hidden across the globe. Contained within these fortresses are some of the deadliest criminals from the five supernatural races: vampire, shifter, fey, magic users and demi-fey.

Jessa Lebron, twenty-two, has spent her entire life in Stratford, Connecticut, one of the gateway towns adjoining these prisons which protect the fortified borders. Sh
Published January 27th 2015 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Marked, please sign up.
Jaymin Eve I would say PG - M. Recommended for 17+ :) The second and third in the series will be more New Adult.
Jaymin Eve Release date for Dragon Mystics is 31st July. Available on preorder now! :)

Start your review of Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Third re-read: 29.08.2020
I seriously don't like Mischa. Hell I stopped the re-read the second she appeared because I can't stand her. I tried again weeks - or was it months - later and I managed to skim her parts. I hate how Maximus is taking a liking to her though. I really do. This is actually one of the few books that I'd prefer a reverse haram or something. I love Braxton, and I love him with Jessa, but I also love Maximus with Jessa. I seriously wouldn't mind a relationship where Jessa
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
DNF. I thought I was reading UF, you know that genre with supernatural/paranormal things and violence. Yeah, this wasn't it. It was like one of those coming of age stories/movies that's rated a low PG-13. Maybe a kiss, but mostly a lot of the character talking about herself and how awesome, but misunderstood she is, while still being awesome. All the girls hate her because of her awesomeness & how much all the boys like her, cuz she's perfect, duh. <~ See, this shit is not UF, and that's all thi ...more
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
Imagine a world where the supernatural are forced to unite and govern with representatives ...
Yup thats the one Jessa might end up destroying
descriptiondescription

Jessa is an alpha wolf who never fit so obviously prefers a group of 4 dare-devil brothers each born with a different power.

The Compass brothers !! Braxton dragon shifter&possible-love-interest#1, Tyson magic user, Jacob fey, and Maximusvampire&possible-love-interest#2

TBH, I read Dragon Marked cuz she also wrote Trickery of the Gods & I hoped she would
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
BR with my MacHalo Freaks starting February 1, 2016.

DNF at: who the hell knows? I didn't bother checking.

This Faster-Than-Light DNF (FTLD™) is the result of hours of self-preservation practice. Yes, absolutely. Because one of my resolutions for this year is to use discernment when it comes to reading books. One of my resolutions for this year is to stop letting the masochist in me out. One of my resolutions for this year is to stop reading Stupidly Stupid Pieces of Crap (SSPoC™).

If I hadn'
Choko
Sep 10, 2015 rated it liked it
*** 3 ***

Buddy Read with my MacHalo Freaks for our February Book of the Month, 2016

Jessa Lebron is a wolf shifter with a bit of something extra. She lives in Connecticut, a center for the five supernatural races: vampire, shifter, fey, magic users and demi-fey in the US. It is also a place where the prison for the baddest of bad such creatures are kept for the safety of the rest of humanity.

Jessa is in supernatural college and her constant companions are 4 quadruplets who have grown up with he
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
I was surprised how much I enjoyed this one. Told through first point of view, Jessa is part of an elite group of ruling supernaturals destined to eventually take over the small town council. Supernaturals are segregated from the human population by choice, with their own town ran with their own systems - all businesses, the prison, the school are supernaturally ran and inhabited. The variety of supernaturals is widely diverse, from every type of shapeshifter including the rare dragon, vampires, ...more
Hanne
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Jessa is a (wolf) shifter. She’s driven, smart, talented, powerful and caring. She’s the daughter of the wolf pack leader and will probably be the leader later. Jessa’s best friends are the Compass brothers. There are four of them: Braxton, Maximus, Tyson and Jason. They all have a different ability. Every brother is strong, powerful, protective and caring. They will probably rule their world one day.

Jessa and the Compass brothers spend a lot of time together and they have each other’s back. Je
Rachelann
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I seriously think I just died and went to heaven. This has got to be one of the greatest books I've ever read. Seriously.

5+ Stars

I honestly did not know what I was getting myself into. I'm in love.
The main character has a special bond with four guys. They've been together since they were two. Their relationship is probably my favorite thing about the book. They love her so much. I can't really describe it. Jaymin wrote this book wonderfully. Let's just say, they'd die for her, and she'd die for
Steph
Dragon Marked is my first surprise read of 2015. I grabbed it on a whim while poking around Amazon and decided I'd "just read a chapter or two" to check it out. Only, 1-2 chapters turned into 9-10 and so on.

Dragon Marked introduces us to Jessa Lebron, a twenty-two year old wolf shifter who's attending 'supes' college. She lives with her father, wolf shifter alpha and high council leader of all shifting races. Their town, a gateway/guardian community that is protected by witch magic to repel
Kira
DNF @38%

I was irritated by the end of the first chapter. I'm sure this would be a solid 2 star book if I bothered to finish it, but I'm not going to waste my time suffering through it. These are supposed to be college kids in their early 20's, but they acted like immature teenagers and thought they knew it all. It was really hard to believe these 5 kids were supposed to be leaders in a few short years. Books like this are the reason I hate YA.

Almost every character was a special snowflake. The s
Brittany
2 stars
🌟🌟

Meh... this one didn't really work all that well for me. I think it had potential … I mean come on … HELLO- DRAGONS.. But, it fell short. All the action scenes had a build up but no delivery. The jokes made were bland and didn't make much sense. I also kept thinking the main characters- (5 in all) were like 13 or 14 because of their immaturity, but NOPE - they were like 22. My biggest problem was this is considered a YA - and I have no issue with mild language, even in a YA, but this o
Cece Rose
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Second Read Through: 29/03/2017
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

So, I realised I totally suck as I hadn't reviewed several of Jaymin's books. (I'm a terrible person, I know.) So...... Perfect excuse to re-read, right?

The Basics:
Genre: YA Paranormal
Series/standalone: Series - Book #1
Stars: 4 Stars.
Would I recommend this book: Yes, to fans of paranormal YA reads.
Would I read again: Yes.

First Thought:
DRAGONS, DRAGONS!

I've said it once and I
Kamarie
My first reaction was:

And my plan was:

description

And I finished the book... And then... I found out that second part didn't come out yet!

description

And then I have so many emotions...

Worst.
Feeling.
Ever!

That's all I think.

Alex
Jan 24, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hit or miss

Books are a hit or miss kind of thing sometimes. This for me was a miss. I just didn’t connect well with the story and plot. I found too many flaws in the MC Jessa as well as the rest of the supporting characters. But as always this might just be a character flaw in me, you might read this book and fall in love with them.
I personally found Jessa to be extremely annoying. I felt like she was underwhelming, obsessed with food but described as perfect, the author reminds you of it every
Yellagirlgc
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was SO much better than I thought it would be. At first I felt it was moving a little slow but I was just getting to know my new friends. I was so engrossed I wanted to be pack with the sexy Compass brothers too lol. I expect the next book to be even better.
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Dianne
Jessa, love her or hate her, the girl has attitude and the backbone to stand toe to toe against anyone who attempts to hurt those she cares about. Her strong sense of right and wrong, justice and injustice is to be admired, her execution of some of the stands she takes border on “what was she thinking.” She is also the next in line as alpha behind her shifter father in a world where supernatural races live side by side, generally in peace with one another. Yep, one bad wolf-shifter, for sure and ...more
Alaina
Second time read. First time review - I think?
Either way, I still ended up loving this book!

Dragon Marked is the first of the Supernatural Prison Series. I forgot how much I missed the compass boys - but hot damn, I did! Okay, so there's Jessa, who is a wolf shifter (aka the wolf princess) and her four best friends (the compass brothers) and uh.. she gets a whole lot of information dropped on her in one day.

1. Her mom is back.
2. She has a sister.
3. This sister isn't actually her younger sister..
Maria Dimitrova
I just couldn't get into this. DNFed at ¬ 30%
Valerie
4 1/2 stars

I've really, really needed a good read for a while now. It's been a low summer reading break for me and I don't like it. I finally figured out I needed paranormal reads to keep my interest right now. So when a bookish friend suggested this series, I jumped to grab the first book. And before I had gotten half way through it, I was buying the rest of the series. Yep, this is just one of those series that captured me and held. Devoured it and was so glad book two was already waiting.

What
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
2.5...Nice start but it feels like it's YA instead of NA.... lot's of sticking tongues out at each other, shoulder punching, and middle finger salutes. They talk a lot about sex and how active they are but you don't actually see it (which to me is just plain boring). The writing is kind of choppy and feels abrupt. Has a lot of potential but it was too predictable. May continue on to see if Braxton and Jessa finally do the horizontal mambo. At this point that's all that interests me.

Buddy Read w
Jeanny
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More than enjoyed this despite the cliffhanger ending. If I'm honest it wasn't an abrupt stop just a lead into a new chapter aka book two. The h is the bomb. I can't find one fault with her. The love interest(s?) seem like all good choices I say why choose lol

For those interested the arc is available in Netgalley
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

Friends bad reviews nearly put me off starting this one but, thankfully I ended up enjoying it.

There are clear similarities in the group dynamic between Jessa and the Compass brothers and Willa and the Abcurse's from Trickery, the difference here being that while they all love and protect her, there is one clear romantic lead above the others (though nothing happens between them in this book).

Plot-wise the setup is well in place for some action in the next book which I'm looking forwar
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

Hmmm. Well, this is interesting.
As my tradition with series, actual review when I finish the last book.

Though let me put this out there.
Jessa and Braxton are like a slightly milder version of Kate and Curran from The Kate Daniels series :D
Yay! xD
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
This is one of those books that I turn too when I need to completely take my mind of something and just become immersed in reading. It's pure fun and escapism and I couldn't be more thankful.
Floryie
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I requested a copy from the author through the Goodreads group for reviewing it, I was both eager and reluctant to start reading the book. The reason was that I found the blurb interesting enough to queue up for a free copy and at the same time too wordy leaving an open field for the story without any bumps in it. The blurb was also very revealing of the plot. I think that it could have been a bit more concise and more mysterious.

For this book, I found that the cover was not too engaging. I
Matt
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like the idea of this book but after reading it and reflecting on it it feels like not much happens of consequence.

We have the main character a snarky werewolf girl who is daughter of the alpha in this secret village of supernaturals built to guard a secret supernatural prison.

The idea of a supernatural prison is interesting and how it would differ from a regular one how it would work etc there's lots to explore there but that aspect gets mostly glossed over for some tame romance and some pr
angela
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent, loved it.

This was an excellent, excellent book. It got my attention quickly and kept it throughout, at no point did I loose interest. The characters are amazing, like able, multidimensional and real. I felt like I got to know them all and was along with them in the book. I can’t wait to read the next book, which I’m starting now. I highly recommend this book.
Flavia (OddCloud)
Rating: 2/5

I alternated between the audio book and ebook on this one. On that note, I have to mention that the narrator did a pretty good job. I'd have little to complain about her interpretation.

Now, the book. It started well... Until the second third chapter. Again, it is like a teenager's fantasy, where you are a badass with alpha vibes (which wants to be translated as authority... mrrr-yeah) and you have four very hot and incredibly strong guys trailing after you like puppies and tending t
Stacy
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I requested a review copy of DRAGON MARKED off of NetGalley on a whim and I was pleasantly surprised that after I started reading DRAGON MARKED I didn't want to put it down.

I loved Jessa from the first chapter. She is fierce, protective, loyal and an all around bad-ass. She finds out very quickly into the book that her absentee mom is back and oh yeah, she has a sister. If that wasn't bad enough she finds out her sister is actually her twin and they are dragon marked.

I absolutely adored Jessa's

• Wrath of The Gods (The Titan's Saga #2)
  • Revenge of The Gods (The Titan's Saga #3)
  • Releasing The Gods (The Titan's Saga #1)
  • Pain (Curse of the Gods, #5)
  • Third Term (Dragon Fire Academy, #3)
  • Strength (Curse of the Gods, #4)
  • The Princess Must Die (Storm Princess Saga, #1)
  • Second Term (Dragon Fire Academy #2)
  • Queen Mecca (NYC Mecca, #4)
  • The Princess Must Strike (Storm Princess Saga, #2)
  • The Princess Must Reign (Storm Princess #3)
  • Shadowborn Academy: Year One (Dark Fae Academy #1)
  • The Complete Lost Royals Saga (The Lost Royals Saga #1-5)
  • Prophecies (Darkblood Academy #4)
  • Grave Consequences (Hellgate Guardians, #2)
  • First Term (Dragon Fire Academy #1)
  • Neutral (Curse of the Gods #4.5)
  • Fallen Academy: Year Four (Fallen Academy #4)
Jaymin Eve is the Wall Street Journal and USA Today Bestselling author of paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and sci-fi novels filled with epic love stories, great adventures, and plenty of laughs. She lives in Australia with her husband, two beautiful daughters, and a couple of crazy pets. To date, she has sold close to two million ebooks, and still can't believe that she gets to create fantasy w ...more

Supernatural Prison (3 books)
  • Dragon Mystics (Supernatural Prison #2)
  • Dragon Mated (Supernatural Prison, #3)

News & Interviews

“Dammit, it’s not fair,” I growled .
“Your dragon has them all cowering like rabbits.” One of the weaker shifter animals. “Why is it that no one shows my wolf her due respect?”
He laughed . “It might be a dog eat dog world, but ... a dragon eats everyone.”

Eve, Jaymin (2015-01-29). Dragon Marked: Supernatural Prison #1 (p. 38). . Kindle Edition.”
17 likes
“The smallest smile finally graced his face as he handed me a paper plate. Nestled in the center was a slice of lemon cake. I stared at it for a moment before a tear escaped the corner of my eye. Braxton laughed .
“You are still the only supe I know to cry about cake.” I sucked down my sob .
“There are very few things in this world which can move me to tears.” I hugged the plate close to my chest.
“This is just beautiful.”

Eve, Jaymin (2015-01-29). Dragon Marked: Supernatural Prison #1 (pp. 307-308). . Kindle Edition.”
10 likes