Start by marking “Stars of Fortune (The Guardians Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stars of Fortune (The Guardians Trilogy, #1)

Stars of Fortune

(The Guardians Trilogy #1)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  22,825 Ratings  ·  1,874 Reviews
FIRST IN THE GUARDIANS TRILOGY

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts comes a trilogy about three couples who join together to create their own family and solve an ancient mystery through the powers of timeless love…

Sasha Riggs is a reclusive artist, haunted by dreams and nightmares that she turns into extraordinary paintings. Her visions lead her to the
Published November 3rd 2015 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Stars of Fortune, please sign up.
Ballerina60 NOT a reissue. see front cover "never before published"; AND i've read all her books--this is a new story although a familiar theme. she does the heck…moreNOT a reissue. see front cover "never before published"; AND i've read all her books--this is a new story although a familiar theme. she does the heck out of good vs evil fantasy!(less)
Laurie Carlson I have the finished copy in my hands right now for review. This is NOT the galley or an ARC, but the official print book that will be sold in stores.…moreI have the finished copy in my hands right now for review. This is NOT the galley or an ARC, but the official print book that will be sold in stores.
On the cover of this book in the left top area, there is a circle with an NR inside of it which states below that that this is a "NEVER BEFORE PUBLISHED". Hope that helps!(less)

Alex is The Romance Fox
There may be some minor spoilers.....

photo week-in-review-emma-stone-gifs-little-mix-thecozyarmchair_zps8plxw8si.gif
Want to know why I’m so excited?
A short explanation………I have been reading Nora Roberts’s books for years and years…in fact, I have a huge collection of her works in a bookshelf dedicated to her.
But the last couple of her books have somewhat been a disappointment to me….even began thinking that the most recent book I read, Blood Magick (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy #3) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... which I gave 2 stars…first time ever…..could not p
Jonetta
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Sasha Riggs lives a lonely, solitary life as a painter in the mountains of North Carolina. When she becomes plagued by disturbing dreams that manifests into her art, she decides to give into the pull and ends up in Corfu, Greece. From there, she meets five people who will become part of her destiny, one of whom, Bran Killian, will mean much more.

I loved the mythology of this story, which forms the foundation for the tale. The quest is for three stars created
Flannery
I'm very sorry to say that I pretty much hated this book. It was like one constant eye roll for me and this comes from a Nora Roberts fangirl. I've read over 100 of her books and 3+ star enjoyed over 95% probably. This one is the beginning and the end of this series for me. I will tell you why but you should just stop reading this review if you intend to read this book or already read it and loved it.

Now that all those people are gone, here's my beef:

1. There is no scenario in reality where six
nicklein
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Halfway through and really digging the "Chosen Six" concept.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

It has been way too long since I have read a Roberts book, and in doing so, it reminded me all over again why she truly is a master in her craft.

Her books are engaging, fun, well written, designed, and executed. Easy to get into and hard to step away from, this is another series that fans are just going to adore.

Reminiscent of two of my favorite series by her, Three Sister's Island and the Circle Trilogy, it was no wonder this was a hard one to put down.

I loved all the magical eleme
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)

When someone is often referred to as the world's greatest storyteller, you can be sure, even before you open her new book, that you're in for a treat. This always stands true for Nora Roberts, who is famous for her exciting plots, unforgettable settings and steaming hot romances. Regardless of whether she writes contemporary romance, paranormal fiction or even futuristic crime fiction as J.D. Robb, the underlying recipe remains the same.

Stars of Fortune is the first in Nora’s brand new paranor
Cyndi
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liz
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
OK, I really really wish that Nora Roberts would come up with a new theme in her trilogies. I am pretty tired of the trio or in this case 6 people with special powers battling evil to save the world, and truth to tell the stories are so similar it is very hard to differentiate between them. I miss the stories of real life people dealing with real life issues....and it wouldn't hurt to have characters who were not gorgeous, thin or for the males built, and white.
Faye
First read: Oct 2016
Re-read: Dec 2017
Initial rating: 1/5 stars
New rating: 4/5 stars

I really enjoyed this re-read! While I'm still unsure about what the stars are supposed to do, I focused more on the developing romances between the couples and found Stars of Fortune was actually an easy page turner. Sasha and Bran are not my favourite of the three couples but this book turned out to be a much stronger paranormal romance than I first gave it credit for.
-------------------------------------------
Wendy
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: oct-15
"Stars of Fortune", by Nora Roberts, is the 1st book in her "The Guardians" trilogy. Geared toward fantasy/paranormal lovers this novel is an enjoyable read that will keep you intrigued.
The story involves six characters, each with individual gifts and secrets, that come together to find the fire star. Friendships are formed and strengthened as their journey together moves on. However, with every attempt at bonding, a dark threat looms seeking to destroy everything that stands in their way of pos
JuliaOrlando
Just finished my new Nora Roberts book. I thought it was a little slow taking off, but as it's the first book in her new 'The Guardians' trilogy, groundwork has to be set for new characters and storyline. I like the fact that the author took the readers to a new locale and she introduced new "characters" (I had a feeling about Annika but Riley was a total surprise). I'm looking forward to the next book in the series 'Bay Of Sighs'
Lakshmi C
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stars of Fortune has been on my shelf forever but I was reluctant to start it. The last few Nora Roberts books disappointed me and I pinned all my hopes on this one.
The blurb was intriguing and I finally gave in last night.

THE GOOD

Characters
Each character in this book has mystical powers and is guarding secrets. This group of strangers comes together on a quest to find the fallen stars and protect them from an evil Goddess - Nerezza.

Bran was my favourite in this story and I know he's going to be
KAudio
Mar 28, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So, you think this is a book about cool characters and their powers and this interesting mission that they're on right? WRONG This is a book about eating. I felt like just as the book was finally getting somewhere, all the characters would go eat or drink. It became frustratingly annoying that i even created a 'bookshelf' and tagged this as "frustrating"!!

The amount of times these words were mentioned

Beer 47x
Wine 51x
Dinner 18x
Breakfast 20x
Meal 15x
Lunch 15x
Eggs 10x

Combine all the food terms, that
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

Stars of Fortune is the first book in the Guardian's Trilogy and I was lucky enough to grab all three books at my local library. And boy, I haven't read this author in quite a long while....since her Bride Quartet series was released and I wanted to give her paranormal's a chance, and since I heard nothing but good things about these books I knew I needed to pick them up and first off I wish I could just leave this review with AWESOME SAUCE
Jacob Proffitt
This is a by-the-numbers Roberts magickal romance. If you've read one before, you know more or less what you'll get with this one, though Roberts does a mix-n-match on the mythology for this one. Still, I was in the mood, so it worked out. This one suffers from having to establish the group we'll deal with in all the rest of the books. That's a lot of introducing and establishing. Roberts pulls it off though I think the brilliant, almost sensual, setting helped keep it flowing.

My main disappoint
Nicole R
Oh, Nora. I will always love you but I need you to put more effort into our relationship than this.

Sasha is an artist who lives a solitary life in North Carolina. Ostracized from her family, she finds it easier to live in seclusion than to have to come to terms with what she is -- a seer who has visions of what is to come. But, over the last several months, she has been compulsively drawing the same six people -- three men and three women -- who stand together in an unknown place. More than that
Anita
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too bad I am also reading "The Circle Trilogy" by Nora Roberts because "The Guardians Trilogy" seems an awful lot like it. But, these trilogies were published almost 10 years apart and there are significant plot differences. Just the general theme: group of six strangers bands together to save the worlds and the pairing off of the six main characters. Overall, I really liked it. It is paranormal, Nora Roberts style or as I like to think of it, paranormal-lite. I'm not a fan of the paranormal gen ...more
ShoSho
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-2015, fantasy
Exactly my kind of book!
Vi~Inkvotary
I am really sorry, but what NR added in the last third of this book was a bit too much and downgrades the book from the stars I wanted to give by instinct when I was about half way through it.

I can say from myself, that I love Nora Roberts writing style and her books very much. I have read many of them over the past 25 years.

Stars of Fortune reminded me in some ways of other novels of her, where she brought witches and magic as well into the game. The Donovan Saga is one example, her Cousins O
Lexy
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my God Roberts did it again and amazing Neville that I will never forget with all the action she put in this book.
Anna Doe
*4 stars*

The Guardians by Nora Roberts remind me a lot of her other trilogies such as Three Sisters Island, The Gallaghers of Ardmore and Sign of Seven. It’s a story about three men and three women who meet on a quest filled with legends, myths, magic, friendship, fighting and of course love.

They are no ordinary people, and next quote describes this group of people to perfection:
“To just lay this out. We’ve got a witch, a seer, a werewolf – I like the word, okay?” he said with laugh before Ri
Kathy Martin
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in a new trilogy. So the first thing we have to do is set the problem: Three goddesses are preparing gifts for a new queen when a rival goddess decides that the gifts should be hers leading the three to hide the gifts until they can be safely recovered.

Then we need characters:

*Sasha Riggs is an artist and a seer who has been dreaming of death and battle and five people who will be in this adventure with her. She is solitary by choice.

"She believed in true love— for others
Fareya
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a reason I love almost anything written by Nora Roberts. She has a way with words and is an exceptional storyteller. Two years back when I saw this book, I was beyond excited because it was the first book of another trilogy with a magic and fantasy element to it. Nora has a way with weaving stories around lores, legends and myths. She creates well rounded memorable characters and the stories have gorgeous settings, this one is set on the beautiful Greek island of Corfu.

The concept is n
Paula
Sep 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to win an ARC of this book. If you have read Nora Roberts' other trilogies, then this story is going to feel very familiar. It is the first of a new series involving six strangers meeting and forming friendships and more as they pursue a quest. The six characters all have something they are hiding, some better than others, and as the battle between good and evil unfolds, the secrets are revealed. While I did enjoy the book, I did not read it as eagerly as some books because th ...more
Camille Adams
God!
I LOVED this book on a whole other level.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Nora Roberts always delivers. She’s the queen of romance. For even in this simple yet complex story, I got all the feels.

Action, adventure, thrills and romance, this book has it all with the promise of more to come.

Though I’m kicking myself for waiting to read this one, I’m glad the entire trilogy is available for me to binge read.

I look forward to the others journeys but still I expect Bram and Sasha to be in the mix of thing.

The narrator did a fantastic job.
Gilles
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I think someone fairly new to Nora Roberts would enjoy this book. The things she does well that I really enjoy about her writing are all here. She creates great characters, incredible close supportive friendships and creative and interesting magical quests.

To those like me who have inhaled everything she has ever written, it will feel very similar to many of her other recent trilogies. Six people meet and come together fated to accomplish a magical task. They pair up eventually into three coupl
Angela
So, after finishing Year One and being re-invigorated to read Nora Roberts I promptly started this series, hoping for more of the same. This is what always got me going on Nora Roberts in the past. A  good book goads me into reading everything else she has. It was nice to feel that again.

This book, unlike Year One, didn't give me anything really different. Nothing new. And like I've said before, I like that on some level. That I can slide into any Nora Roberts trilogy and know exactly what I'm
☕ Kimberly
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nora Roberts continually delights me with her paranormal trilogies of good versus evil. I love the ancient mysteries and mythology she wraps into these stories and Stars of Fortune delivered.

We meet the six who are destined to find the stars and protect them from the evil that seeks them to destroy the world. Roberts brought us such an interesting cast of characters with Bran, Sasha, Annika, Riley, Sawyer and Doyle. Each brings something to the quest but they will need to learn to trust each oth
Kaye
Nov 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
So disappointed. I had hoped that her last stand-alone, The Liar, was an anomaly because it was so bad, but this one is well below her usual standards also.

I have read - and reread - nearly all of Nora's books, including the J.D. Robb series, and I believe she hit her peak with the Brides' Quartet and the Boonsboro Inn trilogy. The Cousins O'Dwyer series was almost as good.

This book reads like she fleshed out a fragment that she started years ago. The dialog is choppy and sexist, and the plot ma
  • Devoted in Death (In Death, #41)
  • Siren's Call (Rainshadow, #4; Ghost Hunters, #12)
  • Quicksilver (Arcane Society, #11; Looking Glass Trilogy #2)
  • Air Bound (Sea Haven/Sisters of the Heart, #3)
  • Elsewhens (Glass Thorns, #2)
  • The Highlander Next Door (Spellbound Falls, #6)
  • The Lost Night (Rainshadow, #1; Ghost Hunters, #9)
  • Ever After (Nantucket Brides, #3)
  • The Hidden (Krewe of Hunters, #17)

The Guardians Trilogy (3 books)
  • Bay of Sighs (The Guardians Trilogy, #2)
  • Island of Glass (The Guardians Trilogy, #3)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
  • You and Me, Always
    $14.99 $2.99
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
“To crave forever is to dismiss the beauty and wonder of the cycle.” 6 likes